Are all settings within sysAISKill scope ignored if enabled is set to 0 or does it only affect the setting of the AI skill values? In other words would dynamic view distance and wounding coefficient (etc.) still apply when enabled is 0 ?

If you set enable = 0 you disable ALL the scripted features from that module. What are you trying to do ?

I'm having a bit of an issue with friendly AI not firing. It only seems to happen in missions where you can spawn-in AI (or recruit AI). The enemy AI does exactly was it should, bu all friendly AI do is look straight at their targets as if they were going to fire, but then just sit there.

If it helps I have the most recent CBA and the most recent ASR AI 3.

I would post a link to the mission where the problem was first found, but I'm too new of a member, so you can find it on the A3 Workshop by searching "Battlezone Altis v2.2b", with the author being Skepsist.

Thanks!

Out of interest, are there any conflicting issues with this mod and @ALiVE that will cause the AI to derp at all? I've been using it a while and they seem to perfom ok but I was wondering if there is an issue when running both mods?

I'm having a bit of an issue with friendly AI not firing. It only seems to happen in missions where you can spawn-in AI (or recruit AI). The enemy AI does exactly was it should, bu all friendly AI do is look straight at their targets as if they were going to fire, but then just sit there.

If it helps I have the most recent CBA and the most recent ASR AI 3.

I would post a link to the mission where the problem was first found, but I'm too new of a member, so you can find it on the A3 Workshop by searching "Battlezone Altis v2.2b", with the author being Skepsist.

Thanks!

Very little information to work with. Skills configured too low maybe ? Other mods ? Best to open a ticket, post your RPT and provide some clear repro steps.

Out of interest, are there any conflicting issues with this mod and @ALiVE that will cause the AI to derp at all? I've been using it a while and they seem to perfom ok but I was wondering if there is an issue when running both mods?

No issues, been running Alive mod since it came out. Never used the Alive AI module though, because I already have that in ASR AI.

If you set enable = 0 you disable ALL the scripted features from that module. What are you trying to do ?

Our group uses a script-based system to set the AI skill values, as it is easier to tune for our mission makers and can be changed by parameter depending on number of players. To my knowledge ASR_AI3 overrides all script-set skills. I was hoping that we could still use the other features of the module that aren't related to the skill settings.

Our group uses a script-based system to set the AI skill values, as it is easier to tune for our mission makers and can be changed by parameter depending on number of players. To my knowledge ASR_AI3 overrides all script-set skills. I was hoping that we could still use the other features of the module that aren't related to the skill settings.

I have to add another userconfig option to control the skill assignments alone. Will add that for next update.

I have to add another userconfig option to control the skill assignments alone. Will add that for next update.

That sounds great!

robalo, are you planning on making any AI modules?

for example patrol with a radius?

garrison buildings

so on?

robalo, are you planning on making any AI modules?

for example patrol with a radius?

garrison buildings

so on?

Not planned, but you never know. FYI there are some AI functions already in CBA. But I guess you mean modules to place in the editor.

Robalo, is there a way to get AI to shoot at helicopters if they're carrying anti tank weapons?

Yes there is. Which AT weapons/munitions should AI use against helis ?

But I guess you mean modules to place in the editor.

you got it in one :) so then we have the choice if we wanted the AI to do that or not, rather it being on regardless.. unless...... userconfig setting?

RPG, i.e. modded

Vanilla?

PCML - (unguided, is that even possible ?), Titan Compact (though giving the Ai Another guided weapon makes me shudder....) They're accuracy with the Vanilla Manpads is too good as it is I feel.

SJ

PCML and RPG would be enough for me.

PCML and RPG would be enough for me.

This. Plus the RPG 7 from CUP and RHS.

Yeah anything that's point and shoot would be best to get some near misses going.. Far more exciting than actually getting hit... that just sucks :(

After a bit of fun testing that, going to only allow RPGs. Titan and PCML are way too effective as AA weapons if I change them. PCML would be ok to allow when running TMR but I'll stick to vanilla compatibility on this one.

After a bit of fun testing that, going to only allow RPGs. Titan and PCML are way too effective as AA weapons if I change them. PCML would be ok to allow when running TMR but I'll stick to vanilla compatibility on this one.

Soundsgood man.

Version 0.9.10 is now available in first post.

- made AI happier about throwing frags

- added configs for ammo detectability - increased audiblefire overall, tracers are more visible than not-tracers

- allow AI to fire RPGs at helicopters

- reduce the range for which full-auto fire is used with regular weapons at close

- reset max values in cfgaiskill to 1 (skills over 1 proved not to work well)

- increase soldier costs overall so they are more interesting targets, esp. to vehicles

- stripped off code which allowed this to apply to civs; stick to affecting soldier units only

- removed skill reduction hit effects; there were engine improvements about this so it should no longer be required; best to use TMR hiteffects or TPW mods for fall effects instead

- improve performance of server-side viewdistance calculation by using sunormoon instead of the sun elevation function

- shot detection tweaked to work better with the ammo audible values and properly detect suppressors when using joint muzzles; note change of userconfig default coefficient value

- slight reduction in morale applied on remaining group units every time a teammate is killed

- house usage tweaks - this still needs more attention

- AI will now automatically store their NVG into their vest/rucksack during the day, then re-equip them when it's dark. When they will also hide their sunglasses :)

- after closing the gear interface for equipping an AI unit, they will now automatically switch to their rifle; useful when changing their primary weapon and they carry sidearms.

Don't forget to update your userconfig !

Enjoy!

Thanks Robalo! That's an impressive changelog.

- increase soldier costs overall so they are more interesting targets, esp. to vehicles

What do you mean by costs and interesting?

- removed skill reduction hit effects; there were engine improvements about this so it should no longer be required; best to use TMR hiteffects or TPW mods for fall effects instead

We are not using TMR or TPW on the server. Does vanilla include AI skill reduction when hit now? It was one of my favorite features of ASR...

- slight reduction in morale applied on remaining group units every time a teammate is killed

What does morale affect?

- AI will now automatically store their NVG into their vest/rucksack during the day, then re-equip them when it's dark. When they will also hide their sunglasses :)

What happens if their inventory is full?

Thank you for the update.

By cost, I guess Robalo wants to say higher priority than it used to be.

What do you mean by costs and interesting?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgVehicles_Config_Reference#cost

We are not using TMR or TPW on the server. Does vanilla include AI skill reduction when hit now? It was one of my favorite features of ASR...
06-05-2014

EXE rev. 124216

Added: AI aiming error is now influenced by wounds and reloading

+Go for TMR hiteffects, it's really nice

What does morale affect?

Chance of fleeing

What happens if their inventory is full?

Nothing