i agree Robalo, however, in my experience just using the admin function #monitor... i can say that i have Never been in ANY mission On ANY server that got above 40 fps consistently... most missions that i have downloaded have played around 25-35 CPS on the servers... that includes missions like PatrolOps, Domi, Insurgency. Tiny/ Small missions will of course yield you get better cps. with little scripting and few ai thats a given but the aforementioned.. yea

if your getting 40 CPS out of your server consistantly i would like to know a couple things:

Who is your server provider?

what are their Servers specs??

how many ai are in these missions? (and are these missions available to download? )

Seba no need to dream... This is the ARMA 3 thread... not arma 2, so your argument about them not touching the ai in CO 1.62 are irrelevant here..... If you look in the Captains AI log in the dev section you will see that in ARMA 3 there have been some improvements... SOME.... Again i repeat my previous statement, that during the dev of arma 3 TPW turn off LOS by default because of the changed made to the AI in the engine.(im just repeating what tpw had stated a long time ago).. BIS's system is not perfect and im sure that if you were to enable LOS in those above mentiond mods youll see a difference. I could be wrong ill hav to check but i do believe i have it enabled on my server and client . and as for how much performance it uses, negligible.. expecially if you use it correctly. Its only needed for close combat IE inside buildings.. So if you have it set to be active >50 meters your going to get a big performance hit if your in a mission like insurgency.. I have mine set at 50 meters and i honestly dont see any difference in perf. when its off or when its on in my missions .. for tpwcas and tpw_mods. again thats because it only kicks in for those few units that make it with in 50 meters of any playable units...

@Lordprimate, in summary:

Server: quad xeon @3.3 (8 threads total), 16 GB memory; provider: XLHOST

We usually keep 1-2 missions maintained, something like Patrol Ops or Incoming Mission but then customized to make use of the mods we have.

Being very careful about what's included in our mod set, everything is signed and distributed via SU or PWS from our custom repo.

Basically every player is running the same mods, server too, with the exception of a few allowed optional client mods like JSRS or STUI or the server-side stuff like iniDB or Arma2NET.

Running a lot of "in-house" addons, mission scripts and configs for third party mods and generally staying away from poorly configured or resource-hungry mods.

We have a small coop player base, 3-12 players (just the way I like it :)

What else... always make sure to throw in the Alive GC module, that helps a lot.

Don't use scripts that loop forever on a lot of objects, instead create a single loop to process all those objects (for example, when you want a vehicle respawn system).

There are lots of things to consider, many factors in play. For a very large player base, I imagine you'd have to be even more strict and careful about what you put on your server, really tough job.

Hey guys

We just got our Arma 3 server are we cant manage to get it working with ASR AI 3. When we activate the mod in the command line, the server is not showing up in the server list. It only does it for this mod.

The other mods we have installed on the server are CBA A3, Drifter's Fatigue Remover, Fixed Exaggerated Weapon Sway, jayarma3lib and ACRE.

EDIT: Apparently it decided to fix itself after 4 hours, so its working now.

From past experiences, under 40 fps AI gets stupid anyways (30-40 fps they're ok..ish, below that, no AI enhancement mod/script will ever help them).

If you can't have your PC or server maintain that kind of FPS you are not experiencing this game in it's full splendor.

LOL what? My games are always around 25-30fps. Guess I been missin out though it seems as if my AI are still using cover etc..

LOL what? My games are always around 25-30fps. Guess I been missin out though it seems as if my AI are still using cover etc..
And we can get good AI with mid +20s fps*, BUT when spawns or triggers happen at low FPS, thats where I see the IQ of the AI take abit to recover, or if the server doesnt recoup FPS from a spawn/ trigger/ event, then the AI not already engaged with players/aware can/will be dumb.

Decided to count the amount of AI on a current Incoming Mission, with 5 objectives, it was 93. Server was running in the mid 30s /35~37, I went in and started to engage AI the FPS went down to 30+, Sent in a UAV on S&D, well just about every AI saw it, and the FPS was in the mid-low 20s, but my currently engaged AI (freaking Specops) where doing the ASR_AI thang and just causing me all sorts of grief, doing CQB like players.... When the UAV left the game the FPS went back up to mid 30s. One thing that is helpfull is not to have "hive" mentality on the whole of the AI. Or not for a longtime.

When the AI count is "right" and the FPS is in the 40s, the AI are just wicked, in the 600m~ and under range. Snipers will shoot at you 800+. But under 400m~ to CQB range the AI are outstanding!

KK

Keep dreaming. BIS haven't touched AI since CO 1.62. Period.

Seba no need to dream... This is the ARMA 3 thread... not arma 2, so your argument about them not touching the ai in CO 1.62 are irrelevant here

It is because it is an A3 thread, that the fact that BIS haven't touched the AI since CO 1.62, is totally relevant here. The A3 iteraction of the engine uses the same AI that the CO 1.62 one. They didn't even teached the AI how to properly navigate the new animation trees. If you see the AI improved over CO 1.62, it is placebo effect all over the place.

Appreciate all efforts of this mod - have been reading trhough it - I do not have much scripting experience or know how when it comes to tweaking settings for mods - I am interested in using this one (SP).

Say I wanted a unit I place in the editor (a 4-man) team to be classified as a "Class Level 0" unit and another as a "class level 1" unit. How would I go about editing my userconfig to make it so???

Do I simply name the unit leader when I place the unit on the map?? Then input that name into my userconfig??

For example. Say I name my 4 man unit/squad Razor. What would I do to make them come up within the game as a "class level 0" unit rating?? (thanks for all help).

class level_0 { // super-AI (only used for testing)

aiming[] = {1.00, 0.00};

spotting[] = {1.00, 0.00};

general[] = {1.00, 0.00};

units[] = { // add class names to this to override their default (or inherited) skill set

};

};

class level_1 { // sf 1

aiming[] = {0.55, 0.20}; // skilltype = {<min value>, <random value added to min>};

spotting[] = {0.70, 0.20};

general[] = {0.80, 0.20};

units[] = {

};

tmp you could go into the editor and pull up the unit you want to make class 0. there will be a name in the upper right hand corner of the units editing ui. you take that classname and put it in the "//add class name to this to override their skillset" area. and so on and the same with class1

basically what ever unit you want to be in that class you put its name there...

@Lordprimate - Thank you for help -

Does that classname go like this

(example 1) units[CLASSNAME] = { // add class names to this to override their default (or inherited) skill set

Or

(example 2) units[] = { // CLASSNAME add class names to this to override their default (or inherited) skill set

Meaning does it going within the brackets after units [] or does it just go at end of the script string {//

Thanks very much!

units[] = {"C_man_p_beggar_F","C_man_p_fugitive_F"};

units[] = {"C_man_p_beggar_F","C_man_p_fugitive_F"};

Thank you (both).

So you don't need // (in there before)

{ // "B_mas_usn_Soldier_F", "B_mas_usn_Soldierm_F"};

Thank you (both).

So you don't need // (in there before)

{ // "B_mas_usn_Soldier_F", "B_mas_usn_Soldierm_F"};

// is for comment so the code above would completely break your settings because you'd have an opening curly bracket without a matching closing one.

Edited by Robalo

So how does the following look? (and two more questions. 1. How do I know for sure it is running?? I hit the "1" for debug, but didn't notice anything in particular and 2. with these class 0 units. Should I notice an extremely higher accuracy levels?)

class level_0 { // super-AI (only used for testing)

aiming[] = {1.00, 0.00};

spotting[] = {1.00, 0.00};

general[] = {1.00, 0.00};

units[] = {"B_mas_usn_Soldier_F", "B_mas_usn_Soldierm_F", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_F_v", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_F_wood", "B_mas_usn_Soldierm_F_v", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_F_d", "B_mas_usn_Soldierm_F_d", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_F_g", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_F_w", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_02_f", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_02_f_v", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_02_f_d", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_03_f", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_03_f_v", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_03_f_d", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_GL_F", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_GL_F_v", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_GL_F_d", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_GL_F_g", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_GL_F_w", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_JTAC_F", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_JTAC_F_v", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_JTAC_F_d", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_JTAC_F_g", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_JTAC_F_w", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_UAV_F", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_UAV_F_v", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_UAV_F_d", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_UAV_F_g", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_UAV_F_w", "B_mas_usn_soldier_AR_F", "B_mas_usn_soldier_AR_F_v", "B_mas_usn_soldier_AR_F_d", "B_mas_usn_soldier_AR_F_g", "B_mas_usn_soldier_AR_F_w", "B_mas_usn_soldier_MG_F", "B_mas_usn_soldier_MG_F_v", "B_mas_usn_soldier_MG_F_d", "B_mas_usn_soldier_MG_F_g", "B_mas_usn_soldier_MG_F_w", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_lite_F", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_lite_F_v", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_lite_F_d", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_lite_F_g", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_lite_F_w", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_off_F", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_off_F_v", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_off_F_d", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_off_F_g", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_off_F_w", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_SL_F", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_SL_F_v", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_SL_F_d", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_SL_F_g", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_SL_F_w", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_TL_F", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_TL_F_v", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_TL_F_d", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_TL_F_g", "B_mas_usn_Soldier_TL_F_w", "B_mas_usn_soldier_M_F", "B_mas_usn_soldier_M_F_v", "B_mas_usn_soldier_M_F_d", "B_mas_usn_soldier_M_F_g", "B_mas_usn_soldier_M_F_gn", "B_mas_usn_soldier_M_F_w", "B_mas_usn_soldier_Mh_F", "B_mas_usn_soldier_Mh_F_v", "B_mas_usn_soldier_Mh_F_d", "B_mas_usn_soldier_Mh_F_g", "B_mas_usn_soldier_Mh_F_gn", "B_mas_usn_soldier_Mh_F_w", "B_mas_usn_soldier_LAT_F", "B_mas_usn_soldier_LAT_F_v", "B_mas_usn_soldier_LAT_F_d", "B_mas_usn_soldier_LAT_F_w", "B_mas_usn_soldier_LAA_F", "B_mas_usn_soldier_LAA_F_v", "B_mas_usn_soldier_LAA_F_d", "B_mas_usn_soldier_LAA_F_w", "B_mas_usn_medic_F", "B_mas_usn_medic_F_v", "B_mas_usn_medic_F_d", "B_mas_usn_medic_F_g", "B_mas_usn_medic_F_w", "B_mas_usn_soldier_repair_F", "B_mas_usn_soldier_repair_F_v", "B_mas_usn_soldier_repair_F_d", "B_mas_usn_soldier_repair_F_w", "B_mas_usn_soldier_exb_F", "B_mas_usn_soldier_exb_F_v", "B_mas_usn_soldier_exb_F_d", "B_mas_usn_soldier_exb_F_g", "B_mas_usn_soldier_exb_F_w", "B_mas_usn_soldier_exp_F", "B_mas_usn_soldier_exp_F_v", "B_mas_usn_soldier_exp_F_d", "B_mas_usn_soldier_exp_F_g", "B_mas_usn_soldier_exp_F_w"

};

Ugh, no. The units[] class is there as an option but should not be abused like that, could slow down the unit initialization. Why the duplicates anyway ? If you really don't like the default/inherited skill levels, it's best to create a config addon and set asr_ai_level for each class as needed.

Also, there are many factors in place which contribute to accuracy, the userconfig is only one of them. But generally yes that's the idea. Set your in game skill options to max too if you really want to go that way.

Noticing. When I use this mod and the following INIT code on a given unit (who is a class 0)

this setskill ["aimingaccuracy", 1.0];

I'll get units with an "aimingacuracy" of 2.

Is this correct? Can a unit have a higher aimingaccuracy than 1.0 ??

I'll get units with an "aimingacuracy" of 2.

Yes, range is set in cfgAISkill:

aimingAccuracy[] = {0, 0, 0.8, 0.7, 1, 2};

..aand if I had to draw that:

a5KSYWM.png

Edited by Robalo

@Robalo - Thanks for all your work and explanations!

I will say units that seem to have an above 1.0 aiming accuracy will not engage targets. When I use ASR and also INIT code for a solider to be aimaccuracy of 1.0. It will show up as 2.0 (correctly). But that unit will not fire on targets. If I deactivate ASR and just use the aimingaccuracy INIT code to 1.0. Unit shows up with 1.0 aimmingaccuracy skill. And unit immediately will engage targets dropping them within 1-3 shots.

@Robalo - Thanks for all your work and explanations!

I will say units that seem to have an above 1.0 aiming accuracy will not engage targets. When I use ASR and also INIT code for a solider to be aimaccuracy of 1.0. It will show up as 2.0 (correctly). But that unit will not fire on targets. If I deactivate ASR and just use the aimingaccuracy INIT code to 1.0. Unit shows up with 1.0 aimmingaccuracy skill. And unit immediately will engage targets dropping them within 1-3 shots.

That might be an interesting find. I'll have to see if I can reproduce it and correct as needed.

Thanks!

Hi, if an AI AT guy is killed, will the rest of the squad try to acquire the dropped launcher with this mod?

Hi, if an AI AT guy is killed, will the rest of the squad try to acquire the dropped launcher with this mod?

Nope. Rearming is not implemented.

Nope. Rearming is not implemented.

Right, not yet.

Are all settings within sysAISKill scope ignored if enabled is set to 0 or does it only affect the setting of the AI skill values? In other words would dynamic view distance and wounding coefficient (etc.) still apply when enabled is 0 ?

Edited by Wolfenswan