Sign in to follow this  
sparks50

Kingdom Come: a realistic RPG by the former creators of Mafia and Arma

So apparently this project's moving into a pre-alpha release on the 22nd, so quite soon. Apparently there's no combat implemented as of yet, but that's kind of to be expected with pre-alpha. They also have a trailer up:

Some articles:

PCG

RPS

Eurogamer

Who knows, maybe this'll turn out to be another successful franchise (which we'll eventually get to subject to accusations of dumbing down, as the internet is wont to do). I really need to get around to making a M&B2 thread here, as well.

Be sure to watch this

I like how the Dev gets trashed by the AI :)

Yep, a great looking game, look forward to it developing more through the coming months. Will be playing, for sure.

Cant wait to try the early alpha. :) Mafia 1 is my all time favorite game (with OFP). Cant wait to see how amazing cinematic storytelling this title will have even the genre is different. If that trailer type cinema is also in the final game with the combat system and well made quests, I would be suprised if it wouldnt be absolute masterpiece again. Hats off to Vavra.

Wow how did i miss this thread, lol this is awesome!

So being a sandbox game, idk if this was mentioned yet but would this mean mean it is moddable?

idk if this was mentioned yet but would this mean mean it is moddable?

Current page ... top post ;)

Ya see BI, girls ARE allowed in the CGI render room :rolleyes:

Man can't wait for that combat. Still play Warband MP almost daily just to get my melee fix -bring on the new!

Seems the pre alpha is for those that were involved in the kickstarter. I hope i will be able to pre command the game ASAP.

the pre alpha will only have that little village though. You will be able to walk around, do some small quests and observe how the people live their daily life. Combat will arrive (much) later.

Be sure to watch this

I like how the Dev gets trashed by the AI :)

That remembers me the devs livecam of the first episode of A3, when matt was killed about 50 times in one mission.

Seems the pre alpha is for those that were involved in the kickstarter. I hope i will be able to pre command the game ASAP.

As far as I remember, you can still pledge $40-ish on their site and get involved with the pre-Alpha.

New video update. And they have a sense for humour. And a hot QA girl :p

The motion capture setup is awesome.

I like his honesty and how he is openly sharing the internal problems and challenges.

I like his honesty and how he is openly sharing the internal problems and challenges.

Me as well though this will only last until the wildly successful zombie mod is released leaving the medieval theme in it's wake -then all will go black.............;)

Me as well though this will only last until the wildly successful zombie mod is released leaving the medieval theme in it's wake -then all will go black.............;)

Lol :D

Wait a second...Medieval weapons and armor+Zombies? That could actually be fun.

One thing I can't stand in medieval rpgs or games in general are how they make the towns&villages or how the devs are so devoid of any creativity in secondary quests(or even main one) and instead they make 1000 fetch quests.

I can't wait to see KC towns,I'm replaying Oblivion&Skyrim and the so-called towns are a huge laughing joke,their definition of a big town is 6-8 houses,3 shops and 30 npcs,or Beth epic 5-man armies.

I try the suspension of disbelief route but I always end up with "wtf is this crap".Even Gothic games had better design.

That's why I respect Daniel Vavra so much,I think I even read one of his older blog posts about these same issues.Not to mention he isn't afraid to bring to light how much bullshit this gaming industry is or how pathetic the mainstream review sites are.

One thing I can't stand in medieval rpgs or games in general are how they make the towns&villages or how the devs are so devoid of any creativity in secondary quests(or even main one) and instead they make 1000 fetch quests.

Yeah that's exactly what i thought too.

Gothic is still very present in my memory because of the excellent world design, the feeling and the love to detail is what makes the difference.

OMG yes. Im also replaying quite heavily modded Skyrim and while there are some good quests, most of them is just "could you deliver this sword across the map for 25 gold". Or "clear whole dungeon of bandits to get the most lame enchanted iron axe".

Most ridiculous one is when you do the Thieves Guild quest for Maven Black-Briar who is supposed to be one of the wealthiest and most influential people in whole Tamriel and she rewards you with a shitty random enchanted dagger! Which only turns into another quest "travel to merchant to sell that shit".

an interesting talk Dan Vávra gave at the Nordic eCommerce Summit.

an interesting talk Dan Vávra gave at the Nordic eCommerce Summit.

"We pissed against the wind, and it worked" - Dan Vávra

I really like this guy.

"We pissed against the wind, and it worked" - Dan Vávra

I really like this guy.

Indeed, a little fresh air (...) in the gaming industry.

Does anyone know if the game will contain historical fencing techniques like

?

Does anyone know if the game will contain historical fencing techniques like
?

No idea, but swords will not be very effective against steel armor. If you want to take down a fully armored knight you better bring a mace.