Sign in to follow this  
sparks50

Kingdom Come: a realistic RPG by the former creators of Mafia and Arma

The impact of a morning star on an armored knight?Priceless!(had too much M&B again)

The alchemy vid is awesome,when you think that in Skyrim you had to eat all the ingredients to find out their properties,I should have been long dead by now.:p

The impact of a morning star on an armored knight?Priceless!(had too much M&B again)

The alchemy vid is awesome,when you think that in Skyrim you had to eat all the ingredients to find out their properties,I should have been long dead by now.:p

Pssh, great hammers are the only true way to bring down armoured opponents.

On topic, I'm interested to see how alchemy works (that is to say whether each ingredient contributes some effect or if it's an all-or-nothing deal where the recipe has to be just right or it fails). Looks nice so far.

That's obviously my kind of game :)

It's obviously everyone's kind of games :D

Yeah, that was really weird in Skyrim. "OK, lets eat all these potentially deadly and disgusting things. Jep, that one was definately poisonous"

Good ways to do it in a game:

Allow the character only to pick the things he has learned about in books.

Allow the chracter to pick everything but he has to learn about the plant and what it does in a book before he can use it or he can take it to an alchemist who will tell him all about it (for a fee).

I´m curious how they will design the plant collecting.

Pssh, great hammers are the only true way to bring down armoured opponents.

armor piercing arrows

either way love the gameplay and everything. if only my paypal would work i would be playing the techdemo non stop just to see every single leaf in the trees up close

armor piercing arrows

either way love the gameplay and everything. if only my paypal would work i would be playing the techdemo non stop just to see every single leaf in the trees up close

Well, I was making a facetious M&B reference there, but yeah, bodkins.

Anyway, the game looks nice, but I'd like to see the combat system before I decide on anything.

What they have shown of the combat system looks solid. For me it isn´t really the main thing. If they manage to make this open medieval world trully immersive, and if they have a good storyline on top of that, then I´m sold no matter the combat system.

Quite cool. I really like the ingame map BTW. And the forest looks amazing, just like if you stepped into a real one, so natural.

I think, it's the most forestish forest I saw so far in games.

I can feel cool morning breeze and the smell of the forest.

Looking back to the first year after successful Kickstarter campaign of Kingdom Come: Deliverance!

This video takes a look into the history, as Warhorse Studios founders – Daniel Vavra and Martin Klima – discuss the most important moments before launching the Kickstarter project. In the end, the studio is toured to unveil some plans for the months that lay ahead.

Did someone here try the Alpha ?

Yep, have had it for a while.

Now Im a gameplay fan more than an RPG fan so I came mostly for the swordplay -which in all honesty the jury is still out on. Clearly they put a  LOT of effort into the animations of battle but even with the apparent 'thousands of mocap per weapon' -it feels a little more like your control a robot than actually in it. It also feels like they mo-capped fencers only so its a bit weird to have every battle play out like a fencing match with little brawn. Hopefully this changes with the introduction of different weapons such as halberds, pikes etc. They opted out of directional block -the Gold Standard of Warband -which is still thrilling all these years later in favor of a simple block button but there is some skill in the timing and sort of a stance matching mechanic. In short, some promise but not yet having that 'hook'.

As far as the rest of the demo, the village, nature and NPCS are very,very well done. I dont play RPG's, but this is one where when you break a treeline leading into deeper woods, it really feels like you are going into the woods. Whats down by that creek! Unmatched in this element. The npcs and their little dramas are well done and look forward to exploring this more plus I swear I hear the guy from Arma2 voicing...well...everybody

Nice touch bis! I look forward to giving this a go today.

7pSbkzG.jpg

• Like 2

On 16.12.2014 at 5:48 PM, opteryx said:

Does anyone know if the game will contain historical fencing techniques like

?

The main question is...can you unscrew the pommel to end an opponent rightly? Even as an amateur HEMA fencer i could only laught about swordplay in all games so far.

:D
If you follow Skall's channel you'll know they actually implemented that move in For Honor.

This is a very good game, pretty buggy but I kinda expected it. I think in 3-4 months of patching this will be indeed a gem. I noticed if I want a good rpg these days only devs from Eastern Europe can provide it, they're the ones that understand that an rpg is not a game that you can modify some stats and call it a day.

Still the save system is problematic and you could find game breaking bugs so my advice is not to jump in otherwise you will ruin your experience. Park it somewhere on your drive and return in 3 months.

• Like 1