Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

Campaign Episode 2: ADAPT - Feedback thread ** SPOILER WARNING! **

The only issues I've had, is the helicopter ambush for the AAF guy, it always hits a turbine, and the NATO pilot wore a Tank crew helmet instead of pilot one, but otherwise I loved all BUT the cliff hanger. Such amazing plot twist <3

Fwaa that was a cracking good plot twist. Dirty great cliffhanger though. I would have appreciated even a few sentences more plot exposition on the helicopter ride out for example.

Sorry, I thought this thread was spoiler friendly! My bad.

Edited by Doln

the episode has a serious memory leak issue. i died several times on the first mission and each time i reloaded, the game got worse and worse until it was playing at 5 fps. i restarted the game at that point.

This. :exclamation:

Overall the story seems interesting. Strike Back anyone?

*SNIP*

*EDIT* Thanks for editing.

Edited by Jinzor

The scouting Vet Clinic task can be completed by gathering any 3 FAKs without even going near the place. I grabbed a few from a CSAT supply crate at a checkpoint I cleared and the task was completed even though I hadn't even had it assigned yet.

Will be fixed today.

The original condition was

1+ Medikit or 7+ First aid kits

Do we get any new content besides the Campaign Missions? Like the new Marksman Rifle & Pistols when SURVIVE came out? Theres' nothing in the changelog, obviously.

The episode 2 content was released early for Xmas. More content, such as the jets, is coming with episode 3 :)

The episode 2 content was released early for Xmas. More content, such as the jets, is coming with episode 3 :)

Good Stuff, thanks DnA.

Quick question for anyone out-there: If I miss a task before going to the main briefing, can I go back and do that task at a later time in the game or does the orange circle with the "X" in it mean that I missed it?

Quick question for anyone out-there: If I miss a task before going to the main briefing, can I go back and do that task at a later time in the game or does the orange circle with the "X" in it mean that I missed it?

It's active until you complete it or move to another base.

The marker type - the "X" or "?" depend of whether you know the precise location or only the general area.

The marker color is brown and when it's done, it turns black.

Come on, i don't see the point in revealing the amount of missions in this second part...i'm very disappointed to have clicked on your spoilers :mad:

You're not alone thank you Wiki for to have ruined an appreciated surprise

It's active until you complete it or move to another base.

The marker type - the "X" or "?" depend of whether you know the precise location or only the general area.

The marker color is brown and when it's done, it turns black.

Thanks..... I'm colorblind.... I thought it was orange :cool:

I tried to go to one of the task's and after I do the 5 minute weapons load-out, the game tells me that I'm now going to the task.... then I go back to the main "Campaign" screen where it says "The East Wind" with Survive and Adapt underneath it. It "crashes" back to the main screen on the side tasks. Any suggestions?

Edit: I was running the game with a few mods, so I thought that might have been the problem. I then ran the game in "Vanilla" and it still keeps defaulting back to the main "Campaign" screen.

Edited by rehtus777

I like the idea of the side missions but if you take the gear from some of the targets you do not get to keep it. Eg Sniper rifles, GPS, Rangefinders, etc

Also if you select a loadout it keeps getting changed when you start the mission

Yeah i found nice camo and hat in scout mission in Adapt and it got lost also. Maybe we need store it somewhere like boxes at rearming point to be preserved and saved between missions? I need to try this.

Only weapons, magazines and attachments are now being saved, but there are plans to save everything that player scavenged.

Only weapons, magazines and attachments are now being saved, but there are plans to save everything that player scavenged.

Is this going to be in time for the "release"?

Also if you took a quad from a side mission are you going to be allowed to keep that as well?

Thanks for the release guys, enjoying it so far.

Main feedback:

Armory and Equipment selection: Currently I feel as in first episode, too much of a ballache. Searching through crates to find things, with your loadout often being reset at mission start. I feel a far more elegant solution would be some sort of gear select screen on mission start, much like you could customise your's and your squad's loadout in OFP:Resistance at mission start. To eliminate player error on select(i.e take no charges when mission calls for them, could have a default loadout, with hints STRONGLY suggesting player takes equipment X or Y.)

Helicopter Ambush: *****SMALL SPOILER******

Helicopter seems to fly into turbine blades more often than not, did repeated saves to check this wasn't a one off occurance.

**** END SPOILER ****

Patrol and Associated Side Objectives:

More needs to be done to communicate to the player that one needs to go "scouting" to fulfil the side objectives marked in orange on the map. I was running round the camp trying to find ways to "start" these missions. Additionally, seems odd that the player can only go scouting "solo" as far as I know, especially when one is going to attempt to take on objectives. Would feel more coherent to me if one had the option to take a small team (maybe a 4 man fireteam) with you.

I'm on my third mission and already my enjoyment is being destroyed by the AI. Trying to set up an ambush on the convoy, and one of my guys is standing frozen in the middle of the road and won't move. I'm pretty sure it's because there's an explosive on the road. Also the repair guy gets stuck every time he repairs something.

I also don't have any rifle ammunition because the mission started while I was selecting gear in the armoury. Is the arbitrary "Mission will start in 5 minutes" thing really necessary? This could have been helped by having a rifle of some kind in the Offroad inventory. Even a barebones one with a single mag.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Is this going to be in time for the "release"?

Also if you took a quad from a side mission are you going to be allowed to keep that as well?

I'm afraid the first answer is no - we now have to focus on fixes, not new features.

The vehicles should also be saved, but there are some vital questions that haven't been answered yet:

- should all vehicles be saved? If yes, where to place them (most likely not, the base is not a car park :) )? If no, how to decide, which should be saved and which not?

- some cars have random texture (and offroads have random number of doors and rear mirrors). How to make it consistent across mission? If it's even possible.

- saving the car status - fuel, damage, cargo - should we give every enter-able vehicle an identity? If it gets immobilized somewhere, should it stay saved or should it be deleted after you return to base?

- how to make sure there will always be some vehicle near the base, so player won't have to walk few km on his own to get any and it won't look too artificial?

Ah yes I too had an issue with the convoy ambush mission. The lead ifrit would always see the explosive charge and then all the vehicles would start the 'Arma driving AI tango' and just start driving up the surrounding hills and doing circles and the like.

Maybe I shouldn't have put it smack in the centre of the road.

The vehicles should also be saved, but there are some vital questions that haven't been answered yet:

- should all vehicles be saved? If yes, where to place them (most likely not, the base is not a car park :) )? If no, how to decide, which should be saved and which not?

- some cars have random texture (and offroads have random number of doors and rear mirrors). How to make it consistent across mission? If it's even possible.

- saving the car status - fuel, damage, cargo - should we give every enter-able vehicle an identity? If it gets immobilized somewhere, should it stay saved or should it be deleted after you return to base?

- how to make sure there will always be some vehicle near the base, so player won't have to walk few km on his own to get any and it won't look too artificial?

Me personally Id say yes to all that. It gives the campaign more persistence and feels like the world is a part of the players progress. It gives vehicles more meaning really, so that players take care of their wheels.

Any chance to test out Adapt without having to play through Survive again? I really can't be bothered right now...

I'm afraid the first answer is no - we now have to focus on fixes, not new features.

Yes to all, if possible. Though I understand that's not very practical, so:.

-Maybe you should limit to the latest 3 vehicles used, near the base, or if not the player could accumulate dozens of them over time.

-I don't care if some light details like a texture or number of rear mirrors change between missions. Losing a vehicle between mission is worse.

-Yeah, save the car status. If possible, also save the immobilized ones, increases the immersion if you go over there again and maybe if you find a repair truck you can recover it.

-put a vehicle car park near base, doh.

Been having a bloody hard time with the new campagin compared to the first one and previous Arma campagins. Did you guys do anything to change the amount of damage the CSAT and AAF could take? As im having a stupidily hard time killing one rifleman yet they are making swiss cheese out of me. Ive actually had it where ive gone through a full 30 round magazine at a distance of less than 50m from the CSAT 6.5mm rifle and just watched as survived to then in turn fire one burst kill me. then ive been struggling to hit the broadside of a barn at 100 meters while they are scoring headshots on me from 300m+ while ives dropped the enemy skill down from 60 to 20.

For the record when i fire, I'm always prone (because its the only way i can score a hit, standing and crouching never hit for me in this campagin. I'm not breathing heavily to stay that im exhusted.

I had none of these issues with the Survive Campaign either

Any chance to test out Adapt without having to play through Survive again? I really can't be bothered right now...

Yeah - if you read page one ;)

the episode has a serious memory leak issue. i died several times on the first mission and each time i reloaded, the game got worse and worse until it was playing at 5 fps. i restarted the game at that point.

Totally Agree , also the sound is sooo quiet that even Zamak truck was like silent truck made by CSAT ...

Edited by RobertHammer