CyclonicTuna

What's the story behind your username and avatar?

Katipo is a MÄori name and means night-stinger, it's a native spider in NZ from the same family as black widow or redback across the ditch in Aussie, these spiders eat the male species straight after copulating, might be some lessons there, part of our entertainment as kids was catching things outside, spiders was a favourite, along with grasshoppers and bumble bees and sometimes Wetas. 66 is the year I was born so I'm grumpy old bugger :P and this is the first and pretty much only forum ive been a part off :)

Edited by Katipo66

My nick is guziczek101 and i was watching a cartoon "Przygody Kuby Guzika" (Jim Button) guziczek is a diminutive of button in polish, numbers are from polish serial "Czterej pancerni i pies" (Four Tank Men and a Dog) this film is from 1966 and it's full of soviet propaganda but in Poland there is no person who does not know this series. :) This nickname I use a few good years, mainly to play with friends on net, in total do not know what I followed.

Playing RTCW and Wolfenstein: ET, after many complains, kicks, griefing and bans on some servers because of cheating accusations (never used) I kept changing nicks (usually silly ones) and people started to call me smurf and now we are here. :)

The avatar is easy...

I never watched a single episode of "The Smurfs", nor the movies.

You don't know what you was missing ;)

The comic strip by Peyo is nice.

My name is both homage to Shakespeare, as well as a bit of a lyric in a song on He Is Legend's first full album.

When I created it, back when I was playing Neverwinter Nights regularly in roughly 03-04, a play on it's latin translations fit in perfect with my character. There are a ridiculous amount of translations that could apply to the word "capulus", but most revolve around the sword and coffin. (Likely how Shakespeare came up with the name)

My avatar is simply a very early shot of Clint Eastwood in one of his Italian westerns. Because, let's face it, Clint Eastwood kicks ass.

My brothers name is Jared. He got the name Jrod from his friends. My name is Jake and they started calling me Jakerod. I used a lot of names back in the late 90s early 00s but this is the one I started using in OFP and on here which is the only forum in which I am really active. I tend to use it for every game now though on the off chance I meet someone from here. Similar to MadDog though, I wish I had picked a better one.

My avatar is simply a very early shot of Clint Eastwood in one of his Italian westerns. Because, let's face it, Clint Eastwood kicks ass.

Can't disagree on that one :P

Great thread idea!!

My nick is from way back playing in a Canadian clan for a UT99 mod called StrikeForce. Reggie Savage was a hockey player I used to use all the time on NHL 94 for Sega (lol), so merging the two gave SavageCDN :p

Avatar is simply our group's logo - usually I have angry Bert as my avatar.

Username is my usual, I'm using it nearly everywhere on the web, if is not taken by some ugly usurper. I just invented it when I needed some new nickname, and I used to it through all this years. It comes from some old Polish legend, where appears Alemanni (Germanic) prince called Rydygier (or Rytygier). Avatar is explained here. Was chosen, because these things are fascinating.

I was like... 12, and am kinda stuck with it now. This also explains the alternating caps.

I rarely use it elsewhere (KSP forums, where i never post). Most other games i just smash my keyboard if a need a username.

I was like... 12, and am kinda stuck with it now. This also explains the alternating caps.

I rarely use it elsewhere (KSP forums, where i never post). Most other games i just smash my keyboard if a need a username.

LOL. Props for honesty. :)

I rarely use it elsewhere

Exactly the same here except for the alternating caps. :p

Avatar is just some playful fun on the "CROWS all the things".

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Would be nice if some of the Dev's chimed in with their stories? :bounce3:

Would be nice if some of the Dev's chimed in with their stories? :bounce3:

I would love that :D!

Comp_uter15776 originates from a fun time back in the young old days when I played Runescape. Yes, I know, but I was only like 12 okay?! The first thing that popped into my head was "ah! a computer!" so I spiced it up with some variation and bam; "comp_uter1". However, I eventually decided to make a new account but bring back my name. Of course, you can't duplicate names, so I randomly hit numbers after the _uter1. Guess what came out? 15776.

It's lasted to this date :)

I started using mine when I was 10 years old and played Delta Force: Black Hawk Down. I had a chub for the 75th Ranger Regiment troops in that game, so I named myself Ranger. When I moved to the USA, I added the PL to my name to indicate my nationality so that I could find other Polish players to converse with, as I did not speak a word of English.

I've kept the PL part since then, just to be distinct from all the other Rangers running around on the internet.

I kinda regret not having chosen a more original name, but now I have so many accounts and profiles associated with this identity that it's not worth changing IMO. Plus I'm not all that creative.

My avatar is from this:

mV4127n.jpg

My brothers name is Jared. He got the name Jrod from his friends. My name is Jake and they started calling me Jakerod. I used a lot of names back in the late 90s early 00s but this is the one I started using in OFP and on here which is the only forum in which I am really active. I tend to use it for every game now though on the off chance I meet someone from here. Similar to MadDog though, I wish I had picked a better one.

Look at the bright side, at least you're not A-Rod.

Don't remember quite well... I think it was by pressing random in the world of warcraft character creation thing

@RangerPL lol my sisters dog does that when she gets home to him-she says he's smiling - its a springer spanel :)

Back a long time ago when registering for my first e-mail (Hotmail), I wanted something without a number behind it. I also liked goblins, so it became Gobbas and has stuck with me since then.

Got my username from a buddy and game. After I got back from deployment I went to sniper school and when I rejoined my unit a good friend of mine had just got done playing Call Of Duty Ghosts. Supposedly one of the characters, Keegan, is a Marine Corps Scout Sniper. Me being a Marine and sniper he gave me the nickname after the character. Part of the reason was due to the fact that there were four guys in my platoon who had the same last name as me and I was tired of my previous nickname. When I was in Helmand my squad painted skulls on their FROG skin (Basically a fireproof tan balaclava) for night ops. Sadly I never got to wear it too much and it scared a lot of kids which sucked. (I should add that I never deployed as a sniper. On my three tours I deployed only as a designated marksman.) Not the coolest story/reason and to be honest I thought it was lame at first. Avatar is me in Helmand just right outside Marjah in 2011.