Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

seems like technicals are destroied with silent sound amd effect, can't see explosion when techniclas are dead

One thing, that seems keep bothering me through consecutive Blastcore versions is strangely (comparing to the beauty of the rest) ugly bonfire/fireplace particles, as someone noted. It's that way because fireplaces uses same particle effect like burning wreck or something?

y9g3y6ysc52q.jpg

I mean, flame by itself is fine, but it looks, like ground around the fireplace is burning, like puddle of spilled flammable fluid. And too wide and to big for amount of fuel used. I think, we all saw bonfire and know, how hypnotising and beautiful such "pyrolysis of wood" can be. Why not make it such?

Edited by Rydygier

One thing, that seems keep bothering me through consecutive Blastcore versions is strangely (comparing to the beauty of the rest) ugly bonfire/fireplace particles, as someone noted. It's that way because fireplaces uses same particle effect like burning wreck or something?

I mean, flame by itself is fine, but it looks, like ground around the fireplace is burning, like puddle of spilled flammable fluid. And too wide and to big for amount of fuel used. I think, we all saw bonfire and know, how hypnotising and beautiful such "pyrolysis of wood" can be. Why not make it such?

Yeah, strangely it's been like this in all blastcore iterations, as far as I can recall, all fireplaces, campfires and burning barrels are affected by this.

Maybe there's no easy way to work around this?

Cheers

http://pics.tinypic.pl/i/00620/y9g3y6ysc52q.jpg

Yep, I posted that earlier and was hoping for a reply from opticalsnare. Really hope there is a way to make it look better.

Just have to commend you on an absolute masterpiece here OpticalSnare. It's like playing Arma 3.5 with your effects pack. 1000 internets to you, kind sir.

Just have to commend you on an absolute masterpiece here OpticalSnare. It's like playing Arma 3.5 with your effects pack. 1000 internets to you, kind sir.

+1

@OS: Played a few Hetman War stories missions with this and it is generally brilliant. I do agree about campfires, though.

Thank you very much for your continuing development of this mod. I'm sure the relatively minor issues will be resolved in time.

Does anyone know why explosions become invisible when there are a few of them happening at a time? I guess it has something to do with a particle limit. Is it possible to turn it off and does it happen with vanilla?

You can't turn off particles limit (that's the cause most probably), only set it in video options. Same is for vanilla, but of course one explosion may use more particles than other. Actual numbers here.

ABOUT THE FIRE PLACE AND GENERAL FIRE EFFECTS......

I have been playing alot with Grouplink 5 effects for the past few months, and I have taken what i have learned from GL5 and appled it to one of the particle effects of Blastcore. I have sent my config values to OpticalSnare for possible inclusion into the mod. Take a look at the following short video i made showcasing the adjusted particle parameters. My goal, "presented in the private messate" is simply to be of service, helping to fine tune the particle effects. Testing these effects is tedious and time consuming , so I figured, based on what I know, I can help OS, fine tune some things.

a few minor tweaks and the fire dances around, it really comes to life. These settings can be extrapolated on to the larger fire effects to create a more life like and immersive experience.

Reemmber i posed this a while ago I also PM'd OS about the fire config values. He has my adjusted values and as you can see in the video (which i can record a better quality one now) the fire looks much more natural. Hopefully he will implement my adjusted values.

Its proberly using all the same effect, when i get finished with the main effects il work on the more smaller stuff. Just been working on some explosions for vehicles trying to make them more random and less demanding, also working on smoke grenades and vehicle countermeasures for sep addon, new lighting for explosions is getting there still abit iffy but its working sort of.

Hi OS,

Is there any possibility to convert Blastcore in a modular mod?.

I mean, give the possibility to deactivate/activate some effects via module, userconfig, etc. For example deactivate smoke grenades, particles or Explosion independently.

Greetings.

Hey everyone. Just wanted to say that I just saw the war movie "Fury", and if you're a fan of WarFX you guys should definetly check that movie out. Not only is it a pretty amazing WWII tale of heroism and the horrors of war and just really good acting, but the effects in the movie look amazing aswell, and kind of reminded me of Opticalsnare's amazing mod.

That's all :)

Why is the armaholic download only some damn page.htm instead of the mod file?

Edited by pils

smart edit

The download usually works when you click on it again after it reloads. If you have further problems, please contact Foxhound directly or report the broken downloadlink via Armaholic, as this thread is not about this site but Opticalsnare's mod :)

I have "black square" artifacts usually when there are more than one explosion on screen at a time. Every version of BlastCore has produced this. This mod is really beautiful and adds a lot to the game but is there any way to get rid of this nasty side effect? Could it have caused other visual problems im now experiencing with every game on my PC?

I have "black square" artifacts usually when there are more than one explosion on screen at a time. Every version of BlastCore has produced this. This mod is really beautiful and adds a lot to the game but is there any way to get rid of this nasty side effect? Could it have caused other visual problems im now experiencing with every game on my PC?

If all games are producing odd artifacts then it sounds like a hardware/driver issue. It certainly wouldn't be because of an ArmA mod. I'd start with uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics driver, but if this started happening out of the blue it could be that your graphics card is overheating and/or on it's death bed.

I've tried to use this mod on multiple different computers, and multiple different versions of it and even this new one is not working for me. I know i didn't do anything obviously wrong, all my other mods work EXCEPT this one, can someone please tell me that there is just one little trick or something silly that i keep missing, like i need to rename it specially or something, i would REALLY love to use this awesome visual effect... but i can't make it work HAAALP :[

I've tried to use this mod on multiple different computers, and multiple different versions of it and even this new one is not working for me. I know i didn't do anything obviously wrong, all my other mods work EXCEPT this one, can someone please tell me that there is just one little trick or something silly that i keep missing, like i need to rename it specially or something, i would REALLY love to use this awesome visual effect... but i can't make it work HAAALP :[

The only thing that comes to mind on post #1: "Also make sure you have set the particles to high in the options menu. And are running the latest CBA build"

If all games are producing odd artifacts then it sounds like a hardware/driver issue. It certainly wouldn't be because of an ArmA mod. I'd start with uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics driver, but if this started happening out of the blue it could be that your graphics card is overheating and/or on it's death bed.

All games do have the same weird effect but its not the same artifacts from BlastCore. It did just start out of the blue when every game looked fine before. Now, there are "lines" moving back and forth on some objects, especially on the corners. The edges of building roofs, windows, weapons, character models, vehicles, ect, seem like they are moving- looks like lines all moving in one direction then going back the opposite direction. The effect on some fences and metal buildings in Arma is especially noticeable. Even the laser pointer on night missions has this effect- the edges "slide" back and forth.

It never did this anytime before so I thought that maybe the BlastCore artifact-causing effect had contributed to the problem being created. It usually only seems to occur when moving.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try reinstalling drivers but nothing else I have tried has helped. This has been driving me insane. Ive only had this PC a couple months so my graphics card screwing up would be maddening.

All games do have the same weird effect but its not the same artifacts from BlastCore. It did just start out of the blue when every game looked fine before. Now, there are "lines" moving back and forth on some objects, especially on the corners. The edges of building roofs, windows, weapons, character models, vehicles, ect, seem like they are moving- looks like lines all moving in one direction then going back the opposite direction. The effect on some fences and metal buildings in Arma is especially noticeable. Even the laser pointer on night missions has this effect- the edges "slide" back and forth.

It never did this anytime before so I thought that maybe the BlastCore artifact-causing effect had contributed to the problem being created. It usually only seems to occur when moving.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try reinstalling drivers but nothing else I have tried has helped. This has been driving me insane. Ive only had this PC a couple months so my graphics card screwing up would be maddening.

Oh, on the edges? Sounds like aliasing.

Go to your main menu->configure->video->AA & PP tab

Is "FSAA" set to "Disabled"? If so set it to 2X (or higher) and see if what you are seeing is reduced.

Feel free to take it to PM if necessary since this is a bit off-topic.

The only thing that comes to mind on post #1: "Also make sure you have set the particles to high in the options menu. And are running the latest CBA build"

Thanks for the reply!

Those are all taken care of, but the problem is before that, the game doesn't properly register the mod.

When game is launched it just has it as @Blastcore-A3-Phoenix in the addons section unlike the other that it recognizes :/