Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Also I notice that stars in some maps are huge. I will try to disable other mods so I can be 100% sure that blastcore is the reason for this strange behavior.

Its in the download! o.O

Look in the addons folder!

Some of us server managers don't want the whole mod and just need the bikey to allow our players to join with the new Blastcore.

Just curious. Although I can't confirm it's this mod has anyone else experienced this?

Getting a drop in fps after a while myself.

Some of us server managers don't want the whole mod and just need the bikey to allow our players to join with the new Blastcore.

Set up an FTP server to your Arma server folder, then just drop the keys in from your PC via Filezilla. Works perfect on my slice of the server. With the added benefit of not having to muck around through remote desktop connection lag to browse to and download it.

I will second your request for separate keys though. So much more convenient.

are you people blind or just bitching around about keys ?

both server keys are in the "@Blastcore-A3-Phoenix\Addons\WARFXPE.bikey"

and "@Blastcore-Tracers\Addons\BlastcoreTracers.bikey" folder

so what is the problem ?

just copy this two files to the server key folder !

BTW well done Opticalsnare

Edited by maquez

Guys,

Regarding the drop in FPS after a while,could you give some specifics?

Multiplayer? SP?

Have many veihicles previously been destroyed?

How long is "after a while" roughly,hours,an hour?

and lastly how many frames avg are dropping?

cheers

Guys,

Regarding the drop in FPS after a while,could you give some specifics?

Multiplayer? SP?

Have many veihicles previously been destroyed?

How long is "after a while" roughly,hours,an hour?

and lastly how many frames avg are dropping?

cheers

Hey...I'll do my best.

OK I'm playing multiplayer on my own dedicated server running my own mission with up to 4 other guys. It's always played well in the past. But it is a work in progress!

Vehicles killed.....sometimes none and up to as many as 20 - 30.

It doesn't happen at any specific time and I haven't noticed anything that's the "trigger". Once it happened less than an hour (at this point we're only using small arms, grenades and maybe an anti infantry RPG, nothing bigger) into game play and another time we were several hours. It only happened a few times before I pulled the mod.

FPS...typically in the larger urban areas I'm getting 20 -25 FPS but out in the baron areas I'm seeing 45 - 60 FPS. At the time of the issue when I was sitting still I was getting (at the main airport) 38 - 50 FPS. With out moving from that spot and just turning left or right my FPS was down to 5 - 6 FPS. If i just moved straight forward it was around 15 FPS.

So far me and one other have had similar issues out of the 5 of us. I haven't had a problem since I took the mod out and the same with the second guy. Could be a conflict with another mod (we use massi's weapon, units and vehicle packs as well as other mods).

Hope this helps explain a little better....I'll help anyway I can. It is an awesome mod!

Edit: Also we are running the mod clientside only if that helps!

Hey...I'll do my best.

OK I'm playing multiplayer on my own dedicated server running my own mission with up to 4 other guys. It's always played well in the past. But it is a work in progress!

Vehicles killed.....sometimes none and up to as many as 20 - 30.

It doesn't happen at any specific time and I haven't noticed anything that's the "trigger". Once it happened less than an hour (at this point we're only using small arms, grenades and maybe an anti infantry RPG, nothing bigger) into game play and another time we were several hours. It only happened a few times before I pulled the mod.

FPS...typically in the larger urban areas I'm getting 20 -25 FPS but out in the baron areas I'm seeing 45 - 60 FPS. At the time of the issue when I was sitting still I was getting (at the main airport) 38 - 50 FPS. With out moving from that spot and just turning left or right my FPS was down to 5 - 6 FPS. If i just moved straight forward it was around 15 FPS.

So far me and one other have had similar issues out of the 5 of us. I haven't had a problem since I took the mod out and the same with the second guy. Could be a conflict with another mod (we use massi's weapon, units and vehicle packs as well as other mods).

Hope this helps explain a little better....I'll help anyway I can. It is an awesome mod!

Edit: Also we are running the mod clientside only if that helps!

Chhers man,

im using Massis stuff also,dont notice a drop,and quite a few other mods.

Getting any pop up error messages on impacts of rounds on surfaces?

Chhers man,

im using Massis stuff also,dont notice a drop,and quite a few other mods.

Getting any pop up error messages on impacts of rounds on surfaces?

I'm using the -showScriptErrors switch and I've not seen any errors pop up in regards to this mod.

I'm sure everybody is already sick of videos, but I think its always nice and useful looking at how other games handle effects. It's amazing what you can get with a few particles and animated textures even on old engines.

I'm sure everybody is already sick of videos, but I think its always nice and useful looking at how other games handle effects. It's amazing what you can get with a few particles and animated textures even on old engines.

I could be mistaken but I believe the RV engine doesn't support animated textures so that's not an option unfortionately in Arma.

I could be mistaken but I believe the RV engine doesn't support animated textures so that's not an option unfortionately in Arma.

Try blowing up a vehicle in vanilla ArmA and look at the smoke from the fire. To be honest I find it to be much superior to the bland, monotone smoke in Blastcore, which is really sad, as its a big turn off in contrast to the awesome explosions...

I'm using the -showScriptErrors switch and I've not seen any errors pop up in regards to this mod.

I also have a my own Dedi-Server and like THE DOG said I see the same thing, I removed Blastcore and have not seen the issue. I am using a ton of mods however (like normal).

Try blowing up a vehicle in vanilla ArmA and look at the smoke from the fire. To be honest I find it to be much superior to the bland, monotone smoke in Blastcore, which is really sad, as its a big turn off in contrast to the awesome explosions...

Well if you go into the editor and blow something up in slow mo, you can clearly see that diffrent textures are being loaded for the flames and the fire, aswell as for the smoke. But at the end of the day I don't really mind, as long as the explosions make sense. I mean, the Arma vanilla explosions are just variations on the same puff of grey smoke. And they're not explosive enough, they slowly fade in and out of existence, and do a very poor job at conveying the violence of modern day war. Explosions are almost instant, that's why they're explosions.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Well if you go into the editor and blow something up in slow mo, you can clearly see that diffrent textures are being loaded for the flames and the fire, aswell as for the smoke. But at the end of the day I don't really mind, as long as the explosions make sense. I mean, the Arma vanilla explosions are just variations on the same puff of grey smoke. And they're not explosive enough, they slowly fade in and out of existence, and do a very poor job at conveying the violence of modern day war. Explosions are almost instant, that's why they're explosions.

I'm not complaining about the explosions, they are great, I'm talking about the smoke. When you have a burning tank in Blastcore it's just a big plane wall of dark grey above it, while in vanilla you have animated smoke which looks pretty authentic.

I'm not complaining about the explosions, they are great, I'm talking about the smoke. When you have a burning tank in Blastcore it's just a big plane wall of dark grey above it, while in vanilla you have animated smoke which looks pretty authentic.

The smoke is not animated though, just rotating textures like the fire and the explosions.

The smoke is not animated though, just rotating textures like the fire and the explosions.

What about volumetric...like the clouds? Is that possible? (Sorry if this has been discussed already!)

What about volumetric...like the clouds? Is that possible? (Sorry if this has been discussed already!)

The clouds are a whole diffrent matter all together, textures can't be volumetric.

You can have animated textures. I just don't use them enforce atm. Will be delayed for the update, i been out drinking and showing off my jingle bells. But have fixed tons of shit, including the smoke grenades which was because i had to merge them back into the phoenix update because they are currently supposed to be part of a single addon which is for countermeasures only.

Edited by Opticalsnare

You can have animated textures. I just don't use them enforce atm. Will be delayed for the update, i been out drinking and showing off my jingle bells. But have fixed tons of shit, including the smoke grenades which was because i had to merge them back into the phoenix update because they are currently supposed to be part of a single addon which is for countermeasures only.

Well then either BIS is lazy or extremely bad at making animated textures. Regardless, great news once again ;). Happy holidays and a happy new year Opticalsnare!

i been out drinking and showing off my jingle bells.

Quote of the year right there!

I have been playing alot with Grouplink 5 effects for the past few months, and I have taken what i have learned from GL5 and appled it to one of the particle effects of Blastcore. I have sent my config values to OpticalSnare for possible inclusion into the mod. Take a look at the following short video i made showcasing the adjusted particle parameters. My goal, "presented in the private messate" is simply to be of service, helping to fine tune the particle effects. Testing these effects is tedious and time consuming , so I figured, based on what I know, I can help OS, fine tune some things.

a few minor tweaks and the fire dances around, it really comes to life. These settings can be extrapolated on to the larger fire effects to create a more life like and immersive experience.

Edited by Lordprimate

I have been playing alot with Grouplink 5 effects for the past few months, and I have taken what i have learned from GL5 and appled it to one of the particle effects of Blastcore. I have sent my config values to OpticalSnare for possible inclusion into the mod. Take a look at the following short video i made showcasing the adjusted particle parameters. My goal, "presented in the private messate" is simply to be of service, helping to fine tune the particle effects. Testing these effects is tedious and time consuming , so I figured, based on what I know, I can help OS, fine tune some things.

a few minor tweaks and the fire dances around, it really comes to life. These settings can be extrapolated on to the larger fire effects to create a more life like and immersive experience.

Looks nice but the smoke seems a little excessive to me, also perhaps it would be cool to add some ember/sparks that rise from the fire. Always looks cool thrue NVG's :P.

That's pretty damn impressive.

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

Looks nice but the smoke seems a little excessive to me, also perhaps it would be cool to add some ember/sparks that rise from the fire. Always looks cool thrue NVG's :P.

Smoke all depends on what's burning for that little fire that's about the perfect amount of smoke. Now if your burning tires off that would be pitch black heavy smoke. All depends whats on fire.

cyclonic, do have those embers in grouplink. I didnt want to add them to blast core as its not my baby. thats up to OS. but again GL5 does that already. Secondly, the smoke is all OS i didnt touch that and i kinda feel the same way. needs to be smaller smoke particles to start, their to big in the beginning, and they kinda smoke up the ground around the fire. Alas that was not my focus though. maybe if OS allows, I will continue to be able to assist in these areas.