Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Im confused. This 3.1 stuff in playWithSix is this newest phoenix version, or phoenix is some kind of addon to it?

Agreed. All this recent "Buzzword" mod/addon naming instead of the good old-fashioned "This is My Mod v1.0". What the hell ever happened to old-school version numbers?....Version Gryphon.Falcon.Dragonfire.Phoenix is just ridiculous.

lemL3bx.jpg

Came across this weird dust glitch using RHS mod. Is this a known incompatibility?

Hello, I don't know if this has been posted before...

Only like 20 times.

Edited by 654wak654

must say this enhances my arma3 experience a ton. the bullet hits are magic. of course when playing it a lot i notice a few things i was wondering about:

get brown dust when bullets hit foliage on trees? not sure what it should look like.

get brown dust when hit bodies? could it be red and more blood like?

i get black grid in white smoke grenades when they first start. no idea why.

@AlexSegen

Everyone is getting that, and its just something that needs to be fixed, OS is working on the mod, all we can do is wait for the next update.

get brown dust when bullets hit foliage on trees? not sure what it should look like.

Shouldn't be anything other then maybe twigs, or branches, or leaves falling.

get brown dust when hit bodies? could it be red and more blood like?

I get red, this is with the new blastcore?

Anti personnel rounds fired by tank cannon have no visual hit effect (not even vanilla). Is anyone else getting this?

@AlexSegen

Everyone is getting that, and its just something that needs to be fixed, OS is working on the mod, all we can do is wait for the next update.

Shouldn't be anything other then maybe twigs, or branches, or leaves falling.

I get red, this is with the new blastcore?

yes and yes. even bushes give brown dust. and zero blood. other than that though man this mod is epic.

Love Blastcore and my game usually runs pretty well. When Particles are set to high and someone shoots at the ground, it looks amazing but the framerates drop close to 0. On Standard it's smooth as ever. Both my friend and me had this issue while testing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5mzKyK--hk

Love Blastcore and my game usually runs pretty well. When Particles are set to high and someone shoots at the ground, it looks amazing but the framerates drop close to 0. On Standard it's smooth as ever. Both my friend and me had this issue while testing.

Its a mod.

Oh, really? I never realized, thanks for clearing that up. :/

I'm pretty sure the developer of the mod would not want his mod to drop the framerates to 0, the purpose of this video is to bring his attention to the issue.

The mod isn't in a final state, as it was only released not to long ago and as OS has noted to me with my own project through pm that there will be a few

patches for it soon, that was on Dec 28th, so lets wait and see what he has for the mod, give it time, suggest make a note of the issues and be

sure OS recognizes it from your feedback and lets see what the patches bring.

In terms of suggestions, I'm not sure how OP created those new and amazing particle effects, but the only thing I can honestly suggest is making sure he replaces all the old particle effects with this new wizardry. This would seriously help the mod.

Hang on I just tested exactly this and just didn't see ANY fps drop at all ?

p.s. my first video ! - woot

Ah, interesting. It must be a conflict with one of the mods than!

I'll try to figure which one it is. Thanks.

Anti personnel rounds fired by tank cannon have no visual hit effect (not even vanilla). Is anyone else getting this?

Are you using TPW mods? I had this problem when using TPW together with Blastcore. I had to disable TPW for now.... Hope the next update arrives soon.

Just got back from my snowboarding holiday, hope everyone had a nice christmas and new year. Will be making some updates this week but atm im freaking nackered lol.

Optical...Amazing job. The effects are great, and I especially hated the linear plane destruction effects for Arma. Thank you for being a gem and giving us visual heaven and more of a reason to blow sh*t up. Heh. :yay: I also love how there are particles in the effects, reducing the need to chose from Blastcore of Particles or the attempt to combine them. Thanks man, keep up the good work. :D

Thanks for this Amazing work! ArmA 3 + Blastcore + JSRS + AiA = Almost there LOL

Thanks for this Amazing work! ArmA 3 + Blastcore + JSRS + AiA = Almost there LOL

Yeah, we've almost got a playable game rather than a ridiculous future-war POS if you throw in CSE/AGM (dealer's choice, they both do pretty much the same thing) and Ports of ArmA2/Arrowhead content that being the conflict back to the 'modern era' rather than future-bug-men.

Yeah, we've almost got a playable game rather than a ridiculous future-war POS if you throw in CSE/AGM (dealer's choice, they both do pretty much the same thing) and Ports of ArmA2/Arrowhead content that being the conflict back to the 'modern era' rather than future-bug-men.

True Forgot CSE, let me fix

ArmA 3 + Blastcore + JSRS + AiA + CSE + 10 Patches = Almost Complete

:bounce3:

File WARFXPE\particleeffects\config.cpp, line 30249: '/CfgCloudlets/ExplosionShockWave.interval': Missing ';' at the end of line

Anyone else getting random black dots on the ground near the player?