So far so good.

You may also consider adding that mag to the standard barrel version.

How about naming it SCAR-H MG or SCAR-H SW? SCAR-H LSW sounds good though.

Edited by JK88

And a front view...

wip507.jpg

Right now I'm going to keep it sane as realistically the 7.62 values are all the same, and will probably revisit the idea when Spartan0536 puts out the 7.62 values (hopefully before the Second Coming) after his life slows down and able to post them. But... I can just swap barrels (good idea JK88...) or something for the meantime as it would make more sense.

---------- Post added at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

And in-game:

wip508.jpg

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

Pilot/JFO/JTAC Guide RC4

http://562.50megs.com/562nd/Pilot-JFO-JTACGuideRC4.zip

- Added more on the Laser Designation portion (eventually going to redo the specific sections)

- Grammar tweaks

- Added Landmarks to the Pilots section.

Both the a-10 and scar drum mag looks awesome. I've been using the cs5 sniper in some other games I play, and I like it. I would love to use it in Arma, however it's above my abilities at the moment to do it my self. Is there someone who is doing sniper models that would meet your standards? Thanks for any info you can give me. And as always keep up the great work, I really enjoy using all of it.

What is a CS5 Sniper?

I think he may be talking about the McMillan CS5. Could be wrong though. Game devs sometimes have to bastardize names of weapons

True a la Hitman and such.

Checked it out. Maybe.

Edited by EricJ

Okay slow down everybody...

Making a new gun takes a bit more time than just making iron sights... so if I do it I'll let you know and post updates accordingly.

Current future plans:

- More skin work as well as more vehicle work. I've been doing guns for the past ten months and now that my mod is getting more stable and less crap is going wrong my outlook is changing. Doesn't mean I'll stop doing guns, it will just be a lower priority as I've spent as said, the past ten months doing guns. I need to do something different with A3 (there's always more to do) and down the road I'm getting more involved with related projects. I like to do more than guns, while fun it's also not going to be my life within the community.

- Continue with the Weapons pack, but as stated it'll start getting more slower and less adding this or that. I know there is a lot of requests (I want to do that 25mm Barret... sometime as it's not that hard to do and I owe Wansec_6 as well.. it's not that hard to a degree to model and bring in). And I need to finish the Drum magazine so I can get RC43 out the door (I'm not going to get extensive on it as it looks good enough for me to get out).

- Support modpacks I've done for clans, that is always an issue as patches change shit and so on, bugs crop up unexpectedly, etc.

So I'm not going to leave the community, I just need and have the desire to do more than just one aspect of modding. I have ideas I've been bouncing around so I'd like to do those and see how it pans out. Doing gun work has helped me in some areas but when I learn something new or how to do this, I kinda want to pursue it. So some requests may be honored but overall my mindset honestly is getting my unit moving forward: http://562ndts.enjin.com/?welcome But other than that keeping active requires time and if other things come up well I may be otherwise engaged, so yeah... so you all understand where I'm heading down the road.

As for the Blue Angels mod:

Did some lightening of the basic suit (was way too dark compared to a ref pic):

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip509.jpg

I know man and no harm done, but it kinda was a trigger to post what was on my mind anyway, so it's all good :D

And:

- Continue to always tweak the guns so they're better for you the players, who yes, I may not say it often or at all, I do appreciate the support and dealing with the issues.

Reason I added that is taumargin just dropped some HK416 sounds so I can add that to the pack so the weapons sound different from the L85 sound I was using :)

Good point, sometimes I don't do requests because somebody has already made them...

I know the "Operators pack" there was some kind of issues with the mod (crashes,conflicts with other mods) and the last update is quite long time ago, it might be possible that the weapons will have no sounds according to the last big patch which changes a lot of sounds a couple of months ago..

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

Edit: just tested the Operators pack, like i thought, from the pack i only 1 weapon has a sound, other guns sounds are missing

Well I'm sure there is a linked topic so you're going to have to tell the author to get it fixed. I'm going to get the 25mm Barret done for RC43, and textured the Drum Magazine for the SCAR-H LSW:

wip510.jpg

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Blue Angels Mod

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7uewegzx2i227xx/%40BlueAngelsRC3.7z?dl=0

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC3

- Added Blue Angels Pilot (readme has classname, and can be found in NATO/Men/Blue Angels Pilot)

- Added uniform and helmet specific to that unit. Be aware that the uniform is a mod of the default flight suit so texture issues (mirror mapping due to optimization) don't allow me to texture it properly. Future tweaks will of course be done but uniform is good as is for now.

Also got your PM, I'll still think on it, but for now before I go to bed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x468zgarzx1mcb/wip511.jpg?dl=0

Unfortunately (or fortunately really) 50megs is down for server maintenance, and after ten years of unbroken service, I'm not sweating it all).

For now it's a start, current plans:

- Definitely NO suppressor capability, weirdos...

- 5 -round magazine (has to be reshaped to reflect a line drawing I found). There's no specified amount (ten rounds seems ludicrous given ammunition size).

- Definitely HE and AP rounds. Some documentation mentioned Training Practice rounds but not really needed given the A3 crowd and the ability to spawn live targets via Zeus, etc..

- Can still mount optics and laser/flashlights as per the normal Barret (matter of fact you can supposedly swap receivers so yeah...), same positions.

- I may give it some sway given the size and the firepower ability. This isn't an assault rifle fo sho.

Also got your PM, I'll still think on it, but for now before I go to bed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x468zgarzx1mcb/wip511.jpg?dl=0

Unfortunately (or fortunately really) 50megs is down for server maintenance, and after ten years of unbroken service, I'm not sweating it all).

For now it's a start, current plans:

- Definitely NO suppressor capability, weirdos...

- 5 -round magazine (has to be reshaped to reflect a line drawing I found). There's no specified amount (ten rounds seems ludicrous given ammunition size).

- Definitely HE and AP rounds. Some documentation mentioned Training Practice rounds but not really needed given the A3 crowd and the ability to spawn live targets via Zeus, etc..

- Can still mount optics and laser/flashlights as per the normal Barret (matter of fact you can supposedly swap receivers so yeah...), same positions.

- I may give it some sway given the size and the firepower ability. This isn't an assault rifle fo sho.

The M82/M107 are standard 10 round mags. :( Assuming thats the shortened version you're making. If its a 20mm anti matetial rifle sweet 5 rounds it is!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

Eric, that XM-109 is looking really good. You do great work. Please keep it up.

The buttstock rubber part of the IARs/HK416 is now green... bug? Intended? I don't remember seeing it before the latest version.

Also... any chance for IAR versions without the vertical forward grip? :)

@coffeeshack: No texture issues other than needed to fix (fixed) a texture path, and no as the USMC issues the weapon with a forward grip. More than likely they install the grip and the user simply does not use it. As such as I've never been in the Marine Corps but human nature (as I have done, I personally in real life tried to use one, but it wasn't jiving with me) dictates to whether or not to use it. But since its a game and you don't have to worry about your arms, etc. But the final answer is no, as there's no sense in removing it for one person.

@Wansec_6.. yeah I figure it would make sense in a futuristic setting (this is not that topic, nor should it be) where things that never were officially adopted are used in a fictional setting, and it is a cool idea and a sane one.

And again thanks Miller and Foxhound!

@coffeeshack: No texture issues other than needed to fix (fixed) a texture path, and no as the USMC issues the weapon with a forward grip. More than likely they install the grip and the user simply does not use it. As such as I've never been in the Marine Corps but human nature (as I have done, I personally in real life tried to use one, but it wasn't jiving with me) dictates to whether or not to use it. But since its a game and you don't have to worry about your arms, etc. But the final answer is no, as there's no sense in removing it for one person.

Ah I see... and BTW thank you for fixing the ejected shells. It's perfect now :)

No problem...

25mm HE notes:

- After adjusting the damage you can blow up an Ifrit from the sides (below 300m was tested for range, though I doubt it'll matter at 1500m).

- i would say its either a graphics glitch as anything beyond 150mm and things get weird... as in the round doesn't seem to exist. At first I thought it was a product of the round not being set for Ruthberg's mod (which was more or less a zeroing issue not his mod) but a zero issue. Muzzle velocity is at 425m/s, based on real world data. I expect APDS to be more flat and slightly faster (going to have to look at real world data if available).

- Right now when you shoot 1500m it drops, not goes up (as in BIS ammo) for 25mm so keep that in mind and the explosive shell shows at that range, past that... not sure as I cranked up my view distance so it's not like I can't see it (2000m range I setup for another project) it is something to consider.

- Before I doubled the warhead power I bounced about 100 rounds on the frontal armor of the Ifrit, broke the center windshield only (managed to make it so the crew bails out but doesn't blow the fucker up, which it should after that many rounds!), which seems waaaaaaay too resistant for a vehicle of that type so I mentioned it in the dev branch, as I expect a tank to do that, not a light armored vehicle!

Also while digging I found some .50 cal tracer rounds (oddly enough 12.7x99... So the SLAP and Ball rounds have:

- Standard Ball no Tracer

- Red Tracer

- Green Tracer

- Yellow Tracer

Current setting is every round which I assume was the point so no mix unless a combat veteran who has fired the Barret operationally can tell me otherwise that'll be the setting.

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

25mm APDS acts just like the GM6 Lynx APDS, so you get laser-like accuracy (with TMR bipod hard resting anyway) so yeah... it's good to go :) And haven't vehicle tested but it's double the BIS default as well.

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

Okay the XM109 (I left it at the real world designation since it was of course never adopted) is integrated (still have to update the ammo boxes in a bit) as well as some more sound files from taumargin's hard work. The selector safety sound is nice and crisp (German engineering) and the sound is a departure from the L85 sound, and while good, it's not the right one... So as I told taumargin, its growing on me quite fast and again the sound quality is always the same, excellent work, so... I will think on the sniper rifles but other than that I don't see any reason not to upload RC43, which the only other thing I just realized is to do inventory images for the XM109. Also have to redo the magazine after looking at the side view...

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

And updated magazine WIP:

wip512.jpg

Edited by EricJ