wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Have the same problem with the chernarus map and rhs addon, the mission worked a couple a days ago and now Arma hangs on the loading screen, everytime I try it out in the editor.

Hi!

I guess there is either no troops found for an OPCOM (Virtual AI Commander) or there is something wrong with a sync!

Can you please pastebin your server/client rpt?

Grazie Mille

HH, we've noticed that we're unable to spawn groups with ALiVE post update and I'm having the same situation as mentioned above. Will see if one of the VCB bods can get a log.

So I tested it 4 times, and Tupolov tested it a few times as well. All seems good on our end. Next step is to create a non-modded version of your mission. Zip it up and upload it to either a dropbox or google drive so we can take a look.

But i told you that i just placed my soldier and some alive modules (with OPF_G_F before and OPF_F after)in editor on map without anything else.... and with only cba and alive !?!

I will retry but i'll create the module , and not copy/paste them from another mission (that were working fine before) .

Edited by chal00

Hi! Would love if you guys allowed the Caribou Frontier (Arma 2) map to work with Alive, it's really well done, and it would be great to make a dynamic mission with it. Thanks!

Already indexed although I see it's not on the wiki

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74414

Hey, just reporting a bug I'm experiencing. I'm trying to make a mission using the Bornholm terrain, and whenever I preview the mission, ArmA hangs on the loading screen. I've tested this with only ALiVE, CBA, and the Bornholm mods enabled, but that didn't solve the problem. I've also tried adding the required ALiVE modules one at a time, previewing after adding each one. The progression was:

ALiVE (Required) -> Military Placement (Civilian Objectives) -> Player Options -> Virtual AI System

Whether this is because ALiVE isn't fully initializing because a required module is missing or the problem lies within the Virtual AI module, I don't know. I've tried the exact same setup on Stratis and ALiVE worked flawlessly.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, there was slightly different behavior between running the mission with mods and without. When I previewed the mission with mods, it would just get stuck in the loading screen. When I ran the mission with only ALiVE, CBA, and Bornholm, The mission loaded in and ran fine for less than a second, but then it went right back to the loading screen.

if I'm not mistaken Bornholm needs to be re-indexed as there were changes to the map since the last ALiVE update... should be OK for next release.

HH, we've noticed that we're unable to spawn groups with ALiVE post update and I'm having the same situation as mentioned above. Will see if one of the VCB bods can get a log.

Yeah RPT would be great.. are you using RHS by chance?

EDIT : Then, i re-create each module one by one... and it's OK now !

I had some problems, but finally it's OK!

I don't know where the problems come from !

For those who have same issue, you should edit your mission, delete all module, and replace them (don't copy/paste from another mission)... and test it after each military module placed !

Thanks everyone, bye !

Nice job ALIVE TEAM, like always ;)

Edited by chal00

Hey guys, so I am trying to learn how to make a mission with alive. I followed the tutorial on the wiki exactly (the one where you just make 2 zones with the required modules and AI commander) but for some reason when I try to preview the mission, it loads to the end of the loading bar but it just stays there. And I tried waiting like 15 minutes so im assuming it froze. I made sure everything that needed to be linked was linked and not grouped.

Hey guys, so I am trying to learn how to make a mission with alive. I followed the tutorial on the wiki exactly (the one where you just make 2 zones with the required modules and AI commander) but for some reason when I try to preview the mission, it loads to the end of the loading bar but it just stays there. And I tried waiting like 15 minutes so im assuming it froze. I made sure everything that needed to be linked was linked and not grouped.

You should set module with "ignore small & medium objectives" and little groups (=200) first... and try one by one to reduce ;)

Since the latest game update , i think modules generate too much objectives ;)

You should set module with "ignore small & medium objectives" and little groups (=200) first... and try one by one to reduce ;)

Since the latest game update , i think modules generate too much objectives ;)

Same problem :(

it doesnt seem to matter what settings i use

I don't know why exactly my mission is ok now !

Because i have at end the same modules ! I just changed some settings in module (i was shearching the problem) , and i didn't put civilians at the beginning ! For the moment try to put only alive needed module , and your opcom/civ obj/military obj/military logistic/ and cqb module !

Don't put "alive AI virtualization module" just to see if you can preview first with that !

If it's ok then add it after and retry to preview ;)

I had exactly the same problem in Chernarus using RHS/Leights units. I thought it was related to RHS, but I discovered that it was my AI commander faction override field- the tooltip says to write something like ("FAC_1","FAC_2"), but the brackets prevent the map from loading. Eliminating the brackets fixed things. Dunno if that helps at all.

ok so i have same problem s every one above the game hangs on loading screen even with ALIVE official missions which is available under the showcases i can get alive to work some times with prays but most of the times it just hangs on loading screens please do something

game version 136 and latest alive installed

I had exactly the same problem in Chernarus using RHS/Leights units. I thought it was related to RHS, but I discovered that it was my AI commander faction override field- the tooltip says to write something like ("FAC_1","FAC_2"), but the brackets prevent the map from loading. Eliminating the brackets fixed things. Dunno if that helps at all.

It still doesnt load. :(

ok so i have same problem s every one above the game hangs on loading screen even with ALIVE official missions which is available under the showcases i can get alive to work some times with prays but most of the times it just hangs on loading screens please do something

game version 136 and latest alive installed

I tried Quick Start and Divide & Rule for a test, both started up fine. (re-downloaded mod from alivemod.com, CBA 1.0.9.140907)

Quick Start took 16.02 secs

Divide & Rule took 145.82 secs

which mission did you mean specifically?

Zip your mission folder and give us link to download it !! Since i edited mine , i lost the wrong version but i know how to re-do it... Zip them plz !

If you are carrying a mine detector, then you should be able to get within 1m of an IED. Any other player class will trigger the IED at varying ranges.

AI won't trigger the IED. AI can't be trusted with regards to movement etc atm!

Vehicles should trigger the IED, will look into it.

Done some more testing with it. It was because I was using an EOD guy to drive that it wasn't working. Perhaps the engine treats the vehicle a 1m buffer. Put an officer or whatever in the Rover and IED blows as it should normally. No idea what putting an EOD in a vehicle with X number of non-EOD will do and I can't test in MP yet and AI don't do anything sooo...

Done some more testing with it. It was because I was using an EOD guy to drive that it wasn't working. Perhaps the engine treats the vehicle a 1m buffer. Put an officer or whatever in the Rover and IED blows as it should normally. No idea what putting an EOD in a vehicle with X number of non-EOD will do and I can't test in MP yet and AI don't do anything sooo...

Yeah I'm thinking if you park on the IED it will blow, but due to the EOD "guy" you can drive fast enough over the IED, it doesn't trigger... Can tweak that.

Hello,

Any possible ETA, or bit of news regarding using ALiVE with Linux based rented servers? i.e Vilayer.

Dying to set up ISIS ALiVE COOP insurgency.

Thanks.

We need a C++ dev. If anyone steps forward to help then we can make some progress but until then, no Linux support for persistence.

Is it possible to use combat indicators with this guys? What i mean is: Patrol in an area where there's loads of Civ Pop about normally but sometimes there's no civ pop. Move a little closer & to find the enemy waiting! I was thinking more in lines of a campaign where it could be a 30% chance the enemy would be there & they told the civ pop to leave (hence no civ pop) to be seen.

One last thing / idea for a future update guys: Would it ever be possible to implement some sort of ICOM chatter like: we patrol somewhere & if the enemy see us (maybe using an AI dicker) our base would report to us they've picked up ICOM chatter that the enemy can see us & have a surprise waiting?

Thanks in advance guys

Any idea why i am getting this ?

No other Mods running apart from @Alive;@Aliveserver

Extensions:
 Arma2Net.Unmanaged (C:\Steamcmd\arma3_3\@AliveServer\Arma2Net.Unmanaged.dll)
Distribution: 0
Version 1.38.128937
Fault time: 2015/01/26 16:42:04
Fault address:  75694B32 01:00013B32 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
file:     ALiVE_Air_Assault
world:    Altis
Prev. code bytes: 20 83 64 24 10 00 8D 04 24 50 FF 15 80 83 71 75
Fault code bytes: 8B 4C 24 54 33 CC E8 07 72 FF FF 8B E5 5D C2 10

Edited by 1PARA{God-Father}

If i needed to update say ASR_AI or any mod during a persistent Mission........how can i back up my current mission status install said mod reboot server and continue where we left off....anytime we restart the server and load the map......its all wiped clean slate?

Can I put AI in an empty helo and then use that helo via the support module? I'd like to use DG's BAF helos, the crew from 3CB. I know you can get use classnames for mods that aren't ALiVE compatible by doing a tiny bit of scripting, though the only ones I've done were placed in the editor with crew already assigned.

If the crew get shot will they get replaced? With the same guys I put in it?

Also, I know you guys always say "WHEN ITS READY" but I'm building a Boko Haram vs 3CB insurgency type thing on N'Ziwasogo and there isn't really a time constraint for me as I'm waiting on quite a few mod updates, but is the Insurgency option for OPCOM going to be available in the next release and should I plan on integrating that as it will be available................say within a month?

Edited by I WUB PUGS

Mastermind - if you're Windows server is set up in the War Room correctly and you are exiting the mission with ALiVE's "Server Save & Exit" button, it will save to the database. Then you can make any changes to mods etc as normal.

Pugs - no, that won't work. You'd need to create a new vehicle config with different crew to place in the mission.

This may be something covered already though I haven't seen it. I cannot load an ALiVE mission on Altis if it includes civilians. I was wondering if maybe there was an indexing problem? I've spent all of my free time the past several days and I'm sorry to say that it's the last thing left out of all of the troubleshooting I've done. When I remove civilian modules the mission loads without error, otherwise it simply hangs on the loading screen indefinitely. :/

*Edit*

Dedicated windows server.

*Edit*

It may be something with the civilian module altogether - though on older mission saves it works just fine.

Here's the issue in greater detail as there are no rpt errors in relation to this - when I save a mission since the Arma 3 update (which means that I cannot patch, update, or touch anything for a community of 50+) utilizing ALiVE civilian modules the server gets to the end of all processing for all scripts, ALiVE modules, and so forth, which then hangs at a finished loading screen. It will stay there for over 12 hours, yes I let it run that long as it takes two hours to fully populate Bornholm on my personal (and yet, beefy) server ([i know you will be indexing again] it runs through every single object for every single faction being placed on Bornholm). This is occurring with or without RHS mods. As soon as I remove the two civilian modules the missions load perfectly fine. So, here is all I can tell from wayyyy too many hours of testing; something in the way the editor saves has changed -or- the civilian vehicle config has changed -or- the way things are located and placed has changed (which would only affect civilians, not CQB or Mil Civ Placement units) -or- something in the way the code is read has changed -or- several other however very unlikely scenarios.

I hope there is a fix soon, I use civilian deaths and mortar / air asset misfires into towns to increase civilian hostility and IED + VBIED rates in follow up operations to help instill fire discipline and target discrimination.

Hopefully that made sense, I'm exhausted.

Edited by DavidLasher