wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Hi brothers, old alive fan here, I was wondering if you are planning to add some kind of native fast rope function with ALiVE. We (my team) used to add Zealot Fast Rope Script and make Insertion with the Support Module but it isn't working anymore and perhaps Zealot abandoned the project.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Oh, we've tried AGM Fast Rope but it isn't working well with Alive.

Hi brothers, old alive fan here, I was wondering if you are planning to add some kind of native fast rope function with ALiVE. We (my team) used to add Zealot Fast Rope Script and make Insertion with the Support Module but it isn't working anymore and perhaps Zealot abandoned the project.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Oh, we've tried AGM Fast Rope but it isn't working well with Alive.

Somebody add a ticket and I may just take a look!

Ability to add code to CS units, I.e add items to the cargo etc may just be nearly done!

Somebody add a ticket and I may just take a look!

Ability to add code to CS units, I.e add items to the cargo etc may just be nearly done!

Roger that, Sir. I will add a new ticket looking for it. Thanks!

Ok. On Takistan, objectives are being placed not only on the outside of the map but the forming points can be up to 8km away.... SS for you.. http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/541892400924126102/8A5C2307B9512298CD9195AC952BF4C4FD309C4E/
^^i have had that happen too jake. So i second this notion

This is caused by an improper map size being passed to the Civ/Mil Modules. Unfortunately this is from the map config itself and not ALiVE. You can get around this by defining a TOAR roughly the same size as the entire island/world.

This is caused by an improper map size being passed to the Civ/Mil Modules. Unfortunately this is from the map config itself and not ALiVE. You can get around this by defining a TOAR roughly the same size as the entire island/world.

My problem is I'm only using an opfor faction. Only Blufor side is RHSUS group (players) So when the module asks to populate tasks for the blufor side it only responds to my player units and not an AI faction. Perhaps an ability to define a taor in the module will fix this and actually be useful for creating tasks as well. IE: blacklist and taor options for CSTAR

Is there a way to for me to load objects into arma 3 transport choppers? also I need to change the faction used for the random missions, as well as add something to all civilians who spawn. anyone know how to do any of these?

Is there a way to for me to load objects into arma 3 transport choppers? also I need to change the faction used for the random missions, as well as add something to all civilians who spawn. anyone know how to do any of these?

You can load items into transport choppers by hitting the right app key and clicking Logistics and then "enable actions", you then walk up to any draggable/pick-upable object and take it within 2m of the chopper and then hitting load with the scrollwheel menu.

You can change the factions used for the random missions by going into the C2ISTAR module and changing the BLUFOR friendly and BLUFOR enemy boxes. if you are playing as opfor or independant do it for those respective boxes

Adding items to civilians could be done using a method from their wiki, scroll halfway down to where it says "Adding Custom Inits to Spawned Units" and then follow it from there Wiki Link: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets

hYe spyder, thanks for the reply! I guess i didnt explain what i meant clearly enough. The random missions that pop up via the C2ISTAR are using csat enemies, while the enemys on my mission are independent side. and because of that they are fighting eachother, I want those random missions and the roadblocks to load up the side and faction of the enemies im using in my mission.

Having finally got around to setting up persistence on our mission (which is amazing, by the way), we noticed that the addaction we add to vehicles spawned through Virtual Vehicle Spawner had disappeared from those vehicles already on the map, ie the ones saved by the persistence system.

Is there anything I can put in my mission to get the addaction to be remain on vehicles which have been "persisted" like this? I don't really understand about event handlers but I have an extended_init_eventhandler, would I be somehow able to cobble something together to do the addaction and would this solve the problem of the added action being lost? We don't mind so much if it's added to all vehicles.

nvm about the factions I see what you mean now about the c2ISTAR thank you but it still seems to not be working, as well as i cannot get the grid system to work

has anyone got the grid system working? i remember it working in earlier versions but for what ever reason it will not show up for me now.?

has anyone got the grid system working? i remember it working in earlier versions but for what ever reason it will not show up for me now.?

The grid system is bugged right now and will be fixed in their next release. As for C2ISTAR spawning csat enemies for random missions when you prefer it spawn independant, this is what your C2ISTAR module should look like if you are playing as Blufor, Screenshot: http://gyazo.com/de2fb832293408d3e8a7d44f5a14c0a4

This will spawn Blufor for missions such as transporting friendly units or defending areas but will use the Independent faction for assassination,sabotage, or clear area missions and as the units who are attacking any objective you are tasked to defend

If it continues to spawn csat enemies even when put like that then something is wrong, it works fine for me though.

Edited by SpyderBlack723

3 questions:

1. Will the insurgency module be present in the next version?

2. When will see opcom improvements? Ie, ai not blitzing all the time and better strategies from the ai. More realism I guess.

3. What transport vehicles do 3rd party armies use?

I see that panthera is indexed for ALIVE but when I launch my mission a weird thing happens where im looking at the loading screen still but I can hear my self running around or getting shot at. Has anyone got a working panthera mission with ALIVE?

Thanks!

3 questions:

1. Will the insurgency module be present in the next version?

2. When will see opcom improvements? Ie, ai not blitzing all the time and better strategies from the ai. More realism I guess.

3. What transport vehicles do 3rd party armies use?

According to the roadmap insurgency isn't set to release until 1.0 but 9.5 is late so maybe they are trying to fit in a testable version of it (Would be my dream). #2 can also be answered by looking at the roadmap, it's planned for 1.0 awell. I'll let the ALiVE team go into more depth on these answers themselves but from my experience if third party armies don't have transport vehicles ( such as CAF aggressors) they tend to default to standard BIS factions. For example CAF aggressors uses CSAT trucks to insert reinforcements if the military logistics module is placed down.

http://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/roadmap

I was also wondering if anyone has been able to get Bornhelm to work? it says that its indexed but even when I put just the bare bones of an ALIVE mission in, the map doesn't load it just sits on the loading screen with a full loading bar.

Thanks!

I was also wondering if anyone has been able to get Bornhelm to work? it says that its indexed but even when I put just the bare bones of an ALIVE mission in, the map doesn't load it just sits on the loading screen with a full loading bar.

Thanks!

Bornholm index broke since they updated the map, The ALiVE team has since re-indexed the map and it will release alongside the next update.