wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

subunit - you may be running into a hard cap on spawned AI. It's less noticeable if you approach AI normally (i.e. not teleporting) but it's there to prevent overloading the server by having thousands of profiles spawn at once. There's a user setting for it in the relevant modules.

Kavoriken - have you tried the opposite approach? Bung a couple of ALiVE modules down in a CTI mission and see what happens? I don't know what waypoints the CTI missions use to move AI around, but if it's just Move and Cycle ones, then the Profiler might just work with them out of the box if you're very lucky!

Kavoriken what friz said worked when I tried it. You just have to tweak the profiling numbers to work with the CTI stuff for performance reasons.

Well, i just tried and failed horribly. Tried both crcti kb and becti 0097. I doubt that getting those more complex versions to work will be that easy. Probably requires some extra magic scripting tricks or even a full rewrite.

The problems i encountered:

-It starts with the spawning of your ai comrades: As long as you force-profile them, they just dont spawn at all because it seems to conflict with some of the init scripts of moving the units around on the map based on random starting locations. Not profiling them is not really an option of course, because non-profiled ai units cannot fight profiled units within towns because they dont "trigger" them.

-Profiled units dont work with the cti game mechanics like spawning units in towns when blu or op units are within a certain range.

-Spawned independent units in towns don't automatically get profiled, so there is no performance gain with Alive as of now.

The way i see it the following things would have to be fixed before any of the cti missions i tried would work propperly with alive:

-Map initialization needs to be fixed to work with profiled ai units in your team.

-Make the "basebuilding" ai commander independent from its in-game unit (crcti_kb only i think, becti seems to handle ai basebuilding differently).

-Make profiles work with the mechanics of cti missions, like "town captured because number of independant profiles within town range = 0"

-Remove the logic of spawning units in when you approach a town, because that is unnecessary when using Alive.

-Make sure that all scripted commands given to the ai work when theyre profiled. That includes waypoints and giving them the ability to buy units from the base.

Unfortunately none of the things above can really be fixed by me with my very limited scripting skill. That`s why i was asking if anyone was maybe working on that.

Kav what I suggest, for now at least, is to just use the ALiVE modules to spice up Becti. Don't think about it the other way around. Let Becti do it's thing and use stuff like the CQB module and TAORs for MCPs around towns. That will at least make Becti more challenging without having to learn about all the scripting involved in changing it.

Hmm yeah, you could do that of course, but i'm mainly looking to increase performance using Alive to be able to increase the number of ai`s playing per side. 12-16 Ai`s per side with teams of 10 is just nothing on a map the size of Altis.

To be exact i`d want the opposite team and their progression with capturing towns happening entirely with profiled units. That alone would be an incredible performance boost. Let your Ai`s attack in different directions triggering multiple towns and you get to scenarios where only Alive can assure propper gameplay at all. In WFBE in Arma 2 that was a huge problem. With the game progressing the AI's would split up all over the map and trigger a lot of towns resulting in insane AI counts.

Another question: Is there a way to keep the Opcom debug view from fading out? I much prefer that way of getting intel over the military sectore module as i always get an idea which zones are occupied by which faction. The military sector module just tells me where troops of which faction are. Just tried coming up with something stupid like a neutral opcom with enabled debug that keeps reinitializing itself every couple of minutes, but i couldnt pull that off.

Edited by Kavoriken

Hi,

Is there a preferred method for excluding non-profiled units from becoming profiled using the ALIVE_fnc_createProfilesFromUnitsRuntume command?

Perhaps either setting some variable within the unit's initialization, by specifying a blacklist/whitelist or by indicating a marker area?

I've been using this to profile editor-placed units, but would prefer to exclude some groups which have more complex waypoints.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

Hi,

Is there a preferred method for excluding non-profiled units from becoming profiled using the ALIVE_fnc_createProfilesFromUnitsRuntume command?

Perhaps either setting some variable within the unit's initialization, by specifying a blacklist/whitelist or by indicating a marker area?

I've been using this to profile editor-placed units, but would prefer to exclude some groups which have more complex waypoints.

Thanks

I may have found the answer... perhaps I can use this?

myGroup setVariable ["ALIVE_profileIgnore", true];

A question for the Alive devs or anyone who could help. I am trying to put together a large scale domination style dynamic mission using alive. I have something that we are using now, but it seems to have some issues. Basically I have 3 OpComs, BluFor, OpFor, and Independent. Players are independent. All OpComs are set to invade and each gets part of Altis. BluFor gets the NE peninsula, Independent gets the SE, and OpFor has the rest of the main island. With Alive this works for the most part, but we have had some issues with the Independents not pushing up into captured areas. So we push into an area as players and take out the OpFor or BluFor and then we just loose it again when we leave.

I can of course use MCC or Zeus to spawn new units in to move up manually and garrison the cities or bases, but I would think that Alive should be able to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions, or a mission that is already made that follows close to what we are trying to do?

Well you could make custom objectives for OPCOMS, in the FAQ the last question is how to make custom objectives. So using game logics, you put them where you would like the OPCOMS to concentrate more so to speak, like in my mission we have made multiple FOB'S around Fallujah and put game logics on them so that the OPCOMS know that these are objectives, they will either defend or attack these poins, and depending on witch OPCOM you have it synched you can then determine who defends, who attacks where. Hope this helps.

Loving your sig! Many ALiVE team browny points for you sir!

A question for the Alive devs or anyone who could help. I am trying to put together a large scale domination style dynamic mission using alive. I have something that we are using now, but it seems to have some issues. Basically I have 3 OpComs, BluFor, OpFor, and Independent. Players are independent. All OpComs are set to invade and each gets part of Altis. BluFor gets the NE peninsula, Independent gets the SE, and OpFor has the rest of the main island. With Alive this works for the most part, but we have had some issues with the Independents not pushing up into captured areas. So we push into an area as players and take out the OpFor or BluFor and then we just loose it again when we leave.

I can of course use MCC or Zeus to spawn new units in to move up manually and garrison the cities or bases, but I would think that Alive should be able to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions, or a mission that is already made that follows close to what we are trying to do?

To keep it simple, OPCOM will order to attack/secure/defend positions in the assigned Military TAORs of choice (and will attack other OPCOMs positions when synced to the enemy Military Placement modules). It determines which action to take automatically, so if the enemy opcom failed to defend an area that you attacked and the enemy OPCOM still has free troops and not an even more important objective to get back before, it will send troops to attack/regain that position again. So do the friendly OPCOMs. Did you sync the indy opcom to the OPF and BLU OPCOMs? Are there virtual profiles for the Indy OPCOMwith debug on?

Take a look at the Foursome demo mission again, its basically the same as yours as very likely with 4 OPCOMs (BLU, BLU_G_F, OPF, INDY) and playerslots for every side. Furthermore player and military logistics will be in the 0.7 release, and that will also take care of quick reeinforcements f.e. if you capture a strategically important objective.

Edited by highhead

I tried to break ALiVE. This is something ridiculously close to 10K AI profiles on Reshmaan. Server performance was around 40 FPS, and I'm running a ton of different mods. Totally unplayable of course - I can't get more than 1KM from the FOB without running into an angry swarm of Aggressors!

http://i.imgur.com/VF9oCDb.jpg (442 kB)

To keep it simple, OPCOM will order to attack/secure/defend positions in the assigned Military TAORs of choice (and will attack other OPCOMs positions when synced to them). It determines which action to take automatically, so if the enemy opcom failed to defend an area that you attacked and the enemy OPCOM still has free troops and not an even more important objective to get back before, it will send troops to attack/regain that position again. So do the friendly OPCOMs. Did you sync the indy opcom to the OPF and BLU OPCOMs? Are there virtual profiles for the Indy OPCOMwith debug on?

Take a look at the Foursome demo mission again, its basically the same as yours as very likely with 4 OPCOMs (BLU, BLU_G_F, OPF, INDY) and playerslots for every side. Furthermore player and military logistics will be in the 0.7 release, and that will also take care of quick reeinforcements f.e. if you capture a strategically important objective.

I synced the OPCOMs to the Millitary placements. So I guess I need to sync it to the placements and the OpCom.

I did not even know the foursome mission was there, that looks very close to what we are trying to do.

I synced the OPCOMs to the Millitary placements. So I guess I need to sync it to the placements and the OpCom.

I did not even know the foursome mission was there, that looks very close to what we are trying to do.

Correct :)

Its basically, Conquer everything and playable as every faction

I tried to break ALiVE. This is something ridiculously close to 10K AI profiles on Reshmaan. Server performance was around 40 FPS, and I'm running a ton of different mods. Totally unplayable of course - I can't get more than 1KM from the FOB without running into an angry swarm of Aggressors!

http://i.imgur.com/VF9oCDb.jpg (442 kB)

lol nice reminds me of this

http://i.imgur.com/zH26EkS.jpg

Sorry, may have been unclear, If you sync your OPCOM to the enemy MPs thats fine already - not needed to sync to the enemy OPCOMs!

Maybe if its still not working, remove all your external mods from the mission and upload it to our tracker, so I can take a look at it too!

Enjoy mate

Hey Everybody,

For those groups using a game host like JestServers, we've now added support in War Room for you guys. Please test and let us know.

Thanks for your continued support!

ALiVE 0.6.8 is almost ready to ship, not long now. We have some goodies coming!

Cheers

Tup

Hey Everybody,

For those groups using a game host like JestServers, we've now added support in War Room for you guys. Please test and let us know.

Thanks for your continued support!

ALiVE 0.6.8 is almost ready to ship, not long now. We have some goodies coming!

Cheers

Tup

Are logistics ready/implemented on this release or it will be more towards version 0.7.0?

Logistics is 0.7. This will be more like Persistence Part 2.

Thanks guys, keep up the good work, looking forward to 0.6.8!

Can anyone tell me the status regarding ALIVE with headless client?

thanks. my HC disconnects after I get to slot screen. All HC, server and client have updated versions. HC connects fine to server and other stuff like mcc. Ideas?

If it's disconnecting at the slot screen that's unlikely to be directly caused by ALiVE but more likely an addon conflict. CQB can use HC, but it's not supported widely by ALiVE yet as Profiles handles the performance requirements more than adequately.

I was testing the persistence today with profiled live units (by killing them) and profiled empty vehicles and they both seemed to work fine (empty vehicles where not always saved with their new locations though) with mission restart, but after about 6 or so restarts, new changes where not being saved anymore. Its not a serious problem ATM for us, but I'm not sure if that is a known issue.