wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I was testing the persistence today with profiled live units (by killing them) and profiled empty vehicles and they both seemed to work fine (empty vehicles where not always saved with their new locations though) with mission restart, but after about 6 or so restarts, new changes where not being saved anymore. Its not a serious problem ATM for us, but I'm not sure if that is a known issue.

Hey mate!

Yeah, just today we encountered and changed some behaviours around this, so it will be fixed in the upcoming update :)

thanks for telling us comrade!

see ya on the battlefield!

Quiet Sunday afternoon, so I knocked up a quick vid demonstrating one way you can use ALiVE to populate a map with hostile AI. It might help people who don't know where to get started or just want to see what buttons to press! There's nothing very advanced here.

I was testing the persistence today with profiled live units (by killing them) and profiled empty vehicles and they both seemed to work fine (empty vehicles where not always saved with their new locations though) with mission restart, but after about 6 or so restarts, new changes where not being saved anymore. Its not a serious problem ATM for us, but I'm not sure if that is a known issue.

Fixed in the next release, thanks for your patience!

Can anyone give me advice about AI skill? I try to balance A.I.'s Skill but don't know which is make them fool or smart,

Can i just delete ALiVE's AI skill module and use another module with out conflict?? I'm really not sure even deleted Alive skill module make completely not disturbing another A.I. Addons. Please i need help, i had checked ALiVE but no good.

Is A.I. Get Suppressed by ALiVE? then what should i do? which module should i set?

Edited by kgino1045

At first i used this wiki page from BI to understand the skills, what they do actually.

The AI skill module works the same as the AI skill in Arma in general, its a more accessible and simple interface to calibrate your AI skills.

We now use bCombat server side (its in beta, it is said that its only for singleplayer but it does work very well on MP also) for AI skill. If you don't have anything else (i.e AI skill module from ALiVE) for AI skill, bCombat overrides defaults and handles AI no problem. We once forgot to remove the AI skill module and had bCombat at the same time... it broke the mission lol. So you can only use one at a time.

Hope this helps.

At first i used this wiki page from BI to understand the skills, what they do actually.

The AI skill module works the same as the AI skill in Arma in general, its a more accessible and simple interface to calibrate your AI skills.

We now use bCombat server side (its in beta, it is said that its only for singleplayer but it does work very well on MP also) for AI skill. If you don't have anything else (i.e AI skill module from ALiVE) for AI skill, bCombat overrides defaults and handles AI no problem. We once forgot to remove the AI skill module and had bCombat at the same time... it broke the mission lol. So you can only use one at a time.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your kind reply, i better use another A.I. addons :)

---------- Post added at 19:39 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

Excuse me for more about bCombat, Should i place some .sqf in mission file? or just addons and userconfig fine in Arma3 folder :(

bCombat is only installed server side, no need to add anything to mission folder or clients addons. We use it on a dedicated server, never tried it on a local host.

Yo mates!

As addition i also can recommend ASR AI, which is also known to work with ALiVE!

Is it at all possible to rig an to create two BLUFOR sides, both with OPCOM modules but set as hostile to each other?

Not natively with ALiVE -it does nothing with the group configs or sides. You'd nee to make a custom config or some clever scripting to set one of the factions as an opposing force.

I dont understand why we have such a awesome mod but all the missions on the page are just little non persistent coop missions basically. I ve tried to make a mission based off a frontline and did but the people stay on their south or north borders and never cross to take objectives.

Wish someone would make something like MSO already :c

Those missions are just demos we knocked up for testing and were made before we released persistence, but all it would take is to add the database and player persistent modules. However, ALiVE is a mission making tool, so you can make whatever you want with it! Make sure you sync each OPCOM to all placement modules that you want it to know about - these provide the list of objectives for it to attack as well as placing units down, so if you don't sync them it won't know where the hostile objectives are. Four Ways demo mission is probably the best example of a full map, multi faction mission.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'make MSO' - ALiVE is made by the same team and based entirely on the same concepts. If you want a mostly static, whole map scenario check out the vid I posted a page or so back. That'll populate all the locations around the map for you.

How can i switch to another unit after been killed?

Hey Everybody,

For those groups using a game host like JestServers, we've now added support in War Room for you guys. Please test and let us know.

Thanks for your continued support!

ALiVE 0.6.8 is almost ready to ship, not long now. We have some goodies coming!

Cheers

Tup

Is there anybody out there who can explain how to do this War room feature with servers like Jest, we are using Fragnet but are having issues following the directions posted (possibly due to the fact that the direction are set for Dedi server only) - what do I need to do, obviously the servers like Jest and Fragnet DO NOT allow us to access the Route. Any help is appreciated - thanx.

Follow the instructions, should work fine for those servers now. Just place your alive.cfg in your game directory, not need for any root access at all.

Yeah I've done everything right in Alive I believe, followed everything as said and the people just stay in their objectives. Ive made a south marker for opfor to spawn and a north one for blufor to spawn, dunno if that has anything to do with it. When I make it 1 they just spawn all over and shoot eachother, not what I wanting wanting a frontline war.

I know these people made MSO just wish someone would start releasing some missions by "the pros" to go with this mod and no one does.

Edit: I think this is the right mission but here you can see how I have everything laid out but this is still basic compared to anyone else, I used Stratis cause it's small enough for me to see what Ai was doing but I plan on making it in Altis with more motorized, tanks, air, ect to have a actual battlefield I hope.. But I don't want it to be meaningless so hopefully it's just not pure frontline but actual flanking and supply damaging and stuff o:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/rz47f173hloo8zb/mission.sqm

Edited by Zaksle75

Units on map created by script and not "playable", description can't respawn me into them. This feature must be in mod.

Yeah youll either have to place a simple respawn script in your player's init line or place multiple units that you wish to play as and set them as "Playable".

is very good at explaining that.

I have a normal mission like "destroy a helicopter" and would like to generate enemies with ALiVE.

Always after I add the ALiVe Profile System, all the tasks are set to "completed". Any suggestions?

CommanderX - Set Profiles module to only profile synced units.

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

Zaksle75 - had a look at your mission. You're still not quite doing it right - as I said above, make sure you sync both OPCOMs to all placement modules. The placement modules have two functions: they create the objectives and then place units on them. OPCOM needs to know the objectives exist otherwise it won't attack them. In your scenario, the Mil Placement is restricted to the BLUFOR marker area, so will create objectives within that marker and then place units at those objectives. Blue's OPCOM will focus on Occupying and holding those objectives but it has not been told about any objectives in the marker area "THIS", so it won't do anything about them. To tell it there are objectives to attack, sync Blue's OPCOM to the Red Placement Modules. Do the same for REDFOR so it knows to Invade objectives in the marker area "BLUFOR"

You'll have better performance if you use no more more than one Mil Placement and one Mil Civ Placement per TAOR (marker area). Use the drop downs to add more troops and remember that the Force Weightings provide a balanced ORBAT already, so you don't necessarily needs to specify a separate armoured company (unless you particularly want to - nothing wrong with that, just takes longer to load).

Finally, the location of modules has an impact - OPCOM focuses on the nearest objectives first, so think of the actual location of the OPCOM module as it's HQ, with troops moving out from there. Combat Support units spawn at the module locations too, so they kinda need to be on dry land!

It takes a little getting used to, but once you've got your head around it you can do some very powerful things with ALiVE without needing any advanced scripting knowledge. Keep at it and very soon you'll be the pro posting missions up for people to use!

Just to know, did the 1.20 patch made a setback for your next release (0.6.8?) or its coming in the next few days? Can't wait to try it out!

Should be out soonâ„¢. Patch didn't seem to impact anything which is good, but there's some final bits of Persistence we need to nail down before it's ready.

Aight!

I was reading your previous post, about the locality of the modules in the mission, if i use custom objectives trought game logic, does the Military Logistics for reinforcements use these to respawn or they only spawn on the OPCOM? I had a game logic insade a fob we made trough the editor and we had a small issue were they spawned on the game logic and flooded our FOB, i tried to reproduce it but in vain, one of those obscure unique occurence.

The only noticeable thing that the patch affected was that the modules to spawn civilian vehicles now include Go-Karts, which as you can imagine, looks ridiculous in the Middle East and parked outside of people's houses in any map. I also heard that if you also use the CIV_F faction to spawn default Altis civilians, it now also spawns people suited up to race in Go-Karts (unconfirmed).