wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Is the Insurgency | ALiVE mission broken? It hangs Arma3 on my computer and crashes my dedicated linux box.

I'll have to come back to you on this one. But give me a few days since I have to set up a linux box for this. :)

In the meantime, what does the RPT say about all of this? :)

Ey i have a problem in the war room webpage. In Group details whn i click on 'Connect to game data' i receive a message: You don't have access to that group.

By a past problem we dont have any lead in our group. Could be this the problem?

We cannot manage the group result of the lack of leader. Thanks you very much for your help.

Who do you want as group leader? I can bump one of you up so you can admin it.

I have to say, props to you guys. Alive is really impressive, it has changed how we play completely and we are having a TON more fun with it.

With that said I had a few questions.

1.When using the CAS module, is it possible to use a different factions helicopter for support? The reason I ask is we have been using AAF for our faction, but would like to use the Kajman or possible another helicopter for air support.

2. Does the Millitary Logistics module actually create new units when that side's units die? It seems that each side gets fairly drained and they do not really receive reinforcements, but I may have something set up incorrectly.

3. Can you have any control or direction to the AI, for example if we spearhead an attack can we call for units from our faction to move up to support us or what will trigger them to move up and capture an area?

4. When you profile units you place with say Zeus or MCC, will those units actually be used by OPCOM? or will they just despawn and spawn where they were last seen?

Thanks again for such an amazing mod.

havent tried flying plane groups myself yet, so feedback on that would be cool!

They didn't make it. 2 x Su-35 set on criss-cross of Altis at default low altitude, max speed, echelon formation, 2 of their waypoints had "set fuel to 1" or whatever the command is from BIS so they can fly forever. They start in the far southeast. They were definitely flying in the profiler because they crashed at that hill just north of the main airbase. Possibly a profiling issue as I ghosted and teleported over there after finding a fixed wing NATO icon out of place via the admin profiler debug. Was on my dedicated server too.

Anyway, they showed up on the profiler debug, I teleported over there, after a bit they visualized...........................crashed.

I have to say, props to you guys. Alive is really impressive, it has changed how we play completely and we are having a TON more fun with it.

With that said I had a few questions.

1.When using the CAS module, is it possible to use a different factions helicopter for support? The reason I ask is we have been using AAF for our faction, but would like to use the Kajman or possible another helicopter for air support.

2. Does the Millitary Logistics module actually create new units when that side's units die? It seems that each side gets fairly drained and they do not really receive reinforcements, but I may have something set up incorrectly.

3. Can you have any control or direction to the AI, for example if we spearhead an attack can we call for units from our faction to move up to support us or what will trigger them to move up and capture an area?

4. When you profile units you place with say Zeus or MCC, will those units actually be used by OPCOM? or will they just despawn and spawn where they were last seen?

Thanks again for such an amazing mod.

1. CAS can use any friendly faction, just change the classname as desired.

2. Logistics is pretty basic at the moment and only tops up existing profiles - they can still be destroyed completely. The next major release (0.7) will have a full logistics system which will give players a lot more control over when, how and what gets replaced....and the opportunity to prevent it happening by interdicting logistics convoys of course.

3. There is no high command type element to ALiVE. Forces move when OPCOM sees an objective in his TAOR that is not held by his side, assuming he has enough forces left to do so.

4. All profiled units should be picked up and used by OPCOM.

Glad you're enjoying it!

Pugs - will look into how air groups are handled by profiles.

friznit - the problem with Air groups, Jets or Helicopters is it seems it won't maintain formation when they are re-visualised. so they just collide and crash.

You can see this with Individual Infantry units when they are visualised they all "Pop" out on the same location and then just move back into formation.

This does raise another issue - as it seems to work for Land vehicles, tanks etc, EXCEPT they revert to the normal "V" arrowhead combat mode formation, which sucks if you want them to be patrolling down a road in a column - say in Relaxed mode with all the crew turned out.

Anyway hope it helps

SJ

Probably a simple answer for my issue - when using the Middle Eastern Civilians (placed by either editor or ALiVE) the OPFOR Enemy units have a mixture of uniforms that include civilian attire....how do I stop the OPFOR getting what looks like 'mixed-up' with the civilians?

Thanx in advance :)

Thank you for the quick response. However, I was specifically asking about using a non-friendly faction Heli and having a friendly faction pilot it. Looking forward to the next release.

It's not possible to use non-friendly faction stuff with Combat Support - it spawns vehicles from regular configs, so there'd be no way to replace the pilot with a friendly chap (basically, what you see under the faction lists in the editor is what ALiVE sees too). The only way around it would be to create a config for the vehicle to change its side.

AI transport helicopters in ALiVE have a "Move" waypoint, so you can move them to a particular location. This leads to the question:

Why can't CAS helicopters be given a "move" waypoint?

Right now, if I click a location on the map for CAS helicopters to move to . . . they ignore my waypoint, come straight to me, and immediately engage enemy ground forces around me. It would be nice to have CAS helicopters move to a particular location on the map & standby, without CAS helicopters immediately coming straight to me & engaging the enemy (unless they come under fire, of coarse).

It's on the to do list, same as for fast air :)

For now you can send them SAD in a relatively safe area. But yeah, the AI is a little nuts on SAD I agree.

I was wondering if there is a way to exclude certain Aircraft from being spawned at Airports? With the Large Aircraft like the C17 they don't fit too well. :)

Who do you want as group leader? I can bump one of you up so you can admin it.

Eversmann or me could be perfect. Thanks a lot.

Helice - bumped you to leader and connected all 3 of you to the DB. I noticed your hostname is listed as "Server". Worth checking unless the host really is called that!

Kawa - They still work as far as I have tested - need to ensure you blacklist the correct classname and in all appropriate lists. If you get persistent errors please log a bug report with repro steps and we'll have a closer look.

Helice - bumped you to leader and connected all 3 of you to the DB. I noticed your hostname is listed as "Server". Worth checking unless the host really is called that!

Thanks it works now! About the server is the Windows hostname.

Oh one think... your modules just are awesome! ty for create alive.

Sorry Savage, thought that was already done: https://dev.withsix.com/issues/74528

Friznit2, I got the classnames from the allinone config file thus I'm kind of sure they are correct.

Here is what I added to my mission's init.sqf:

if(isServer) then {

// -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// override default data

// see script/staticData.sqf

["MISSION INIT - Waiting"] call ALIVE_fnc_dump;

waitUntil {!isNil "ALIVE_profileSystemDataLoaded"};

["MISSION INIT - Continue"] call ALIVE_fnc_dump;

// override static data settings

call compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\staticData.sqf");

["MISSION INIT - Static data override loaded"] call ALIVE_fnc_dump;

["CUSTOM BLACKLIST LOADED: %1",ALIVE_unitBlackist] call ALIVE_fnc_dump;

// -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

};

(yep, the folder actually is named scripts)

And here is a report on differences between my changes (highlighted in green) and the original file from main.pbo:

http://11rdp.fr/rdp/atelier/staticDataCompare.html

Do yo see any mistake?

OPCOM debug error already done and fixed for next update - thanks for the bug reports.

Kawa - I'll have to pass this on to the team, I'm not an accomplished scripter! I'll poke them tonight.

Nor I am obviously, thanks for your support Friznit ;)

oops yeah sorry I obviously didn't have enough coffee this morning :p

Nor I am obviously, thanks for your support Friznit ;)

From first look its fine, will check with rrrrrJay

I've been playing the AAF Insurgency map from the Alive site with a friend and it's a blast, but we'd like to modify the mission somewhat. In messing about in the editor, I've noticed that with the Profiler module debug turned on, when I teleport around to look at units, most of the profiled entities will disappear when I teleport within the spawn radius (vehicles seem to be an exception). Their numbered OPCOM waypoints remain, however. Is this expected behaviour, or is something wrong here?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is anyone working on a propper CTI mission using alive? Or would that be impossible? I know how you can set up a CTI'ish mission very easily with alive, and ive done that for myself on a very basic level with a couple of vehicles respawning in my base, VAS for gear, AI recruiting and some player respawning script i found which teleports your AI teammates to your base when you die. The thing is that my scripting knowledge ends when it comes to basebuilding, ai commanding, some sort of currency system and markers on the map which indicate what towns your side has captured.

Basically my dream is either crcti (kb edition) or becti with alive`s profiling system, otherwise untouched in its functionality.

Edited by Kavoriken