wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I'm noticing that the AI are a bit, well, thick. They seem to ignore me and my guys until they literally can't do anything but step on us. Additionally, they don't seem to do a right lot. Many of them seem to just stand around. Can anyone suggest what I might have done wrong, or maybe I should whack the AI skill for the guerrilla faction up to veteran? Does server skill level make any difference?

ALiVE does nothing to the AI unless you place the AI Skill module down, and that is a very basic skill slider. It needs to run server side! Low server FPS is by far the biggest cause of 'stupid' AI.

Again Greatest Arma3 App. to come along in all of the Arma series.

Just to burp out an idea - Might be cool to have a few off duty types around. Like soldiers without all of their gear or weapons on in a town or base. Just like officers walking around or in a briefing animation. Just would add to the realism IMO anyways. Maybe not a ligit request but just something I had noticed that was lacking in missions.

Great branding of your app too. :)

Edited by Needer

ALiVE does nothing to the AI unless you place the AI Skill module down, and that is a very basic skill slider. It needs to run server side! Low server FPS is by far the biggest cause of 'stupid' AI.

Well I'm getting the same on my machine in SP as in MP, and with my PC I very much doubt it's down to lack of "umph". I'll have a play about with the Skill module and see if that makes any difference. Last night we had a contact with a bunch of unarmed enemy, which was somewhat interesting. What happened to their weapons I don't know! :)

Is it possible to add a Killed EH to all Civilians spawned , would the class be Civilian ?

would this work and where would i pop this in the INI.sqf ?

class Extended_InitPost_EventHandlers {
    class  Civilian
    {
         init = " _this addEventHandler ['killed',{_this execVM 'civdeathpenalty.sqf'}]; 
     };
};

Edited by 1PARA{God-Father}

Well I'm getting the same on my machine in SP as in MP, and with my PC I very much doubt it's down to lack of "umph". I'll have a play about with the Skill module and see if that makes any difference. Last night we had a contact with a bunch of unarmed enemy, which was somewhat interesting. What happened to their weapons I don't know! :)

What mods are you running? As Fritz said usually low FPS causes dumb AI... any idea what your server FPS was during this time? You could also try running @ASR_AI mod for Arma 3...

What mods are you running? As Fritz said usually low FPS causes dumb AI... any idea what your server FPS was during this time? You could also try running @ASR_AI mod for Arma 3...

HI Savage, I'm only using ALIVE, CBA and the F18 mods. Nothing AI related at all. Not sure what the server FPS would be, it's hosted using the server exe on my PC, and then I connect using same PC. I realise this shares resources but it is exactly the same in SP mode, previewing a mission from the editor.

On your server instance you can enable an admin password (done in your server.cfg file check here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg)

Try enabling this then when you connect to your server type in group chat:

#login password

#monitor 5

This will display your server's FPS in sidechat every 5 seconds.

Also if you're running both on the same PC make sure you assign each .exe to different cores (2 cores per .exe).

Thanks. I already have an admin login, I'd forgotten about #monitor. thanks for your help, I'll test it later.

Charliereddog,

If you made the mission before the last Alive Update, try deleting then replacing the Alive Modules. Had a similar issue and doing this fixed it for me.

:cool:

Quick question: Does the persistence option work in the profile module? I tried to enable it, in a local host it worked but on the dedicated it doesn't load any profile, CQB appears but there is nothing else. I use the database module also.

Should be working as long as you have an account on ALiVEmod.com and your server details properly set up there as per the Wiki guide. If you can't get it to work or think it's a bug, please post it up on our issue tracker so we can take a look.

Ill try to do it in a barebone mission before posting this as a bug, just to make sure its not my error. We do have our server well setup and database is linked correclty (8e Brigade Section, [8eBG]), ill check this out this week end.

Edited by Ophelian
typo

Just thought I would post to say thanks for an amazing mod, I use it for every mission I make.

I seem to be having an issue. When I install ALiVE, when I go into the expansion menu in-game to activate the mod, there's always 2 ALiVE mods.

When I activate one and restart, sometimes both are activated, sometimes only one but when that happens it tells me that the scenario is dependent on a mod I don't have (which is ALiVE).

I'm I supposed to have 2 ALiVE mods in my list?

If not, anyone has a clue why is this happening?

EDIT : I just noticed that CBA is also doubled.

Sounds weird! You sure you don't inadvertently have two lots of those mods installed, or a second folder with an addons subfolder hiding somewhere?

Mind you, if it works it shouldn't be a major problem. The alternative is to use the command line method (-mod=@cba;@alive) or a launcher like ArmA3Sync to do the hard work for you! I generally find this more reliable than the in game mod activation thing.

Edit: Wow, 300 pages. ALiVE is certainly getting rather more attention than we anticipated when we started down this road, and we're only half way there!

Please keep the bug reports coming - another release with updates to Persistence and the first part of Logistics soonâ„¢ :)

Sounds weird! You sure you don't inadvertently have two lots of those mods installed, or a second folder with an addons subfolder hiding somewhere?

Mind you, if it works it shouldn't be a major problem. The alternative is to use the command line method (-mod=@cba;@alive) or a launcher like ArmA3Sync to do the hard work for you! I generally find this more reliable than the in game mod activation thing.

Edit: Wow, 300 pages. ALiVE is certainly getting rather more attention than we anticipated when we started down this road, and we're only half way there!

Please keep the bug reports coming - another release with updates to Persistence and the first part of Logistics soonâ„¢ :)

Wierd, indeed! Yeah, I only have 1 @Alive and 1 @CBA folder.

I don't like the command line method much because I'm switching mods on and off quite a lot.

What's that thing about ArmASync ? I've heard BI is in the making of an official launcher but I didn't know there was a community one already existing. Does it circumvent the annoying problem that you have to actually launch the game, switch some mods on/off the need to restart the game? That would be awesome!

And congrats for the 300th page! :)

ALiVE is fantastic!

You will always have to restart the game when switching mods on/off, no working around that! There are several community launchers which make mod management very easy - SixUpdater and ArmA3Sync are both popular choices.

Hi Alive band,

is it anyway to hide such hint at game start (debug is off of course):

31a388e9a867400b069bdb91cd55de82.png

All the best

Noticed this myself in the latest build. It shouldn't show if debug is off so is likely a defect - please can you log a ticket on our bug tracker about it so we don't forget to fix (I can't access the thing at work unfortunately)? Thanks!

Hey team, will there be a way to wipe mission data on the db? I'm having trouble with my ALiVE Altis mission for the Lowyat.NET (LYN) group. The TAOR markers on dedi server environment aren't clearing up but work fine in listen server environment.

The Wiki explains how to start a mission with a fresh dataset: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=ALiVE_Data

What do you mean by the TAOR markers not clearing up?

When the mission has finished alive init in dedicated server. If a player were to check his map he would see the TAOR markers. But on a listen server with the same mission, the TAOR markers aren't present. I've been checking to see if I've left behind any extra markers but that doesn't seem to be the case.

*Edit*

Seems that the objectives take longer to spawn for dedicated. Could just be my machine. All good now.

Edited by t3quila

Is the Insurgency | ALiVE mission broken? It hangs Arma3 on my computer and crashes my dedicated linux box.

EDIT:

Sorry, I know that post was sort of vague. On the dedicated linux box it says I cannot play/edit the map because required mods have been missing or deleted and then lists 10 or so ALiVE modules including alive_main. I know @alive is on the server, and is the latest version (through PWS) and my -mods line is "@cba_a3;@alive;" with all other mods taken out just for testing. But if I add the other mods I use back to the -mods line, nothing changes and it still just lists the ALiVE modules as missing in the server console.

I also do not have this issue with Pyrgos Assault ALiVE. That mission runs perfectly.

Edited by psyrixx

Sacha's mission so I'll poke him for you and see if he can check it.