wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Hi guys,

since recent patch,i noticed the option in profile module to spawn profiles around player in plane.

Does that infact spawn all profiles on the ground now when i do a fly by?am i reading that correct?

Also i beleive i while back you guys said that wasnt implimented because it would be very stressfull to the game or soething along those lines.If i use it and set the spawn distance to a thousand say,should i expect major lag or slow downs or anything of the nature?

Thanks

Yeah thats why its off (0) by default for jets. But if you want jets to spawn the troops, just set to your preferred spawn distance :)

Yeah thats why its off (0) by default for jets. But if you want jets to spawn the troops, just set to your preferred spawn distance :)[/quote

Thanks highhead,

Listen is there any chance i could upload my mission to you guys again,with arma3 mod free bar alive and cba,my placements still dont initilize after sometime of saving in editor and previewing.

But i noticed something that may or may not make sense to you guys; whenever my placements do not initilize,in the bottom left hand side of the screen in the water,there are 1 blufor 1 AAF and 1 csat rifleman swimming in the water and have a profiled number on them when viewed in the map.

Might be normal or the sign of why things still aint working,anyway considering i already uploaded mission to you guys before maybe if its worth taking a look at somebody could when they have time.Couls be normal but i dont ever notice it when i get placements to work

Thanks

I've build a mission with ALIVE which works fine, as long as I'm hosting it on my local system. As soon as I try to run in on a windows dedicated server, the opcom modul doesn't seem to work. OPCOM does not place any waypoint for units under its comands. The rpt-log shows the following messages:

OPCOM side: WESTWARNING! Max. duration exceeded!state OPCOM: analysisstate TACOM: waiting for dataduration: 1607

OPCOM side: EASTWARNING! Max. duration exceeded!state OPCOM: analysisstate TACOM: waiting for dataduration: 5260

Raskil

For sure OPCOM does work on a dedicated server so there must be something wrong with the mission. Do these errors appear right after mission startup? Are you sure you have units spawning for OPCOM to control? Have you tried a simple test mission with one OPCOM, placement module on dedi?

Remember that you will see waypoints for profiled groups but not for those that are actually spawned in on the map.

I couldn't find an answer to this in the FAQ or wiki, apologies if it has already been answered. Is there a way for mission makers to access by script such information as the objectives/locations held by each side and the total number of men currently existing (both real and virtual) on a side?

I don't think any of those functions/etc have been 'revealed' yet but I'm sure they will be in time.

Hey all! I see that progress has been really good lately! :P. Any update on the War Room/Persistence stuff? Just curious to see how its turning out ;D Looking forward to the next release of ALiVE! :p

Yes. I've been told it's Coming Soonâ„¢

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

I've got a problem with whole squads falling from the sky. This is on Takistan. Not sure about other maps.

Maybe lay off the Guatemalan Insanity Peppers? :p Seriously though I've never seen that one can you PM me a repro? What units were you using?

Edited by SavageCDN

For sure OPCOM does work on a dedicated server so there must be something wrong with the mission. Do these errors appear right after mission startup? Are you sure you have units spawning for OPCOM to control? Have you tried a simple test mission with one OPCOM, placement module on dedi?

Remember that you will see waypoints for profiled groups but not for those that are actually spawned in on the map.

I don't think any of those functions/etc have been 'revealed' yet but I'm sure they will be in time.

Yes. I've been told it's Coming Soonâ„¢

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Maybe lay off the Guatemalan Insanity Peppers? :p Seriously though I've never seen that one can you PM me a repro? What units were you using?

WHAT?! I'm using my Mediterranean Operations units. And, they're supposed to spawn on the road apparently, because that's where they fall. I'll try to get a video for you later today. But they end up spawning in the sky and falling to their deaths. It's got to be something with my code I'd assume, either that, or with Takistan.

WHAT?! I'm using my Mediterranean Operations units. And, they're supposed to spawn on the road apparently, because that's where they fall. I'll try to get a video for you later today. But they end up spawning in the sky and falling to their deaths. It's got to be something with my code I'd assume, either that, or with Takistan.

Sorry bad Simpsons reference ;) Try with just vanilla units to see if it does the same. Are you using @AiA or @A3MP to run Takistan?

Just want to add my 'thank you!' to the chorus. Really wonderful tool you folks have brought.

Thank you to everyone involved.

I have been playing around with editor placed vehicles setting up convoys with move waypoints set to safe mode, what i have noticed is that when vehicles are de-spawned they do not stay on the roads and go cross country, they do stay on roads with vanilla game, also when they do spawn in they do not maintain formation and spawn in all jumbled up and have to re-organize themselves doing 5 point turns etc, thats not such a concern and realize that may be the best it will get as i also notice foot units spawn back in out of formation and need to reset themselves, of course im testing with very short spawn radius of 300-500.

Anyway i notice there is no spawn radius option for vehicles so maybe this is still being worked on? apologies if its been mentioned before.

EDIT: Also i noticed editor placed vehicle groups do not enter vehicles when moving to long distant waypoints, this true for all vehicles including air.

No other mods, latest stable A3.

Edited by Katipo66

Thanks again for all the help! Been having a blast with ALIVE! I was wondering if setting the CQB module from 5% to 10% would impact the overall performance and FPS? (not on a dedicated server, being hosted on my comp). I get really paranoid about the performance so it's hard to tell if it makes an actual difference or not :P, it seems like it does lower the FPS but I dont know if Im just being paranoid about it or not

Is there a way to (manual) add military locations? this setVariable ["priority",50]; this setVariable ["size",150] adds only Civ locations for me......sorry if it ask already......thread is so big over the time^^

And how can i place the HQ in a specific location?

Edited by TeilX

Are you testing on a dedicated server ? if the server is missing the map but you have it that could cause what you are describing...

Happens to pubbies who come on our server without the map, they just fall from the sky.

SJ

---------- Post added at 01:46 ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 ----------

Quick question from me.

I have a civi area spawning Middle eastern Aggressor units and then some CSAT units pulled in from a Military Module. They are both mapped to an Opfor OPCOM and the opcome is set to the manual variable (i.e. the one to control custom units, can't think what it is, but the ME Aggressors classname) The Aggressors are ordered around as they should be.

However, how can I get it to order the CSAT troops around as well ? It only seems to be able to control the custom mapping when you are using a Non Standard NATO/CSAT/REb etc ?

SJ

Is there a way to (manual) add military locations? this setVariable ["priority",50]; this setVariable ["size",150] adds only Civ locations for me......sorry if it ask already......thread is so big over the time^^

And how can i place the HQ in a specific location?

It doesn't place military or civilian locations. It marks an objective.

Thanks again for all the help! Been having a blast with ALIVE! I was wondering if setting the CQB module from 5% to 10% would impact the overall performance and FPS? (not on a dedicated server, being hosted on my comp). I get really paranoid about the performance so it's hard to tell if it makes an actual difference or not :P, it seems like it does lower the FPS but I dont know if Im just being paranoid about it or not

It really depends on the particular town your in.Pay attention to the sudden lag in that said town or even village when your there alone in the editor,should give a good indication of FPS you may get with more bodies in their.

I beleive pathfinding may be more strenious in certain settlements and will contribute more to lag.I usually run 10% unleess im in an area that i cant fly over in heli without slight performance drop.

Test mission, if anyone is interested. How to get units to "spawn" outside of towns and bases? Put the game logics in an existing TAOR (make the TAOR larger if necessary!), make the force size of the MP big enough to "populate" all of them... the included example is one MCP set at force size of 400 but I tested it with 1200 too ;) If the locations are in very difficult to reach areas it may take them a minute or two to move there and I have not yet seen what happens when you have a second OPCOM and opposing force on the map; i.e., other TAORs that the OPCOM might wish to "invade" or otherwise "occupy". More experiments to come. YMMV!

Altis with six game logics, one MP and one OPCOM.

Here is what it looks like in the editor:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2d6rsw7.jpg (151 kB)

Here is what it looks like in the game, less than a minute after previewing the mission in the editor:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ivy547.jpg (214 kB)

The test mission on Altis in case you want to play with it yourself! :) (Must have ALiVE and CBA loaded! Have only tested on Stable 1.10, not DEV)

http://www.filedropper.com/logictestaltis

Eager to give it a try, great finding Oktyabr!

The mission ain't available anymore though, could you please reupload it?

By the way, I would like to give my squaddies some time to set up, circa 5-6 minutes, before the OPFOR come in. Would you guys know anyway to do it?

Thanks for any help you could provide.

Is it possible for you guys to add an even lower height for the insertions? putting it for 20/50 still makes you take damage when dropping into the water with a diving kit.. possibly a 10/50 height option if possible

Is it possible for you guys to add an even lower height for the insertions? putting it for 20/50 still makes you take damage when dropping into the water with a diving kit.. possibly a 10/50 height option if possible

It's best making someone helocast at 300km/h. Splat! :D

I have been playing around with editor placed vehicles setting up convoys with move waypoints set to safe mode, what i have noticed is that when vehicles are de-spawned they do not stay on the roads and go cross country, they do stay on roads with vanilla game, also when they do spawn in they do not maintain formation and spawn in all jumbled up and have to re-organize themselves doing 5 point turns etc, thats not such a concern and realize that may be the best it will get as i also notice foot units spawn back in out of formation and need to reset themselves, of course im testing with very short spawn radius of 300-500.

Anyway i notice there is no spawn radius option for vehicles so maybe this is still being worked on? apologies if its been mentioned before.

EDIT: Also i noticed editor placed vehicle groups do not enter vehicles when moving to long distant waypoints, this true for all vehicles including air.

No other mods, latest stable A3.

Hi,

Logistic convoys are not yet implemented, though vehicle groups and tank platoons move around the island as regular inf troops do too!

Simulation of virtual units doesnt do sophisticated pathfinding for performance sake but the vehicles are put to view on near available roads, and continue to move on the roads. This is something we are doing research and WIP on. For the infantry in motorized groups not boarding vehicles we already have a ticket.

I suggest you place some vehicles in editor for now, give em some waypoints and just dont virtualise them.

I suggest you place some vehicles in editor for now, give em some waypoints and just dont virtualise them.

Ok thanks, will do.

Polaris, i put in a lower insertion height for you! Will be in upcoming update!

You can descent to 5 mtrs now (was 20 before).

Hope I could help :)

PS: check PM

Polaris, i put in a lower insertion height for you! Will be in upcoming update!

You can descent to 5 mtrs now (was 20 before).

Hope I could help :)

PS: check PM

Perfect! Thanks so much! and I checked but I don't see anything D:

EDIT: Scratch that. I got it!

Hi Alive team,

PLZ disregard last post about alive mp and cp not working.

It turns out i miss read your description from last patch regarding mp and cp initilizing in briefing screen.Basically the first time i tried it it worked so i assumed it initilized instantly.However iv discovered within the briefing screen it can take up to 10 minutes.

Could be my cpu or that is how it is supposed to work,got a bit impatient testing and overlooked simple patience while testing.Resolved and now playing alive problem free.Thanks again for testing my mission anyhow.

I did have a question regarding the custom factions also,massi altered something so african rebels and usmc would work with alive-is he/you implementing his mas_rus_spet spetznas faction anytime also?or should it also work now?

thanks

Hey,

I've used BTC Revive a lot of times, but I just can't get it to work on my ALIVE mission.

Anything special needs to be done to get it working (not using multispawn, but I am using profile system, which I know interferes with vehicle respawn scripts if used incorrectly.)

I've tried the SP showcase mission 'Foursome'. Everything works fine and it definitely shows the potential ALiVE has. The only problem is that there's just no way to save the game. Is saving disabled because it wouldn't be compatible with how ALiVE works or can you somehow enable it?

I've tried the SP showcase mission 'Foursome'. Everything works fine and it definitely shows the potential ALiVE has. The only problem is that there's just no way to save the game. Is saving disabled because it wouldn't be compatible with how ALiVE works or can you somehow enable it?

You canenable save games with the enable save true command in an init file of game logic or unit within the mission,however you haveabout a 1/5 chance of the game crashingdue to memory issues.

Also upon reload opcom will cease to work aka not give any move orders

Also just by having ALIVE installed,your saves will be disabled even without the modules from ALIVE,so use the init code enablesaving true;" (i think thats it,ceck the wiki) And im not sure but i dont think you will get crashes by saving without opcom/alive modules placed,i didnt but maybe one of the devs could confirm that for you.

Its a pitty we cant save as i only play SP but get past it and get comfertable for a 2hour or so sit down:)

Edited by redarmy

Hey,

I've used BTC Revive a lot of times, but I just can't get it to work on my ALIVE mission.

Anything special needs to be done to get it working (not using multispawn, but I am using profile system, which I know interferes with vehicle respawn scripts if used incorrectly.)

See Pyrgos Assault demo mission!

It has BTC revive in!