nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Hello guys,

Having tested your mod on some big server, I can truly say that I am fond of it, so much that I would like to use it with my own community. However, we use Mumble, an open-source and powerful voip similar to Teamspeak.

I spent a few hours looking for plugins for Mumble that would be compatible with this mod, but except a post on github from nkey that said you were going to look into it, I found no clue of a compatibility between TFR and Mumble. Is there a plugin available that would do the trick? I really hope there is, for not using TFR would be a huge problem for us :'(

idk... Guys who run it took a brake and I'm trying to sort it out until tomorrow's OP. I guess it was done by server provider so it unclear for me...

One guy with the same problem solved it, saying:

"After verifying files on server, there was an update that had not been installed yet. After updating, the errors have disappeared. There are still a massive amount of missing semi-colon errors during initialization, though. I'm guessing that has been reported already, but I have not searched specifically for that yet."

One guy with the same problem solved it, saying:

"After verifying files on server, there was an update that had not been installed yet. After updating, the errors have disappeared. There are still a massive amount of missing semi-colon errors during initialization, though. I'm guessing that has been reported already, but I have not searched specifically for that yet."

Yeah I saw that one yesterday, but still have no clue how to verify servers game cache. Today we gonna have an OP, and until that I need to fix this, otherwise we have to ditch TFAR for time being. Maybe there is an eta on 9.1? Yesterday I checked the logs and was shocked when I found >200Mb rpt. 1/3 of that was those reported TFAR errors...

Yeah I saw that one yesterday, but still have no clue how to verify servers game cache. Today we gonna have an OP, and until that I need to fix this, otherwise we have to ditch TFAR for time being. Maybe there is an eta on 9.1? Yesterday I checked the logs and was shocked when I found >200Mb rpt. 1/3 of that was those reported TFAR errors...

Version 0.9.0 should be ready soon (almost done at the moment).

Try to ask you server hoster to verify game files because they are looks broken.

thanks for the patience and for narrowing it down for me...

Problem solved - verified servers game cache and everything is back on track. Awayting v9.x :)

Edited by nsnipe

Hello guys,

Having tested your mod on some big server, I can truly say that I am fond of it, so much that I would like to use it with my own community. However, we use Mumble, an open-source and powerful voip similar to Teamspeak.

I spent a few hours looking for plugins for Mumble that would be compatible with this mod, but except a post on github from nkey that said you were going to look into it, I found no clue of a compatibility between TFR and Mumble. Is there a plugin available that would do the trick? I really hope there is, for not using TFR would be a huge problem for us :'(

Same here. We use mumble in our games and would like to see TFR working with that. At the moment we have this for mumble and AMRA3 https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mumblelink using the directional and positionally attenuated VOIP function of Mumble in Arma 3, which does a good job, but is just built for direct speech. There are several reasons why players and clans prefer mumble and dont like to use teamspeak, because of of its better audioquality, the better audiocodec, better systemusage (RAM, CPU), performance and the spirit of free open source software. In addition mumble is stable as a rock. AS TFR seems to be open source as well you will understand what I mean :)

Me and my m8s, and many others for sure, would apreciate a TFR-plugin for mumble. Please think over it :)

cya guys

Mumbles functionality is extremely limited. You'd have to code and compile your own mumble client to add the features you want or need. Blips and Bloops or a DSP for radio effects are not possible with mumble.

Mumbles functionality is extremely limited. You'd have to code and compile your own mumble client to add the features you want or need. Blips and Bloops or a DSP for radio effects are not possible with mumble.

They aren't possible in TS either. You still need your own DSP libs.

Uh thx guys for the informations, but noubernou could you explain to me what that means? Where is the differente between Not possible in mumble and Not possible in ts?

nkey and LordHeart, any thought on this? Not being able to use TFR breaks my heart a bit more everyday. :'(

nkey and LordHeart, any thought on this? Not being able to use TFR breaks my heart a bit more everyday. :'(

I have some thougths regarding Mumble support, but it is not in plan for now... Maybe in future...

I've just noticed: The briefing entry that explains the controlls isn't being updated with the actual controlls changed by the userconfig. That'd be great if you could look into that.

I've just noticed: The briefing entry that explains the controlls isn't being updated with the actual controlls changed by the userconfig. That'd be great if you could look into that.

It is static text for now....

Uh thx guys for the informations, but noubernou could you explain to me what that means? Where is the differente between Not possible in mumble and Not possible in ts?

There isn't anything in Mumble that makes it impossible. It is more of question if the code that works in TS can be made to easily work in Mumble. TS has very verbose APIs for what you can do with the audio data, network events, etc that make it easy to code for. Mumble might not have those or have them in a way that requires you to significantly change how the systems for TS work.

I highly recommend (empathetic and forcefully) to set tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true; as a default setting in TFAR.

Official missions or missions programmed without specifically keeping TFAR in mind are nearly unplayable if the TL loose their backpacks all the time.

They aren't possible in TS either. You still need your own DSP libs.

Well, at least you don't have to recompile your teamspeak client to use them. :eek:

Edited by Goomer
minor completion

@pergor, the next version allows setting of default value for tf_no_auto_long_range_radio in the user config on the server. This should help in that regard.

Hi nkey, sorry to bother you: I would like to use the dev version to make some test so I build the 2 pbo from the github without problems but I don't know very well what I've to do to build the dll, I've to use visual studio?

Hi nkey, sorry to bother you: I would like to use the dev version to make some test so I build the 2 pbo from the github without problems but I don't know very well what I've to do to build the dll, I've to use visual studio?

Yes, install VS 2013 Express Edition (it is free). Maybe it will required to change some paths in build setup, because my TS and Windows on disk F: instead of C: :)

Also, make sure you disabled debug version pipeline named: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/master/ts/src/plugin.cpp#L41 (currently it is enabled in debug version).

Also, please do not public pbo\plugin build before release - it need to be carefully tested before a lot of people can use it safely.

Edited by nkey

Yes, install VS 2013 Express Edition (it is free). Maybe it will required to change some paths in build setup, because my TS and Windows on disk F: instead of C: :)

Also, make sure you disabled debug version pipeline named: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/master/ts/src/plugin.cpp#L41 (currently it is enabled in debug version).

Also, please do not public pbo\plugin build before release - it need to be carefully tested before a lot of people can use it safely.

Thanks, no it's only for personal use ( and curiosity :-) )

@pergor, the next version allows setting of default value for tf_no_auto_long_range_radio in the user config on the server. This should help in that regard.

perfect! :)