Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

Damage system sucks - fix needed

CSAT soldiers seem to be wearing nanosuits. They still take atleast 3 shots, which wouldn't be so bad if there was any penalty involved with being shot. But I just can't handle shooting a guy 2 times in the chest, just so he can turn around and headshot me in 1 second!

@TSAndrey

Uhm that's the whole point. We are supposed to be the underdog fighting a technological superior enemy this time.

The material that you can see on their lower arms cover the whole body up to the neck beneath the textile camouflage clothes. Its an air conditioned armor suit.

@TSAndrey

Uhm that's the whole point. We are supposed to be the underdog fighting a technological superior enemy this time.

The material that you can see on their lower arms cover the whole body up to the neck beneath the textile camouflage clothes. Its an air conditioned armor suit.

No, BLUFOR can take more damage, players died faster because IA make everytime headshot, but BLUFOR soldier can take 1-2 shot more than OPFOR. :)

No, BLUFOR can take more damage, players died faster because IA make everytime headshot, but BLUFOR soldier can take 1-2 shot more than OPFOR. :)

No, OPFOR has the best armor:

Decreased OPFOR advanced uniform protectiveness of extremities for it was too powerful. Still, it protects comparatively better than other uniforms.

You just can't make enemies so tanky in a millitary simulator, especially if there are no wounds!

Nowadays I start doing controlled pairs...that is I always fire two quick shots at abdomen to ensure disabling my opponent...

My guideline in Arma games is that "if he's not done falling, I'm not done shooting!"

AI Damage is really bad, much worse than Arma 1 or 2.

If you use noise supressor in your weapon, enemy AI could eat 8 or more shots before die. It has not sense.

In Arma 2, a couple of shots in the leg and the enemy had to lie down, one or two shots in the chest... enemy down. 7.62 mm and 1 shot 1 kill.

Also, enemy always knows where are you, although you are hidden behind a wall or a rock.

My guideline in Arma games is that "if he's not done falling, I'm not done shooting!"

"Chortles failure drill"

I like the new system for PvP at least. People are dropping like they used to. It feels good again.

I noticed AAF consistently needs 3-4 to take down on latest stable.

No, OPFOR has the best armor:

You just can't make enemies so tanky in a millitary simulator, especially if there are no wounds!

No sorry, me and others make tests about body armor, search in the first pages of this topic. :)

It is worse: Blufor body-armor is even more tanky then opfor.

They need to decide how they are going to balance the gameplay.

If they are going to add a wounding and suppression system, then the armor is ok in the long run. This would be the most realistic outcome.

If they aren't, then they need to adjust it for a lack of such. Since the AI can't be wounded, death needs to happen sooner to simulate incapacitation and injury.

I haven't played this game since it got ruined in mid-December. Did they fix bullet damage yet or does it still take 5-8 shots to kill AI & then they turn around and 1 shot you?

They need to decide how they are going to balance the gameplay.

If they are going to add a wounding and suppression system, then the armor is ok in the long run. This would be the most realistic outcome.

If they aren't, then they need to adjust it for a lack of such. Since the AI can't be wounded, death needs to happen sooner to simulate incapacitation and injury.

If they have some dedicated server compatible system of TPW Fall or something, that would be nice for the armor side. If you shoot the AI first, they should at least be stunned, knocked down, or something instead of turn around and instantly shoot you with full accuracy. A guy who just got shot must be stunned or shocked and shouldn't be able to shoot back with full force.

Never the less, the old HP system's outdated for an armor system. Players do have the punishment of rougher recoil while AI have spot on accuracy and even when shot up.

Just some way to implement knock backs from TPW and even suppression would be nice.

Vehicle damage system needs some love. I accidentally drove AMV intoa 100kg rock at about 30-40km/h and my hull, engine, turret and all front wheels blew off completely (how is that even possible?). I think an armored vehicle like that shouldn't really give much about a rock that weights as much as a big guy. How can a dinky weakling APC like that be any good in combat? Also blowing it's tires with small arms is way too easy. Wheeled vehicles seem to be only good at being death traps at the moment.

Vehicle damage system needs some love. I accidentally drove AMV intoa 100kg rock at about 30-40km/h and my hull, engine, turret and all front wheels blew off completely (how is that even possible?). I think an armored vehicle like that shouldn't really give much about a rock that weights as much as a big guy. How can a dinky weakling APC like that be any good in combat? Also blowing it's tires with small arms is way too easy. Wheeled vehicles seem to be only good at being death traps at the moment.

There's also a problem with RPG AOE damage. My friend fired an RPG shoot at an ATV and a guy was next to it, yet the ATV was intact and the guy survived!

id like to see a small improvement in the jet damage moddels, such as rather than bouncing across the floor fully intact.. the wings fly off dependant on the force of impact, E.G 1 being low impact 10 being higest, plane falls out of the sky flat down but moving at a gliding pase and hits the floor at a 4 in the impact scale.. the wings are damaged but not flung off, the plane hits the floor at max speed with the wing contacting the ground first and BOOM 8 or 10 on the scale and the wing flyes off... it would really add to the feel af arma 3 and make it feel that much better than seeing a fully intact flaming jet boucing about the field.

id like to see a small improvement in the jet damage moddels, such as rather than bouncing across the floor fully intact.. the wings fly off dependant on the force of impact, E.G 1 being low impact 10 being higest, plane falls out of the sky flat down but moving at a gliding pase and hits the floor at a 4 in the impact scale.. the wings are damaged but not flung off, the plane hits the floor at max speed with the wing contacting the ground first and BOOM 8 or 10 on the scale and the wing flyes off... it would really add to the feel af arma 3 and make it feel that much better than seeing a fully intact flaming jet boucing about the field.

I think it is impossible for another 3 years because even VBS3 has no detailed damage moddel for air plane. So what a pitty. You see the twin engine chopper and plane in ARMA/VBS, when you damage one of the engines and then the vihecle loses its total power and goes crash.

I think it is impossible for another 3 years because even VBS3 has no detailed damage moddel for air plane. So what a pitty. You see the twin engine chopper and plane in ARMA/VBS, when you damage one of the engines and then the vihecle loses its total power and goes crash.

But maybe more hitzones could be added to planes besides hull. For example if you had a left wing, hull and right wing. The wings would act similar to wheels on a car. When they are destroyed they disappear. Add in some special "Parts flying effects" and it might look like the planes wing has broken off when it crashes wing first or has its wing shot up too much. Maybe.

But yeah it probably isn't as simple as that. I don't know how much flying vehicles are handled differently from land vehicles.

The current bodyarmor system would be great IF there would be an ACE like bleeding system, so you would have to care about getting shot.

But I lost all my hope about this game. There was such a huge potential, but the DEVs only cared about the visual aspects...

They could fix many problems like this one without a large effort, but they just seem to be lazy.

Love Arma 3 - Hate firing at the enemy for them to twitch, bend over backwards, pop back up and head shot me with one round, lol

I was firing at an OPFOR yesterday and he did a full rag-doll cartwheel then took me out with one hit, pmsl

Now it looks like every time I fire at an AI unit he will bend backwards so the back of his head almost touches the floor and then pop back to his kneeling position and light me up.....this process needs to happen 5-6 times before you get a kill (even head shots).

Am I missing a massive 300+ page thread moaning about this? ;)

The system must change or damage the game disappointed many players. I mentioned in another post about the damage to the body of the IA when hit by a shot especially in the legs and arms and is basically ridiculous, has no effect on IA. Receive impacts in these areas of the body is like a blow up and the animation is like if you bang into a stick. And to top the IA is able to move normally and can even run.

This video says it all: http://youtu.be/94dEQX4J_Jc

Finding=Totally ridiculous system damage when receiving a bullet in the bodies of the IA.

Edited by Metralla

Due to the state of the game I've been away from Arma for some months now...still keeping an eye on development hoping to see this “hit†system improved. But I am very disappointed to realize that the game didn’t evolve anywhere near that direction since release.

This “hit†system is at the core of the game and you focused on introducing features like Zeus and a Kart minigame instead...is this a joke? Man I am so glad I purchased the supporter edition.

BI do something about that hit system. It feels like playing a paintball videogame (though we would maybe see some more effects upon impact on a paintball videogame...you know what I mean).

At least acknowledge our request! Answer something...feels like you're not listening the community.

Will you really ignore this tread?

Hope not.

Edited by 50.cal

The system must change or damage the game disappointed many players. I mentioned in another post about the damage to the body of the IA when hit by a shot especially in the legs and arms and is basically ridiculous, has no effect on IA. Receive impacts in these areas of the body is like a blow up and the animation is like if you bang into a stick. And to top the IA is able to move normally and can even run.

This video says it all: http://youtu.be/94dEQX4J_Jc

Finding=Totally ridiculous system damage when receiving a bullet in the bodies of the IA.

Oh god, suppressors are so broken. They turn the rounds into nerf darts.

Just for the sake of it and because it's so hard to accept this game became rubbish, I've tested the material penetration bootcamp from the latest beta.

Even with a 50 cal I couldn't kill the dummies while aiming at their weapon.

It reacts just like a magic shield and absorbs every bullets. Ever tried to kill an AT ai? It's even harder due to the magic shield stopping all bullets coming from behind(due to the AT weapon) and the rifle stopping most bullets comming from the front.

Also the hit detection fails to records at least 40% of my hits... I found myself aligning at least 5 dummies one in front of the other from prone position at a distance of 20 meters with a full 6.5 rounds mag loaded but when I unlished this huge firepower on them in full auto I just to realize that the game didn't registered half of the shots and that the other half was stopped by these famous magic shields resulting in ZERO kill and a single head shot in return.

This game is definitely ruined!

FIX THIS!

Edited by 50.cal