Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS-Studios Modeling WIP Thread, help needed

Hello,

so many of you just know me by "the sound dude" and yes, I'm mainly doing sounds. I'm good in making sounds but not so good in modeling. So after a while I got interested in modeling and I just started to learn Blender.

Though my models are far away from being A-class and I'm far not a pro in such things, but I managed some models to look at least a bit like their real life counterparts. But, as you know, I'm working on JSRS mainly and really running out of time doing multiple things, but modeling is really fun to me so I need to continue working on my skillz. So lets come to my problem here: I cannot UV Map them, I cannot texture them, I dont know sh*t about O2 and I barely have ANY time learning myself into such things.

So many may ask now: "Why doing it then?" I can tell you why, because those models are my OWN! And I'm kinda proud of them, even if I see models around the forums here that makes me speechless, I kinda think my models at least earned a chance to see real ingame life :)

Let me show you some of my models so far, all of them are for the a Mod I'm a part of.

(Click the Pictures to enlarge)

Glock 34 Gen4 <-&-> Galil 5.56mm Short Range, Tapco 5.56 Mag, MagPul STR Black Stock, front Muzzlebreaker

Glock%20G34.jpgGalil%205.56%20Shortrange.jpg

Galil 5.56mm Long Range, Tapco 5.56 Mag, MagPul STR Black Stock <-&->Galil 7.62mm Long Range, US Palm AK30 Mag, CheekRest System Stock

Galil%205.56%20Longrange.jpgGalil%207.62%20Longrange.jpg

XCR 5.56mm Long Range Rifle <-&->M14 JAE 100 Model, Magpul extension, Rail update

XCR%205.56.jpgM14%20JAE%20100%20Model.jpg

Negev NG7 <-&-> MG3 Modernized Stock and Rail System

Negev%20NG7.jpgMG3%20Modernized.jpg

I'll keep it sorted and will make a second post with the vehicles I did so far. This is going a bit too big here and I certainly getting a ticket for that^^

So yes, as mentioned, thats where I am with them right now. And I'm stuck, I can't get on with them mostly. As I said, I cant UV Map or Texture them, neither I used O2 so far. So I'm asking, if there is maybe someone who can help me to UV Map or Texture them? Since I think, in my opinion, its way cooler saying we did everything from scratch instead of just retextured things.

Please, if there is anyone able to do UV Maps (Those files are from Blender though) and maybe even texture them, let me know. This is a giant and long term project, so single requests of making just one single weapon or vehicle wont work for me. I need someone to work with, someone who wants to take this seriously, we need a Partner here! So yes, maybe a model artist since those know about UV Mapping. If we would have decent UV Maps, texturing wouldn't be that much of a problem afterwards I think. But the UV Maps are ... hardcore :(

Please help me out guys! This should not be something like a "Hey I gave you JSRS now give me something in return" or so^^ But I know this is the best community in the world and we can get things done when working together, I believe in that.

Thank you very much!

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

And here are the vehicles:

(Also here, click to enlarge)

Patria Pasi X180

Patria%20Pasi%20XA180%20MG3%20Turret.jpg

CV 9030N 30mm Bushmaster <-&-> CV9030N AMOS Mortar

CV%209030N%20Final%20A1.jpgCV9030N%20AMOS.jpg

CV 9030 MkII Bofors Tow Update<-&-> CV 9030 MkII Bofors AA Gun

CV9030%20MkII%20TOW.jpgCV9030%20MKII%20Bofors%20AA.jpg

CV90 BAE 120T Evolution<-&-> Leopard 2A6M (plus Cage and Shovel)

CV90%20120T%20BAE%20Final.jpgLeopard%202A6M%20Final.jpg

Extended Leopard 2 Hull + PzH2000 Turret, 155mm

LeopardPzH2000_A1.jpg LeopardPzH2000_A2.jpgLeopardPzH2000_A3.jpg

Edited by LordJarhead

Nice glad to see finally a ASTFOR thread.

And I'm very glad to see that you're as good with a sound file as a 3D file.

Dude these models are actually very good! Impressive for someone who Just started to learn this stuff.

You´ll really have to tell me what exactly this Astfor mod is about, because I see a lot of cool vehicels and weapons there.

These look very cool indeed, I really like them already. Looking forward to see your progress! :)

If you keep up with this kind of work, it'll be more than one drink x)

Awesome!!

I'll talk that through with John later today and will specific informations in the first post. Though this thread is just about my models, not the entire mod itself yet, since John wanted to make his own thread certainly soonish. I just want to cover my part and I think its really sad seeing those naked models not really making it into the game yet...

LJ

Dude, those models are A+-Class!

Edited by RedPhoenix

And now I just got really excited. Rk 95, Sisu XA-180, CV90, AMOS? And a cross-flag? :)

Will the faction consists entirely of gear and vehicles developed by / in use in the Nordic Countries?

Edit: or is it actually a Patria XA-203? Filename sure seems misleading :p

Edited by SandyBandy

And now I just got really excited. Rk 95, Sisu XA-180, CV90, AMOS? And a cross-flag? :)

Will the faction consists entirely of gear and vehicles developed by / in use in the Nordic Countries?

That is not a Rk 95 btw :D

Yes as mentioned, they are close to real life counterparts but with extensions like Top-Side-Railsystems and such. I'll put some names on the pictures!

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Edit: or is it actually a Patria XA-203? Filename sure seems misleading :p

You will find out further information in the near future.

Edited by R0adki11

CV 9030 MkII Bofors Tow Update<-&-> CV 9030 MkII Bofors AA Gun

Wouldn't those by definition be CV9040, if they have a Bofors gun?

Super models though mate. All of them.

Hell you are good, those all look great.

I've tried blender and couldn't make heads nor tails of it. I guess I am way too analogue :(

Keep it up, delicious stuff you got there

Awsome! Cv90 nice! keep it this way! , maybe CV9035! i love it , make the Door at the back able to open ! , keep doing awsome work!

CV 9030 wooo!

If you ever finish it, make sure it has that lovely diesel engine sound ;)

CV 9030 wooo!

If you ever finish it, make sure it has that lovely diesel engine sound ;)

Right man on the right spot in this case, heh? ^^

So I was working on a Arty vehicles lately.

Extended Leopard 2 Hull + PzH2000 Turret, 155mm.

LeopardPzH2000_A1.jpg LeopardPzH2000_A2.jpgLeopardPzH2000_A3.jpg

Some very impressive stuff there LJ. Really liking these vehicles.

Not only sound Lord but also modeling Lord. I'm sure your work will be the same quality as your sound mod :)