Enricksolt

Advanced Cockpit Interaction

I appreciate you're looking forward to this mod but please, if you're in dire need of a status update, don't spam the thread but contact the author directly through PM. Thank you! :)

Oh my word, Enrick. This certainly looks amazing! Can't wait for the download. Any estimates on when there will be a download out?

I also just wanted to say, will this addon have compatibility with John_Spartan's splendid F/A-18 addon? Link here, incase you don't know the addon: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22594

can u do this for the normal vehicles? i hate that u dont have a real cockpit in the tanks in arma 3. At first the Marshal... there the mirrors dont work so u cant see anything -.-

I appreciate you're looking forward to this mod but please, if you're in dire need of a status update, don't spam the thread but contact the author directly through PM. Thank you! :)

Tried PM'ing him. Still no reply, after nearly 2 weeks. Apparently his latest activity was 2 minutes ago. It'd be nice if Enricksolt could release an uppdate as to what he is doing. Last update was apparently on the 6th of September. Over 3 months ago. If he's not working on this anymore, why not release a download? If he is still working on it, why not release a download and then update it later? It's such an amazingly simple yet immersive mod/addon. Can't wait.

Ummm he doesn't owe you anything ! Pestering an author is not good in any way, shape or form, and can really piss people off.

If it doesn't get released so what?

Guys, the creator of the A-10 for ARMA 3 Mod ( Peral ) has managed to make the best cokckpit interaction implementation i´ve seen yet.

You could contact him ( Peral ) to get you the info and knowledge to make the vanilla vehicles with interactive cockpits or your own vehicles !

Edited by Jake_Krieger

Guys, the creator of the A-10 for ARMA 3 Mod ( Peral ) has managed the best cokckpit interaction implementation i´ve seen yet.

You could contact him ( Peral ) to get you the info and knowledge to make the vanilla vehicles with interactive cockpits or your own vehicles !

Acutually that kit was developed by Franze and Nodunit for their AH-64D addon for Arma 2.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22320

Franze is the one who helped Peral intergrate this into his A10. Also, I doubt that it would be possible for the vanilla vehicle because you need to match it up with a model. Which in this case was possible for Peral because he has created the A10 from the ground up. All the vanilla vehicles are all finished though. Its gonna be a lot harder to do the same.

Peral DIDN'T create the A-10 from the ground up, it's there in the ArmA sample models pack that has been around for a few years. But, you are correct in the fact that you need to have the .p3d model to create memory points which allow you to fetch data as to where your character's center point of view is looking at. In most cases, the models inside of vehicles and cockpits don't have anything other than a .paa image to simulate a panel with instruments. Therefore, people have to go into the cockpit section and create physical switches, knobs, etc.

I believe someone just released a tutorial on an almost step by step process on creating a "clickable" cockpit in the ArmA 3 Editing: Config and Scripting section.

Peral DIDN'T create the A-10 from the ground up, it's there in the ArmA sample models pack that has been around for a few years. But, you are correct in the fact that you need to have the .p3d model to create memory points which allow you to fetch data as to where your character's center point of view is looking at. In most cases, the models inside of vehicles and cockpits don't have anything other than a .paa image to simulate a panel with instruments. Therefore, people have to go into the cockpit section and create physical switches, knobs, etc.

I believe someone just released a tutorial on an almost step by step process on creating a "clickable" cockpit in the ArmA 3 Editing: Config and Scripting section.

Yes, I'm using the A-10A from the sample models, But I did recreate the cockpit from the ground up, and made changes to the outside of the A-10 to convert it to a A-10C.

Yes, I'm using the A-10A from the sample models, But I did recreate the cockpit from the ground up, and made changes to the outside of the A-10 to convert it to a A-10C.

Yes, Peral DID put a lot of work into what he's got in-game as of now. I only meant that anyone could've taken on the A-10A, or any other sample model and complete this higher level of interactivity. It would be nice to see more people take the initiative and help makers such as Peral, NodUnit, Franze and Enricksolt convert old sample models into more in-depth type of vehicles to help BIS out.

Unfortunately you can't work on the vehicles memory points itself..not legally.

Theoretically, a workaround could be to create an invisible cockpit with memory points. Then that could be added to the aircraft via attachTo. Not sure if it work, but it would be similar to the concept of the drivable train from Arma 2.

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

Tried PM'ing him. Still no reply, after nearly 2 weeks. Apparently his latest activity was 2 minutes ago. It'd be nice if Enricksolt could release an uppdate as to what he is doing. Last update was apparently on the 6th of September. Over 3 months ago. If he's not working on this anymore, why not release a download? If he is still working on it, why not release a download and then update it later? It's such an amazingly simple yet immersive mod/addon. Can't wait.

Jeesh. It's one thing to be enthusiastic, it's another to be demanding. I often don't release any updates at all because I don't want people getting too worked up and angry if it takes longer than I anticipated to finish something.

I suggest being helpful, encouraging and constructive in what you write. Believe me, the comments that everyone writes makes a difference on the progression of an addon.

Right you are. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170122-Key-Interaction-Cockpit-Interaction-Tutorial Though I'm not sure what you mean about helping BIS out...they have to operate by a strict set of rules, it is far more fun to break those rules.

Theoretically, a workaround could be to create an invisible cockpit with memory points. Then that could be added to the aircraft via attachTo. Not sure if it work, but it would be similar to the concept of the drivable train from Arma 2.

Might not need to, as mentioned in the above tutorial.

Edited by NodUnit

Ummm he doesn't owe you anything ! Pestering an author is not good in any way, shape or form, and can really piss people off.

If it doesn't get released so what?

Nonetheless, if you have a playable build why not release it? Surely it's better for everyone concerned.

And if it doesn't get released, then that's a real shame. Looks like a good mod.

You don`t known If this is playable, it might crash something in game etc.

and even if it is. if he likes to not release it even that would be his right. why would he give a fuck? i have an idea. send him 500 bucks and see if it helps ;). someone is just suffering from a severe stalker exgirlfriend syndrome. best to ignore and not encourage the weird logic :p

Nonetheless, if you have a playable build why not release it? Surely it's better for everyone concerned.

And if it doesn't get released, then that's a real shame. Looks like a good mod.

Just because the build is playable doesn't mean that it is to the degree that the author wants it to be, or simply thinks it is not ready.

Oh my word, Enrick. This certainly looks amazing! Can't wait for the download. Any estimates on when there will be a download out?

I also just wanted to say, will this addon have compatibility with John_Spartan's splendid F/A-18 addon? Link here, incase you don't know the addon:

Strike 1, 2, and 3.....

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Posting "any news" or "is it out yet" type posts are also spam. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, Post Restriction and/or formal warning.

And by the way Enricksolt.. this is looking awesome.

Edited by Meatball0311

Just because the build is playable doesn't mean that it is to the degree that the author wants it to be, or simply thinks it is not ready.
This right here. I can offer a first-hand perspective on this; I've gotten the F-35B running as an Arma 3-native mod with conventional and VTOL flight using Arma 3 weapons, but there's still animation issues such as the lack of moving ailerons, elevators, rudders, and landing gear -- and "probably improperly placed" gun memory point for the muzzle flash -- that preclude me from feeling that it's ready to publicly release, a 'cannot load material file' error, and I'm not even sure if I even got the flight model right due to its tendency to float left or right in auto-hover, or to veer left or right when going down the runway for a conventional takeoff... so I don't even feel that it merits a WIP thread or screenshots yet.

There's "playable", and then there's "good enough to release", as one can see from how long it took for DayZ to publicly release in standalone form...

Keep up, astonishing work, there is anyway to make this mod in a way even mods can be affected?

Hi everybody, where can i find the dowload link for A.C.I. mod? did search on forum, youtube and google but cant find the link..

Thank you!!

Hi everybody, where can i find the dowload link for A.C.I. mod? did search on forum, youtube and google but cant find the link..

Thank you!!

This is not released yet. Thats why it is in "Addons & Mods - Discussion". Once the Author will release the Mod, it will be moved to "Addons & Mods: Complete" and then you will find a Download link in the Topic, most likely in the First Post.