Sign in to follow this  
Marioshata

There should be multiple jets in the release version

In order for your "the community will make the missing planes" argument to work, those community-made planes should actually be a common sight both in SP and MP. That, however, is not the case. Instead of downloading a mission and knowing there's a good chance you get to use or at least see that gorgeous addon plane, you have to deliberately search for missions that require that addon, and when playing online you sure as hell can't just join a random server with your addons because an overwhelming majority of servers don't have them. A community-released F-35 would never reach the same level of use as an official one.

Yes you'r right, its obvious that the reason for this discussion is the lack of content on the vanilla game that force some player to add some extracontent by themselves, this of course will precloude the possibility to acces some servers that run vanilla game, but in the end what you expect I tell you after your statement? Simple, DO WHAT U WANT, u can keep on asking on this forum for new models, you can just play the game the way it is with limited content, or you can add extra content to your game to play on your own private serverwith your temamate or at least try to find some server that support the extra content you have installed. Don't complain with me about this things of the compatibility of addon on some server because I know exactly what the problem is. What I was talking about is, and I repeat just for you... ...I hope too to see new planes coming in the future if not I will keep on downloading addons, and... ...You don't like modding, then just stick to vanilla ArmA and continue to ask on the forum for new content, nobody force you to mod. What I wanted to mention since my first post is that Modding simply give the player another solution, you can like it or not.

Edited by mac81

I guess it will be the F35 and the Pak Fa - because CSAT got mostly russian side vehicles

or the SU-35S/SU-37

Edited by RobertHammer

You obviously haven't read Rock's opinion on modding in ArmA3 with the SWS and License agreements.

No I've not, the rksl mention in my previous post was just to highlight how high is the quality of their works and wasn't for sure my intention to get in a discussion involving SWS or license agreement.

I guess it will be the F35 and the Pak Fa - because CSAT got mostly russian side vehicles

Those are the most likely, but they're darn boring imo.

For me, there are obvious ways to narrow it down. They have to be CAS roles first, dog-fighters second. One has to have distinctly Western design, the other Warsaw Pact or even some of the less common prototype European units, and in general bigger and more powerful than AAN's Buzzard. I'd much rather see something brand-new than a future version of a unit we've already seen in past Arma games, though this is unlikely as it's much easier to model something you've done before and got all the reference materials.

I'd choose for NATO:

Either the Rafale or an original daring hybrid of existing US jets like they pulled off with the Mi-48 (No F22/F35 design input as their airframes are so boring to look at).

nRafale.jpg

For CSAT:

The Rafale again (France was going to sell them to Libya until they bought Migs instead) or a "future" Saab 35 Draken

draken230ea116pk2.jpg

Yes I like the idea of the rafale on the CSAT side! The F22 for me would be the best solution for Nato side... ...or why not the EFA!

You can't have a Rafale OPFOR vs Rafale BLUFOR! :P

It was an either/or choice :p

It was an either/or choice :p

'Twas the joke ;D Although I think maybe something a tad more eastern than the Rafale for OPFOR, as it's similar to the EF2000 and I certainly wouldn't regard that as something the OPFOR would have obtained xD

Iran has a number of light attack craft designs based on the F5

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/85/Northrop_F-5E_%28Tail_No._01557%29_061006-F-1234S-073.jpg (250 kB)

A J-20 would be cool to see

A PAK-FA would be awesome to see in OPFOR Hex camo too

I like F-5 and specially his last enhanced variant the F-20D Tigershark Agile

Draken start to be really old now

So the artists top priority now from the SITREP is creating jets for opfor and Blufor! Great to see BIS continuing the additions of content from what happened with the previous games!

For those of us with the game already, the actual release of it is just an extra big patch. For those considering buying it when it's released, it doesn't have a campaign, or as many assets to play with as previous titles did at release (AFAIK). Doesn't seem much to get excited about if you don't already own it.

this. I am puzzled by their decision to "release" the game in its current state. it's probably tied to their deals with various distributors and the need to begin selling physical copies of the game, or something. but it doesn't look well

also, they should definitely add one of these:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2b/Northrop_YF-23_DFRC.jpg/800px-Northrop_YF-23_DFRC.jpg

Edited by sorophx

CYrb5pv.jpg

QIlqvxr.jpg

Here are some leaked photo's of Bohemia's senior artists latest work in progress on the new aircraft that they are hard at work on!

Holy shit after reading this I am PISSED beyond all belief.

I have been a mission maker since ArmA 1, my whole clan is based around ArmA. To find out that there will be so few aircraft and hardly any content is so freaking absurd.

They better make a patch where there is a direct link between ArmA 2 and 3 so I can just load my content in like its an add-on, because ArmA 3 has almost no content.

Not only is there no content, but they didn't even deliver on half the shit they promised us when they delayed it for Phsyx. Hell, the whole reason I bought ArmA 1 back in the day, is because I saw a box where the guys were fast roping out of it and I thought it was cool. Its now been 6 year since I bought it, and they stated it would be in the game finally, and they let me down again.

I know they are using the " a lot of issues during development" but that is no excuse to release a shell of a game. Please don't make the same mistake that every other major company makes. Delay the game and give us more content on release on a later date. As of right now I have lost interest in ArmA 3. I will continue to make missions around ArmA 2 until I see more content. I know there is a great mod community but the time it takes a Mod team to release vehicles compared to the ArmA 3 dev team is much much longer. Unless the ACE team gets us out some good vehicle packs and soon.

I was willing to wait for a mod for weapon resting and fast roping, but this is stupid. I use to be against the idea of an in game mod downloader for servers, but now it seems necessary because every server is going to have so many mods to fill in the game of missing content.

Basically this whole game was screwed over because of Physx... and converting from v2 to v3. Seems like Phsyx was the biggest waste of time and the worst decision.

They better do just like Eugen (Wargame: Airland battle makers) and release all their DLC for free at this rate. Because I will be so angry if I have to pay for Aircraft that were initially stated to be in the launch and no longer are. And I don't mean the LITE stuff we already had. I mean the DLC needs to be free. Between the people who payed for the Supporter and digital delux edition to help development, and the continued delay of content because of all of this, and the big promises given a year ago. Not to mention the huge boost in ArmA 2 sales thanks to DayZ. Charge us for some future campaigns, that I am fine with. but aircraft and vehicles better be free.

Edited by Kocrachon

Here are some leaked photo's of Bohemia's senior artists latest work in progress on the new aircraft that they are hard at work on!

You beat me to it :D ! I was going to make a meme of exacly that!

I honestly would be impress (if not AMAZED)if they manage to put the PAF-KA and the "counterpart" F-35A, although TBH those are fighters and the whole idea is to have jets as multi-role towards CAS roles.

One thing that would blow me away would be the Grippen, not quite sure if CSAT can get-develop a facsimile, but it would be a beast indeed for NATO, thinking and coming up with a fixed wing that makes those roles in 2039 is hard to predict for the OPFOR, PAF-KA seems a bit too much, maybe a J-17 could fill that role.

Still, if they put the PAF-KA BI would get ALL my money, it sucks that all logic indicates that it wont be due to it's characteristics.

(how people compare it to the F-35, their role and capabilities are WAAAYYY different, a match for it would be an F-22, and even that would struggle, no idea how a PAF-KA would be a CAS and would operate in such scenario, this is not Battlefield, at least here the bother to make some research about actual plane roles and what fits into what, hence the lack of CAS fighters, is just .... logical, future multi-role fighters are not designed for CAS, only multirole missions, that's all, people should get the scope of things sometimes, geez).

Holy shit after reading this I am PISSED beyond all belief.

I have been a mission maker since ArmA 1, my whole clan is based around ArmA. To find out that there will be so few aircraft and hardly any content is so freaking absurd.

They better make a patch where there is a direct link between ArmA 2 and 3 so I can just load my content in like its an add-on, because ArmA 3 has almost no content.

Not only is there no content, but they didn't even deliver on half the shit they promised us when they delayed it for Phsyx. Hell, the whole reason I bought ArmA 1 back in the day, is because I saw a box where the guys were fast roping out of it and I thought it was cool. Its now been 6 year since I bought it, and they stated it would be in the game finally, and they let me down again.

I know they are using the " a lot of issues during development" but that is no excuse to release a shell of a game. Please don't make the same mistake that every other major company makes. Delay the game and give us more content on release on a later date. As of right now I have lost interest in ArmA 3. I will continue to make missions around ArmA 2 until I see more content. I know there is a great mod community but the time it takes a Mod team to release vehicles compared to the ArmA 3 dev team is much much longer. Unless the ACE team gets us out some good vehicle packs and soon.

I was willing to wait for a mod for weapon resting and fast roping, but this is stupid. I use to be against the idea of an in game mod downloader for servers, but now it seems necessary because every server is going to have so many mods to fill in the game of missing content.

Basically this whole game was screwed over because of Physx... and converting from v2 to v3. Seems like Phsyx was the biggest waste of time and the worst decision.

They better do just like Eugen (Wargame: Airland battle makers) and release all their DLC for free at this rate. Because I will be so angry if I have to pay for Aircraft that were initially stated to be in the launch and no longer are. And I don't mean the LITE stuff we already had. I mean the DLC needs to be free. Between the people who payed for the Supporter and digital delux edition to help development, and the continued delay of content because of all of this, and the big promises given a year ago. Not to mention the huge boost in ArmA 2 sales thanks to DayZ. Charge us for some future campaigns, that I am fine with. but aircraft and vehicles better be free.

Read the SITREP man, content will come with the post-release patches. They aren't going to charge for it, and they never said they were going to.

Considering A3 is meant to have an "infantry focus" I'd rather have them fix being infantry first than add a load of jets..

PAK-FA*

and oh boy, here we go again: you can't have infantry combat over 270km^2 of terrain without other assets that work. It'd literally bore people to death by the time they reached their objective (no offence)

I would prefer more transport aircraft than fighters, better for missions and like Comp_uter15776 says it will boring walking and even driving everywhere to objectives all the time.

I would prefer more transport aircraft than fighters, better for missions and like Comp_uter15776 says it will boring walking and even driving everywhere to objectives all the time.

Don´t we already have choppers for that. Though a C130 that can actually carry/transport a couple tanks would be okay.. if they are able to land on the small soft airstrips in Altis, otherwise transport choppers (with vehicle lift) will be the way to go.

Same here as Liquidpinky, if I have to choose between more fighters or a transport, gimme the transport.

Don´t we already have choppers for that. Though a C130 that can actually carry/transport a couple tanks would be okay.. if they are able to land on the small soft airstrips in Altis, otherwise transport choppers (with vehicle lift) will be the way to go.
not agree with that because a chopper can't carry a 40tonns tank even a C130J can't carry a tank:

Crew: 3 (two pilots, and one loadmaster are minimum crew)

Capacity:

92 passengers (128 for C-130J-30) or

64 airborne troops (92 for C-130J-30) or

6 pallets (8 pallets for C-130J-30) or

74 litter patients with 2 medical personnel (97 litters for C-130J-30)

2–3 Humvees, or 1 LAV III (with turret removed) or an M113 armored personnel carrier

We nee a tranport aircraft that can carry and drop a tank.

Maybe a "future" version of the