.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

;2376520']

@ DrFragg

Can you be more specific please or provide a simple test mission or video?

Uh it's happening on all missions and even in the map editor. The PMC and BAF content now apparently isn't here, I can't spawn or use any of the content despite the fact I own it and have been using it for a few years now in Arma 2.

My Arma 2, OA, BAF and PMC are all retail and installed in their respective normal directories.

Is there a way to get my mod maps like @fallujah to run with AiA?

Fallujah works fine with AiA, I just added the mod folder to the list and it loaded up OK. Looks great to with the new lighting :) but it's a little worse for Z-fighting.

Somehow, i can't set up an dev build aia server (not dedicated, but -server). I am using the latest AIA version (2013-04-15) and the exact same mod line, i set up to run AIA with the stable build.

No problems with the stable build, but switching to dev build breaks it. We can host gameserver locally, no problems there on dev build..

I had added my mod folder, when what I needed to do was add @fallujah, does look very nice, not on the dev build so I'm curious to see how the new lighting works with it.

Ok, this is the problem.

http://i50.tinypic.com/5ctuc.jpg

i use some pond of PMC.

Thank you!!! i just loaded PMC as a mod and the bug is gone, i got to say FATA is looking ridiculously awesome with the new sky and lighting!!!

i cant wait to see it in action!!! i really hope the PR folks get into it, this time and maybe choose a little less ambitious but more productive aproach thistime.

PR began as minimod wich basicly just tweaked some weapon parameters for BF2, do you guys really have to reinvent the wheel with arma?

anyway i hope you will find a way to make you stuff accessible to arma3 in the future, im really looking forward to it because FATA is really a map that lives up to PR mapping standards, i guess even a lot of armaheads dont even know.

how do you feel about the new look of your map?

p.s. hope you dont mind i played around a littlebit with your map (some people seem to be a bit sensitive in that matter :P)

and kju, thank you for you help and for AiA, too awesome!!!

First I would like to thank kju for this great work!

Unfortunately I have the same problem as described above when I use custom islands as a mod.

http://abload.de/img/2013-04-19_00001gqqk8.jpg

I have A2: CC.

How can I load PMC as a mod?

Edited by alpa72

Unfortunately I have the same problem as described above when I use custom islands as a mod.

I have also had this same issue... full ARMA2 CO with full BAF/PMC/ACR

-VRCRaptor

Great Mod, thanks kju.

I thought I was fairly computer savoy, but I can't seem to get the Mod to work 100% correct. I've read the majority of posts on this thread and I still can't troubleshoot this Mod. I keep getting the "You don't have CBA_A2 installed" when I go into preview on the Editor.....I have Combined Operations with all the CBA's loaded for it (and in ArmA 3, it shows I have CBA_A2 in the expansions). Also, I can't seem to port in other Islands, ACE, or the Average Mod from ArmA 2 to ArmA 3. I've tried the .bat file idea....that didn't work; I've used Sickboys "Play with Six" and it still won't load everything and I always get the "CBA_A2" error. I've read that people have ported Fallujah, but I can't get it to port over.

When I use PwS, I only have "All in Arma" + "CBA_A3" in the Mod list, yet PwS still loads all the mods in the game that are attached to with the "@" symbol in the "My Documents/Arma3" file. I've also tried to use the "Start Parameters" and it still doesn't load in properly. I've noticed that some people have bought ArmA 2 on Steam; All my ArmA stuff was brought on the CD and I downloaded it on the C drive under "programs/Bohemiainteractive/Arma2". Could this be the problem? Not sure.

I bet my problem is something simple that I'm overlooking. I did order the "Supporters Edition" so if I need to download the ArmA 2 version from Steam, I can....if this will help. Anyway....HELP!!!! :p

Thanks.

Edited by rehtus777

Made a tutorial on how to install it with a manual install with the launch.bat.

A play withSix tutorial won't be needed I hope though.

I'm getting random crashes, especially when using the editor. Any ideas?

I start the game through a bat.file and have the following parameters:

echo off

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -showScriptErrors -noSplash -nopause -world=Stratis "-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arrowhead;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arrowhead\Expansion;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3;@AllInArma"

pause

Here is my rpt file - maybe someone can help:

arma3_2013-04-21_12-22-43.rpt

and again 2 images - here you can see that in one moment the water is on the ground and in the other its in the air :j:

2013-04-21_00001mgrop.jpg

2013-04-21_00002p5oz8.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:08 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

I'm getting random crashes, especially when using the editor. Any ideas?

I start the game through a bat.file and have the following parameters:

echo off

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -showScriptErrors -noSplash -nopause -world=Stratis "-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arrowhead;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arrowhead\Expansion;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3;@AllInArma"

pause

I guess it should look like this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -showScriptErrors -noSplash -nopause -world=Stratis "-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arrowhead;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arrowhead\Expansion;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3;@AllInArma\Core;@AllInArma\PostA3"

@alpa72 @VRCRaptor:

i just run PMC as a mod, not sure if i left some files out but i get an errormessage anyway, it causes no problems as far as i can tell tough.

@alpa72 @VRCRaptor:

i just run PMC as a mod, not sure if i left some files out but i get an errormessage anyway, it causes no problems as far as i can tell tough.

But how do you run it as a mod?

I have a PMC folder in A2 OA, nothing with a @.

I also added it to the modline like I did with @namalsk for example, but it didnt solve the problem...

Made a tutorial on how to install it with a manual install with the launch.bat.

A play withSix tutorial won't be needed I hope though.

Yes, thanks for the post noobwar, but I already tried that .bat file when it was first posted and it still throws those errors.

I'm starting to think that the problem is with the Combined Operations setup in the C file area.... for some reason it's not working 100%. I've tried everyone's ideas and I still get:

"Running A2 content but missing @CBA-A2, please install and enable @CBA_A2, or disable A2 content."

Most people here seem to be running two separate programs: 1) ArmA 2; 2) ArmA OA. It seems that most are using a Steam link.

So, I guess I'll download ArmA 2 and ArmA OA from Steam .... I'll see if that fixes it. The problem might be coming from the CBA files and how it interacts with Combined Operations / All in Arma. But what do I know, I'm no Sickboy when it comes to this stuff. :p

Note...here is the .bat config I used and it did not work properly....it still throws the CBA_A2 error: {echo off

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe\Expansion;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe;@AllInArma"

pause}

As you can see, ArmA 2 and ArmA AO are in the same C: file because that is where Combined Operations put them.

"Running A2 content but missing @CBA-A2, please install and enable @CBA_A2, or disable A2 content."

Sir, try this bat code:

rem
rem 		Since your A2 and OA were installed on same folder, use same path
rem

set ARMA3_PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3
set ARMA2_PATH=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2
set ARMA2OA_PATH=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

rem		Edit your profile name

set DEFAULT_PARAMETERS=-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A3
set DEVELOPMENT_PARAMTERS=
set PROFILE_PARAMETERS="-profiles=%ARMA3_PATH%" "-name=YOUR PROFILE NAME"

rem
rem DONT MODIFY ANYTHING BELOW
rem

cd /D "%ARMA3_PATH%"

arma3.exe %DEFAULT_PARAMETERS% %DEVELOPMENT_PARAMTERS% %PROFILE_PARAMETERS% "-mod=@AllInArma\ProductDummies;%ARMA2_PATH%;%ARMA2OA_PATH%;%ARMA2OA_PATH%\Expansion;%ARMA3_PATH%;@AllInArma\Core;@AllInArma\PostA3"

exit

See to it that you have @AllInArma, @CBA, @CBA_A2, @CBA_OA, @CBA_A3 folders inside the root Arma 3 folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3) before you launch the game thru the batch file.

Edited by asuseroako

Sir, try this bat code:

rem
rem 		A3 on Steam, A2 and OA on same folder so, no adjustments needed
rem

rem		Adjust your parameters specially your profile name

set PROFILE_PARAMETERS="-profiles=%ARMA3_PATH%" "-name=YOUR PROFILE HERE"

rem
rem

cd /D "%ARMA3_PATH%"

arma3.exe %DEFAULT_PARAMETERS% %DEVELOPMENT_PARAMTERS% %PROFILE_PARAMETERS% "-mod=@AllInArma\ProductDummies;%ARMA2_PATH%;%ARMA2OA_PATH%;%ARMA2OA_PATH%\Expansion;%ARMA3_PATH%;@AllInArma\Core;@AllInArma\PostA3"

exit

See to it that you have @AllInArma, @CBA, @CBA_A2, @CBA_OA, @CBA_A3 folders inside the root Arma 3 folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3) before you launch the game thru the batch file.

BINGO!!! You're a Genius. Thank you.

The Only error it throws now is: Script initJIPcompatible.sqf not found :confused:

As for ACE and other Mods, Islands, and Mission.... how do you put them in the .bat file? Do you put them after the Default Parameters right behind the CBA's or do you have a better suggestion? I've read through quite a few of these posts, but I never really got a list of which Mod's work and which don't.

Again, thanks for the fix.

Thank you.

The Only error it throws now is: Script initJIPcompatible.sqf not found :confused:

As for ACE and other Mods, Islands, and Mission.... how do you put them in the .bat file? Do you put them after the Default Parameters right behind the CBA's or do you have a better suggestion? I've read through quite a few of these posts, but I never really got a list of which Mod's work and which don't.

Again, thanks for the fix.

You're welcome. I glad the sample batch file worked for you.

As for the Script initJIPcompatible.sqf not found error, you are not alone. I also encountered that like what I have stated in my previous post. I guess we'll have to wait for kju's reply regarding that issue.

Maybe you can try inserting the @SampleModFolder to the custom mods section like this:

rem
rem 		Since your A2 and OA were installed on same folder, use same path
rem

rem		Define your additional modfolders in this section

[color="#FF0000"]set CUSTOM_MODS=@SampleModFolder[/color]

rem		Edit your profile name

set PROFILE_PARAMETERS="-profiles=%ARMA3_PATH%" "-name=YOUR PROFILE NAME"

rem
rem

cd /D "%ARMA3_PATH%"

arma3.exe %DEFAULT_PARAMETERS% %DEVELOPMENT_PARAMTERS% %PROFILE_PARAMETERS% "-mod=[color="#FF0000"]%CUSTOM_MODS%;[/color]@AllInArma\ProductDummies;%ARMA2_PATH%;%ARMA2OA_PATH%;%ARMA2OA_PATH%\Expansion;%ARMA3_PATH%;@AllInArma\Core;@AllInArma\PostA3"

exit

i copied the pmc folder into the arma3 dir, put an @ in front of it, finito!

Unfortunately this didnt work for me. I always get this error message:

failn1py7.jpg

its the first file in my PMC\addons folder...

and the waterline bug is still present...

Unfortunately this didnt work for me. I always get this error message:

http://abload.de/thumb/failn1py7.jpg

its the first file in my PMC\addons folder...

and the waterline bug is still present...

yes i get errormsgs too, but they shouldnt cause problems, anyway you dont need all the pbo files from PMC copied to the modfolder, get rif of "air", "language" and "language missions". (maybe you can delete even more but i am not sure about it)

if you did all this and still have the water bug, then maybe you have a problem similar to what i had, but not related to PMC stuff on you custom map, but stuff from some other content, what custom map are you trying to fix?

Does the download page of the map shows any requirements to run the map, like certain DLC or other usermade stuff?

dont know just an idea