.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

rem

CAA1 crash ARMA 3

CAA1 doesn't crash arma3: i have it and i play on it with no problem...

@ TYRAN

I’ve been using it with no problems, seems fine, maybe try with PWS for now..:)

@ TYRAN

I’ve been using it with no problems, seems fine, maybe try with PWS for now..:)

Yepp -tis the easiest way :cool:

I have a silly question, guys. I'm not really able to heavily PC game based on personal circumstance, but what I was wondering if this was possible or at least planned. Regarding campaigns, are the ones from previous games applicable to be played in ArmA III? The reason being is that regarding the CAA1 project, my goal was to offer ArmA I's campaigns to ArmA II, but if this project is also planning that but for ArmA III, I may as well cancel my efforts. Unless of course it isn't, but there's a ton of pages in this thread so I don't know what's up.

Hello there

The AIA mod "merely" allows one to run A2 content in A3 it's not a continuation of Caa. So although one can play on A1's maps there is still no converted campaign AFAIK. So IMHO crack on!

Rgds

LoK

Edit: Campaigns from A2 are available to play but contain errors/issues at the moment.

For anyone interested, here is a full, working mission in AiA:

Question/issue: Medics in AiA don't have medkits and soldiers can't heal without a first aid kit. Is there any way to globally apply 2x IFAKs to all units and 1x Medkit to all Medics?

Same question here. Medikits only go inside a backpack as well and you can't give most medics backpacks. USMC Corpsman is a medic where you can add a backpack and medikit works fine there though. I didn't test out Engineers yet, but I'm guessing it's the same there. Is there anyway to maybe change the Medikit so that Medics have it in some magic way without requiring a backpack. Another good option would be to just have a backpack assigned with only a medikit in it (And preferably no room for anything else)

Yeah, I figured that out...I tried the parachute drop from ArmA II's training scenarios, and with it active I was going 200 mph, killing me instantly when I hit the ground. Of course, like in real life, the parachute caught on fire and kept on going at 200 mph until it got stuck on something. :P

I figure the issue with ArmA II's mission content is it's calling stuff in the editor that either is no longer there or has yet to be introduced into the Alpha?

@MacScottie @Adanteh, I use this loop placed in init.sqf:

[] SPAWN {
waituntil {!isnil "bis_fnc_init"};
while {true} do {
{
if (isNil{_x getvariable "DAPPED"}) then {
[[_x]] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf"; _x setvariable ["DAPPED",true];
_x addItem "FirstAidKit";
_x addItem "FirstAidKit";
if (typeof _x in ["TK_Soldier_Medic_EP1","CZ_Soldier_medik_DES_EP1","BAF_Soldier_Medic_DDPM","Soldier_Medic_PMC","US_Soldier_Medic_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Medic_EP1","GER_Soldier_Medic_EP1"]) then {
_x addBackpack "B_AssaultPack_blk";
(unitBackpack _x)  addItem "Medikit";
(unitBackpack _x)  addItem "FirstAidKit";
};
}; 
if ("NVgoggles" in weapons _x) then {_x removeweapon "NVgoggles";_x addItem "NVgoggles";_x assignItem "NVGoggles";};
if ("Binoculars" in weapons _x) then {_x removeweapon "Binoculars";_x addItem "Binoculars";};
} foreach allUnits;
sleep 10;
};
};

It also replaces old binocular/NVgoggles with items, enables DAP first aid script (remove [[_x]] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf"; if you dont use it). Change the backpack for wanted. I just added that part and didnt test it. Thanks for pointing that medikit needs to be put in backpack.

Edited by SaOk

I’m hoping, probably wrongly, that there is some talking going on behind the scenes regards putting all this content together and made 'reliably' playable.

There could be problems regards what can and can’t be ported, not mod/addons but actual BIS game content.

It’s a great mod and I hope it progresses really well, but I think its also a bit of a mine field, as most of what is available I can get over, this includes a huge amount of mod/addons from the previous titles (I have all the products).

Is there a possibility of people making available content that really should have been paid for. I'm all for this type of thing, playing most content (not missions) of each title in the new A3 engine, well not new but upgraded, lets say. Lighting and the rest looks fantastic, I want it to go all the way, but do we then just have the one game.

Its difficult for BIS and mod makers to strike the right balance, when combining this much content, its a huge amount.:confused:.:)

There was prior talk by DnA in the "forward porting" thread about the possibility of an official solution, but it seems that he was careful to make very few guarantees for maximum leeway's sake...

I have a silly question, guys. I'm not really able to heavily PC game based on personal circumstance, but what I was wondering if this was possible or at least planned. Regarding campaigns, are the ones from previous games applicable to be played in ArmA III? The reason being is that regarding the CAA1 project, my goal was to offer ArmA I's campaigns to ArmA II, but if this project is also planning that but for ArmA III, I may as well cancel my efforts. Unless of course it isn't, but there's a ton of pages in this thread so I don't know what's up.

If you can speak German, you can download A2 OA conversions of the QG/A1 campaign here:

http://www.assaultmissionstudio.de/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=74

This should work in theory with AiA+CAA. Could also be that english subtitles are included in the mission files itself, I'll check it.

But there's no other conversion of any A1 campaign and most likely will not be.

If you can speak German, you can download A2 OA conversions of the QG/A1 campaign here:

http://www.assaultmissionstudio.de/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=74

This should work in theory with AiA+CAA. Could also be that english subtitles are included in the mission files itself, I'll check it.

But there's no other conversion of any A1 campaign and most likely will not be.

Interesting. Do the campaigns have redone soldier models? My conversion planned on redoing the models and sounds, but I had tons of stopgaps. If this is more complete, then I don't really have to waste my time doing one myself. I see it's done by the team who did Red Hammer, so I worry it'll be full of bugs. :P

The only conversion other than that was my own, but I only truly accomplished small bugs and model replacements. I couldn't get ANYTHING done with Queen's Gambit.

Don't know if this is already posted, but the surface used for the lakes & ponds in Chernarus is dysfunctional at distance. They are shaded one block colour without regard for distance, most times this manifests as lakes visible from any distance, shaded black. Worse in fog where the effect is exaggerated.

Hello there

Just FYI, when I use no other mods, I'm having a fine old time playing many "standard" A2 missions with no issues *and* with A2 infantry. (whch seem to now ragdoll!) (Patrol Ops, Flashpoint, etc)

This is with using PWS. If I use other A3 mods I do get the occasional crash to desktop.

Rgds

LoK

Ragdoll is cool and AiA is really amazing even at this early stage of its development. Thanks again, kju!

Here is a test video showing ragdoll effect in Arma 2 units (Chedaki forces). I'm playing 'Flashpoint: Stratis' SP mission based on A2 'Flashpoint: Chernarus' code by thomsonb. I used a custom batch file to launch the game with some addons like CBA, anzins NoBlur, and voice_com. No crash so far. This is with the latest stable build 0.56.104778 of Arma 3 Alpha and v7 of AiA.

By the way, since 0.56.104778, -showScriptErrors is enable by default. Do you guys happen to know a parameter or a line of code to not show the script errors by default?

Can you tell us about your FPS ingame,please?

BTW the game looks much better with good weather and looks bad while playing in rainy conditions.

Can you tell us about your FPS ingame,please?

BTW the game looks much better with good weather and looks bad while playing in rainy conditions.

Is the video laggy? :o

With FRAPS running, I only get ~22FPS maximum with all Video Quality options set to High. I still enjoy playing A3 though on my laptop despite that low FPS.

Good thing about Flashpoint series of SP mission is that you can play with your preferred settings. In the test video, game was set to 60% cloud cover, 0% fog. With that setup, its easy to show folks around Stratis map for demo purposes.

Hey man, I know it's late and you won't see it in the 60th page, but good job indeed!

I'm posting this in an Israeli Arma community, I hope you don't mind.

Great Job!

Ragdoll is cool and AiA is really amazing even at this early stage of its development. Thanks again, kju!

Here is a test video showing ragdoll effect in Arma 2 units (Chedaki forces). I'm playing 'Flashpoint: Stratis' SP mission based on A2 'Flashpoint: Chernarus' code by thomsonb. I used a custom batch file to launch the game with some addons like CBA, anzins NoBlur, and voice_com. No crash so far. This is with the latest stable build 0.56.104778 of Arma 3 Alpha and v7 of AiA.

By the way, since 0.56.104778, -showScriptErrors is enable by default. Do you guys happen to know a parameter or a line of code to not show the script errors by default?

Hello there

Is that mission freely available or just a home edit? The vanilla Flashpoints always crash my A3 (Im assuming its an SVD death) Are SVD's in that FP edit?

Rgds

LoK

@orlok

There isn't any official 'Flashpoint: Stratis' SP mission yet. Its just a home edit for personal use based on thomsonb's 'FlashpointA2Chernarus' code. As far as I can recall, its just simple Chernarus to Stratis substitution. What do you mean by SVD death? If you are referring to an SVD weapon, consider my answers below.

There is an SVD Dragunov weapon in my enemies' weapon list as depicted in the codes below and it is assigned to a Chedaki sniper.

WPN_SVD = ["SVD","10Rnd_762x54_SVD"];
CH_MAN_SNIPER = [CH_SOLDIERS,[WPN_SVD],[WPN_MAKAROV],"SmokeShell",[8],CH_GRENS,WPNS_NVG_BINO];
[east,[CH_SOLDIERS,[WPN_SVD],CH_PLAYER_PISTOLS,WPN_GRENADE_E,CH_AMMOS,CH_GRENS,WPNS_BINO],"ChDKZ Insurgent SVD"],

Whether or not a Chedaki sniper was spawned during the gameplay, that I cannot tell. Also, I haven't bothered inspecting my kills one by one so I can't tell if a "ChDKZ Insurgent SVD" was one of my kills. Player invincibility was enabled for demo purposes. One instance I spent more than an hour playing with 90 kills and there is no problem loading a saved game even if I have already exited A3.

I spawned as a USMC medic but changed my weapon via voice com to a TRG-21 (actual spawning not shown in the video)

US_MAN_MEDIC = [["USMC_Soldier_Medic"],[WPN_M4AIM],WPN_NO_SEC,"SmokeShell",[5],[3],WPNS_NVG];
[west,[["USMC_Soldier_Medic"],[WPN_M4AIM],WPN_NO_SEC,"SmokeShell",[5],[3],WPNS_NVG],"USMC Medic"],

Flashpoint in Stratis is so much fun and the ragdoll effect on Arma 2 units adds a 'wow' factor to the game. Well, to each his own. :)

@SaOk

I hope your gonna port your mission ZUB to AiA its epic :)

With AllInArma i can not put anything in my Inventory, it will disapear.

If i add something on the Init it will be in my Inventory, but after that, ingame i have no chance to pick something up. (Arma 2 Items/Weapons)

I noticed that on a Community Map and had no time to test it on a BIS Map.

On the evening i could do some more testing with Arma 3 Items/Weapons and on BIS Maps.

Is someone getting same Issues?

I have the same issue.

It need to be a certain unit, e. g. a US special forces unit or a KSK unit. These arent able to pick up a rifle or any other weapon of a ammo crate. Only thing that will happen is that the unit will loose its weapon.

I tried it with several units in the editor on Zargabad.

Question/issue: Medics in AiA don't have medkits and soldiers can't heal without a first aid kit. Is there any way to globally apply 2x IFAKs to all units and 1x Medkit to all Medics?

Same problem here. Even if I add a medikit and firstaidkits to a medic, he does not heal me.

When I make a mission with A3 units only I dont have any problems either with Ammo crates nor with non healing medics...

my rpt file