.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

I didn't mean the recoil was wrong. Just that sometimes you would have no recoil at all (as in absolutely zero recoil). This happens with weapons that normally work - It's pretty random and not weapon-specific. We only used ArmA 3 weapons and they seem to all (sometimes) get this bug. Again, most of the time recoil works normally, but sometimes after respawn and/or weapon change recoil will disappear, and further respawns/weapon changes sometimes but don't always fix it (sometimes you would respawn and change weapons a few times and still have the bug, and later have recoil go back to normal).

@galzohar

Does this happen with pure A3 too or just when using AiA?

Only noticed it when using AllInArma, even when using ArmA 3 weapons with ArmA 3 soldiers on Stratis. When playing on ArmA3.RU with vanilla I haven't noticed the issue.

kju, just wanted to thankyou for all your hard work on this! Absolutely amazing.

Why are you not working for BIS already??

Looking forward to the next release, to stop my crashes with the SVD.

I have a nice bug that I find when using AiA and custom islands for ARMA 2. I will add a picture later today but here is what happens. You have the sea-level in height with your face, depending on what direction you look. For example, when I look north/north-east, I have a brown nice water wave in my face that moves up and down. But now when looking SE, S, SW.

Will update with picture.

Quick update:

Plan was to release another update today, however I have instant and constant crashes with the new stable.

Spent a couple of hours to debug the source already.. worst case we have to hope BI will fix the source.

Once I have it stable again, I plan to solve most of the reported problems and release the next version.

So I am new to Arma3, but jumped in head-first :)

I am going to grab some of the older armas, but just to use with this mod.

My question: should I just get the arma x pack? Do the arma1 maps work with this, or should I just grab all the arma 2 stuff?

This deal may still be ongoing if you're fine with just getting Arma 2 stuff, since the DLCs for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead are just high-res textures, sounds and campaigns for stuff already in Operation Arrowhead. The only substantive reason to get Arma X is if you also want them (with two DLCs), Arma + its expansion, and the original Operation Flashpoint (renamed Arma: Cold War Assault).

It appears to be a problem with terrains (or their objects?).

Crashing: Takistan, Desert, Shapur, Proving Grounds

Stable: Chernarus, Utes, Zargabad

As it turns out it happens also for me with the latest, former stable, AiA release.

Do the crashing terrains work for anyone with 0.58 (new stable)?

This deal may still be ongoing if you're fine with just getting Arma 2 stuff, since the DLCs for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead are just high-res textures, sounds and campaigns for stuff already in Operation Arrowhead. The only substantive reason to get Arma X is if you also want them (with two DLCs), Arma + its expansion, and the original Operation Flashpoint (renamed Arma: Cold War Assault).

Thanks Chortles, I should rephrase my question though, I guess.

I want all of the stuff, if for no reason other than to have a giant new map pack for arma 3, I just wanted to know if the Cold War Assault and ArmA maps are working (or are likely to be working in the future) with this mod.

Hi, I have just tried launching Takistan in A3 several times and for me it is crashing during the first 60-100 seconds of gameplay. Didnt understand the reason though:/

Will try to test Desert, Shapur & Proving Grounds later today

__

Failed to launch any of these three maps - game is crashing while i`m loading missions that has been just made in the editor, tried each of them twice(

Also now and in previous versions of AiA could not play in the Duala map - while on Lingor everything was ok (didnt check this time).

Edited by Grey-Legolas

I have done as much research as I can possibly pull off and I still can't find an answer to my problem (or should I say solution).

In this video, you can see there is a rectangular low pixel count glitch in the middle (slightly upper left) of the screen that is always there whenever I load AiA. Does anyone know what is causing this?

Thanks.

a rectangular low pixel count glitch in the middle (slightly upper left) of the screen that is always there whenever I load AiA. Does anyone know what is causing this?

Are you referring to this one?

http://s17.postimg.org/4ogp090a7/cbadash.jpg

If yes, then you are not alone. Several members have reported such issue; check here. Its there when I load AiA with CBA for A2.

http://s18.postimg.org/tg0yugae1/arma3_2013_04_23_12_07_07_94.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

Can I play arma2 missions with this?

I believe you can. Below are some example Arma 2 assets playable via AiA:

Arma 2 campaign (Operation Harvest Red)

Single player scenario (Village Sweep)

Single player mission (based on A2 Flashpoint series of mission)

So by AiA definition, you can use A2 vehicles, weapons, maps, or even another mod within A3. Like kju said...

;2399341']AiA makes a DayZ port to A3 quite easy

Indeed!

Are you referring to this one?

http://s17.postimg.org/4ogp090a7/cbadash.jpg

If yes, then you are not alone. Several members have reported such issue; check here. Its there when I load AiA with CBA for A2.

http://s18.postimg.org/tg0yugae1/arma3_2013_04_23_12_07_07_94.jpg

Yep, that's it.

Funnily enough, right after posting that I may have discovered the problem. I do not have TOH. So I downloaded the demo and then loaded AiA up with the path to the demo in the batch file.

That made the pixel thingy disappear. However, it also made the game crash.

@ The Hebrew Hammer

It appears the recent 0.58 broke half of the A2/OA terrains.

Report crashes in the A3 feedback tracker please.

@ stevieshae

Report crashes in the A3 feedback tracker please.

If you want me to look into it, you need to provide more details like

the rpt log file, steps to reproduce, simple demo mission. Thanks.

@ mlewis1969

You need to upload all the pbos to your server.

Essentially it is the same as running a client - only difference is to use the arma3server.exe.

@ galzohar

Probably only BI can fix it. So please make a report at the A3 feedback tracker.

@ freemangl

Yes. You need A2 or A2 free though.

Some missions work, some don't at this point.

The goal is to achieve best backwards compatibility as possible - however that largely depends on BI's behavior.

@ Kremator

I did..

@ Pellejones

I added something that may fix it.

However as no one supplied enough info for me to reproduce it myself, I can only guess..

So if you want to make sure it gets fixed, provide exact repro steps and a simple demo mission please.

@ k0rd

Arma X might be best unless you are not interested in the A1 terrains.

Money wise you have to see what deals are available currently.

@ Grey-Legolas

Thanks for testing! Report crashes in the A3 feedback tracker please, so that hopefully BI takes notice.

@ GeekFurious

CBA appears to cause it. Will try to get it fixed in the next update.

To add compatiblity to TKOH demo is an interesting idea. Will consider it once A3 supports the new FM.

;2402344']

@ GeekFurious

CBA appears to cause it. Will try to get it fixed in the next update.

To add compatiblity to TKOH demo is an interesting idea. Will consider it once A3 supports the new FM.

Thanks!

;2401398']It appears to be a problem with terrains (or their objects?).

Crashing: Takistan' date=' Desert, Shapur, Proving Grounds

[b']Stable[/b]: Chernarus, Utes, Zargabad

As it turns out it happens also for me with the latest, former stable, AiA release.

Do the crashing terrains work for anyone with 0.58 (new stable)?

Zargabad isn't working for me. I've only tried it and taki though. Came here to figure out what was up, since I haven't used the mod in a while. Using Dev Branch btw. Hope it gets fixed soon. :(

Wait - This will let me play Arma 2 missions, use Arma 2 maps and other Addons? This will be great, because this will make me test Arma III more intensely, got bored by Stratis and Wasteland.

Yes tortuosit. There are some bugs still but kju is working them out !

It works. Any chance I get it to show all those nice community made missions in my OA "Missions" folder?

It works. Any chance I get it to show all those nice community made missions in my OA "Missions" folder?

It's much easier to just copy the OA missions folder to your A3 folder, only temporarily if necessary. I doubt most of them will currently work correctly, though.

@ tortuosit

Use junctions/symlinks. Aka link your .\arma 2\missions to .\arma 3\missions\A2

Great, thanks. Guys, do you think it is a good idea to load Ai scripts like TPW/ASR_ai with aia?