.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

Are smoke grenades not working for anybody else? The smoke appears initially, but it doesn't continue to push out smoke for the duration.

Yeah this is shitting me, they havnt worked since the initial release of AiA

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

Also, you can't equip any weapons from the ground or crates, only the ammunition.

I Second That!!!!

For some reason the latest release broke the purchase of AT weapons at Warfare Benny Edition.

It worked with the "2013-04-22" release, but hasn't worked before and after that one..

Which files do I need from A2/OA to play Zargabad and Takistan only?

Which files do I need for OA weapons only?

This is needed mostly to save space on server, if possible...

Which files do I need from A2/OA to play Zargabad and Takistan only?

Which files do I need for OA weapons only?

This is needed mostly to save space on server, if possible...

You pretty much need everything from the "Expansions/Addons" folder

You pretty much need everything from the "Expansions/Addons" folder

Doesn't common have some buildings used in Takistan/Zargabad too? If yes, which PBOs exactly would I need?

Too much bloom effect on the clouds with the latest version.

EDIT: I mean the HDR issue when you looked down and the image got too bright but when you look up in the sky the image becomes normal again is back.

Edited by Denco

Hey, I will post some videos about the bugs.

First of all,

Bug02 CBA Error Message:

Bug01 Long loadtime since new version:

More Videos will come soon. Tomorrow I think.

Hey, I will post some videos about the bugs.

Bug02 CBA Error Message:

Its not clear in the YouTube video even at 480p what exact error message you are getting with CBA.

Anyway, if the error message is...

"Running A2 content but missing @CBA-A2, please install and enable @CBA_A2, or disable A2 content."

Then try the following:

1) See to it that you have @AllInArma, @CBA, @CBA_A2, @CBA_OA, @CBA_A3 folders inside the root Arma 3 folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3)

2) Launch the game using this batch file...

rem
rem 		If your A2 and OA were installed on same folder, use same path
rem

set ARMA3_PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3
set ARMA2_PATH=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2
set ARMA2OA_PATH=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

rem		Edit your profile name

set DEFAULT_PARAMETERS=-skipintro -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A3
set DEVELOPMENT_PARAMTERS=-showScriptErrors
set PROFILE_PARAMETERS="-profiles=%ARMA3_PATH%" "-name=YOUR PROFILE NAME"

rem
rem DONT MODIFY ANYTHING BELOW
rem

cd /D "%ARMA3_PATH%"

arma3.exe %DEFAULT_PARAMETERS% %DEVELOPMENT_PARAMTERS% %PROFILE_PARAMETERS% "-mod=@AllInArma\ProductDummies;%ARMA2_PATH%;%ARMA2OA_PATH%;%ARMA2OA_PATH%\Expansion;%ARMA3_PATH%;@AllInArma\Core;@AllInArma\PostA3"

exit

I hope that helps.

Edited by asuseroako
Missed a dash

Allow me to lend some help...

Can anyone explain how to use other addons with AiA?

Say for example you already have @AiA folder at the Arma 3 root directory and you want to use @CheesyMod and @AnotherCheesyMod addons:

1) Transfer the addons folder to your root ArmA 3 Alpha directory, default Steam install location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3

2) Configure an AiA launch file by indicating the custom mods used in the 'CUSTOM_MODS' section of the batch file. See sample below, modify to your preferences then save as 'AnyFileName.bat'

rem
rem 		Since my retail, non-Steam A2 and OA were installed on same folder, I use the same path
rem

set ARMA3_PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3
set ARMA2_PATH=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2
set ARMA2OA_PATH=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

rem		Declare your modfolders in this section

set CUSTOM_MODS=[color="#FF0000"]@CheesyMod;@AnotherCheesyMod[/color]

rem		Edit your profile name, define other mods used like CBA etc

set DEFAULT_PARAMETERS=-skipintro -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A3
set DEVELOPMENT_PARAMTERS=-showScriptErrors
set PROFILE_PARAMETERS="-profiles=%ARMA3_PATH%" "-name=YOUR PROFILE NAME"

rem
rem DONT MODIFY ANYTHING BELOW
rem

cd /D "%ARMA3_PATH%"

arma3.exe %DEFAULT_PARAMETERS% %DEVELOPMENT_PARAMTERS% %PROFILE_PARAMETERS% "-mod=%CUSTOM_MODS%;@AllInArma\ProductDummies;%ARMA2_PATH%;%ARMA2OA_PATH%;%ARMA2OA_PATH%\Expansion;%ARMA3_PATH%;@AllInArma\Core;@AllInArma\PostA3"

exit

3) If you are also using CBA, then don't forget to transfer the @CBA A2, OA, A3 folders to your root ArmA 3 Alpha directory as well.

4) Launch the game using the *.bat file you have configured above.

Hopefully, A3 loads with the correct addons. :cool:

Hopefuly if this progresses further Sickboy might be persuaded to include AiA as a whole game mode instead of a mod, allowing easy use of mods for A2 via PwS. Just one question about the batch file, if I want to test AiA with some A2 mods, obviously not copied from my A2 install directory (SSD space is sparse), I could just add %ARMA2OA_PATH% before them in the CUSTOM_MODS set, right? No need for quotes or anything 'cause these are already in "-mod=" right?

Or is there a way of using them from A2 dir through PwS, without messing solo A3 through PwS?

It's been a long time I messed with cmd on Windows, being more of posix guy. Thanks.

Also getting this line issue. Basically, about 20m away in all directions there is a 1-pixel-wide bright line on the terrain. It moves with the player. It appears polygonal (not circular). I have seen it on Utes and Zargabad, but I haven't tried the other maps yet.

Additionally, the AI are getting "caught" a lot in buildings where they can't move. The same is happening for AI in the field, like after giving medical help to someone.

Also getting this line issue. Basically, about 20m away in all directions there is a 1-pixel-wide bright line on the terrain. It moves with the player. It appears polygonal (not circular). I have seen it on Utes and Zargabad, but I haven't tried the other maps yet.

This Issue has already been reported here:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/all-in-arma/issues

where can i find the missing server keys? ive been searching forums and wikis for hours but cant find any server keys for the dummy pbo files :)

@ SQB-SMA

Please post your rpt log file.

@ orlok

Please report all issues you encouter.

@ EBass

Medics probably need the new items from A3. Will look into it.

@ papoose244 , weedman

A1 support is WIP.

@ Zerith, JumpingHubert

Havent worked on the effects yet => WIP.

@ Keptsecrets , Mattykevlar

Can you provide repro steps or better yet a simple demo mission please, or name a mission to see it happen quickly.

@ Predator.v2

Repro steps or better yet a simple demo mission needed.

@ galzohar

Get a new HDD/delete some other stuff on the server.

What you desore is a lot harder, aka work, than you believe it is.

@ Denco

Do you use stable or dev branch? Could be just the WIP nature of A3 lighting (configs and engine) - bad would be if A2/OA terrains would need a data upgrade for those new lighting settings/tweaks.

@ Scheintot887

1) As it says you need to load the CBA for CO also along, or not use CBA at all.

2) Faster loading times is perfectly normal as the data gets loaded into memory first time and hence is way quicker available for access the second time.

You have to do a comparison between A2/OA and A3 with AiA for any meaningful test. In general you need a faster HDD/SSD or ram drive if load times bother you with arma.

@ fraczek

According to Sickboy's post in the PwS thread the use of A2/OA mods with AiA will be possible in the next update.

Custom mods must be on the very left of the modline.

asuseroako just posted an example above your post. :)

You can use absolute path to reference modfolders:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters#Modifications

@ DNK

Can you please provide a simple demo mission for the AI stuck in building problems, as well for the healing makes unit stuck one.

@ JoSchaap

Will provide key and sign files for the next release.

;2382840']

@ Scheintot887

1) As it says you need to load the CBA for CO also along' date=' or not use CBA at all.[/quote']

I load CBA, CBA_A2 and CBA_OA....

;2382840']

2) Faster loading times is perfectly normal as the data gets loaded into memory first time and hence is way quicker available for access the second time.

You have to do a comparison between A2/OA and A3 with AiA for any meaningful test. In general you need a faster HDD/SSD or ram drive if load times bother you with arma.

Strange, because in all earlier versions of AiA it never takes so long.

So I guess its not because of my computer.

Arma 3 Vanilla also never takes so long.

;2382840']

What you desore is a lot harder' date=' aka work, than you believe it is.

[/quote']

Yeah, me and a friend tried looking into it and we noticed. I guess we might stick with just using OA without A2 to save space, at least for now.

@ Denco

As noted the update contains the most recent lighting definitions from A3.

It may not work as well with stable or have problems in general.

In other words lighting is just still a very work in progress state.

@ Scheintot887

I see. Please post your rpt.

In terms of loading times Desert loads almost instantly here, so does Utes.

Do you use the stable or dev branch? Anything else you changed on your side?

Additional addons loaded alongside?

Does anyone else have longer loading times since the latest update?

@ galzohar

Why not use A2 free on the server? Its just some 1.54 GB.

Have been able to modify scripts when 'AllinARMA' is activated under "Play with SIX"...

A pity...because I really thought this mod was going somewhere. Completely useless to me now. Please Fix! Last version was way better.:mad:

Have been able to modify scripts when 'AllinARMA' is activated under "Play with SIX"...

A pity...because I really thought this mod was going somewhere. Completely useless to me now. Please Fix! Last version was way better.:mad:

Maybe you could ask it in a civil manner. Nobody owes you anything.

Just an amazing and memorable first post dude ! Really