shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hey Shay,

thank you for creating this tool, using it since first realease and its awesome ;)

Just got one question: is it possible to add some more weather effects for the clouds-section? Just to maximize clouds on the sky, can you do that, or is that possible?

thx in advice

Hi All,

I'm very new to Arma 3 and have had no experiance of previous Arma releases so it's a bit of a steep learning curve so forgive the noob questions.

I've seen all of the MCC videos and thought I'd have a go at installing it. My first attempt at a manual install didn't work but I tried again using "with6" and it works, so far so good. My problem is that if I now try to join a public server I get kicked and told to "remove some cba files or to install accepted keys". Is this normal?

Hi Togsie!

Yes, this is completely normal. MCC is a mod, and with it installed, you can only join servers who also have the mod installed and only that mod.

With "playwithsix" that you are using, you can choose what mods to launch with, and if you uncheck MCC, you can then join public servers again. When you want to play with MCC again, you can simply add it as a mod again, and you don't need to redownload it in order to do so. What "playwithsix" doess then, is simply add a mod parameter to the launch of the game, thus loading the mod.

There are several reasons that you won't be able to join servers with mods the server doesn't have, often to prevent cheating. With MCC, you can pretty much spawn anything in the game, so there is no wonder you can't join with it installed.

Servers who use MCC are usually private servers for private groups who make custom missions when they play, using MCC.

Hope this helps.

aLmAnZo,

thanks very much for your reply. I was wondering how playwithsix passed the startup parameters to Arma3, I couldn't see any check boxes. I'll look again.

After I tried a manual install I created a startup shortcut with the parameters; "D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -mod=@CBA_A3; -mod=:@mcc_sandbox this kinda worked but wont work at all with playwith6 install?

Lastly I noticed that there are different versions of MCC available for download; MP mission version Stratis, MP mission version Altis and MP/SP mod version. Whats the differece between the versions and what version will playwith6 have installed by default.

Thanks again for your help, I love this game but there's a lot to learn.

Lastly I noticed that there are different versions of MCC available for download; MP mission version Stratis, MP mission version Altis and MP/SP mod version. Whats the differece between the versions and what version will playwith6 have installed by default.

The two "mission" versions are... Missions! Meaning they containt the script code for MCC afaik.

If you want to play around with the MCC, all you have to do is to load up the mod version as a mod (wow) and go into the editor.

Welcome to the community and next time you may want to post such questions in the appropriate mod thread... makes it easier for everyone ;)

Cheers1

Can anyone help me?

So i made a base map with scripts and stuff. My dedicated server is running MCC.

But the Access Rights mod. will not allow me to do anything . No option. it is synced with the player.

Does this work on Dedicated servers? Or do i have to use one of thous maps that shay created?

A couple of things;

HALO - can we set the jump height - or know what it is? It seems to change from version to version and its really annoying.

Reserve chutes - can we have them? Its really tough to hang 1.5km over a LZ for 10 mins...

Hey guys can anyone point me toward the correct way to update MCC.Mine says I'm using version 0.8 on the lower rite corner , when the latest one is R12 , I basically just changed my addon folder to the new one right?

Hey guys can anyone point me toward the correct way to update MCC.Mine says I'm using version 0.8 on the lower rite corner , when the latest one is R12 , I basically just changed my addon folder to the new one right?

First page has thecdownload link. Delete the old folder and unzipmthe new one.

First page has thecdownload link. Delete the old folder and unzipmthe new one.

Yea , I have it installed but it says 0.8 version. Though I downloaded the most current version.

Yea , I have it installed but it says 0.8 version. Though I downloaded the most current version.

From where did y download ?? do it from here first page !!

I watched, there is no information as to restrict access in missions version without the use of add-on

You are right. I made the preparation for doing it but forgot to add the variable for this. I'll add it soon.

Id like to leave a small suggestion. Integrate some base/FOB building material templates so that users are able to create nice bases on the fly. Its a very handy tool as it is but such an addition would make mission makers even happier I reckon. :)

It's a mod. Just use MCC while running this mod and you should have this extra buildings.

shay, i found 3 bugs:

- after disconnected from the server, i reconnected and the Server FPS counter

was constantly 0

- after disconnected from the server, i reconnected i lost all the zones

- after disconnected from the server, i reconnected i lost one of the player from the player list (I wanted to teleport him).

Your mission is awesome. It's a real tool for a real sandbox game, keep up the good work!

(sorry for my English, i'm not good with foreign languages) :)

I'll check your bug report and suggestions.

You don't lose all your zones you just can't see them.

I didn't get the last error, I'm not sure what are you reporting here: - after disconnected from the server, i reconnected i lost one of the player from the player list (I wanted to teleport him).

Hey Shay,

thank you for creating this tool, using it since first realease and its awesome ;)

Just got one question: is it possible to add some more weather effects for the clouds-section? Just to maximize clouds on the sky, can you do that, or is that possible?

thx in advice

Do you mean making clouds without having the rain?

aLmAnZo,

After I tried a manual install I created a startup shortcut with the parameters; "D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -mod=@CBA_A3; -mod=:@mcc_sandbox this kinda worked but wont work at all with playwith6 install?

It should be: " -mod=@CBA_A3;@mcc_sandbox"

Can anyone help me?

So i made a base map with scripts and stuff. My dedicated server is running MCC.

But the Access Rights mod. will not allow me to do anything . No option. it is synced with the player.

Does this work on Dedicated servers? Or do i have to use one of thous maps that shay created?

It is working on dedicated server. Try running a mission without the Access module and see if you will get the Mission Generator option. Looks to me like the server isn't running MCC.

A couple of things;

HALO - can we set the jump height - or know what it is? It seems to change from version to version and its really annoying.

Reserve chutes - can we have them? Its really tough to hang 1.5km over a LZ for 10 mins...

The height for HALO is 5000 meters and 300 meters for normal jump.

There is no reserve chutes in ArmA since you can't cut the chute (ACE) so what is the point?

? Its really tough to hang 1.5km over a LZ for 10 mins. – Why do you open the chute at 1.5km?! open them at 500 meters or so.

That is easy because I was to lasy to change the config version. If you downloaded from the first page then you have the latest version.

Yes, exactly i mean that. Sorry, my English isn´t good so far, but ur answer perfectly hit my thoughts :)

More Clouds without rain, that would be AWESOME!

I didn't get the last error, I'm not sure what are you reporting here: - after disconnected from the server, i reconnected i lost one of the player from the player list (I wanted to teleport him).

In the MCC mission manager, in menu4 there is a list, where the players are (in the top left part). After i disconnected, and reconnected (my DSL reconnected), i couldn't find one of the players there. I'm not sure maybe he got also disconnected, and reconnected, but we where booth in the game, he was on WEST side, in same squad as other teammates , but he was not on the list. The player could interact with every item, vehicles on the mission, even the triggers fired on him, so everything was ok, except the list.

I found some more bugs:

- If you are placing a group to any zone, and after that your going into 3d mode, everything you will place will be multiplied.

- After someone dies, he will be teleported to his base for 5 sec, till the BTC kicks in. But he will also loose his weapons (everything is on the spot where he was teleported after death). The bug is not every time there. But we also found it, if there was no thing on the map, just a simple ai, the problem is still there. So it looks like the error is not connected to the complexity ot the mission

- Not all acre radios spawn into the VAS (i know it's not your script) and into the box creator. I think the large one is missing and there is something like "220" in the name list.

- If creating a large zone about the size of Zaros center part, and spawn a garrison inside, after spawning 20-30 ais, the spawning stops (seems like it hangs), no errors. But if i try to spawn any ai-s from the same faction to any zone, i get a normal starting spawning message, and the next message looks like the regular spawned message except it contains a null where it should tell what was spawned, and nothings spawn.

(We are using the normal (not dev) build, MCC mission Altis, with these mods:

TMR Modular Realism - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21785

CBA - http://www.3commandobrigade.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1165

RH M4/M16 pack - http://www.mediafire.com/download/3mi90h9g5ga3c15/RH_M4_1.0.7z

ACRE (beta) - http://www.3commandobrigade.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1165

)

and another suggestion:

- please make an option for clearing zones. (I want to create zones, that will spawn objects/enemys controlled by a trigger if a player is near, and after the player leaving another trigger (centered the previous one, but it's bigger), i would like to remove everything from the original spawn zone.) This way it would be easier to deal with serverload.

I have a question:

Can I use this mod to create my missions in editor and save them somehow?

So i would have a working 3d editor?

It is possible to make the FIA to an enemy for the Blufor?

I'm having an error while moving zones. The soldiers at Zone 1 will not move from zone 1 to the new location of zone 1. I have put vehicles for them(3 hunters) and they do not seem to acknowledge the presence of the vehicles. The only way they get into a vehicle is if I teleport them next to it and even when I do that they get in, drive a meter or two and then get out again. This seems to loop infinitely. Any ideas?

Greetings all,

Firstly, excellent work on the mod. Some friends and I have just started experimenting with MCC and have had a blast in the endless possibilities one can create.

I have several questions that someone may be able to assist me with though.

1. Is there a way to add mods to either the mission or the mod?. I would like to add the ADF units in ADF uncut but can not figure out where to add them in so I can place them with MCC

2. Someone mentioned in the first several pages about copying the setup from MCC and placing them into a mission file. I believe Shay GMan replied with [] call "the string you copy from the load/save"

Is there a way someone could expand on this a little more. I have placed the clipboard from MCC into a mission file and it does not work. This is what I added to the mission.sqm

call[]=[[[13929.3,16518,1.5], 172.516, 'b_fobHuge', 'DOC', 'BLU_F', true, '', '',

0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

MCC_mccFunctionDone = false;

waitUntil {MCC_mccFunctionDone};

Do I need to change anything here as this is directly copied from the MCC?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

It's a mod. Just use MCC while running this mod and you should have this extra buildings.

Nope, its a template mission.sqm containing a bunch of useful base building materials. Just thought that instead of having to design our walls painstakingly to create a FOB with this tool we could just place a few of the templates walls that are already in shape.

Sorry to be a pain but I have another question / possible idea

I am attempting to create a campaign for some friends and I whereby each player is either an Infantry Pl Commander with mechanised support or a Tank Troop Commander. The issue I am having is in line with creating a mission and using the mod once in game. I have come to the conclusion that the most successful way to do this would be to have each player have an MCC Commander Console in order to give orders such as mount into vehicles etc. So here is my question. Can I have the ability to have 3 players assume the role of High Commander so that they can use the MCC feature of commanding units around, or is that role only allowable for one person. If I can split these roles and have three different guys command (HC) their own force then that would be incredible.

A secondary question is that I am having difficulty in assuming command of my High Command elements once I am previewing a mission that is in creation with the use of the MCC Console. Although I have set up High Command and subordinate command so it works in game, I open the MCC console and can't direct them from the console, only from the map in the normal game. I have tried setting up myself as the general etc but can not seem to select them or give them orders unless I shut the console down and command as per vanilla.

Kind Regards

Dante

As of the latest update, I am unable to load missions from the clipboard.

My old workflow used to see me making missions on my machine and then LOAD them from clipboard into our dedicated server. This is no longer working.

I am not even able to get it to work on my own machine. I can save to clipboard, and then restart from nothing. When I paste it in and hit LOAD I get the Loading Screen, I am them teleported to the right start position, but none of the assets I spawned are there.

Is this a bug? What could I be doing wrong. It's a pretty straightforward process, and I used to use it before.

Mission Code in the Spoiler

MCC_START_WEST  = [26737.6,24580.5,0];
														publicVariable 'MCC_START_WEST';
														[[MCC_START_WEST, 0, 'west','HQ',false], 'CP_fnc_buildSpawnPoint', false, false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

[[[26705.4,24535,0], 87.1608, 'b_fobLarge', 'DOC', 'BLU_F', true, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26739.7,24639.3,0], 127.833, 'B_Truck_01_Repair_F', 'VEHICLE', 'WEST', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26718.8,24633.4,0], 161.594, 'Land_ScrapHeap_1_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26720.3,24640,0], 50.3258, 'Land_Scrap_MRAP_01_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26722.6,24630,0], 86.011, 'Land_ScrapHeap_2_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26746.6,24532,0], 133.47, 'B_Mortar_01_F', 'VEHICLE', 'WEST', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		
									MCC_align3D=true;publicVariable 'MCC_align3D';MCC_align3D=false;publicVariable 'MCC_align3D';
									[[[26748.2,24531.8,0.1], 85.7214, 'Land_Camping_Light_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26718.5,24516.8,0.1], 85.7219, 'Campfire_burning_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26721.9,24517.8,0.1], 70.0337, 'Land_CampingChair_V2_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26720.8,24519,0.1], 70.0344, 'Land_CampingChair_V2_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26720.3,24520.3,0.1], 70.0377, 'Land_CampingChair_V2_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26716.6,24513.9,0.1], 195.401, 'Land_CampingChair_V2_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26715.3,24515.2,0.1], 216.851, 'Land_CampingChair_V2_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26714.5,24517.3,0.1], 265.513, 'Land_CampingChair_V2_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26714.1,24517,0.1], 265.516, 'Land_CampingChair_V2_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26694.5,24560.6,0.1], 265.599, 'Land_CargoBox_V1_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, ' _this addAction ["Virtual Ammobox", "VAS\open.sqf"];', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26777.4,24648.3,0.1], 309.301, 'Land_CargoBox_V1_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, ' _this addAction ["Virtual Ammobox", "VAS\open.sqf"];', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26757.7,24660.9,0.1], 309.25, 'Land_Cargo20_blue_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26764.4,24654.1,0.1], 309.245, 'Land_Cargo20_blue_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26763.3,24640.2,0.1], 76.8884, 'B_UGV_01_F', 'VEHICLE', 'WEST', false, ' createVehicleCrew _this;group _this setvariable ["MCC_canbecontrolled",true,true];', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26755.9,24646.3,0.1], 76.9009, 'B_UGV_01_rcws_F', 'VEHICLE', 'WEST', false, ' createVehicleCrew _this;group _this setvariable ["MCC_canbecontrolled",true,true];', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26846.8,24555.5,0.1], 43.509, 'B_UAV_02_F', 'VEHICLE', 'WEST', false, ' createVehicleCrew _this;group _this setvariable ["MCC_canbecontrolled",true,true];', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26732,24585.3,0.1], 130.184, 'B_Quadbike_01_F', 'VEHICLE', 'WEST', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26733.6,24587.3,0.1], 130.184, 'B_Quadbike_01_F', 'VEHICLE', 'WEST', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26735.2,24589.3,0.1], 130.185, 'B_Quadbike_01_F', 'VEHICLE', 'WEST', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26741.2,24554,0.1], 82.2752, 'B_MRAP_01_F', 'VEHICLE', 'WEST', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26744.6,24550.2,0.1], 82.2751, 'B_MRAP_01_F', 'VEHICLE', 'WEST', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26749.8,24545.5,0.55], 80.1915, 'B_MRAP_01_F', 'VEHICLE', 'WEST', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26751.2,24545.5,0.55], 80.3021, 'B_MRAP_01_F', 'VEHICLE', 'WEST', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26755.8,24540.7,0.55], 80.2955, 'B_MRAP_01_F', 'VEHICLE', 'WEST', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26761.1,24536,0.55], 80.2929, 'B_MRAP_01_F', 'VEHICLE', 'WEST', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26758.3,24573.4,0.55], 178.679, 'B_APC_Wheeled_01_cannon_F', 'VEHICLE', 'WEST', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26770.6,24676,0.55], 132.304, 'B_Truck_01_ammo_F', 'VEHICLE', 'WEST', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26772.3,24685.1,0.55], 46.9342, 'Land_Cargo20_military_green_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, ' _this setVehicleLock "LOCKED";', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26774.3,24686.9,0.55], 46.9349, 'Land_Cargo20_military_green_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, ' _this setVehicleLock "LOCKED";', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26779.9,24683.9,0.55], 88.4249, 'Land_Cargo20_military_green_F', 'AMMO', 'CIV', false, ' _this setVehicleLock "LOCKED";', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26733.8,24604.6,0.55], 157.374, 'B_Heli_Light_01_F', 'VEHICLE', 'WEST', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

[[[26828.1,24673.4,0.3], 230.118, 'I_Heli_Transport_02_F', 'VEHICLE', 'GUE', false, ' _this setVehicleLock "LOCKED";', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;		

I know one can simply put down an invisible helopad prior to calling a chopper to improve landing accuracy.... but what about an option to have the landing point have an invisible helopad as part of the script to begin with... or at least an option in the dropdown for insertion type?

Just an idea.

I know one can simply put down an invisible helopad prior to calling a chopper to improve landing accuracy.... but what about an option to have the landing point have an invisible helopad as part of the script to begin with... or at least an option in the dropdown for insertion type?

Just an idea.

Its funny you mention it. As of a few weeks i started creating so called FSM and am creating behavior schemes for the AI. One of the tricks is the one you mention. My first target is to get the airforce out of the UPSMON script as they dont seem to benefit as greatly from this script as the infantry dudes. In other words, there is work being done on this end. However, it can take a while as time is limited :)

Thanks for the ear, Spirit.

I really wish that BIS would have done something like this in the supports - helo transport module, too. The randomness of AI behavior is maddening at times. I can be standing in a nice grassy clearing that an entire squadron of helcopters could land in and my lone evac will find the nearest tree to wreck in.

Edited by lawndartleo