Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Battlefield 4

Battlefield 3 singleplayer is terrible!

It's so linear I can barely stand it however the "Comrades" mission is too cinematic to dislike and the tank missions have the heaviest tanks I’ve ever played in a game.

The air mission was a big joke.

And the rest I hardly remember any more. Co-op was nice.

Also it’s a big missed opportunity that singleplayer didn’t contain any helicopter missions to train players for multiplayer so instead they had to learn it in live battles with terrible results.

Overall if devs are not going to care about singleplayer at least make it a good training experience for players before they go multiplayer.

I’m having higher hopes for Battlefield 4. Doesn’t seem like we’re ever going to see another triple-A war game with such radical maneuvers such as flanking or anything other than walking straight down a corridor though.

Aaanyways… I’m just waiting for bots to come back.

I like winning all the time, f*ck me right? Matchmaking puts you again better and better players until it's an even fight and constantly being challenged isn't relaxing to me.

Blue tanks!

But the weapon\vehicle selection and customization is pretty nice.

Damn you to hell BF4 always luring me in with your sweltering sexiness while demasculating my purchase power with your macho head games! :mad:

I'll hate the game within days, hate myself within minutes, but much like proximity to an Imperial Starship -doomed by tractor beam.... :(

Damn you to hell BF4 always luring me in with your sweltering sexiness while demasculating my purchase power with your macho head games! :mad:

I'll hate the game within days, hate myself within minutes, but much like proximity to an Imperial Starship -doomed by tractor beam.... :(

Much the same - I like the MP at first - before the hacks get into full swing.

Funny stuff that, the first few days - everyone is pretty much on an even playing field and then, once the little rubber wanker brigade buy their hacks from isuckatgamezsoIhastocheat.com, you start to see the 70/1 KDR and the ubiquitous 'I'm just good n00bz0r11111!!!!111!'.

At any rate, it's good mindless fun :D

Don't forget to buy all the DLC on launch to get the complete experience.

The moment you realize that BF4 has more unique vehicels than the new Arma.....

At any rate, it's good mindless fun :D

i'll be mindless for a few days i guess :)

Don't forget to buy all the DLC on launch to get the complete experience.

might as well, i only got BF3 with the first DLC, after that i stopped playing because i couldn't be bothered with shelling more money for each one.

where is my like button

At first I was excited with this, thought would be BF2 2 but it's more and enhanced BF3, so I'm probably skipping this. Not a bad game but too over the top on everything for my taste.

Well the code is preloaded , just a matter of waiting until 09:00 now and then the personal review can begin , whilst i am unlikely to buy it until like BF3 the premium is on a sale like Black Friday or something £15 for premium , its nice to at least get a preview of the code , until then GTA V online will hopefully keep me occupied when it arrives.

I find myself always questioning whether or not I can go for another 'mindless fun' shooter. It's probably prudent to wait for a Premium Edition version where you get all the stuff cheaper and at once, though. Somehow the taste of Battlefield has gone stale.

I find myself always questioning whether or not I can go for another 'mindless fun' shooter. It's probably prudent to wait for a Premium Edition version where you get all the stuff cheaper and at once, though. Somehow the taste of Battlefield has gone stale.

I feel the same way especially seeing the poor art direction is back in the game, overly done lens flares, washed out graphics, over exposed lighting, and super dark interiors etc...

20 minutes in...... HOLY F__K!!.

Forget what you remember about BF3 ...

Blue tint is gone, outdoors are a lot less blurry.....performance is even better.

And it has LEAN!.... go to a corner, aim and it leans when you go to sights.

Beta map is freaking awesome..

Battlefield is back.

Edited by jblackrupert

And it has LEAN!.... go to a corner, aim and it leans when you go to sights.

That right there sounds like some excellent game design. :)

Looking forward to giving it a try myself later. (After work. :mad:)

Is there still lens flare crap all over the screen, or have they "fixed" that aswell?

That right there sounds like some excellent game design. :)

Looking forward to giving it a try myself later. (After work. :mad:)

Is there still lens flare crap all over the screen, or have they "fixed" that aswell?

No, so far it's clear and beautiful. I just jumped in, didn't change any settings.

It's what BF3 should have been, you can peek over walls also.... like RO2 but it's automatic, no pushing CTRL or any keys

Haven't had much chance to get into nitty gritty, but first sight you could tell it's gonna be good.

edit: VOIP CONFIRMED!!!!!

Edit: Cranked it up to Ultra from "auto" and the picture got blurrier like BF3, Lens flares appeared and sun got brighter.

Video settings has resolution scaling.

You can disable kill messages.

Edited by jblackrupert

Lots of stuttering going on at the moment, which seems to be a pretty widespread problem. New NVIDIA beta drivers didn't help, nor did the older 320.49 version suggested on reddit.

I guess that's what the beta is for. ;)

Otherwise it's pretty sweet though.

Lots of stuttering going on at the moment, which seems to be a pretty widespread problem. New NVIDIA beta drivers didn't help, nor did the older 320.49 version suggested on reddit.

I guess that's what the beta is for. ;)

Otherwise it's pretty sweet though.

same here , i had to go and get more memmory when i saw in taskmanager it said 1.5 gig :)

i then decided to read the recommended spec: 4 GB memory (8 GB for 64-bit operating systems) , think i will wait now for a while and go back to GTAV online (which is great too) on the console , ive seen enough to know it will be worth getting Premium in the sales early next year

The moment when you realize that the marketing staff and budget for BF4 is greater in terms of money and personnel than the entirety of BIS, and all their content is farmed out to drones by corporate as opposed to being constructed by actual mainline dev staff...

...is when you wake up in the real world.

The moment when you realize that the marketing staff and budget for BF4 is greater in terms of money and personnel than the entirety of BIS, and all their content is farmed out to drones by corporate as opposed to being constructed by actual mainline dev staff...

...is when you wake up in the real world.

shh you will have the RV modding community in here saying content makers get paid ? :)

I had Arma like performance in the beginning with fps in the teens and major gpu usage bottlenecking. Updating to 331.40 nvidia drivers fixed it for me though. Running great now. full gpu usage. 60-80% cpu usage on all 8 threads/cores. Lots of noisy folks in the forum having problems though.

Beware of the latest Nvidia drivers.

They work in games fine but lots of people are having issues with freezing, mouse vanishing, streaming video skipping

scrolling in browsers and documents is difficult, typing is delayed.

Battlefield 4 will post a nag message for you to update to anything over 320.00 or higher but if your drivers ain't broke, don't fix them

or be prepared to roll back.

There's also SweetFX, makes games look even better

Use SweetFX Configurator, it's a tool that let's you manage SweetFX for each game.

http://sweetfx.thelazy.net

Note to self: SSD or bust, the load time is atrocious on a HDD. EDIT: On HDD it took minutes, on SSD it was essentially instantaneous.

Also, interesting claim from someone who gave the beta a shot:

Movement is a lot slower and, with the current available equipment, single shots/bursting is a lot better than auto fire at anything but close range. Vehicles also die a lot quicker, but if you do hit and run attacks you'll notice that they regenerate a lot faster by default. So overall, I kinda feel like the pace has slowed down compared to battlefield 3.
P.S. I'm admittedly interested in BF4, but merely knowing that there will be a BF4 Premium Edition is why I'm not buying at launch or preordering. Edited by Chortles

Note to self: SSD or bust, the load time is atrocious on a HDD. EDIT: On HDD it took minutes, on SSD it was essentially instantaneous.

Also, interesting claim from someone who gave the beta a shot:P.S. I'm admittedly interested in BF4, but merely knowing that there will be a BF4 Premium Edition is why I'm not buying at launch or preordering.

Yeah load times were also slow for me in B3 so no surprise there, can't get a better one as saving up for I5/mb/mem so i can play ArmA hopefully. Hopefully all the lag ssues is just beta problems. I'ts fun(the times I've been able to somewhat play) but won't replace ArmA once my new system gets straight. Less that is'nt enough for Altis map. Can play BF3 just fine so think it's just beta.

Hmm, the funny thing is that with BF3 someone noted that the DLC maps (i.e. Back to Karkand for those who bought the Limited Edition) didn't have the long load problem nor did the "beta" (read: old, buggy build) version of Operation Metro... so the problem came after that, in the release build of BF3 no less, and only the vanilla maps.