Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Battlefield 4

I assume that they are going to start doing a yearly Battlefield release as well? Unfortunate.

I assume that they are going to start doing a yearly Battlefield release as well? Unfortunate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_%28series%29

2002 Battlefield 1942

2003 Battlefield 1942: The Road to Rome

2003 Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII

2004 Battlefield Vietnam

2005 Battlefield 2

2005 Battlefield 2: Special Forces

2005 Battlefield 2: Modern Combat

2006 Battlefield 2: Euro Forces

2006 Battlefield 2: Armored Fury

2006 Battlefield 2142

2007 Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike

2008 Battlefield: Bad Company

2009 Battlefield Heroes

2009 Battlefield 1943

2010 Battlefield: Bad Company 2

2010 Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam

2010 Battlefield Online

2011 Battlefield Play4Free

2011 Battlefield 3

2011 Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand

2012 Battlefield 3: Close Quarters

2012 Battlefield 3: Armored Kill

2012 Battlefield 3: Aftermath

2013 Battlefield 3: End Game

2014 Battlefield 4

Edited by jblackrupert

I can't believe it's already been 2 years since Battlefield 3 has been released. Doesn't seem like it's been that long...

I'm somewhat excited by this, I doubt we'll see much on the 26th but I did like BF3 a lot so interested to see what BF4 has to offer

Things to be weary about.

* Lens flares

* Overdone Post processing effects

* Retarded AI

* Lame Campaign and not much Cooperative content like in BF3

* Tons of Bugs at launch like in BF3

Main culprit

ALWAYS CONNECTED DRM

BF3 was a good game though it had its problems especially on PC hated the fucking Battlelog launching is awful and slow.

* Lens flares

* Overdone Post processing effects

* Retarded AI

* Lame Campaign and not much Cooperative content like in BF3

* Tons of Bugs at launch like in BF3

Main culprit

ALWAYS CONNECTED DRM

BF3 was a good game though it had its problems especially on PC hated the fucking Battlelog launching is awful and slow.

Yeah, depiste of their worse graphics in PS3, at least you don't have to mess with battlelog.

I have played a lot BF3 and enjoyed it despite its flaws, but I think I must not support EA, seeing what they have done with a SP classic like sim city and their general business model.

Having to press a button to use freelook and have it disable your controls is retarded. I hope they pulled their fingers out of their arse for that one.

http://i.imgur.com/P2EtdRR.jpg

Still this "burning man" theme?

SOme leaked (not confirmed....yet) info from a chinese source:

--- New translation from someone who speaks Chinese ---

Originally Posted by Lasgana:

Lasgana: BF4

Lasgana: Coming October 23rd, 2013

Lasgana: development just started, expected to be done in 1 yr [Nirolak's Note: Since this is the one likely to elicit the most "this is fake" notes, I feel I should elaborate. Given some later points (like already have an internal demo), this seems to refer to EA's normal two year development cycle of a one year pre-production cycle with ~30-40 people and then ballooning up to 150-300 people to make the game after most things are prototyped and planned out. Visceral, BioWare, and a fair number of publishers outside EA also operate this way since it allows you to have multiple projects without cyclical layoffs due to scaling down in pre-production and scaling up in production. For example, during the downtime between Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, DICE's spare staff worked on making Medal of Honor's multiplayer and helping to build Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. As to what the bulk of DICE's staff worked on prior to this going into production, it's probably either a second project or, once again, other EA games.]

Lasgana: will be on pc, ps3, xbox360 and next gen consoles

Lasgana: will be one of the first games for next gen consoles

Lasgana: commander system comes back

Lasgana: profile can be linked with other devices like ipad

Lasgana: auto login, need internet all time, support cloud saves

Lasgana: easier to pickup the game, to take care of players from CoD

Lasgana: support body and voice control for this commander system

Lasgana: better battlelog integration and better stats reporting

Lasgana: supports video playback and sharing

Lasgana: have gem store for dlc and other stuff like that

Lasgana: 3 factions: russia, usa and china

Lasgana: can deploy female soliders

Lasgana: frostbite 2.0 engine

Lasgana: pc, ps4 and xbox 720 supports 64 player maps

Lasgana: 360 and ps3 will be less

Lasgana: pc, ps4 and 720 will provide 60 fps

Lasgana: already have a demo video internally within EA,

Lasgana: matching the quality of BF3 already

Lasgana: bf4 will use 80% of power of frostbite 2, wheras bf3 only 30-40%

Lasgana: modern background

Lasgana: i mean story background

---- Original Post (someone translated with google translate) ----

Lock and Mock if OLD

- BF4 has a 1yr development cycle and has a tenative launch date of oct 23rd 2013

- it will be on the big 3 current gen systems as well as next gen platforms (only sony and M$, as well as pc)

- commander role in MP will return with new tools and abilities

- voice commands

- battlelog will be tied to the game

- game will support video recording with internal replay system this might be in box or via dlc.. thats unclear or if its universal paltform inclusion

- currently there are three factions: USA, Russia, and China!!

- female charcaters (NPC's) and the ability to play as them in MP

- next gen systems and pc will support 64-player MP however current gen console releases wont

- frostbite 2.0

- next gen console versions run @ approx 60fps, current gen @ 30fps, PC will ahve an FPS lock of 100fps

- exp system will be again present

(Take this all with a grain of salt)

But yeah... 60fps console Battlefield for next gen please.

Battlefield. If I don't laugh I'll cry. Thanks for shitting all over my favorite series of all time, EA. I actually bought BF3 for the Xbox and PC. Can't believe I was such a chump. Even though BF3 had some real high points (only a couple, but they were pretty good), the Premium subscription was just too typical of EA's current strategy of "milk em till they bleed".

EA's not getting any more of my money (apart from the occasional sale, I'll buy an EA game for $5). They've eschewed quality in favor of nickle and diming their loyal fans until they finally realize they've been duped. They'll get away with it until people stop blindly throwing money at them based purely on the IP they are selling rather than the quality of their games. Hell, they could probably turn a profit purely off the idiots who preorder.

Thanks to Bohemia I don't even miss Battlefield any more.

Edited by Fuse

It fills my need for a few beers and a rush with friends , i will be keeping a close eye on it :)

for everything else that is Non CQB there is Arma 3

Main culprit

ALWAYS CONNECTED DRM

Hey, just like Arma3, nice! :mad:

I could deal with the constant in your face "achievements", deal with the loss of commander (begrudgingly),stomach the movie esque poor excuse for tension desaturation and color filters..and the fact that there were no 'unique' asset maps IE light vehicles only, helicopters but only transport with no jets and so on. But I couldn't stomach the size or rather the limitations.

The fact that I could fly up from one base to clearly see and shoot at the next in the 'largest map' of the core game was pathetic, I don't recall Kubra Dam, Daliant Plant, Gulf of Oman, Dragon Valley and the other true 64 player sized maps as being that close. Perhaps it is the draw distance, I don't know but it made the game feel much smaller. That and the fact that despite seeing a clear and open path not far away, it was a red zone.

The highlight was some city map, the majority of team assaulting the enemy head on, I decided to flank around a corner to engage them from another point...but no, that was an out of bounds zone despite having a CLEAR path. It wasn't like BF2 where red zones would lead to plains, valleys, mountains or nothingness..no this was IN THE FUCKING MAP!

XmT6j.jpg

It's like they were saying "You will play this exactly OUR way and screw you for thinking any differently" Perhaps I'm the oddball out but I enjoyed the long, 'boring' hikes around the tops and bottoms of Mashtuur City, leading a squad to take the flag at the gas station and deprive the enemy of their helicopters.

It's like they were saying "You will play this exactly OUR way and screw you for thinking any differently" .

Well yea, it's their game, they made it that way so you do play their way, same with any other game.

Just watch it:

lol

Hahaha, good one.

Metro isn't bad if you play with 20-30 people and there's no hackers.

They way they designed the maps in BF3 playing with 30 or less is better on pretty much all the maps.

Well yea, it's their game, they made it that way so you do play their way, same with any other game.

Okay perhaps that was a poor choice of words, I meant more along the lines of "you will play one way" IE close and in the fray, whereas previous BF games rewarded you for going along the edges and taking different routes, BF3 more or less forced you into constant fighting and to near always be in the fray.

One thing I missed the most in BF3 was playing against AI. It was great fun in BF2 when you just wanted to relax and shoot something instead of "bring your a-game" that BF3 emphasises so much more. I hope they bring that back.

What I absolutely hated in BF3 was how they ruined absolutely beautiful graphics with supernova, bloom, etc. Im pretty sure I lost like 20% of my eye sight since release.

Guess as long as BF4 has to run PS3 and XBOX360 there won't be so much new and different or groundbreaking stuff. Good for casual players and fans of this franchise.

I won't buy it, I can't believe this series is going that way... I was really disappointed with the third.

The best part about BF3 is the engine they've made.

The game I liked well enough but eventually got bored of, but man that Frostbite 2 is pretty amazing.

It's too bad EA owns it.. would be nice to see a good game made with that tech.