Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Battlefield 4

Doesn't SweetFX sometimes trigger anti-cheat detection?

No.

That was just a bunch of poor research by game sites, hackers spreading their usual bull and people believing the story and spreading it further.

There as a third party program that did the same thing as SweetFX but also had hacks built in for modifying weapons and vehicles values

removing the sun glare, smoke.....etc

Hackers as usual plead innocent and claimed EA/DICE/Punkbuster were banning for removing the blue tint

knowing people will go along with it because most players hated it.

SweetFX doesn't modify any files and despite it and some others being called "Injectors", they do not inject anything

into the games files or main executable.

Edited by jblackrupert

SweetFX doesn't modify any files and despite it and some others being called "Injectors", they do not inject anything

into the games files or main executable.

You need to copy the DLL's in the SweetFX_x64 folder and copy/paste and overwrite

the ones in the parent directory (Same one as the BF4 executable)

It has no need for injection when you actually replace .dll files in the BF4 folder so they are loaded into process by BF4 itself... many "cheats" have been done this way.

So unless PB accept these files and check them by MD5 and other functions theres a potential risc of it detecting them as "cheat files"!

It has no need for injection when you actually replace .dll files in the BF4 folder so they are loaded into process by BF4 itself... many "cheats" have been done this way.

So unless PB accept these files and check them by MD5 and other functions theres a potential risc of it detecting them as "cheat files"!

DICE and Punkbuster have replied to forum posts about it.

You will not be banned for using SweetFX but they will not provide support for it either.

The string of bans nearly a year ago was for a program that contained hacks, not just FXAA and and minor colour fixes.

I can't remember the name of it but it has nothing to do with removing the blue tint.

There are no reports of bans on Steam either.

any bans you hear about are the usual bullshit "I was banned for nothing" crap you get whenever a hacker gets caught.

Hackers will blame anything they can to try to get their bans overturned. FRAPS, Skype, Afterburner.... you name it

they've blamed it.

I've been using SweetFX since day one with ALL my games, never a problem.

SweetFX files doesn't replace DLL files.. Try it, you will not be asked to overwrite anything when you paste the SweetFX file's in any game folder.

You can also use "SweetFX Configurator" which will allow you to turn SweetFX on and off and tweak SweetFX settings.

SweetFX cannot be use to make other players in MP easier to see or stick out, the effects are applied to the entire scene

not individual models.

Here's a Tweet by Blizzards game director regarding SweetFX

https://twitter.com/Angryrobotics/status/201726183740686336

They do not see it as a cheat.

Given Blizzards no mercy stance on cheaters, that pretty much clears it up.

Edited by jblackrupert

You said "overwrite" before and thats never good :p

Also d3d9.dll or dxgi.dll is loaded into process space just like cheats.

I know sweetFX ain't a cheat.

You said "overwrite" before and thats never good :p

Also d3d9.dll or dxgi.dll is loaded into process space just like cheats.

I know sweetFX ain't a cheat.

I can't find the post but like I said, DICE confirmed there is no issue with SweetFX, so did Punkbuster.

I saw it, so it's not something I've heard second hand.

I've been using it for a very long time on all my games, including Arma 2.

there's even a couple threads here with Dwarden in the discussion.

You're missing out if you don't give it a try, it makes games look a lot better.

I can't find the post but like I said, DICE confirmed there is no issue with SweetFX, so did Punkbuster.

I saw it, so it's not something I've heard second hand.

Which i for sure believe, but without PB checking the .dll files is used by SweetFX they are bound to be abused like screen recording software hooks are, or simply just replaced with a new proxy .dll intercepting whatever API's needed.

Personally i'm not gonna use such modifications in MP but i will give it a go in SP to see whats it all about :)

Which i for sure believe, but without PB checking the .dll files is used by SweetFX they are bound to be abused like screen recording software hooks are, or simply just replaced with a new proxy .dll intercepting whatever API's needed.

Personally i'm not gonna use such modifications in MP but i will give it a go in SP to see whats it all about :)

Check the videos on Youtube and side by side comparison screenshots.

You'll join the darkside soon enough :cool:

Make sure you grab SweetFX configurator I linked to above, it makes things a whole lot easier then copy pasting the SweetFX files into folders.

you can tweak the image settings and install/uninstall SweetFX for each game with a single button click.

This video reminds me of playing BF3 with SweetFX (Beginning of video) and then turning it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gggOy3f6Rwo

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

New Obliteration mode available in Battlefield 4 Beta

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/try-the-all-new-obliteration-mode-2/

Edited by jblackrupert

Tried that out today. Not only is the game mode pretty cool, I also noticed that they seem to have fixed the performance issues. At least on my end, the game is running as smooth as butter now. ;)

Tried that out today. Not only is the game mode pretty cool, I also noticed that they seem to have fixed the performance issues. At least on my end, the game is running as smooth as butter now. ;)

Same here in regards to the performance. I couldn't stand playing before because of it.

The only problem I'm having still is sudden violent spasms in Choppers and while laying prone.

Shanghai definitely needs a infantry only setting and the ability to disable taking down the tower for servers.

Obliteration would be great with infantry only, maybe a single transport chopper on each side.

If you have a spare monitor, there's also this.

Edited by jblackrupert

Now that is very cool.

Been using that aswell. Very cool. :)

One common issue I've noticed with Obliteration is that certain people tend to bring the skyscraper down while the bomb is still up on top, causing it to float up in the sky, out of reach. :rolleyes:

Been using that aswell. Very cool. :)

One common issue I've noticed with Obliteration is that certain people tend to bring the skyscraper down while the bomb is still up on top, causing it to float up in the sky, out of reach. :rolleyes:

Seems like a glitch, since the last time that I had the skyscraper go down with the bomb atop it, the bomb simply fell to "ground level".

Actually liking what the beta offers, it feels much more like battlefield 2 with its open spaces and more logical map boundary setup.

Still holding off on any pre order though, need to make sure the rest or most of the game has the same design and that its not a one unique map case to lure people in.

Gotta give kudos for having helicopters on a map but not jets for once, that is one thing I loathed about BF3 big time, you got these small maps just large enough for some heli's but a kill box for jets given their ability to slow down and speed up, not to mention the various unlocks that made them so damned OP.

There was better one where the skyscraper elevator button on the ground floor still functioned after it fell so you got teleported into the sky when you pushed it.

Hopefully they'll make icons move when you are standing in the elevator while it is "Moving" instead of just those lights giving the illusion of actually moving.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Actually liking what the beta offers, it feels much more like battlefield 2 with its open spaces and more logical map boundary setup.

I just hope that the release continues more maps in the same spirit and its not a case of one large open map to pull wool over the eyes for pre-orders.

It's a near copy of the Bridge at Remagen map from Battlefield 2142.

Awesome game if you ok with the dated engine.

Still holding off on any pre order though, need to make sure the rest or most of the game has the same design and that its not a one unique map case to lure people in.

Gotta give kudos for having helicopters on a map but not jets for once, that is one thing I loathed about BF3 big time, you got these small maps just large enough for some heli's but a kill box for jets given their ability to slow down and speed up, not to mention the various unlocks that made them so damned OP.

I'll note that the size and map skyscraper (when it's still up) were of particular interest in Obliteration mode, since when you don't have an AA vehicle to dominate the sky with, a pilot in a AH-1Z Viper or the WZ-10 ("Z-10W" in-game, whereas BF2 previously had it as the WZ-10) skill can be hilariously brutal to the opposing team, particularly due to the frequency of the bomb spawning atop or near the skyscraper, making the attack helo dominate the airspace in the skyscraper's vicinity.

Some changes to the game

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2955065670109204478/

"RPG7 and SMAW can no longer lock on to Laser Designated Targets. It was inauthentic and not balanced."

However, it goes on to say "Reduced the lock on distance for RPGs, SMAW, and MBT LAW missiles to 350m from 500m"

Some interesting peeks at maps

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/bootcamp/multiplayer

It looks like stormy weather may be added to Shanghai maybe.....

When you click the "Weather" link it shows what looks like Shanghai raining and blowing.

Music has lost it's farty quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUJZ1vbqx7o&hd=1

As opposed to this

Music has lost it's farty quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUJZ1vbqx7o&hd=1

Funny thing is that the BF3 theme itself isn't so bad except for "That" part that you heard all the time in the game.

Still could do without the synthetic final beat, drums or something else would be a nicer, it is a better mix of the original and the newer.

Edited by NodUnit

Yeah that transition to 3 is pretty jarring...sad part is not the whole theme is like that but they focus on the worst part of it it, the most distorted. (it would be like the arma 3 theme being focused on the 1:00 mark)

Though laughing my guts on BF5, after I turned my subwoofer down.

Edited by NodUnit

Off topic.

Couple of songs in the Arma 3 soundtrack copied off other songs. "Underwater" is a rip of "Ready Steady Go!" by Paul Oakenfold.

the other one I can't remember what it copied

At least it ain't farts.

New map videos

Hopefully there is a server side option to disable the levee and tower destruction

for those who prefer that.