@linconlou

Yeah I see what you mean about raw sounds, I get that.

But as far as "Perhaps there is a method of recording sounds from war footage to get the perfect M4 or whatever sound you need."

that simply just isnt true.

If they had a "perfect" method everyone would use it.

But, RH is probably busy working on the extra stuff he is putting in the m4 pack anyway, also I will just use ACSE when it comes out, but if you want you can use JSRS with this mod once it gets compatiblity.

Robert are you going to do a machine gun and sniper pack? do you plan to add something more? like a pack only for attachments? a launchers pack? will you do your own explosives pack?

There will be new sounds those will be probably final because i dont wanna change the sounds after each update

and they wont be "perfect" since that would require real life recording with min 5 profi mics around the guns to capture the sound properly so not gonna happen :D

About attachments - there will be alot of new attachments and you cant have a Laser with flashlight together > Game engine limit

Machine gun pack - will be but not much soon as i done with m4/m16 then i will probably start that pack , Sniper pack - maybe dunno

if all things goes well then the m4/m16 pack update could be released around bootcamp dlc time

Edited by RobertHammer

Well it's because you have the best weapons addons in my opinion, and i would love to see some sniper rifles from you

Well it's because you have the best weapons addons in my opinion, and i would love to see some sniper rifles from you

Am not against sniper rifles but there are 2 things that makes it "bad" in A3 - missing bipod feature and bolt action animations :/

maybe after Marksman DLC ?

Well you already have bipod on some of your weapons and it works nice with mods like TMR or AGM.

Well you already have bipod on some of your weapons and it works nice with mods like TMR or AGM.

Ye but i would prefer it in the core of A3

Ye but i would prefer it in the core of A3

Dont trust BI,i think they will never let that happen,lol…:mad:

btw who likes to do a alot of config job , send me a PM :p

also who likes to do UI pics for me

Edited by RobertHammer

I would be willing to do UI pics for you, but I have only 1 or 2 times of any experience with arma 2 texture files (paa) so you would need to tell me which program to use to make paas.

I don't have Photoshop though I use Paint.net

And I assume you want me to take some picture of the items from a straight profile or you want stuff to be drawn too, for like mags.

btw who likes to do a alot of config job , send me a PM :p

also who likes to do UI pics for me

Could see what i can do UI wise, drop me a PM when you want.

Also i would kill for a SMG pack. They're truely lacking in A3.

Could see what i can do UI wise, drop me a PM when you want.

Also i would kill for a SMG pack. They're truely lacking in A3.

I will do the standart UI pics and then i will send them soon - you will have to create those 7 variants of it per weapon :D

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2_Weapon_to_Arma_3#Inventory_Icons

Still surprised how this system is "better" in A3 - i would rather have 1 icon than creating 8 icons per weapon

I like it how they did it in Dayz SA - there are no 2D icons for weapons , there used 3D previews instead - thats quite smart unlike A3 gear icons

Edited by RobertHammer

The Harris animated deployable bi-pod is the best so far. It animates like yours but only when you deploy it and raise it. Really cool. Now if they were to add (can't remember which modder it was) the BF bipod style when the gun swivels on the bipod, man that would be awesome. I seriously can't find the guys work now. It looked really good!

Hey RH,

Any plans to release an update with the weapon sounds now that the dev branch has been updated?

I like it how they did it in Dayz SA - there are no 2D icons for weapons , there used 3D previews instead - thats quite smart unlike A3 gear icons

I still remember the glorious days back then, when they were keep saying "The inventory system will change". Some nights I still dream about it.

Anyway you are just right.

Hey RH,

Any plans to release an update with the weapon sounds now that the dev branch has been updated?

He said on the previous page that an update will be released around the time the sound config changes effect the main branch - when "Bootcamp" is released.

I have a program that makes the set of UI icons from the required base images, just never got around to finishing it before it was holiday time....... Will put the source on GitHUB when I'm back. I generated about 127 images in 10 minutes for ADF UNCUT using it, a lot of the paths are hard coded to my requirements is the reason I didn't release it

I have a program that makes the set of UI icons from the required base images, just never got around to finishing it before it was holiday time....... Will put the source on GitHUB when I'm back. I generated about 127 images in 10 minutes for ADF UNCUT using it, a lot of the paths are hard coded to my requirements is the reason I didn't release it

Mate if you make some beta of it , that would save me alot of time :p

Funny to say that, I was actually considering coding one (A program to make the icons) for you, but my skills are rusty and I lost all the stuff I use to make decent interfaces.

Good to see someone is helping you out.

*(My foul up)*

All apologies.

Edited by TheShroud

Forum rules, you cant ask for release dates.

Also, asking doesn't change it, now does it?

Your welcome, next time it might not be a nice person telling you. :eek:

Trust me.

Your welcome.

I'm surprised nobody reported his post... hey robert will you add the BARRETT M468? or have you done it already?

Rec7 is just one of the names

---------- Post added at 03:17 ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 ----------

The real difference was in the gas tube of the gun