Would it be possible to tweak the front sight posts on the M4s and M16s? They aren't quite the right shape; it should taper and slowly curve outward instead of being a block and then dog legging all of the sudden.

If it makes you feel any better, the front sight posts on my AR-15 looks exactly as it's modeled in RH's guns. I suppose it depends entirely on the manufacturer of the front sight block.

Would it be possible to tweak the front sight posts on the M4s and M16s? They aren't quite the right shape; it should taper and slowly curve outward instead of being a block and then dog legging all of the sudden.

A version of the M4 with the flip up sight that the "M16a4 Matech" has would be awesome too.

Hats off to you and your team for all the hard work.

Shame you didnt tell me this much earlier when i was reworking the lods etc - you are right but i dont really feel to rework all the lods and i got 14 p3ds with that gas block .. so maybe dunno

M4 with Matech BUIS is done

RH are you familiar with KAC's SR-47? Just discovered this gun's existence, would be great to have in A3!

RH are you familiar with KAC's SR-47? Just discovered this gun's existence, would be great to have in A3!

You mean the AR-15 that accepted 7.62x39 AK mags? Hehe, I wasn't expecting this. After all, less than ten (I think it was something like seven) of these were ever fielded, and they practically disappeared into the bowels of USSOCOM, never to be seen again.

However, I admit that'd be pretty cool.

EDIT: I tried Google-ing some pictures, but I can't seem to find any pictures of the actual firearm. Apparently the damn thing is more prevalent in Airsoft than in real life. So here's a picture from popular Japanese animated series CAT SHIT ONE

062110_cat_sht_one_apocalypse_meow_t.jpg

Good article on it as well

Edited by 13isLucky

You mean the AR-15 that accepted 7.62x39 AK mags? Hehe, I wasn't expecting this. After all, less than ten (I think it was something like seven) of these were ever fielded, and they practically disappeared into the bowels of USSOCOM, never to be seen again.

However, I admit that'd be pretty cool.

They fielded a few hundred of them with army special forces during the initial stages of the Afghan war but they were ultimately returned to Knights Armament citing reliability issues.

The original concept was to allow army SF to take ammunition from fallen enemy combatants and northen alliance soliders they were working with to help ease logistical issues with carrying 5.56mm M4A1's.

In testing they worked perfectly fine with factory ammo and mags, however in afghanistan only a small minority of high level commanders used russian weapons and ammo from the 80's, majority of the weapons and ammo in afghanistan at the time (and still today) are manufactured in an area known as the 'Khyber Pass', an lawless area on the Pakistan/Afghan border in which a lot of weapon markets are located, the weapons made here are almost exact clones, down to even the stamping on the weapons however they're made from poor quality materials, railway tracks, car parts even old tanks from the soviet era, you name it.

The issue is combining the stamping process of manufacturing AK's with metal melted down from an engine block and hammered into form like a blacksmith results in poor quality and somewhat unsafe.

This also carries over to ammunition, reused casing for many years with propellants made from old camera film and lead projectiles cast from hand and loaded at low pressures that wouldn't even cycle most modern weapons.

These reliability issues with the rounds and magazines ended in SOCOM ditching the rifle due to how unreliable it was without factory rounds.

It was also reportedly quite loud, even for an AK and was supplied with a KAC made supressor to counteract this.

Peshawar is more known for this than the Khyber Pass but since it's in the general area... Too bad as I have the old OFP models by baconbomb in my repository.

SR47 was a cool gun for its time - as said above cheap old ammo killed the gun which was the main idea to create such weapon

so most likely i wont add the original SR47 but in the future i might add some ar15 similar to sr47

Edited by RobertHammer

Shame you didnt tell me this much earlier when i was reworking the lods etc - you are right but i dont really feel to rework all the lods and i got 14 p3ds with that gas block .. so maybe dunno

M4 with Matech BUIS is done

Oh well, at least I can have an (almost) exact replica of my service rifle. :thumb:

Thanks man.

Any chance of an AK pack? The ArmA 2 one was a beauty and having all these plastic tacticool guns but no AKM with wood furniture is a sin

Oh well, at least I can have an (almost) exact replica of my service rifle. :thumb:

Thanks man.

Was the Matech standard issue? I remember someone telling me that the carrying handles were usually replaced with KAC sights. Or do they have both?

Was the Matech standard issue? I remember someone telling me that the carrying handles were usually replaced with KAC sights. Or do they have both?

The rifles come from the factory with the sight in my picture. When my old company got shiny new M4s to replace their old M16a2s, they had the same sight on them.

Hey Robert, I'd really like to see how the Machine Guns are coming when you get the chance to maybe show some screens later on. I'm really excited to see them due to I freaking loved your M16/M4 pack from the start, I know you're adding in a bunch of new optics, I do have a good reccomendation to add different versions of the ACOG scope, there is some that have BUIS on them, like the one below, share your thoughts please. :D

http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/317424859/ACOG-Xdoptic-4x32-Optical-Rifle-Scope-11MM-and-21MM-rail.jpg

http://looserounds.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/2013-05-02-15-25-19.jpg]http://looserounds.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/2013-05-02-15-25-19.jpg

Yes there will be the Ta01NSN - MG pack will be later because of masive delays and slow progress of M16/M4 pack (irl work etc)

also those acogs get tan versions aswell except ta648

Hey Robert is there any chance of getting an ETA on either the M4 update or when the accessories pack will be released? The teasers are killin me! haha

Would you possibly give thought on sights like these?

All hybrid types.

http://m.laruetactical.com/sites/default/files/755-30-t_compatability_chart_0.jpg

Would really like these optics, it's a real shame that BIS never think to add these types considering they are widely used throughout the military.

There will be Eotech hybrid sights but i dont have any aimpoint magnifier especially the larue one ,but in the future i might add hybrids like in those pics

---------- Post added at 10:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Hey Robert is there any chance of getting an ETA on either the M4 update or when the accessories pack will be released? The teasers are killin me! haha

ETA on M4 ? hmm i dont even know , theres still alot of work also making those gear pics is a pain (8 icons per 1 weapon) so dunno

accessories pack - still thinking if i release it before M4 or all together

also soon there will be PDW update that will use proper ammo and it will require ASDG Joint Rails so you can use any optic you want

That sounds awesome, I would release the accessories before hand, that way our thirst is quenched. Also I want to see what new scopes you've added. And a question for you, the two optics with the wires that don't have visible backup sights because of the wire in the way, have you possibly fixed that?

That sounds awesome, I would release the accessories before hand, that way our thirst is quenched. Also I want to see what new scopes you've added. And a question for you, the two optics with the wires that don't have visible backup sights because of the wire in the way, have you possibly fixed that?

Wires? you mean TA31 RCO? well that dont have any backup sight just over optic view like in A2 ACE

but there will be a TA31F RMR - which is almost like RCO + RMR sight on top and TA01 NSN

IF you ask me I would release the accessories pack as soon as possible. ;)

Maybe today lol... cause you love us.

There will be Eotech hybrid sights but i dont have any aimpoint magnifier especially the larue one ,but in the future i might add hybrids like in those pics

You talked about the Eotech hybrid with magnifier, are you going to be making it 3d? and animated?