tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the Virtual Ammobox System, there's no weapons or such available in the system for use.

Please help me!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149077-Virtual-Ammobox-System-(VAS)/page5

Edited by Foxhound
moved your post in the thread, I fail to see why you need to start a new thread while linking to here.

Ugh, it was working when I tested it so something didn't package right. Looking into it now and hotfix will be available in 10 minutes.

*Edit* Hotfix available

Armafiles.info v0.5 Hotfix

Edited by Tonic-_-

Ugh, it was working when I tested it so something didn't package right. Looking into it now and hotfix will be available in 10 minutes.

Sweet. Also, it was not possible to load previously saved loadouts, if it matters.

Sweet. Also, it was not possible to load previously saved loadouts, if it matters.

The initial version v0.5 broke everything related to the menu (minus your current gear being displayed). But with the hotfix everything should work now.

can it be possible that the 30rnd 7.62 Ammo for the MXM 7.62 is missing?

i only see the 20rnd 7.62 ammo for the EBR

Great system here! nice job man:) one question please. How would I remove NVG's from the selection?

can it be possible that the 30rnd 7.62 Ammo for the MXM 7.62 is missing?

i only see the 20rnd 7.62 ammo for the EBR

I'm looking at the config inside the game right now, there is no 30rnd 7.62 only 20rnd 7.62

Great system here! nice job man:) one question please. How would I remove NVG's from the selection?

There is no way to limit NVG's only unless you edit open.sqf and put in the vas_items an array of items that you want to only be available. You can make specific guns, magazines, items, backpacks and goggles available but no way to restrict a single item. I can look into such a feature in the next release.

Just so we are on the same level.

The new version now lets you limit ammo and weapons? As in Limit the type of weapon each side can use and the amount?

Also where is this handled? Open.sqf? and where else?

Thanks.

Just so we are on the same level.

The new version now lets you limit ammo and weapons? As in Limit the type of weapon each side can use and the amount?

Also where is this handled? Open.sqf? and where else?

Thanks.

That feature has been in since version 0.4

And yes the options / arrays are located in open.sqf

Example of how to add specific items/guns/magazines/backpacks/goggles that you want to be available:

vas_weapons = ["srifle_EBR_ARCO_point_grip_F","arifle_Khaybar_Holo_mzls_F","arifle_TRG21_GL_F","Binocular"];

vas_magazines = ["30Rnd_65x39_case_mag","20Rnd_762x45_Mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green"];

vas_items = ["ItemMap","ItemGPS","NVGoggles"];

vas_backpacks = ["B_AssaultPack_rgr_Medic"];

vas_goggles = [""]; //"" for no goggles

BUGS:

- Claymores don't get added.

- The current magazine in your firearm is NOT loaded when you load. If you saved with 9 magazines (including the one in the gun), you will load and have 8 (including the one in the gun). This applies for pistols (save with two magazines, load with one the one in the gun) and rocket launchers (3 rockets at save, 2 rockets at load).

BUGS:

- Claymores don't get added.

- The current magazine in your firearm is NOT loaded when you load. If you saved with 9 magazines (including the one in the gun), you will load and have 8 (including the one in the gun). This applies for pistols (save with two magazines, load with one the one in the gun) and rocket launchers (3 rockets at save, 2 rockets at load).

Working on the magazine issue but thank you for pointing out the claymores!

Apparently the scope of the claymore is 1 (which is odd it should be 2 as anything below 2 isn't meant to be used).

*Edit*

UPDATE: v0.6

Notes:

With this update and the fixes it was required to reset custom loadout slots..

Change log:

Fixed: Claymores weren't under magazines

Fixed: When loading from a save you would be missing one magazine for each weapon.

Fixed: Attachments for guns in backpack/vest/uniform did not carry over saves & loads

Fixed: Minor fix but fixed the load of items so now when loading a saved preset everything should be in the exact order when you saved.

Download:

Armafiles.info v0.6

Edited by Tonic-_-

thanks Tonic,

Nice update - any chance when updating a save it copies the name to the entry below so you don't have to keep typing over it each update to a kit?

Is there a way of showing a gauge to show how much gear space is left? - like the equip interface has already...but overall rather than per vest/backpack/clothing

I noticed the mine detector shows in weapons but adds to items...this must still be a bug in game.

BUGS:

- Load on respawn broken.

- Kits (toolkit, etc) do not get added to inventory.

- Items get added to the wrong parts of inventory.

BUGS:

- Load on respawn broken.

- Kits (toolkit, etc) do not get added to inventory.

- Items get added to the wrong parts of inventory.

1: Saying it's broken isn't helpful. You need to be more specific. And you may need to edit open.sqf to enable it. It's the vas_onRespawn variable. It's disabled by default.

2: You need a backpack to add toolkits & medkits, it works perfectly fine and that's a engine thing, not a scripting thing.

3: Nothing can be done about it

Edited by Tonic-_-

I redownloaded it and everything that can be fixed now works.

BUG:

Upon respawn I can't throw grenades (even though it says I have them).

3. Fixed and working > GET-SET-Loadout

BUG:

Upon respawn I can't throw grenades (even though it says I have them).

That bug seems to occur on team/squad leader soldier classes mostly.

There seems to be a problem when editing a saved loadout and you try to get rid of your magazines, that it will load up your inventory with a random amount of 6.5mm magazines and hand or smokegrenades.

It's a rare occasion, and some players on our server haven't encoutered that so far while others do it every match.

There seems to be a problem when editing a saved loadout and you try to get rid of your magazines, that it will load up your inventory with a random amount of 6.5mm magazines and hand or smokegrenades.

It's a rare occasion, and some players on our server haven't encoutered that so far while others do it every match.

Umm, never encountered that.. Still trying to reproduce that effect, could more specific details be given? like which gun they were using? I think it may be possible that people are clicking on Rearm on the ammo box without knowing as that is the only way I had that happen..

On a update note, I have changed the final system again to fully correct the inventory slots so that everything is loaded in the correct order. However I will be withholding that update till I get around to cleaning up the GUI and adding options to sort item types & weapon types, etc. Once that is completed and released though consider it the last update to VAS till the beta and full game are released to correct any issues that may occur.

1: Saying it's broken isn't helpful. You need to be more specific. And you may need to edit open.sqf to enable it. It's the vas_onRespawn variable. It's disabled by default.

2: You need a backpack to add toolkits & medkits, it works perfectly fine and that's a engine thing, not a scripting thing.

I have a backpack, save my loadout, and upon loading again, later on. All Kits are still missing. Med kits, first aid kits toolkits. I have a backpack, a vestpack, and still these items do not save in my gear when I save the load out in VAS... And these items are packed in my backpack or vest not on my person..

Hello!

Im using this on my server/map, working great, and i love it! however i would want to be able to disable the use of silencers on the map/mission, how do i go about that?

Have you felt the effects of the Stanag mag loading tons of mags into the loadouts yet? its happening to us daily at this point. we are sure its the .52 update. Cant wait to see the new version!