tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

well, ive narrowed down my mini freezing issue to the use of your VAS. If I come into a server without using a loadout, creating one or saving one I can be shot in a vehicle and nothing happens.

When I do use the box and use the save, load features any time im shot I get about a quarter second game freeze, so in a vehicle while taking damage from multiple small arms fire my game basically hangs until they have to reload and im not being pelted with small arms fire.

Is anyone else seeing this issue? At this point I cant find any other people with the same issue including my own team.

Ive tried reinstalling, deleting my profile folder, including my .vars file, remaking all kinds of loadouts and nothing seems to fix it without simply not using the box, which kinda sucks...

This doesn't seem remotely related to VAS, if I was to take a stab at the issue I would say there is a event handler for HandleDamage such as BTC Revive and what is happening is when every time you get 'Hit' it saves your loadout, and if you are carrying a lot of gear it may turn into a massive array constantly being called everytime you get hit.

That's the only explanation I can give you, something in the mission is using the eventhandler HandleDamage or Hit and its relating to saving gear loadout.

Most basic answer is there is bad scripting somewhere in the mission, VAS can not cause that issue as VAS only activates when you call it through the addaction.

Could be I'm trying it on 2 different missions, I'll make sure and see if that could be the issue. I'm confused mainly on how I could be the only one having the issues if what your saying is right.

hmm seeing alot of this in my rpt

Error in expression <d _display_name;
_count = _array_bullet select _id;
_array_class set [_id,0];_ar>
 Error position: <select _id;
 Error Zero divisor
Error in expression <BTC_compile_count = <null>;>
 Error position: <<null>;>
 Error Invalid number in expression
 Error Zero divisor

Edited by deethree

Could be I'm trying it on 2 different missions, I'll make sure and see if that could be the issue. I'm confused mainly on how I could be the only one having the issues if what your saying is right.

hmm seeing alot of this in my rpt

Error Zero divisor
 Error Zero divisor

Oh yeah, it's related to BTC.

Now the reason why you are the only one having the issue could be a few things and here they are.

1. Your install may be corrupted in some way, I used to suffer from that problem on A2 till I reinstalled it.

2. Your CPU isn't strong enough (Unlikely but can cause it).

3. The scripting its self for eventhandlers like Hit or handleDamage have bad code within them, causing it to lock up.

What I would do first is validate your files through steam, if that doesn't work report the errors to Giallustio if you haven't already.

Hey thanks tonic, will do and workin on it now. This is supremely frustrating

thanks Tonic for the heavy guns workaround, I really didn't expect it so quick.

appreciate the focus. I am sure BIS will be adding some themseleves as we get into Beta and final. this will save work later I suppose.

UPDATE after testing:

With the mod listed above running. I get the weapons in the list and can add them with no problems.

I can't load the AT4 (mod LAW). Ammo loads fine though.

Also the magazine info on the right side doesn't show for the heavy weapons.

i have reloaded game a number of times to make sure the changes to the scripts were taken when loading up.

Also a feature request, is there a chance the magazine info on the right can add to the inventory when double clicked?

Awesome script here my clan love it and it makes getting out and shooting stuff so much quicker. thanks again

Edited by KevsnoTrev
added info

thanks Tonic for the heavy guns workaround, I really didn't expect it so quick.

appreciate the focus. I am sure BIS will be adding some themseleves as we get into Beta and final. this will save work later I suppose.

UPDATE after testing:

With the mod listed above running. I get the weapons in the list and can add them with no problems.

I can't load the AT4 (mod LAW). Ammo loads fine though.

Also the magazine info on the right side doesn't show for the heavy weapons.

i have reloaded game a number of times to make sure the changes to the scripts were taken when loading up.

Also a feature request, is there a chance the magazine info on the right can add to the inventory when double clicked?

Awesome script here my clan love it and it makes getting out and shooting stuff so much quicker. thanks again

Interesting, I too am having issues adding the AT-4. Continuing to look into the issue, once I have found the issue I will be pushing out an updated version which will auto-detect if the item being added is an attachment and what type.

I was just wondering if you could make it a ranked virtual ammo box system also ie each class has there own weapons like AT can only pick up AT rockets.. engineer can only pick up mines, C4?

I was just wondering if you could make it a ranked virtual ammo box system also ie each class has there own weapons like AT can only pick up AT rockets.. engineer can only pick up mines, C4?

That is something I am leaving to the mission maker to do, with the knowledge something like that can easily be achieved by the mission maker by the use of vas_weapons,vas_magazines,vas_items,vas_backpacks,vas_goggles so long as Preload isn't in use.

Also after looking into the config.bin of the R3F Weapon pack, it seems to be an issue with the launcher its self, It can't be added through the command addWeapon, the default launchers work but the R3F AT4-CS does not.

*EDIT*

UPDATE: v0.9

Notes:

VAS is no longer dependent on specific classnames for uniforms,vest,headgear and attachments (Yay). A thanks to dslyecxi's Paper Doll script for giving me the reading insight to find such a method.

Change log:

Fixed: 'Heavy' based classed weapons wouldn't show in VAS.

Changed: VAS should now be compatible with all addon based uniforms,vests,headgear and attachments.

Added: Delete function on the Load menu to delete loadouts.

Changed: Cleaned up more of the code to make it efficient.

Download:

Armafiles.info v0.9

Edited by Tonic-_-

thanks tonic, nice to know about the R3F AT4-CS. I think the guys like the workaround I have as it just spawns a local ammo box for any player running the mods.

Tonic, loving this!

With the newest version there is a callout when you select the weapon. Is the idea, in the future, that you can just click on the ammo in the callout and use that, without having to go into the magazines tab ? If so that would be cool.

Tonic, loving this!

With the newest version there is a callout when you select the weapon. Is the idea, in the future, that you can just click on the ammo in the callout and use that, without having to go into the magazines tab ? If so that would be cool.

It was there to tell you what ammo the gun uses but maybe in the future I can have it do that :)

I think that would be an awesome addition to it. Saves me hunting through a HUGE number of magazines (now that A2 content is enabled by AiA!)

missing open.sqf on the new version?

Edit:

Happens after I save a mission with the VAS and a few other specialty crates on the map.

Edited by J_Thompson

I can see i in the compressed file in both the Scripts\gear and the example mission

Awesome, thanks for the update. Would it be possible to make it so there is some sort of confirmation on deleting a loadout (While I still have a few :rolleyes:)? Also, to maybe move it out of the way so it isn't right next to the "Load" button?

Here's a thing. I'm now using AiA to import all Arma2 content, and it takes about 4 seconds to VAS to populate the huge number of weapons ... FOUR SECONDS !!!! Any way to speed it up? If you can't don't worry. I can live with it :)

Here's a thing. I'm now using AiA to import all Arma2 content, and it takes about 4 seconds to VAS to populate the huge number of weapons ... FOUR SECONDS !!!! Any way to speed it up? If you can't don't worry. I can live with it :)

Enable Preload under config.sqf

Hi tonic,

I must have missed something - is there a way to not allow a certain backpack type - (mortars).

I can see on config.sqf there are mags, goggles and items, but nothing about backpacks.

I don't really want to list them all and this would prevent the hard work with the updates you did for the heavy weapons and the mods.

I might be blind and if so I do apologise.

thanks.

Hi tonic,

I must have missed something - is there a way to not allow a certain backpack type - (mortars).

I can see on config.sqf there are mags, goggles and items, but nothing about backpacks.

I don't really want to list them all and this would prevent the hard work with the updates you did for the heavy weapons and the mods.

I might be blind and if so I do apologise.

thanks.

I had an issue with using that method on backpacks and I didn't want to spend more time focusing on why that option didn't work when there were other things to do. I suppose later today I can look into making that option work for backpacks and just post the code changes and leave the release of it for a bigger upcoming up.

Hello I have tried copying and pasting those lines into the initialization box and the description area of the editor. When I attempt to access the box in the preview the words "Virtual Ammo system" are red and i get an error message "unable to find gear.sqf.

can ya help me out?

^^ thanks Tonic (again)no rush

Hello I have tried copying and pasting those lines into the initialization box and the description area of the editor. When I attempt to access the box in the preview the words "Virtual Ammo system" are red and i get an error message "unable to find gear.sqf.

can ya help me out?

you need to make sure the "gear" folder from the compressed file is in your mission folder.

Well now I get a "VS DIAG not found" I suppose I'll just need to wait for a detailed tutorial there is a basic step I seem to miss or don't understand.

Oh well I guess I'll just scatter all the boxes in one area.

did you add the two lines in the description.ext?

I suggest re-read the very first post, its all in there...