tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

I have a backpack, save my loadout, and upon loading again, later on. All Kits are still missing. Med kits, first aid kits toolkits. I have a backpack, a vestpack, and still these items do not save in my gear when I save the load out in VAS... And these items are packed in my backpack or vest not on my person..

I still can't reproduce the issue with .6 but regardless should be fixed in .7

Have you felt the effects of the Stanag mag loading tons of mags into the loadouts yet? its happening to us daily at this point. we are sure its the .52 update. Cant wait to see the new version!

No I have not, could you explain the exact steps you are doing so that I can try to produce this issue?

Hello!

Im using this on my server/map, working great, and i love it! however i would want to be able to disable the use of silencers on the map/mission, how do i go about that?

Hi, There is currently no way to disable / restrict certain items, there is however a way to add certain weapon / items that you wish to only be accessed. You can do so by opening gear\open.sqf and looking at each variable towards the bottom, each variable has description and an example usage. I will look into adding the ability to restrict items in the next update.

UPDATE:v0.7

Notes:

With the new ability to restrict items currently you cannot restrict backpacks / weapons, if you really need to limit them, use the options added in from VAS v0.4 for limiting weapons / backpacks.

Also with v0.7 the configuration options were moved from open.sqf to config.sqf

Change log:

Fixed: Further attempts to fix issues with save / load feature.

Fixed: Mine detectors no longer need the requirement for a backpack.

Fixed: Limiting backpacks through vas_backpacks did not work.

Changed: Now when changing uniforms / vests you won't lose your items for them.

Added: Ability to add weapon attachments to either your gun or your gear.

Added: Ability to restrict magazines types, items and goggles.

Added: When highlighting a weapon it will now display what magazines can be used for it.

Download:

Armafiles.info v0.7

Edited by Tonic-_-

Ok, cool i get it, so i have to list every item except the silencers in the open.sqf file if i want to exclude them (config.sqf since v 0.7?). If anyone could compile a complete conig.sqf file for me without silencers enabled then i would be greatfull lol.

Ok, cool i get it, so i have to list every item except the silencers in the open.sqf file if i want to exclude them (config.sqf since v 0.7?). If anyone could compile a complete conig.sqf file for me without silencers enabled then i would be greatfull lol.

No, v0.7 you can now restrict specific items. Just open config.sqf and follow the example at the bottom.

No, v0.7 you can now restrict specific items. Just open config.sqf and follow the example at the bottom.

Oh great! thanks man! i even see that you have it as an example in the config.sgf file hehe :D

I got it working, i now have disabled silencers on my maps, but now i have a problem with not being able to save/load the loadouts... It says the mission maker has disabled this feature. Even tough i have vas_disableLoadSave = false;

Very strange.

Edited by Vimes

Thanks great feature

Oh great! thanks man! i even see that you have it as an example in the config.sgf file hehe :D

I got it working, i now have disabled silencers on my maps, but now i have a problem with not being able to save/load the loadouts... It says the mission maker has disabled this feature. Even tough i have vas_disableLoadSave = false;

Very strange.

That is strange, will look into it.

Is it still happening? Because I can't seem to get that to happen.

Edited by Tonic-_-

That is strange, will look into it.

Is it still happening? Because I can't seem to get that to happen.

Yep, i still have this, only thing i added to the config.sqf was :

vas_onRespawn = true;

vas_disableLoadSave = false;

//Items to remove from VAS

vas_r_items = ["muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_H_MG"];

And still i get the message from the mission/server that the mission maker has disabled saves and loads, i was thinking that maybe if you limit some weapons then the save/load option gets disabled automatically?

Update, solved it now, i saved the entire mission as another pbo file, and added enableSaving [false, false]; to the init.sqf, not sure what solved the problem, but it works now.

Edited by Vimes

Excelent mod.

Where can i find the location of the saved loadout ?

looking to remove the mortar, figure taking out the M252_base from the VAS would do it, where can I accomplish this?

Thanks for the scripts, makes gathering gear for my mission a lot easier.

Is it possible to make it so we can pack smaller uniform items such as helmets and goggles into our gear similarly to how it works for attachments? Furthermore, is it possible that unrecognized attachments could be packed into bags directly, so that if an incompatibility occurs we can just look in our bags and equip from there?

looking to remove the mortar, figure taking out the M252_base from the VAS would do it, where can I accomplish this?

put the classname in the config.sqf in the correct place - under backpacks.

Two bugs I just found:

Any goggles, such as tactical glasses or diving goggles, that are inside your backpack (maybe inside other inventory holders), do not properly load after being saved.

Any backpacks inside your backpack (lol), will not properly load either after being saved.

Guns don't work inside backpacks either. Uniforms and Vests do, however.

Edited by Kaelies
Added another bug

Two bugs I just found:

Any goggles, such as tactical glasses or diving goggles, that are inside your backpack (maybe inside other inventory holders), do not properly load after being saved.

Any backpacks inside your backpack (lol), will not properly load either after being saved.

Guns don't work inside backpacks either. Uniforms and Vests do, however.

1. Goggles them selves can't be added to a cargo space via scripting command, i've tried the three standard methods i.e addMagazineCargo,addMagazineCargo,addItemCargo. None of which have ever worked in adding goggles as they are under a entire different class set (CfgGoggles).

2. Never knew you could put backpack within a backpack, could add a fix later.

3. Same as above. Only learned recently some guns can be added to some backpacks.

Iam using this lovingly crafted function.

You no more need to worry about using right add function.

It works for everything (including goggles), but it will fill your uniform/vest/backpack sequentially.

Although you can play around with placeholders and add specific items right where you want them (just like here :/).

_add = {
 private ["_cargo","_item"];
 _cargo = _this select 0;
 _item = _this select 1;
 if(isClass(configFile>>"CfgMagazines">>_item)) then {
   _cargo addMagazine _item;
 } else {
   if(getNumber(configFile>>"CfgVehicles">>_item>>"isbackpack")==1) then {
     _cargo addBackpack _item;
   } else {
     if(isClass(configFile>>"CfgWeapons">>_item>>"WeaponSlotsInfo")&&getNumber(configFile>>"CfgWeapons">>_item>>"showempty")==1) then {
       _cargo addWeapon _item;  
     } else {
       _cargo addItem _item;        
     };
   };
 };
};  

Usage: [player,'whatever'] call _add;

@Tonic: Iam seeing you are slowly changing your fnc_load_gear into something i have done almost month ago

Edited by aeroson

I have a couple suggestions if you are willing to take them.

1. Add an ability to alter which gear each side gets, one for opfor/blufor.

2. On loading a customized load out, remove each item thats in the removed item array.

Love the script, I have it in almost every mission.

Would it be possible to have the script read the type of the attachment without looking at the classname in question, or to have it read the "muzzle_"/"optic_"/etc from within the string, rather than just at the very prefix? Doing so could aid in establishing mod compatibility without having modders abandon the "abc_classname" syntax used before, or even allow mod compatibility without asking for anything from the modders.

Great to hear you can look at fixes for the issues I pointed out a bit earlier, this script is very helpful for missions.

Great script you made there, really.

I would love too see ACRE items (radios) in there as well - of course only after a serverside-check for ACRE being used. Maybe a second client-side check would be necessary to keep the radios hidden for non-ACRE players.

Could and would you add that?

Great script you made there, really.

I would love too see ACRE items (radios) in there as well - of course only after a serverside-check for ACRE being used. Maybe a second client-side check would be necessary to keep the radios hidden for non-ACRE players.

Could and would you add that?

From what I have experienced so far with VAS and the ACRE beta that is floating around, is that the ACRE radios already show up in VAS.

The problem is that it lists sooo many of them it lag's out the box. It will take 20-40 seconds to load each section (weapons, mag's, items, etc).

VAS doesn't list 0ne radio of each type, like it does for each weapon, mag, item, etc. it lists a long line of the same radio, then the next radio .. but 50+ of them instead of just one.

VAS is like the magic box in ACE.. it seems to Auto add weapons that the game has loaded... It just has to be configured to only show the one item at a time.

From what I have experienced so far with VAS and the ACRE beta that is floating around, is that the ACRE radios already show up in VAS.

The problem is that it lists sooo many of them it lag's out the box. It will take 20-40 seconds to load each section (weapons, mag's, items, etc).

VAS doesn't list 0ne radio of each type, like it does for each weapon, mag, item, etc. it lists a long line of the same radio, then the next radio .. but 50+ of them instead of just one.

VAS is like the magic box in ACE.. it seems to Auto add weapons that the game has loaded... It just has to be configured to only show the one item at a time.

There isn't really a fix for ACRE radios i'm afraid.

I could limit them with the same method I do for weapons but there is a reason why ACRE lists so many radios.. Each ACRE Radio is assigned a unique ID, if two units are using a ACRE radio that has the same ID it has very bad negative effects and may break ACRE entirely.

VAS by default with no additional configuration gets all magazines, weapons, items, backpacks & goggles from the Config which is why any addon weapons like FHQ M4 Pack and other weapon packs show the weapon in the menu, so you were right there with the comparison with the ACE magic box.

Tonic, this is such a great gear system, I prefer it over the default A3 system :)

I've used it in my Hostage Rescue: Extreme mission - credits given of course.

Is there a way to limit weapons in 1 box ? as I have a PVP and I need to limit what OPFOR can access.

So 2 boxed both with different equipment in ?

Possible ?

Is there a way to limit weapons in 1 box ? as I have a PVP and I need to limit what OPFOR can access.

So 2 boxed both with different equipment in ?

Possible ?

In config.sqf do a playerSide switch statement.

i.e

switch (playerSide) do
{
case west:
{
	//If the arrays below are empty (as they are now) all weapons, magazines, items, backpacks and goggles will be available
	//Want to limit VAS to specific weapons? Place the classnames in the array!
	vas_weapons = [];
	//Want to limit VAS to specific magazines? Place the classnames in the array!
	vas_magazines = [];
	//Want to limit VAS to specific items? Place the classnames in the array!
	vas_items = [];
	//Want to limit backpacks? Place the classnames in the array!
	vas_backpacks = [];
	//Want to limit goggles? Place the classnames in the array!
	vas_goggles = [];
};

case east:
{
	//If the arrays below are empty (as they are now) all weapons, magazines, items, backpacks and goggles will be available
	vas_weapons = [];
	vas_magazines = [];
	vas_items = [];
	vas_backpacks = [];
	vas_goggles = [];
};
};

Or whichever of the VAS methods you use to restrict weapons.

In config.sqf do a playerSide switch statement.

i.e

switch (playerSide) do
{
case west:
{
	vas_weapons = [];
	vas_magazines = [];
	vas_items = [];
	vas_backpacks = [];
	vas_goggles = [];
};

case east:
{
	vas_weapons = [];
	vas_magazines = [];
	vas_items = [];
	vas_backpacks = [];
	vas_goggles = [];
};
};

Or whichever of the VAS methods you use to restrict weapons.

If you wanted to limit specific boxes rather than limit by side, you could do the same but switch for name of box rather than playerside, right?