tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

Not quite sure how to answer that question, Could you explain a bit more on the issue and how you are applying the addaction and what other script(s) you may be using?

The reason I ask is because I use this on a dedicated machine and receive no issues so there must be other scripts causing issues or the method that you are applying it.

Yeah sorry mate, it was something I did that caused the problem, silly me! Again great work!

For me, the "load on respawn" option doesnt work, so player doesnt respawn with the proper gear. Am I doing something wrong or is it a script issue?

It`s set to: vas_onRespawn = true; (in open.sqf)

For me, the "load on respawn" option doesnt work, so player doesnt respawn with the proper gear. Am I doing something wrong or is it a script issue?

It`s set to: vas_onRespawn = true; (in open.sqf)

I should of been more clear. You first need to set vas_onRespawn to true, then you goto the VAS Screen, click Load Gear, select the loadout you want to respawn with and click Load on respawn and you should then respawn with it. If you are using other scripts out there i.e BTC revive and other scripts to load gear on a respawn it may conflict and not work properly.

I`ve tried it with VAS only. I`ll give it another go, thanks for the fast reply. I`ll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: Yeah, it works now, just 1st slot was bugged out, thanks again

Edited by pero2589
Info after testing

Great script Tonic,

Great to see the 10 slots to save loadouts and keep across different missions.

I have added this into the clans current rotation so we can use what we want all the time without having to go through all the loadout each mission start.

Only issue I can find is that no matter what class on Blue side, I can't use the mine detector.

Not that I need to currently but it appears to be the only equipment/weapon that doesn't work.

cheers.:D

Only issue I can find is that no matter what class on Blue side, I can't use the mine detector.

Not that I need to currently but it appears to be the only equipment/weapon that doesn't work.

Bug with the engine, that's all I can say.

Should have been an ArmA 3 feature in of itself. I will probably use this for all my missions, works really well.

Nevermind Tonic, I think I fixed the issue. I do have one question though, do you know how I could respawn with no grenades or m203 grenades off a basic respawn?

What exactly saves the loadout to where it can be loaded through game restart?

My PvP mission has no grenades, I don't want them to have grenades or m203 grenades... But I want to allow them to respawn with the gear they died with, doesn't seem to allow that if I change 'disable load/save' to true?

What exactly saves the loadout to where it can be loaded through game restart?

My PvP mission has no grenades, I don't want them to have grenades or m203 grenades... But I want to allow them to respawn with the gear they died with, doesn't seem to allow that if I change 'disable load/save' to true?

in functions fnc_save_gear saves it. It uses the method profilenamespace setVariable. To stop them from loading/saving gear then vas_disableLoadSave = true; They will not be able to open the Save & load gear menus.

Script is running great for me in editor, but when i save as and export as a multiplayer mission to play with my friends i get an error on the lines of "Cannot find Script gear\open.sfq" Anyone have any ideas?

Save and export doesn't copy over existing scripts, you need to do that manually, one of the reasons I edit in native MP editor..

Save and export doesn't copy over existing scripts, you need to do that manually, one of the reasons I edit in native MP editor..

Thanks for the response bud, so when i edit in mp when does it put the mission, and where do i copy the scripts over to?

This sounds awesome! I'll be adding this to one of my missions tonight I think. Thanks!

Thanks for the response bud, so when i edit in mp when does it put the mission, and where do i copy the scripts over to?

Actually I'm slightly wrong, the issue happens when you save-as but set a file name other than the default, when you change name it creates a new folder in missions with only mission.sqm, so to set the name of your mission, go to "Advanced Intel" in the Editor, preview to ensure its working, and then export remembering to not change the save as name...

Love the script, its helped me a lot! :)

One last question,

Do you plan on allowing to save a loadout that you put together in the beginning of a 'round', to spawn with, but at the end of the game it be erased?

@Tonic-_-

I'll pass this up here, but it seems that the mine detector is non functional in the weapon slot. You can't actually pull it out and put it into your inventory. It seems to be misclasses when in the VAS.

This was observed in 1.4 of Seize ground.

like this alot but having some trouble getting my saved loadout to respawn with me. I saved a test loadout, then i load it, then i click load on respawn (although it actually says "LOAD ON"), then i close the dialog...i kill myself with grenade and i respawn with default solder weapon instead of my saved loadout. I have made sure to set the vas_onRespawn = true. Ive tried this in using your included test mission and also one of my own missions with same result. I am not using any of the developer builds of arma3...only the officially released original alpha.

**EDIT: well apparently the weapon respawn doesnt work with your save slot #1...you must use slot #2. Also I notice its not saving those yellow medkits for self healing (forgot what you call them)...and from what ive read i think there may be other saving issues right now.

good job, keep at it!

Edited by BigShot

Works great I love the ability to quick load my items from the save slot. I use this in combination with a different script that keeps my load out after death so you respawn with your previous setup items and ammo.

Actually I'm slightly wrong, the issue happens when you save-as but set a file name other than the default, when you change name it creates a new folder in missions with only mission.sqm, so to set the name of your mission, go to "Advanced Intel" in the Editor, preview to ensure its working, and then export remembering to not change the save as name...

This is the exact issue I'm having, but the way you explained this just leaves me even more confused.. Can someone please explain this to me in a way that I can understand. I am just trying to get the box into a multiplayer mission i'm trying to make.

I'm getting this error "Cannot find Script gear\open.sfq" even in the editor.. Not sure what I need to do.

Edited by Earacorn

UPDATE: v0.5

Change log:

Fixed: Couldn't add a mine detector

Fixed: Load on respawn didn't work for first slot

Fixed: zero divisor errors

Fixed: First aid & some other misc items didn't save to custom gear slots.

Changed: Weapons are now limited to type, no more mass amounts of weapons with just slightly different attachments

Download:

Armafiles.info v0.5

Edited by Tonic-_-

I can't see any avaible weapons when I open the gearbox for some reason, perhaps someone could help me? Please, jump on TS3 5.9.152.7:9988 and poke Fredrik!

Cheers!