Sign in to follow this  
samb

TOH flight model- if, when, how?

toh flight model is probably the only selling point of arma 3 for me atleast.

+1

I was disappointed with Take On post release support and waited for Arma 3 for my combat helicopters fix, I was ready to buy alpha at day one, right now I think I will wait until proper FM is done. To be honest I'm shocked that FM won't be a part of alpha...

@Dev

I think I didn't understand this well.

If you implement the Advanced FM, will it depend on the choosen unit or on the difficulty settings if that FM is available in a mission?

For example, will there be a Standard Littlebird and an Advanced FM Littlebird, or is it the same unit and the FM gets switched through the settings?

I'd say its two separate units as they need to use two different configs. However my answer is based on my limited examination and familiarization with adding rotorlib to non rotorlib helicopters. I am not sure if You cannot simply add a new class entry w/o rotorlib entry (I have succeded adding rotorlib only to class_base).

If the A3 engine supports it already, people could mod and port choppers themselves.

But it is unclear to me whether it is in the alpha or not at all.

;2306419']If the A3 engine supports it already' date=' people could mod and port choppers themselves.

But it is unclear to me whether it is in the alpha or not at all.[/quote']

what the point in developer if community do all the job?

Edited by n7snk

Because developers and the community generally have different priorities. First and foremost is the need to make sure infantry has better flow I imagine.

Because developers and the community generally have different priorities. First and foremost is the need to make sure infantry has better flow I imagine.

tell me about weapon resting

When I say flow I'm talking movement. I couldn't tell you about anything because I do not think as they do.

tell me about weapon resting
He said "flow" for a reason, not "camp"... *puts on flame suit*

I think a good TL;DR for DnA's initial post is "we're planning to implement the TOH flight model after the alpha, but when we go 'full game' build the included helicopters may themselves may not use the TOH flight model even if the TOH flight model is in the game".

Just to clarify, since TOH FM is going to be "Default", does that mean it's still optional? I like realism, otherwise I wouldn't play ArmA. However, any time I try to fly helicopters with that flight model, you're think I were drunk. I'd be very pleased if I could still fly like in ArmA 2.

Just to clarify, since TOH FM is going to be "Default", does that mean it's still optional? I like realism, otherwise I wouldn't play ArmA. However, any time I try to fly helicopters with that flight model, you're think I were drunk. I'd be very pleased if I could still fly like in ArmA 2.

ToH has difficulty levels which effect the flight models, on easier it is not much harder than A2.

You have auto start and stop so you don't have to go through the sequences manualy if you dont want to.

Not default it seems? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?146949-TOH-flight-model-if-when-how&p=2305558&viewfull=1#post2305558

ToH has difficulty levels which effect the flight models, on easier it is not much harder than A2.

You have auto start and stop so you don't have to go through the sequences manualy if you dont want to.

Not to mention auto trim, you dont lose control, the rotor disks don't effect one another, and the helicopter doesn't throw itself away from its tail rotor or require constant inputs to remain steady.

Because its BIS !!!

Like a boss studio, hyped with their "ARMA" games which is all but not simulators...

Because its BIS !!!

Like a boss studio, hyped with their "ARMA" games which is all but not simulators...

Do it better then.

I understand the problem in managing two different flight models in the game, switchable. It's always more complicated and generates more bugs if you need to support both.

On the other hand if rotorLib can be dumbed down a bit to be similar difficult like Arma 2 flight model, then maybe its win-win situation. One library to solve both models?

I would like the flight models to be as real as possible make em like Falcon 4.0 for planes and as hard for helicopters O say.

It adds more depth and realism.

I want the game to be as real as it can be :) so morters reqiure setting up eg ACE with range tables and the arty computer.

I understand others wont like this but thats how I feel I love the depth and feel more rewarded when I succed another example

ACE 2 snipers I mean wind,zeroing etc etc I love it and when I play PvP and take some one out at 1500m I feel well chuffed.

Do it better then.

Why me ? I am not "Arma" dev. Either modder...

How many times has it have to be repeated:

EVEN IF TOH OM IS DEFAULT FM FOR HELICOPTERS, ITS PERFECTLY FLYABLE WITH KB/ MOUSE ON EASIEST SETTINGS! If You want to fly the way You did in Arma 2, be my guest to try, but it won't let You perform fictional helicopter maneuvers any more. This is what I call a win- win: balance is saved, and fun is there for both sim and casual guys.

Why me ? I am not "Arma" dev. Either modder...

I am not sure, maybe because all you do here is trolling?:icon_cool:

Im sorry, but I am confused. So TOH flight model is 100% not in alpha and possibly not full game? Isnt that false advertiseing since that was stated as a major upgrade. This and java being taken out as well are just 2 things BI is not delivering on.

Im sorry, but I am confused. So TOH flight model is 100% not in alpha and possibly not full game? Isnt that false advertiseing since that was stated as a major upgrade. This and java being taken out as well are just 2 things BI is not delivering on.

It's not fake advertising if they never officially advertised it, they talked about it.

Apparently it's supposed to be in before the full game, but not yet (what you were to download if you download on March 5th will not have it) and no guarantee when it will be in by -- the possibility is furthermore that the default ("vanilla") helicopters won't use it even in the full game.

thats a shame i was hopeing TOH flight model was implemented.

Oh well I am sure they will in the future I really want this to stay as a sim please BIS keep it real :)

I'm most interested first and foremost in accessory support. FULL and proper support for joysticks and the like in ArmA 2 is pretty terrible, and that'd be a good start for me. Yes, you could use them in A2, but no, they were not properly implemented.