Sign in to follow this  
slatts

Alpha modding, what help will we get?

No everyone woking on russian equipment is russian btw...

What?!? Lies! i can see by your 'unallocated' location that you are also a Russian modeler!

I can confirm Arma2 character models WILL work in Arma3. They only need some slight modifications, like renaming of selections, transfering memorypoints, distributing new proxies and copypasting new bare skin hands if present. Nothing too difficult. Arma2 heads will not transfer, as the facial skeleton is completely different.

will also release publicly an arm3 quality example model? maybe the soldier and his wife so we can use female and male skeletons to expedite female creation process. thank you

Good ! We will be able to keep our french FAMAS from R3F_Armes after a little update so.

i'm watching this thread too, so keep the practical feedback and useful ideas flow ;)

Anyone mention maps ported over to A3 yet?

I'd like to see some of the maps from Arma2CO that are popular here on the new engine, that would be amazing to see and be on!

Same here Ihave tried to make an island with the take on helicopters models but its just to much hassle as bulldozer wont open as the toh models are not the same as arma2\oa and with the shaders and such just can't seem to get it working for me so I binned it off.

After asking in the toh forums for any knowledge on how to convert toh models and shaders and getting no reply put me off trying but I would love to get a couple of islands over to A3 that I have made at some stage and when I fix my hard drive ill have a few more unseen terrains to add to the mix to keep me busy again.

How will the models be handled by the old tools will bi have a conversion tool to allow visitor and bulldozer to open and work with the new models as I have not seen anything tool wise for TOH yet from the community or bi.

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

think the modding will be more like VBS 2, as it sale different modding kit for it http://products.bisimulations.com/vb-edit , https://store.bisimulations.com/products/vb-edit love to use this but 13000+ price, if still in the military I order it, for the unit :) still wandering what doing with all the lawn mowers ordered in Kuwait , lol

Edited by dragula

Going to teamkill a LOT of players. Fond memories of taking out tail rotors and watching the helicopter spin helplessly to the ground with all it's cargo.

Going to teamkill a LOT of players. Fond memories of taking out tail rotors and watching the helicopter spin helplessly to the ground with all it's cargo.

evil men, it all up to pilot AUTO ROTATION, and pitch, hope a Collective control and Differential pitch control will be nice, what the hell is auto hover, arma 3 hope no auto hover, Hovering is the most challenging part of flying a helicopter in RL.

i'm watching this thread too, so keep the practical feedback and useful ideas flow ;)

Visitor 4 with manual

sample .rtm unbinarised with any export tools /scripts

a3 sample character /vehicle/building mlods with model.cfg and Diff.png

Standard letter to employers for 10 more years of uninterupted free time :)

I am pretty sure he didn't do the drawing on that one: http://my.mmosite.com/858229/blog/ritem/vindictus_season_2_land_ho.html

Woopsy.

think the modding will be more like VBS 2, as it sale different modding kit for it http://products.bisimulations.com/vb-edit , https://store.bisimulations.com/products/vb-edit love to use this but 13000+ price, if still in the military I order it, for the unit :) still wandering what doing with all the lawn mowers ordered in Kuwait , lol

Posting videos of VBS 3D editor makes me a sad unit

out of the flight mod still have not fond one for proper helo control TOH miss it too, Cyclic and Collective control. in the Throttle is some what a Collective. still it not same Il2 dose use pitch in it with throttle and it 15 year old game

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

i hope it will be the same, will see 4 days to go.

Im planning something simple'ish like a rifle, maybe someone to hold it :)

Im planning something simple'ish like a rifle, maybe someone to hold it :)

Same here man, Bring the M4 pack over. aaaaannnnnnnd maybe an AUG....maaaaaaybe an AK-74 :p

I've finally taken the time to make myself a new G3A3 Rifle since the one in ACE looked and felt quite horrible(Looks and sound, no offence to the author(s)). Am hoping for some kind of Documentation or whatnot on how to implement weapons - what's new and different from ArmA 2 for firearms and attachments for firearms.

the question isn't what help we will get, but how we will help each other.

I hope there soon will be a forum for editing and I will try post something useful, i also intend to (with help from my friends), release some sort of basic addon with mlods for others to study.. sadly I won't be home and online until saturday, so maybe all I can bring to the table is "old stuff" already then, who knows ;)

anyway, what we need is tutorials, mlods and examples.. and we can very much provide them ourselves.

I can confirm Arma2 character models WILL work in Arma3. They only need some slight modifications, like renaming of selections, transfering memorypoints, distributing new proxies and copypasting new bare skin hands if present. Nothing too difficult. Arma2 heads will not transfer, as the facial skeleton is completely different.

Any chance this process could be one of the first things well documented or made into a Step-by-step... I only say this because I just spent the last 6 months making an ARMA II unit addon in preparation for ARMA III and as a noob it's scary seeing the conversion described as "nothing too difficult" and realizing I don't have a clear understanding of how to transfer memory points, or how i deal with new proxies (when I basically just blind faith use the proxies luckily already in my base character mlod), etc.. I'm really sorry if this conversion process is super simple and I'm just horribly ignorant, it's just that after 6 months of being in the "modder wilderness" barely getting things to work through trial and error and reverse engineering, it would be awesome if it wasn't another 6 months of forum searching and bookmarking just to finally gather all the clues into a solution.

anyways, I'm super excited for ARMA III ... and big big thanks to every ARMA modder out there that took the time to document and post over the years .. you are true modding heroes and I salute you. Without the time you took to post on the internet, make videos, and share working models and configs I would still be dead in the water. And as much as I love DAYZ, ... I wish every search for ARMA modding didn't snag 200 dayz results per one actual helpful "modding" result :)

Edited by pushBAK