Sign in to follow this  
NeuroFunker

Poll: Will you buy Arma III?

Will you buy Arma III?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy Arma III?

• YES
    • NO

buying it on first day because this is what i've been waiting for since 2011..

Steam wont define Arma 3... stop whining..

I think a lot of people will feel regret when the game comes out, don't let your hatred over something as simple as Steam to destroy your experience. I've lost my account 3 times on steam, I am willing to buy ArmA 3 either way. Because you can buy this game through retail, you'll always have proof of purchase. Good luck guys, don't get pesimistic about this. If anything, it will grow our Community and ArmA 3 will be a major breakthrough.

I didn't buy Skyrim because of Steam exclusive, I won't by X:Rebirth because of Steam exclusive. Why again should I buy A3 with Steam exclusive? The ArmA story ends at OA for me. I guess I'll go with those people having a true vision of how pc gaming should be: Chris Roberts, David Braben here I come ...

I didn't buy Skyrim because of Steam exclusive, I won't by X:Rebirth because of Steam exclusive. Why again should I buy A3 with Steam exclusive? The ArmA story ends at OA for me. I guess I'll go with those people having a true vision of how pc gaming should be: Chris Roberts, David Braben here I come ...

well u said u don't buy steam exclusive titles, you are from germany, let me assume, ur afraid of steam , because you believe steam is spying on u, thats the reason you hate it?

There's missing one option:

"YES, i wil! I don't like Steam but whatever... I love ArmA more than I hate Steam"

EDIT: And of course there's also missing

"NO, i won't! ArmA sucks."

;)

Edited by batto

There's missing one option:

"YES, i wil! I don't like Steam but whatever... I love ArmA more than I hate Steam"

lol, that one is good too.

well u said u don't buy steam exclusive titles, you are from germany, let me assume, ur afraid of steam , because you believe steam is spying on u, thats the reason you hate it?

I don't hate Steam. I'm just not accepting their terms and conditions. And I don't wear a tin foil hat while playing ... :p

true vision of pc gaming means giving up great games because you cant adapt?

its not about how you install or update a game.. its about the game

(note that I was amongst the firsts to curse upon it when they released it for Half-life 2..)

Yeah, this takes me back almost 9 years to when Half-Life 2 was about to be released and I raged hard about Steam. We eventually became good friends after the HL2 disk broke.

I can understand why a lot of people would prefer to get a non-Steam version if possible, but some of the backlash in the other thread nearly comes across as hysterical. It's happening though, so I hope the people who are put off (but buy Arma 3 anyway), end up having a painless and happy-fun time.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to buy it now due to the steam requirement. I use sprint mobile wifi for my internet connection. It's my best option for where I am at. Using steam for DRM is ok even with sprint connection. Install, hop on, verify the game, then play offline. But there is another problem. Even though BI will sell ArmA III on disk, I know from experience, after install the game will immediately log on to steam and force an upgrade of the game. It will try and download an update, most likely several gb's in size. I won't be able to cancel the update, and it will render the game useless until I do update via steam. I bought Wargames:EE on disk, not knowing it required steam. I couldn't install it without steam running, and as soon as it installed, it tried to update. I couldn't play the game without the update applied, even though I wanted to play offine. Well that costs me several gb's of cap that I don't want to use for game updates. The same thing will happen with A3.

I am very sorry to hear they went this route with Steam. So long and thanks for all the fish, BI! I guess I am stuck with A2:CO.

If the poll numbers are correct, does BI really want to lose 20% sales due to the steam requirement? Just saying......

They are still a great developer. Hope to buy their product again in the near future....

If the poll numbers are correct, does BI really want to lose 20% sales due to the steam requirement? Just saying......

Pretty sure it's mere presence on Steam will more than make up for the 30 people here :rolleyes:

true vision of pc gaming means giving up great games because you cant adapt?

its not about how you install or update a game.. its about the game

No, it's because we have principles we live by, and adapting is missing the point about principles. The point about principles is that you live by them.

Yes, I will buy ArmA 3 and DayZ, for that matter. I'm too much of a fan of this game series to let it slide, and as I've said earlier, I don't mind Steam that much. I just think it's a shame that it had to come to this: one distribution source. Still, it worries me what will become of the modding community and the dedicated mod websites, but I guess time will tell.

Even so, I hope and wish BI eventually decides to distribute their products through their own channel once again (excluding Steam keys).

Edited by colossus
rephrased

... 20% of BI forums members who chose to answer this poll versus, as froggyluv put it:
Pretty sure it's mere presence on Steam will more than make up for the 30 people here :rolleyes:
And this reaction off of the BI forums:
for me personally, it has actually made me more interested in the title than I previously was.
I think Maruk and company knew what they were getting into. ;-)

By the way, if you mean it re: boycotting any Steamworks game, then abandon all hope -- according to Maruk, BI is going all in.

Pleased to see the response going heavily toward supporting the devs with the Steam initiative.

It really is not that bad...

SGT_2AD : Install game, launch in Offline mode, then right-click the game's name, Properties, Updates tab, and change the Automatic Updates dropdown to "Do not automatically update this game.

Btw guys, especially the long time fans, you trusted in BI all this time, the company needs you now more than ever, trust in their choices and judgement and don't deprive them from giving you yet another great title just out of stubbornness or (maybe out of place/outdated?) big principles. :)

Edited by vivoune

Guys

Not yet another Steam discussion here or we close the thread and let only the poll run.

We have one thread for all the Steam discussion, we don't need 2 or 3 or more.

I will be buying it, I want to support BI in the tough times they are having. Not going to have a petty knee jerk reaction about news.

Hi, i think that this poll is very partial, don't deserve to be answered IMO. Let's C ya

Hi, i think that this poll is very partial, don't deserve to be answered IMO. Let's C ya
Agreed. "Yes" or "No" would have worked just fine, without the pejorative language thrown into the options.

I don't hate Steam. I'm just not accepting their terms and conditions. And I don't wear a tin foil hat while playing ... :p

That's so silly, a rubber hat would work better.

well the thing is, if u will buy arma, u HAVE to deal with steam, if u want not deal with steam, then you want not buy arma. As simple as that.