Sign in to follow this  
NeuroFunker

Poll: Will you buy Arma III?

Will you buy Arma III?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy Arma III?

• YES
    • NO

-Snip- After install the game will immediately log on to steam and force an upgrade of the game. It will try and download an update, most likely several gb's in size. I won't be able to cancel the update, and it will render the game useless until I do update via steam. -Snip-

If you right click the game in your library, go to properties, then to updates, you can tell Steam to not keep the game up to date. You can do this while it's installing as well so that it doesn't automatically update once the game is done installing.

Guys

Not yet another Steam discussion here or we close the thread and let only the poll run.

We have one thread for all the Steam discussion, we don't need 2 or 3 or more.

Fair enough.

Keep in mind that many of the guys who said they are dropping arma 3 and are really serious about it will no longer even be interested in this forum section at all. Thus many potential "NOs" will be missed.

Keep in mind that many of the guys who said they are dropping arma 3 and are really serious about it will no longer even be interested in this forum section at all. Thus many potential "NOs" will be missed.

Also keep in mind that SOME are just angrily venting their disatisfaction at the move but will 'take the walk of shame' at some point and pony up :p

Of course.

Have an old Steam account from 2004 with games only from VALVe, since they'd made it as their main (only?) distribution source - will be an honour to have ArmA III there.

See you all in-game. :cc:

this is a shitty poll, too few options. I will buy Arma 3, even if it's a Steam exclusive, but only if the price drops below 25% of its initial price. which'll happen sooner rather than later with this game, since there won't be a DayZ for it

Poll isn't representative anyway, the same 150 people - I'm one of them. Even the DayZ forums has more pull & vibrancy. I'd bet there was a danger than ArmA III could get canceled in favour of DayZ, which would still end up on Steam - now people can have both.

Pretty sure it's mere presence on Steam will more than make up for the 30 people here

In terms of money and profits yeah. But in terms of talent, commitment and community definitely not. I can't even think of the number of steam users that would be required before we get back another Xeno, W0lle or CarlGustaffa.

Also keep in mind that SOME are just angrily venting their disatisfaction at the move but will 'take the walk of shame' at some point and pony up

Shh! The more we challenge whether they will really leave arma 3 the more likely they are to actually follow through (just to prove us wrong). you are right though, some will come back - though doubt by release day. Rather years from now when they see arma 3 on sale they say ah what the hell and buy it just to pass some time.

Poll isn't representative anyway, the same 150 people - I'm one of them. Even the DayZ forums has more pull & vibrancy. I'd bet there was a danger than ArmA III could get canceled in favour of DayZ, which would still end up on Steam - now people can have both.

Yeah agreed but it is somewhat representative of just how strongly this little forum feels about steam. But yeah these numbers certainly ain't going to change BIS minds about anything.

And that will answer my questions regarding A3 on steam :confused:

What kind of problems do you expect with Updating or Mod handling? Certainly, Skyrim doesn't have any.

this is a shitty poll, too few options. I will buy Arma 3, even if it's a Steam exclusive, but only if the price drops below 25%

so, then u simply vote yes.

What I said just an hour ago?

Really is it so damn hard to stick to one thread for Steam yay or nay?

In terms of money and profits yeah. But in terms of talent, commitment and community definitely not. I can't even think of the number of steam users that would be required before we get back another Xeno, W0lle or CarlGustaffa.

I'd like to point out that no servers are running their mods, except for Xeno's missions, which are overshadowed anyway by you-know-what, which starts with the letter D.

Case in point - http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

Says a lot.

this is a shitty poll, too few options. I will buy Arma 3, even if it's a Steam exclusive, but only if the price drops below 25% of its initial price. which'll happen sooner rather than later with this game, since there won't be a DayZ for it
Pfffft, it's actually a good idea to wait on a sale even if ArmA 3 was not Steamworks... with how much and how often very recent/new games have been getting steep discounts elsewhere and on Steam, the odds of this happening are likely enough...

I mean, we had Sleeping Dogs launch in mid-August at $50 only to then go for $17 in the holidays and for $10 in January, and that was critically acclaimed as heck... while XCOM: Enemy Unknown was at one point under $40 to pre order at GMG, started early October at $50, and now it's a possible pre order bonus on Steam for Bioshock Infinite.

TL;DR: See you in game! :lol:

I'd like to point out that no servers are running their mods, except for Xeno's missions, which are overshadowed anyway by you-know-what, which starts with the letter D.

Says a lot.

And COD Black Ops II overshadows ArmA in player numbers. We might as well call it quits and move there, right?

And COD Black Ops II overshadows ArmA in player numbers. We might as well call it quits and move there, right?

Of course not, just stating the status of the game and the mindset of many. If BIS is a charity, sure they can implement all the suggestions we had seen for the past 2 years in order for 150 people to enjoy the game.

But I don't think so. What is going to happen to ArmA III is not a compromise, but a balance, which it desperately lacked, especially in user-friendliness of the interface (that includes multiplayer facilities).

Says a lot.

Nah man that doesn't mean shit.

Public MP is not how you judge arma. Lots of players playing private games, Lan games, or even singleplayer. If you exclude dayZ, probably more there than on public servers.

Xeno is part of the Ace team. Ace has over 100,000 downloads on armaholic alone. Who knows how many people get it through the sixupdater and what not. Same goes for CWR2 and many other mods out there.

Public MP in arma doesn't really reflect the overall state of the game and the use of its mods well. But it does however show that there is a need for better, easier mod support to make them accessible , even to the average Public MP. Something which BIS is pursuing.. (I know, no steam discussion I'll stop there)

But I don't think so. What is going to happen to ArmA III is not a compromise, but a balance, which it desperately lacked, especially in user-friendliness of the interface (that includes multiplayer facilities).

Do agree with you there though. And I don't think that BIS should making decisions just to please the small community here. But we will miss many of the players that are no longer getting arma 3 and their work has been great for the game.

Edited by -Coulum-

Nah man that doesn't mean shit.

BIS have the figures & the data, they've made a major business decision on that data, they will reap the rewards or losses. I'll be enjoying ArmA III regardless.

BIS have the figures & the data, they've made a major business decision on that data, they will reap the rewards or losses. I'll be enjoying ArmA III regardless.

Yeah same here, but unfortunately, it looks like with much less of the mods I have come to love in arma 2. Overall BIS might make the right decision, but the backlash is still going to hurt for many of us here, no denying that.

As many people did, I voted YES, I have the faith on BIS to make something good in regard of steam.

I wont vote either.

I will buy the game 100%, but I no way love to install steam on my system.

I accepted already years ago, that living without mainstream means I'm simply alone and without anything.

That's in every part of life -eat or die.

Nothing you can do against it. If you want something, you have to pay the price, and the price is by far not only money.

Of course I will buy it. And I will buy it to any friends who refuse to buy it as well :p Haters gonna love it sooner or later anyway!

I think it's a great opportunity to walk away from the greatest time waster in my life and do something useful with my time, I'm sick of hearing about Arma 3

What I said just an hour ago?

Really is it so damn hard to stick to one thread for Steam yay or nay?

Maybe merge with Steam thread? To be fair, the poll specifically mentions Steam so it's hard to respond with no mention of it.