Sign in to follow this  
NeuroFunker

Poll: Will you buy Arma III?

Will you buy Arma III?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy Arma III?

• YES
    • NO

I voted yes, whilst I will of course receive a complimentary copy I personally like Steam quite a lot and would certainly buy games on it rather than other available medium if the prices were compatible, or in a similar case where Steam was the only publisher.

a complimentary copy? Lucky you :(

I haven't decided yet and I remain sceptical about this. All reactions might have an negative effect on the the community and me personally.

No I wont buy Arma3 if it's a steam exclusive, or if I have to have the program just to play online or off. I'm not keen on using redundant software / programs (IE: Steam) that come with some games. There's no point in forcing everyone to have steam. It should be optional!! Okay, so sales were good on steam. That mean's BIS has to force me... someone who already buys and has boughten every single ofp/arma title, to use steam? :confused:.

Edited by Iceman77

I voted yes.

I never had a problem with Steam...

Hmm, almost 80% in favor of buying? I suspect someone has dragged out the alt account army.

Hmm, almost 80% in favor of buying? I suspect someone has dragged out the alt account army.

someone must be really bored then.

Why not buy it. Steam is by far the most reliable and trouble-free digital platform there is and probably will be for decades to come, that's why you get 5 millions players using it on a daily basis.

-You get to access your game library anywhere, anytime on any computer

-Download any game at your max bandwidth with no debit limit

-All your games already patched and ready to go with automatic installation of the right mandatory 3rd party software and various libraries

-Browsing and installation of mods and tools for your game

-Access to a specific game's forum used by a huge number of gamers

-Installation and quick launch of Beta version besides the regular version of your game if you want to

-Creation and edition of custom launch commands

The list goes on and on... And that's merely the technical aspect of things as Steam is on top of it all a huge gaming community with all it's sharing features (Friends contact with all it entails like see what they're up to, join their session in 2 clicks etc. Not to mention groups, clans, screens, vids, comments, events, chat, server browser, achievements etc.)

I'm not a pro-Steam though I use it on a daily basis, I just can't think of a single reason why would anyone be so reluctant to use Steam. It's pretty much your bookshelf in your room, only digital, and linked to your gaming world/community should you choose to use it that way, only difference is that it doesn't takes room, collect dust, and a bunch of people are paid to keep your games in order, patched and ready to go for you. Note that Steam has an offline mode. That platform would't be so successful if it was as bad as some people want to believe. We're not in the 90s anymore, people refusing to take part in a wider community or reject digital distribution in favor of their beloved box version with manual and quite obsolete dvds needs to catch up a bit.

I am personally glad that Arma 3 will be on Steam and would have bought it on Steam anyways as it is so handy not to have countless shortcuts or game folders to mess with, that and I know I can rely on Steam for both a reliable game experience and staying in touch with my pals whether they're playing other games or the same as mine.

Although I don't think the majority of this forum like/want steam, but I don't think the majority of them are willing to give up arma 3 just because of it. Or they just haven't decided yet. And 20% of the community not buying arma 3 is no small thing. Especially when considering most of that 20% is the long time arma/ofp veterans with so mcuh experience and knowledge about the series.

Why not buy it. Steam is by far the most reliable and trouble-free digital platform there is and probably will be for decades to come, that's why you get 5 millions players using it on a daily basis.

Valve, is that you?

;)

uhuh ;)

I'm merely talking about my personal experience with Steam (note that I was amongst the firsts to curse upon it when they released it for Half-life 2..)

Why not buy it. Steam is by far the most reliable and trouble-free digital platform there is and probably will be for decades to come, that's why you get 5 millions players using it on a daily basis

Because for the last ~12 years I think the community has gotten along just fine without steam? That's wonderful it's a great digital platform. But why do we need it to be mandatory for users? Rather than just an option.

Pretty funny so many would rather wait until Qx 2014 for the game, just be released boxed and other online stores instead of Steam.

Freaking stubborn, stone age twonks.

Because it allows them to release the game this year and focus on developing a better game for one? :) I can understand people are reluctant though, but they should try it for a few weeks before complaining. I'm pretty sure a good slice of the people claiming Arma 3 is a no-go for them will end up buying it anyways, and they'd be right.

Pretty funny so many would rather wait until Qx 2014 for the game, just be released boxed and other online stores instead of Steam.

What? Stubborn?! Simplicity rather. Steam hasn't been needed for the game to function for over a decade. Now, it's mandatory? I'm fine with waiting until 2014 for A3. Maybe, instead of a beta quality game, we'd get a very stable version...

I've used steam many times before, for other games. And it's presented nothing but headaches.

And this is why so many don't want ArmA 3 to be Steam-exclusive. We don't want to be associated with immature, name-calling Steam fanboys like this one.

And this is why so many don't want ArmA 3 to be Steam-exclusive. We don't want to be associated with immature, name-calling Steam fanboys like this one.

^^ - One of the reasons for sure.

Eh, yes. Steam wont really affect the gameplay for me..

Don’t think the wording is correct for the poll, simple Yes or No would have done.

I put ’Yes’, deep down I know I will buy it, even though I would have preferred it stay as it was, without the Steam issue.

Steam integration won't affect my decision on buying Arma 3.

Just because you use steam doesn't make you a Steam-representative. It's a community, but above all it's a platform, a tool. It ain't responsible for how ppl use it nor who. You will find mature and immature people everywhere, you build up your friend list the way you want to, don't like someone? Black list said person and voila, besides whether you play on Steam or not its the game that defines what kind of people you will interact with, not Steam.

If you had a bad experience with it though that's another story and I can't blame you if at least you tried, at least you're honest. We're on PC though, we're used to solve issues and agree to get our hands dirty from time to time, that is usually not the case when using Steam anyways.

I won't be an early adopter (as I had planned to prior to this revelation) and will sit on the fence and observe.