Sign in to follow this  
NeuroFunker

Poll: Will you buy Arma III?

Will you buy Arma III?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy Arma III?

• YES
    • NO

Since there is a lot of hate and moan about arma III being steam exclusive, i tough i'ma try to set a poll, to find out, if most people are not going to buy it, cause of steam, or still will be buying it?

I've chosen 2 options only, YES and NO.:confused:

Poll ends in 7 days.

Edited by NeuroFunker

Wheres the "I haven't decided yet" option?

I will buy when i see:

No problems with updating

No problems with mod handling

No stat tracking added(attracts cheaters like flies to a poop)

Yes. Some people has to realize that this decision has been made for good reasons and the disadvantages are not enough to overreact and boycott Arma 3.

I was going to buy it on Steam anyway so this whole crisis is really just passing the time until release for me.

Wheres the "I haven't decided yet" option?

I will buy when i see:

i simply say: come back when u've decided. And if u have problems with steam, then simply vote NO, thats it.

I will buy it but I still don't like it that it will be steam locked, so neither of the two options apply to me.

I will buy it but I still don't like it that it will be steam locked, so neither of the two options apply to me.

by no problems in general i do mean, you did buy games in steam before, and playing it without any/big trouble.

If the game engine is not outdated on releasedate. Yes

The game is now 2 years in development. 2014 is the year for directx12 then is it to late.

i simply say: come back when u've decided.

I doub't A3 will be released with in a week which is how long you said your poll lasted.

And if u have problems with steam, then simply vote NO, thats it.

I don't own any 'steam' games so i currently have no problems with it. I base my "pre-judgements" on what i read on these forums, people bitching about updating/using mods etc. Voting NO would not make your poll very accurate as i'm sure i'm not the only one who has not decided yet.

But ok if it's to difficult to add that option then well..

The game is now 2 years in development. 2014 is the year for directx12 then is it to late.

lol not every game uses even dx11 in full potential as i know, so why should we be afraid of dx12 then?

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

I doub't A3 will be released with in a week which is how long you said your poll lasted.

I don't own any 'steam' games so i currently have no problems with it. I base my "pre-judgements" on what i read on these forums, people bitching about updating/using mods etc. Voting NO would not make your poll very accurate as i'm sure i'm not the only one who has not decided yet.

But ok if it's to difficult to add that option then well..

well, u can simply install steam, and try it urself. There are lot's of free games, like planet side 2 etc, i've also seen arma 2 free there, that would be best thing to try before u buy so to say ;)

New chances and closer to real images and other developers with higher budgets will release fast new games with more real life experiences like EA

Yes I will. I love you BIS. Marry me?

well, u can simply install steam, and try it urself. There are lot's of free games, like planet side 2 etc, i've also seen arma 2 free there, that would be best thing to try before u buy so to say ;)

And that will answer my questions regarding A3 on steam :confused:

DX11 doesn't immediately become "outdated" the moment DX12 is released. It takes a while for the hardware to become so widely used that game developers will start targeting it. (Except for companies like CryTek who basically make fancy bleeding edge tech demos.)

DirectX 9, for example, was introduced over ten years ago and some new games released this year are still not even DX10 capable, let alone DX11.

Considering I have a shitload of steam games and steam has never failed me ever, of course I'll get Arma III (on steam)

I won't be selecting a poll option because neither of them apply to me, you see I'd prefer not to have anything to do with Steamworks because I remember in 2011 the Steam forums were closed because of hacking threats to credit card details, however I do recall Maruk posting this -

"I am not sure this was already discussed in the open somewhere but there is one massive change being done under the hood of Arma 3: migration from PhysX 2.x to PhysX 3..X . This may sound trivial but in reality it is basically switching to completely new physical simulation system with all consequences (a lot of work lost, delay of the entire development schedule). But we decided to make this transition, otherwise Arma 3 would be locked to PhysX 2.x for long time. It was basically now or never for the game...

The transition phase is on-going and neither PhysX 2 nor PX 3 branch are really tuned or polished at the moment.

Also, physical libraries only do part of what is needed and in no way guarantee that everything is going to react as it should: a lot of work on simulation, tweaking, testing, tweaking, AI routines, tweaking, fixing, testing is required with any type of physical simulation and in case of game this complex it really takes a lot of time and effort."

So I can understand that the migration to PhysX 3 might have been a much larger job than initially anticipated, therefore putting Arma 3 waaaay behind schedule.

My experience in Arma 2:

No problems. Very easy.

No problems. equal to the other distributions.

I don't know. This feature could be added with or without steam.

I won't be selecting a poll option because neither of them apply to me, you see I'd prefer not to have anything to do with Steamworks because I remember in 2011 the Steam forums were closed because of hacking threats to credit card details, however I do recall Maruk posting this -

"I am not sure this was already discussed in the open somewhere but there is one massive change being done under the hood of Arma 3: migration from PhysX 2.x to PhysX 3..X . This may sound trivial but in reality it is basically switching to completely new physical simulation system with all consequences (a lot of work lost, delay of the entire development schedule). But we decided to make this transition, otherwise Arma 3 would be locked to PhysX 2.x for long time. It was basically now or never for the game...

The transition phase is on-going and neither PhysX 2 nor PX 3 branch are really tuned or polished at the moment.

Also, physical libraries only do part of what is needed and in no way guarantee that everything is going to react as it should: a lot of work on simulation, tweaking, testing, tweaking, AI routines, tweaking, fixing, testing is required with any type of physical simulation and in case of game this complex it really takes a lot of time and effort."

So I can understand that the migration to PhysX 3 might have been a much larger job than initially anticipated, therefore putting Arma 3 waaaay behind schedule.

well the thing is, since arma 3 is steam only, you have either to buy it or not. If u want to get arma 3, u'll have to close ur eyes and go through. Or stay orthodox and watch lets play videos at utube only.

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

No problems with updating - nearly all of my freinds, did buy arma 2 off steam, nobody has updates problems, why should they, steam has now even beta patches applied as extra application, so no, no issues at all here.

There were mods problems handling, since it's armas fault, that runing a mod for a newcomer, can be a pain. But does it had anything to do with steam? Don't think so.

Duno what u mean by last question.

well the thing is, since arma 3 is steam only, you have either to buy it or not.

I will let others take the plunge first and keep a sharp eye on the community feedback before I make a decision.

Sure I'll buy it. My preference would be a non-Steam Arma 3, but business decisions just have to be made. It's not my "right" to "demand" certain things from BIS as a business, even though I'm a customer. This is their decision and they need to take into account many aspects from different perspectives. Some people will be ok with it, some people will be against it, and some people are just too stubborn to look at the issue objectively, with an open mind or resist any type of change.