Which one do you want.  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you want.

• Battleye
    • Punkbuster
    • Vac
    • Others

what's the problem with punkbuster?:confused:

is 1 of the best anticheat system at the moment. and it's constantly updated unlike the others. it's not a case that is used on very popular games. bah.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

You sure about that?

i passed thousands of hours on bf2. i can ensure you that cheatting in that game is not so easy. or i couldnt be able to see a cheatter banned every fkin round. PB works, is not perfect but it works. unlike battleye which is of course a joke not an AC.

lot of misinformation, urban myths and blatant rants in this thread ...

VAC is no go as it's not capable detect any kernel / driver / service level of cheats

sometimes even not that ...

PunkBuster and BE improved over the years and in fact BE is protecting Your servers from way more nasty things than You can imagine (not just cheats) ...

the problem of lobby is hardcoded engine limitation and not BE's fault (it's highly likely to become resolved for A3)

aguing that PB has guids bans and communities doing them , oh wait BE has guid bans too :)

same goes for RCON , BE has it too

but sure it would be nice to have both BE and PB but i don't think that will happen

instead i would vouch for improving the information admins can obtain, analyze and tools and features for theirs disposal

---------- Post added at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

On even very strict servers, such as HS's who just recently switched to V2 signatures and apparently only allows a single random german mod, it's been a month or more since I've connected and managed to get a game or two off without being accosted by a hacker.

i have yet to see working repro of working cheat on OA server with correctly enabled V2 signature ...

the problem of lobby is hardcoded engine limitation and not BE's fault (it's highly likely to become resolved for A3)

meaning A3 will continue using BE.. this is great new for me :)

i hope you guys will get BE working in the lobby. it would make things alot easyer.

since you dont have to mess with 2 admin systems :)

well what i was hinting it will be improved the internal admin system thus automatically fixing it for any anti-cheat used ...

ofcourse it would be lovely to get that fixed for OA too but that's atm. pure wish

well what i was hinting it will be improved the internal admin system thus automatically fixing it for any anti-cheat used ...

:) I was wondering that.

lot of misinformation, urban myths and blatant rants in this thread ...

agree.

PunkBuster and BE improved over the years and in fact BE is protecting Your servers from way more nasty things than You can imagine (not just cheats) ...

truth.you have also an ID and IP database for PB. which is very good.

aguing that PB has guids bans and communities doing them , oh wait BE has guid bans too :)

same goes for RCON , BE has it too

but sure it would be nice to have both BE and PB but i don't think that will happen

i dont know how BE it was improved in these mounths, simply cuz im not playing anymore. but a few mounths ago it was a joke seriusly. players were jumping inside berzerk maps and they were able to bomb the map with nukes, people able to shoot missiles from their gun ecc, humvee shooting artillery rounds from the m2... i can go on. so how exactly BE works if the people still able to do these things, at least in PvP server which is my ecosystem.

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

I had many problems in the past with PunkBuster.

And I don't know what Vac is and don't know any other anti cheat systems.

So I voted for Battleye. But sadly Battleye is kind of blind to random bombing hacks. So I do hope for improvements.

Not punkbuster. I also have had so many problems with it. Plus getting banned from hacks when I wasn't hacking in games...

I think the full Steam works package would be the best choice.

+Cheat and you lose online access to your bought game.

+Everyone is always patched up to date, including servers at all times.

+Easier for casual gamers to get news, give feedback, create groups (Clans or mods), run clans, post events etc via Steam works (popups).

+Makes it possible to have actual unique ids for each player. Banning equals gone for good unless they buy a new game.

+Works in offline mode (singe player) as well if you lose the internet.

The only reason people are against Steam works is because they are old and cant stand change even if its for the overall good of the community.

Not punkbuster. I also have had so many problems with it. Plus getting banned from hacks when I wasn't hacking in games...

Play on servers, which do not allow every mod and has signature checking on.

I think the full Steam works package would be the best choice.

+Cheat and you lose online access to your bought game.

+Everyone is always patched up to date, including servers at all times.

+Easier for casual gamers to get news, give feedback, create groups (Clans or mods), run clans, post events etc via Steam works (popups).

+Makes it possible to have actual unique ids for each player. Banning equals gone for good unless they buy a new game.

+Works in offline mode (singe player) as well if you lose the internet.

The only reason people are against Steam works is because they are old and cant stand change even if its for the overall good of the community.

i don't get your post, unique IDs are already in the BE

there is nothing 'more' unique in STEAMworks ... (again urban myth style)

so point 1 and point 4 are moot

up-date is easily enforced as You can't join newer server with older game (while the game supported this in past atm. major version needs updated both client and server to minimum equal build)

so point 2 is moot

easier for casual players , you mean popups and events which steal focus from Your 3D application and switch to 2D desktop :)

point 3 is moot and unrealted to anti-cheat discussion

also don't get me started of serious limitations of STEAM/STEAMworks offline mode (hint try not use automatic logon)

sometimes what looks nice ... is not that nice if you analyse it to bone

also don't get me started of serious limitations of STEAM/STEAMworks offline mode (hint try not use automatic logon)

sometimes what looks nice ... is not that nice if you analyse it to bone

Right +1

No steam forced launche please :D

I think I will speak for a lot of dedicated ArmAverse players that I will back off purshasing ArmA3 if it would be implemented anyway. I like how bis is doing this now, if you want to buy it trough steam you will be able to but it is not forced nor required. It has like you say to many limitations, I purshached 2 games trough steam (total war) in the past and sadly I had 2 times bad luck with it it costed me hell of a time to get it solved and after sale suports are pretty bad in my personal experiance.

That said about steam it is not worth it to implement steam binded accounts to have a good anti cheat program it will only bring bis more unhappy people then happy people and for my account an game providor is in my opinion not entiled to force their costumors to have an internet connection its against my freedom and I rather want to own my software on a DVD/disc VAC is to my experiance not good at all I was banned way years back for hacking while I never cheated in my entire game experianced life, it got solved but I needed to do a lot of effort and begging to get it corrected again "no thanks"

Point to the anti cheats are not bullet prove whatever you do however I would like to see an improvement for the current one, like already said make sure the admin will have more freedom to block out what is not wanted on the server and to point out something already passed in this thread the bomb hacking take some look in to it they are indeed very annoying.

Or hold the option on PB, it is not that bad I had problems with it in the past but like I see it now it has had a lot of improvement these days. Anyway good to hear that steam will not be required and that bis is not planning to follow that pad :cool: anyway this is mere my pov on the anti cheat thing + I point out that I am severely against STEAM "just Don't"

kind regards

Edited by KBourne

The sooner we can change that "highly likely" to "definitely" I will rest assured that BE is up to the task.

I appologize for saying that it's BE's fault then, but this seriously needs to be resolved from the start in A2, not in patches.

I know BIS mainly focuses on SP, but we need to see some serious fixes for MP this time around.

People cheat in this game? :S In any case, I have never seen battle eye take any action, and PB is just THE worst anti-cheat in the history of the universe. I'm not even sure we need any tbh.

People cheat in this game? :S In any case, I have never seen battle eye take any action, and PB is just THE worst anti-cheat in the history of the universe. I'm not even sure we need any tbh.

You don't play MP at all if you've never seen a script kiddie lol.

LOL. a couple of days ago i was playing Domi on a TAW server and it got hacked.

a10's fell from the sky in there thousands. then they exploded.:yay:

The whole point of the game is to create a certain degree of realism, and I find this realism goes out the window on public servers. Everyone just grabs a DMR/SMAW and go postal. Kind of goes against the design in my opinion.

That's not to say a group of players with teamspeak can't play public. But you can't join on your own and expect there to be any level of cooperative play you can't get in other games. As far as one person alone playing public there are better games.

I would like to respond to your comments: "this AC sucks and the other one even more".

There is no hack that cannot be detected and there is no security system that could not be worked around. For example: if you'll write uber-anti-cheat then hackers will simply edit it's code.

In my opinion this endless arms race is not the way to go and we should look for the solutions elsewhere.

As for temporary remedy I can recommend playing with people you know, looking for local communites servers, passworded ones or these with required addons.

I would hope for PB, since we (TV2-battle.no) already have database and integrated backend systems for handeling a whole range of servers and what happens on them, into our site.

Edited by cri74

I would like to respond to your comments: "this AC sucks and the other one even more".

you guys are missing the point, seriusly. "there's no anti-hack system that could be hacked"? well maybe is truth but the point is that PB is constantly updated unlike the others AC systems. i wouldnt consider it useless or a bad AC just because someone has had problems with PB. is just a small percentage of the people. and i still not get the reason why the people has voted for battleye...is a matter of fact that is not usefull as AC.

there is a reason if PB it's used in most of the popular games....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would hope for PB, since we (TV2-battle.no) already have database and integrated backend systems for handeling a whole range of servers and what happens on them, into our site.

i enjoied your servers on bf2. good to have you here :bounce3:

you are an huge and good comunity.

LOL. a couple of days ago i was playing Domi on a TAW server and it got hacked.

a10's fell from the sky in there thousands. then they exploded.:yay:

Sounds like lost key.

The only time I ever witnessed such "hacks" is when server admin chose not to enforce the specific set of mods, allowing custom ones as well.

If it's the reason - it isn't a hack.

i saw these problems even in the "protected" servers.

i saw these problems even in the "protected" servers.

again provide proof or repro, against latest OA beta with BE enabled ...

i would like to see it or analyse ... otherwise just fairy tales