The ultimate thread about Arma 3 anti-cheat discussion

Which one do you want.  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you want.

• Battleye
    • Punkbuster
    • Vac
    • Others

again provide proof or repro, against latest OA beta with BE enabled ...

i would like to see it or analyse ... otherwise just fairy tales

oh dear i guess a lot of people believe in these "fairy tales".

you dont have a lot of MP experience, dont you?

edit: which kind of proof you pretend, usually i dont take screens when i see a jerk cheatting, i just leave the server or i change side.

riedit: mm you might are in truth, i dont have tryed the last beta with BE enabled. usually i wait the betas turning in official patches. i can ensure with the last official patch, in protected servers, i saw people cheatting. i dont have reasons to lie...

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

if you follow the A2&OA MP section of this forum

You would know the A2 server has bugs which negate the v2 and some other security fixes ...

OA is fine

so far i have yet to see the 'fairy tales' to happen on correctly set OA engine server + BE

Edited by Dwarden

if you follow the A2&OA MP section of this forum

You would know the A2 server has bugs which negate the v2 and some other security fixes ...

i was not talking of A2. but OA cuz 95% of the times i play PvP on takistan.

so far i have yet to see the 'fairy tales' to happen on correctly set OA engine server + BE

so just to know. aren't we able to change the file config cache of the game to overpower a weapon for example?

so just to know. aren't we able to change the file config cache of the game to overpower a weapon for example?

if you are refering to mergeConfigFile. iirc it was disabled for mp.

and it also only was loaded during mission start and needed restart of arma to set values to default again.

but i can be wrong.

i was not talking of A2. but OA cuz 95% of the times i play PvP on takistan.

and 95% of the time its a incorrect server setup. or people just allow every little addon out there made on their server.

prove me wrong ;)

Actually, all it takes is access to one trusted addon makers private signature file (hacking into his computer and just grabbing it). Or one addon maker who actually releases something useful, and then makes hack tools signed by the same signature.

Admin should be able to query specific users and ask for history of opened dialogs or actions performed. Not sure what would be enough, probably never.

One server key per addon file would reduce this risk, but increase workload for addon makers (guessing the big ones could be automated easily) and server admins.

Assume I release my soundmod. Admins around install my server key. Now I release my own version of a certain tool, signed with same signature. Voila, hack heaven. With one server key per addon, an admin could allow my soundmod but keep out the malwaremod.

hacking into his computer and just grabbing it

You make it sound as simple as a hollywood movie

it is for most people's computers

Actually, all it takes is access to one trusted addon makers private signature file (hacking into his computer and just grabbing it). Or one addon maker who actually releases something useful, and then makes hack tools signed by the same signature.

* at the moment there's no way for battleye to detect this kind of cheatts solutions.

* at the moment there's no way for battleye to detect this kind of cheatts solutions.

nor would Vac,Pb do as long as the anticheat system is not integrated into the core of the game engine. we will have to get used to hacks bypassing the signatures..

I think when it has come to hackers and cheaters, its only been a small majority who have made hacks and havent been assesed by BE to stop them, and Server Owners havent put used the many anti cheats systems made to fight these tools that let you drop bombs

for instance, DooACS does a good job of getting rid of those kids who type Darky into google and download it and start messing up Life Servers, but you cant use it without CBA, better question is this

will be CBA be standard in Arma 3, which by that i mean will there be Extended Eventhandlers, im not sure, but BE does do a good job but its ultimatily up to server host to restrict addons and put anit cheat scripts and addons to catch the people, BE does the rest

Myself I am not really bothered about “cheats†as when I did play I played coop.

Here's my two cents

Keep BE

Beta test VAC

from my experience, BE works really well with experiences admins,

VAC seems just as good but this is coming a player standpoint and not a admin of a server but for the most part I have not seen much game altering/hacking while on VAC servers

Then again...the only game I play that has VAC is Gary's Mod and im barley on that.

from my experience, BE works really well with experiences admins,

for mine not. is the worst AC you can choice from the poll list. probably because is not created by professionists. unlike VAC or PB.

The whole point of the game is to create a certain degree of realism, and I find this realism goes out the window on public servers. Everyone just grabs a DMR/SMAW and go postal. Kind of goes against the design in my opinion.

That's not to say a group of players with teamspeak can't play public. But you can't join on your own and expect there to be any level of cooperative play you can't get in other games. As far as one person alone playing public there are better games.

I've noticed that too. Before recently buying ArmA, I was lured to it by all the great team-game vids on YouTube (6th Sense, Atilla, etc). Then I bought the game and made the mistake of joining a public server...my heart sank. :( I was sure I was going to hear "BOOOOM - headshot!!@$$!" at any moment.

I've never been into the idea of joining gaming "clans" and such (never belonged to one, never wanted to) but I think with ArmA it's going to be necessary. Just hoping to improve soon so that I'm good enough to join a team and play it the way I've seen it played.

Edited by ghost101

Battleye and Punkbuster easily fooled. VAC and Steam most reliable protection.

VAC suck alot, a cheater get banned after 3 days...

but when happens is forever, from every server protected by VAC.

Battleye and Punkbuster easily fooled. VAC and Steam most reliable protection.

really? i have yet to see VAC catch single kernel/low level cheat ...

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

but when happens is forever, from every server protected by VAC.

no difference from PB or BE ...

---------- Post added at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------

for mine not. is the worst AC you can choice from the poll list. probably because is not created by professionists. unlike VAC or PB.

mind explain why :) like go into details and not just mumbo jumbo ...:confused:

PB is constantly scanning for new updates. now pls, put 1 of our hands on your heart: are you guys doing the same?

plus:

what about that. are you guys trying/already had fixed this way to avoid any anti-cheat program?

i saw a such amount of cheatters from arma 1 to a couple of mounths ago that when i hear about BE...meh. like many people does when they hear about PB. bu personally i never had problems with PB, just with BE. I'm prejudiced with that AC. it takes time to reget his credibility.

My BE get's updated, yes. Or I don't understand the question.

Only problem I have is with v2 signing tools (fails to sign some of my sound addons, irrelevant to anti cheat mechanism used).

I've never had problems with PB either. I don't play PB equipped games.

What is the problem with BE combined with working v2 signatures?

LegendK1ller i used PB when it was just HalfLife engine so so anticheat something

i used PB when it was just beta build for it's first commercial use

and who You think established what so called anticheat PB sites use now as 'standard' solution? (PBB, PSB, AASA, AON etc.)

so usual X better than Y w/o single line of factual argument is laughly and don't work with me

but hey i'm sure You know better ... :rolleyes:

please never use PB, it has a habbit of kicking me and my friends from matches, probably due to some sort of faulty internet connection, but none-the-less it has ruined so many games for me and I have never hacked in my life. Please it is good how it is now...

please never use PB, it has a habbit of kicking me and my friends from matches, probably due to some sort of faulty internet connection, but none-the-less it has ruined so many games for me and I have never hacked in my life. Please it is good how it is now...

that's a problem of PB which is not perfect of course. but most of the time

when you get kicked is because you need to update your client.

LegendK1ller i used PB when it was just HalfLife engine so so anticheat something

i used PB when it was just beta build for it's first commercial use

and who You think established what so called anticheat PB sites use now as 'standard' solution? (PBB, PSB, AASA, AON etc.)

so usual X better than Y w/o single line of factual argument is laughly and don't work with me

but hey i'm sure You know better ... :rolleyes:

no, i never said i know better than you :bounce3:

deal with different opinions. you seem to defend a crappy AC which was a joke during these years, from a1 times to now. seriusly ask to anyone whos spended a lot of time in MP server what he think about BE :rolleyes:

however i posed a question:

do you have adopted any solution to stop this method to cheatt?

can i have a response maybe?

oh another question about BP. why you think is the most diffused AC?