The ultimate thread about Arma 3 anti-cheat discussion

Which one do you want.  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you want.

• Battleye
    • Punkbuster
    • Vac
    • Others

As I said many pages back, I personally think that the theft problem got so ridiculously massive (never seen in any other game before) due to BE's effectiveness at banning the cheaters (both public and private hacks), so they were literally forced to come up with this scamming scheme. These days it's absolutely normal for cheaters to go through multiple cd-keys per week, to them it's just part of the game and most don't even complain about that anymore.

It isn't actually a problem in ArmA2 or ArmA3 when some players uses a cheat and create a "better weapon" or "endless ammo" and such. This is a problem related to DayZ. Since we know that DayZ is going to be released standalone, all of your nifty "Sherlock Holmes-investigations" are a plain waste of time.

The cheaters in ArmA was attracted through DayZ, and they will dissapear with the release of that Day1-standalone game. I don't feel the need to discuss security questions for DayZ or Day1 here.

BIS came out with the idea, to create a mod where one player can kill another player for his equipment. One could say, teamkilling was cultivated with the official DayZ-Mod from BIS.

And now it seems like that DayZ has collected all the scum from the internet into the ArmA-community:

Stealing software keys is a breach of the law, where I live. And selling stolen goods (software licenses) is a bigger crime (than theft) in my country. (#1)

EdiT: (#1) By saying this, I just realize that the problem with stolen keys is maybe a result of corrupt Server-Admins.

BIS have sold 1 million more copies due to DayZ and now they have to deal with them.

And I have to say, I hope for you (DayZ-admins) that your wishes about the scripting capabilities for AC and TK (together with BattlEye) is going to be realized in Day1 - guess why...it will be hell.

Good day

They have a plan, they have more than one plan infact.

How do you know? Proves?

What makes you think you are so special as to deserve knowing what this plan is and what timescale it works on?

Is it a secret?

They have announced more than enough info: Alpha now, Beta in Q2 (so: summer) and full release around the end of the year (probably just in time for xmas). Additions to alpha are happening every day. If they feel the need to introduce BE at some point they will.

I didn't asked this, i'm asking exactly: when you (BIS) planned to release BE?

How do you know? Proves?

Pretty sure DM works for BI Simulations (This is what I heard at one point in time, anyways). Also Dwarden has said it will be released in due time.

BIS does have a plan and they are not obligated to tell you their exact plans.

I'm not sure why you feel like you are so important that you need to know everything.

GossamerSolid, WalkerDown has every right to ask them !!, without you coming out with a commment ("I'm not sure why you feel like you are so important that you need to know everything".) like that. :rolleyes:.

GossamerSolid, WalkerDown has every right to ask them !!, without you coming out with a commment ("I'm not sure why you feel like you are so important that you need to know everything".) like that. :rolleyes:.

If he's going to ask the question, he should be prepared for the responses.

Yeah, the developer is under no obligation to give firm dates on anything when in alpha. It's an alpha. Why do people expect it to be anything close to a final release with full features, AC, and optimizations. Seems like 3/4ths of the whining in this forum comes down to "I don't understand what an alpha release is"/"I'm impatient, mememememe". I'd prefer the devs be flexible and focus on what's most important as they see it and not get locked into pointless deadlines for certain features just to satisfy a few raging forum members.

It isn't actually a problem in ArmA2 or ArmA3 when some players uses a cheat and create a "better weapon" or "endless ammo" and such. This is a problem related to DayZ. Since we know that DayZ is going to be released standalone, all of your nifty "Sherlock Holmes-investigations" are a plain waste of time.
Christ, NO. It IS and WAS an issue in A2 well before DayZ came out. It's not like DayZ was the first PvP mode for A2. Cheating was an issue with Warfare/etc as well, just less so than now with DayZ.
BIS came out with the idea, to create a mod where one player can kill another player for his equipment. One could say, teamkilling was cultivated with the official DayZ-Mod from BIS.
Dean Hall came up with the idea and developed the mod without BIS having any say until it got popular and they jumped on board for the standalone. It wasn't "official" (whatever an official mod means) until after it had been developed and gained popularity in the community. But go on and hate more based on your fantasy: ArmA was a perfect world of cooperative play and teamwork before the evil BIS decided to have Dean Hall create DayZ so they could CODify ArmA just to spite you. Edited by DNK

The cheaters in ArmA was attracted through DayZ, and they will dissapear with the release of that Day1-standalone game.

To be honest, that's quite naive to believe. As can already be seen, they won't simply leave ArmA 3 alone, especially since ArmA is now a widely known franchise. It mostly wasn't about the ability to get better weapons or items either. The real problem was the game-breaking cheats, e.g. totally wiping a server in a second, and that has nothing to do with DayZ but with the game engine itself.

By saying this, I just realize that the problem with stolen keys is maybe a result of corrupt Server-Admins.

No, it's not. It's technically not possible to steal cd-keys on the game server (of course).

Pretty sure DM works for BI Simulations

I dunno who he is (neither i know who you are..). If he talks as BIS, he should tell me/us.

Also Dwarden has said it will be released in due time.

Translated... what it means? They have planned to apply BE in? End of march? April? When exactly? That's what i would like to know.

BIS does have a plan and they are not obligated to tell you their exact plans.

I'm not forcing anyone, neither i know how i could do it.

I'm not sure why you feel like you are so important that you need to know everything.

I'm not "important", i don't "need" .. i'm asking, i am a customer.

To be honest, that's quite naive to believe. As can already be seen, they won't simply leave ArmA 3 alone, especially since ArmA is now a widely known franchise. It mostly wasn't about the ability to get better weapons or items either. The real problem was the game-breaking cheats, e.g. totally wiping a server in a second, and that has nothing to do with DayZ but with the game engine itself.
It should be added that "the game engine itself" is the most overt reason that Rocket used when publicly advocating for a DayZ standalone, but the first sentence of this is what I believe has not been realized.

Arma is finally a semi-mainstream name taken even vaguely seriously now, even if that was originally due to its connection to DayZ, that visibility -- not DayZ -- is what makes Arma a target, and there is no going back.

I vote to have this thread locked and buried.

It's going no where. Every question, suggestion, and rant ends up right back where it starts with random discussions leaving the main topic.

Just reading this thread leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Too many self absorbed people spouting on about how the game developers should cater to their needs and forget everything else.

There are Currently 61 pages to this thread. Post only if you have read through them all and still feel the need to ask the same question again.

BattleEye will be added to the game when it is ready. Release dates of said anti-hack/cheat are not stated and most likely not ever have a set date. One day with an update the game will suddenly have BattleEye enabled.

You are telling me that the criminals steal the ArmA2-keys for cheaters in DayZ and that makes BattlEye superior?

Or it is logical that A3 is released without ANY functionable protection - so that all the A2/DayZ-cheats can be ported to the A3-engine?

And now you want to have this discussion here closed?

Why don't you start and be a good example yourself? Please delete your posting and bury yourself.

A forum is a democratic instrument. When you don't like to hear what we have to say - just stay away. I will not miss you.

Pretty sure DM works for BI Simulations (This is what I heard at one point in time, anyways).

DM does in fact work at BISim. I know him irl.:yay:

A forum is a democratic instrument

No it's not, it's a privately owned entity, you have no rights or entitlement here.

Uh - the messiah is talking to me...

Every (AntCheat-) script that is running, eats processor capacity. It is consuming the power of the main prozessor. No matter where - if it is on the server or a the client. The overall performance and the net-transfer will suffer. While kicking a teamkiller with a negative score is a nothing.

:butbut: B-b-but you can't kick teamkillers in DayZ, right?

Or it is logical that A3 is released without ANY functionable protection

A3 will be released with functional protection. The alpha not. What you have is the alpha.

Maybe a little sum-up before closing:

- yes, there is no AC in the alpha

- yes, this is frustrating

- yes, BI is aware of this

- no, there is no ETA when AC will be included

- no, you didn't bought the alpha. You bought/preordered the full game and got free access to the alpha as a gift.

- no, until there is further info from BI about when a AC will be included, there will be no other AC discussion thread.

This thread is going in circles. All that was worth to be said was said. The rest is just pointless at this time. Also some forum members obviously have problems to keep up respect of each other. So before this become a flamewar...

-Closed-

Honestly, Battleye has done a great job at keeping hackers out of Arma 2. With them complaining about they have been banned for no reason, just wanted to discuss to the community, should Battleye be used as the current anti-cheat engine for Arma 3? Or would another one help also, such as VAC? What do you guys think about Battleye and should it stay or be replaced?