Waxbutter

Hell in the Pacific 0.5 beta release

Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but will there be Springfield rifles without the scope?

Hi,

How to stop shoots from wx_aircraftcarrier03_mid_usn once it is destroyed ?

They were present in one of the gameplay videos.

Uhm, there are quite a few of them, do you recall specifically which one?

Hey great mod have only had a limited time to play but this weekend I will be playing love it keep up the good work

Hi,

How to stop shoots from wx_aircraftcarrier03_mid_usn once it is destroyed ?

Aircraft carrier is still very WIP. You could run a script when the carrier is destroyed that detects the AA guns and then set their ammo to 0 perhaps.

Do different beaches, i.e. Steep or shallow have an underlying property ? I can get tanks to disembark onto the north shore at Peleliu but not on the Western shallow Shore. I have the LCM run in and a Trigger to Detatch the Tanks. After that North shore they will storm ashore to a waypoint or come under Strategic command. Western beaches they won't drive off the LCM. I tried putting a tank on the beach in editor with the same result. Tank won't move under orders or to the next waypoint. Tried it in Shallow water and with dry tracks on the sand. Not the end of the world but I got a lot of Marines pinned down on the beach and they NEED THOSE TANKS ! :)

Interesting side note. If I attach the tanks at the wrong height on an LCM. eg. 0,2,1 When you detach them, they launch about 100 metres skyward, highly entertaining:D

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

I have to say, to anyone who is setting up any kind of mission or scenario, take the time to place the Japanese defenders in their fortified positions. It can take awhile to get it right and can be a little frustrating, but in the end it is really worth it. 26 Japanese defenders vs. over 180 Marines with heavy machine gun support and the Japanese hold their own pretty well.....

Nice video SWK, funny I'm using the exact same bit of beach to play around on. Question ? How do you place the Japs in the defence positions ?

Edited by nickmow

Interesting side note. If I attach the tanks at the wrong height on an LCM. eg. 0,2,1 When you detach them, they launch about 100 metres skyward, highly entertaining:D

Well, at least you fixed some airsupport for the maines

:rthumb:

Just a minor hick up.

Not sure if any has experianced this...But when ejecting from the plane, "no parachute" ! :omg: lol.. he just pulls his side arm out instead, does he really think the sidearm will save him at 15,000 feet. :icon_wink:

The west side of Kohima is a great terrain, haven't looked much on the eastern side, I like this part of Kohima as it's possible to use DAC effectively and have had some great gameplay from it, really nicely broken up... Unfortunately AI air units don't recognize mountain and fly smack into it.

Uhm, there are quite a few of them, do you recall specifically which one?
Not really, it was few months ago.

You guys updated the mission pack, but You didn't include the ones mentioned by Pedersen on the ModDB, like:

Commando Raid Coop 16 ply Burma Kohima. drop in behinde enemy lines and destroy, Radio communications, bridge , supplys and food storage. The get the hell out of there safe.

Semper Fidelis Coop 40 ply clean up the last pocket of defense on South East part of Peleliu island.

Invasion of Tarawa Coop 40 ply, Get into the landingcraft from the trooptransporters out on sea and move in to hit the beach on Tarawa. Or fly and airsupport from Carrier.

Clean up the island from all the enemy.

Full supplyline, you need to drive everthing from the Supplyship out on sea to the island, ammo,tanks,jeeps,mortar... well everthing, if the Japanese navalguns dont get you first. Big Mission!!

Are these coming soon, or something?

Well... I wouldn't take a mission announcement by Pedersen too serious - or any announcement unless it's about his islands. He tends to get a little over-excited now and then and posts stuff that has not been decided on internally yet.

I know Commando Raid Coop 16 is being worked on, no clue about the others.

And no: there is no Springfield without scope in HIP.

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

Then I guess it was the Arisaka rifle. Sorry for the mixup. Any chance for non-scoped Springfield in the feature?

Hey guys don't know if metioned before but when i was using the M4 tank and drove it into the water it kept going with out taking any damage.Haven't seen if this happens to other armored vechelies

Then I guess it was the Arisaka rifle. Sorry for the mixup. Any chance for non-scoped Springfield in the feature?

Definitively it's something that we would like to have.

To all the people that havn't understood:

Klembord-2.jpg

Screenshot from Wax aka Waxbutter aka Waxer aka ButtWaxer but better knowed as GoatBoy

The Suppression Module is Optional :icon_slap:

Super mod, enjoying it immensely, thanks guys.

Just a quick question - must be having a brain spasm - I can't see where to define the custom controls as indicated in the manual - is this in the in game options (can't see melee for example) - or in the users settings location ? I used to know how to do this, then got spoilt with the @ace userconfig etc. Thanks for any help.

How does it come that the Iwo Jima map, the wake Island map and the dutch town map ARE Aviable in the Amory but not in editor? would love to see the dutch town map in Editor

How does it come that the Iwo Jima map, the wake Island map and the dutch town map ARE Aviable in the Amory but not in editor? would love to see the dutch town map in Editor

They are not done, still work in progress. We release them when they are done.

I can't see where to define the custom controls
In your game options select controls, at the top it says show: All controls - this is a drop down menu, you will find custom controls there.

Do different beaches, i.e. Steep or shallow have an underlying property ? I can get tanks to disembark onto the north shore at Peleliu but not on the Western shallow Shore. I have the LCM run in and a Trigger to Detatch the Tanks. After that North shore they will storm ashore to a waypoint or come under Strategic command. Western beaches they won't drive off the LCM. I tried putting a tank on the beach in editor with the same result. Tank won't move under orders or to the next waypoint. Tried it in Shallow water and with dry tracks on the sand. Not the end of the world but I got a lot of Marines pinned down on the beach and they NEED THOSE TANKS ! :)

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Nice video SWK, funny I'm using the exact same bit of beach to play around on. Question ? How do you place the Japs in the defence positions ?

So far its been a little tricky. Basically I go into the map and find a defensive position, then I go into the editor and try to guess where it is. I'll keep loading and going back into the editor making adjustments until I get them about where I want them. After that, depending on what kind of unit it is (static vs. infantry) and what kind of defensive position it is, I will usually use the setheight command as well as either setunitpos "up" or "middle" and doStop this

is there a script for the Shotokan Karate kata called Heian Godan move form the warriors of the sun mission?

---------- Post added at 19:39 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

and how do i drop the airdropperd ammo box out of the c-47 like in the Tarawa mission part 2?