Waxbutter

Hell in the Pacific 0.5 beta release

Well the LVT (A)1. Did use a turret that was pretty similar to the M3 Stuart turret, not exactly but close enough. The engine and gear box, drives where all Stuart too. The LVT(A) 4 used the turret of an M8 GMC with a 75mm gun howitzer, which would be really quite useful ! Wish I had half a clue about modelling :) I'd have a go at doing a series of LVTs !

Yeah, me too. I'd probably take on the huge challenge of making a battleship or LST. Woud'nt be the right thing to start off with though. Btw, landing the tank worked for me aswell. I guess with alot more effort thus more triggers I could make the tank move off the LCM alot smoother. What I realy hate about the AI though is what they do when I tell them to land infantry on the beaches. Mostly the LCM's decide to turn around if its too hot for them. you really gotta hate the Arma AI. I wish there would be a function to deactivate the independence of the units so they would just go where I tell them to in a straight line (atleast for Naval landings). The only possilbe way that I can think of is the command where you record your movements and then let the Ai play back your movements (forgot the name of the command|That was the only way to get a proper takeoff and landing with an F18 on the Nimitz back then). However, recording every movement you want the LCM's to do would be too time consuming for me......especially with 8 or more of them...

The only thing that calms me down again after thinking about arma's AI is that I know how incredibly complicated it is to make a game engine after reading about it on the internet. In particular an engine like Virtual Reality. Although I can totally understand and support the people who rant about the arma engine/ai, this is something one should take into account when doing so.

Again, thankyou for the headsup on the tank landing.

Yeah no worries, I thought the same about more triggers to make it a smoother ride off the LCM :cool: Just seemed like too much work. Landing craft and boats have always done the dance by the shore in ARMA it's annoying ! :mad:

I've updated the scripts I wrote to move the LCM to the shore and unload the tank. Try it out, but be aware I've only just updated it to make it a bit more user friendly and its had minimal testing. Seems ok though, but let me know if you encounter any problems. You need to place the boat and tank obviously and the tank needs to be attached to the boat.

EDIT: Oh by the way, using this method the boats should drive straight to their landing points without turning away under enemy fire and the tanks should drive off the ramps.

Ok so you need 2 scripts: Copy and paste them into a text file and rename the file as fx_moveBoat.sqf and fx_unloadVeh.sqf, then place them in your mission folder.

fx_moveBoat.sqf

//Move landing craft - Foxy

if (!isServer) exitwith {};

private ["_veh"];

_boat = _this select 0;
_stopPos = if (typeName (_this select 1) == "ARRAY") then {_this select 1} else {getMarkerPos (_this select 1)};
_vehAttached = if (count _this > 2) then {true} else {false};
_maxSpeed = if (count _this > 3) then {_this select 3} else {30};

if (_vehAttached) then {
_veh = _this select 2;
(group _veh) enableAttack false;	
};

_posASL = getPosASL _boat;
_dir = getDir _boat;
_dist = _posASL distance _stopPos;
_pos2 = [(_posASL select 0) + _dist * sin _dir, (_posASL select 1) + _dist * cos _dir, 0];
_vector = [_posASL,_pos2] call BIS_fnc_vectorFromXToY;
(group _boat) enableAttack false;
{_x allowFleeing 0} forEach crew _boat;
_boat engineOn true;
_boat setVelocity [(_vector select 0), (_vector select 1), 0];

while {_boat distance _pos2 > 10 && alive _boat} do {

_vel0 = velocity _boat select 0;
_vel1 =	velocity _boat select 1;
_vel2 = velocity _boat select 2;

if (speed _boat < _maxSpeed) then {

_vel0 = _vel0 + (_vel0 * 0.001);
	_vel1 = _vel1 + (_vel1 * 0.001);
	_vel2 = _vel2 - (_vel2 * 0.001);
};

_boat setVelocity [_vel0, _vel1, _vel2];
sleep 0.0001;
};

if (!alive _boat || typeOf _boat == "wx_us_lvta2") exitwith {};

_boat animate ["ramp",1];

while {round (speed _boat) > 0} do {

_vel0 = (velocity _boat select 0);
_vel1 = (velocity _boat select 1);
_vel2 = (velocity _boat select 2);

_vel0 = _vel0 - (_vel0 * 0.1);
_vel1 = _vel1 - (_vel1 * 0.1);

_boat setVelocity [_vel0, _vel1, _vel2];
sleep 0.2;
};		

_boat setFuel 0;

if (_vehAttached) then {
[_veh] execVM "fx_unloadVeh.sqf";
};

sleep 5;
(group _boat) enableAttack true;

To make the tank unload:

fx_unloadVeh.sqf

//Unload/move a vehicle - Foxy

if (!isServer) exitwith {};

_veh = _this select 0;
_dist = if (count _this > 1) then {_this select 1} else {30};
_maxSpeed = if (count _this > 2) then {_this select 2} else {10};
_attached = if (count _this > 3) then {false} else {true};

_posASL = getPosASL _veh;
_dir = getDir _veh;
_pos2 = [(_posASL select 0) + _dist * sin _dir, (_posASL select 1) + _dist * cos _dir, 0];
_vector = [_posASL,_pos2] call BIS_fnc_vectorFromXToY;

if (_attached) then {
detach _veh;
sleep 1;
};

_vel0 = _vector select 0;
_vel1 =	_vector select 1;
_vel2 = velocity _veh select 2;

(group _veh) enableAttack false;
_veh engineOn true;	
_veh setVelocity [_vel0, _vel1, _vel2];

while {_veh distance _pos2 > 10} do {

_vel0 = velocity _veh select 0;
_vel1 =	velocity _veh select 1;
_vel2 = velocity _veh select 2;

if (speed _veh < _maxSpeed) then {

_vel0 = _vel0 + (_vel0 * 0.001);
	_vel1 = _vel1 + (_vel1 * 0.001);
	_vel2 = _vel2 - (_vel2 * 0.001);
};

_veh setVelocity [_vel0, _vel1, _vel2];
sleep 0.0001;
};

sleep 5;
(group _veh) enableAttack true;

Ok, so you've got your boat in the water pointing at the shore. Now you need place a marker in line with where you want the boat to stop. You then call the script with a trigger for example like this:

nul0 = [LCM1, "boatStop1", tank1] execVM "fx_moveBoat.sqf";

In this case my boat is called LCM1, the marker where I want to make the boat to stop is called "boatStop1" and the tank is called tank1. You may need to play about with the marker position to get the right spot and I recommend you place it so the LCM comes to stop before it hits the beach and 'rises' out of the water. Ideally there should be no contact with the boat and the sand under it. The tank can handle a bit of water and it will stop the boat from turning as it hits the shore. The two scripts are linked so you only have to call the fx_moveboat one. It will automatically fire the fx_unloadVeh script once the boat comes to a stop. I separated them into the two scripts because I occassionally use the unloadVeh one for other purposes. If you find the boat does not stop at all, then its most likely because the marker is not in line with the boat... you can always use a long rectangle marker to line them up. Also instead of using a marker you could use a position array to make the spot, then you would call the script like this nul0 = [LCM1, [676, 53, 0], tank1] execVM "fx_moveBoat.sqf";

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

hi foxy I did change the name of the unit when I putted it in the Init field and i Did changed it when I made a trigger I also tried if the trigger would work if it stands on anyone instead of blufor or opfor

Try this: in the units init box put:

this disableAI "ANIM"; removeAllWeapons this; removeBackpack this; 

then try calling the switchMove on a trigger.

Or it seems that playMove instead of switchMove does the job without the need for the above code. But it leaves the guys weapons floating in the air so best to remove them. Let me know how you get on.

Edited by Foxy

seems to be a good start to me farside, keep working on it and maybe make a bigger image ... the fusolage looks very well done

however the only strange thing I noticed is how the edges are welded on the wing. In that way you have a bad shading

if you need help with it I can give you a couple of shots on how let it looks better ..

I've got photographs blue prints you name it. Yea started it Friday evening and your right about the wingtips, forming them properly is pretty annoying, I have the wings saved in a separate file so it shouldn't be too difficult to do.

ok, couple more then. redone the wings and added elevators, got the flaps still to do and need to sort out the thickness of the wings, tail and rudder, after that i still gotta make holes for the undercarriage and thats the 1st LOD done.

New Wings

Prop

Elevator and rear airfoil

have a look see what you think.

Edited by farside

Yessss, Wings looks much more better now, the propellers should be a bit larger , and try give flat shading to the elevator (check image)

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7827/corsair3zpsd49c15fa.jpg

I suggest you to check some walkaround to watch with your eyes the correct propotion of the things, because not all the blueprints are accurate :)

http://www.ratomodeling.com/references/f4u_bu17995/

Thanks for all your help mate, ok, totally redone the wings, was un happy with the bend in them, so anyway, added air intake at the front of the wings, added the flaps and ailerons will get a pic up in a bit, I dont understand what you mean by flat shading, I have redone that area as well, made it concave.

hi everyone so my firend Waxbutter isn't responding to my PMs so is there someone else who worked in the 31st Normandy mod (fields of war) whi can make the WHITE unfinished duck the smae green colour as the HiP allied vehicles also Does anyone if there is any other mod that has the 75 Mm Pack howitzer they were in the first wave on Peleliu to blow up any strongpoints (if they still were left) and for you guys who want to fly the corsair now maybe try this :

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17379

it also contains a green and white Zero so If you cant wait here u go

BR

Rob

---------- Post added at 09:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

hey you guys

I would like to help you guys making something new for the marines : THE P-41 Bag its THE USMC bag used during world war 2 on Pavuvu Peleliu Tarawa I got my Granddad's original one that he weared on Peleliu I can send you some pics if you need them here are some others al readdy :

http://media.beta.photobucket.com/user/TommyGunner_2006/media/USMC%20Web%20Gear/WW2USMCEquipmentPictures019.jpg.html?filters[term]=P41%20Bag%20USMC&filters[primary]=images#/user/TommyGunner_2006/media/USMC%20Web%20Gear/WW2USMCEquipmentPictures019.jpg.html?filters%5Bterm%5D=P41%20Bag%20USMC&filters%5Bprimary%5D=images&_suid=135582034924803588068601642743

http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/images/usmcfieldpack.JPG

So I want to make these bags in Arma II so is there an opportunity I get the files of the USMC soldier to help u guys I also would like to make the bag that akreaddy excists a little bit darker and add a early war TAN-poncho to it :

http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/images/usmcfieldpack.JPG ((this is the Guadalcanal version))

BR

Rob

It's easy to ask and have ideas, the hard part came when you must let became "real" these fantasies...

Instead of talk and ask, act! Apply yourself to learn some 3d software and make your own dreams became truth, we can give all the help and support you want on that.

But anyway, thanks for these photos, these are very beautiful

Edited by Babylonjoke

It's easy to ask and have ideas, the hard part came when you must let became "real" these fantasies...

Instead of talk and ask, act! Apply yourself to learn some 3d software and make your own dreams became truth, we can give all the help and support you want on that.

But anyway, thanks for these photos, these are very beautiful

I already was learing som e3-d software that's why I requested the US marines files so I can add the p41 backpack I am going to make I also would offer you guys to make a m19013 springfield a m18 recoiloic rifle and a 75mm m1a1 Pack Howitzer

@Foxy hey foxy no I didn't get the kata working I tried to change th eunit name to IJAsoldier1 and named it IJA soldier 1 then added the playermove kata-thing; but it wouldn't work after that I tried it with a trigger activated by Opfor that was present and first no timeou and on the second time I did try a time-ou but then the charachter only moves for 1 second and that isn't even kata pls help

BR

Rob

Well, while I know this issue isn't huge and can be fixed by a few simple scripts. Might I recommend a few variations of some current units, namely the Allied NCO's.

What I mean, is that it would be nice to see an NCO carrying an M1 Carbine as well, or even an NCO with an M1 Garand.

Now one issue that needs addressed is ammo interchangability; The M1928A1 Thompson for the brits can't seem to use 30rd mags (and 50's/100's won't pop into an American Tommy), and the M1 and M2 Carbines can't seem to swap out magazines like I believe they are supposed to.

If you refer to the M1 Thompson when you say American, that would be correct as the M1 was a later version that was incompatible with the drum magazines, as they had been deemed impractical for the field due to being slower to reload and un-jam, bulkier, and would rattle when you were moving.

Does anyone know what the second Turret gunner Array position is for the LCVP and LCM3?

Thanks

unit moveInTurret [boat,[0]]; or unit moveInTurret [boat,[1]];

Its one of them... can't remember which, presumably 1 would be the second turret.

Do the flares (wx_flare_white etc.) help the AI see in the dark or are they like the vanilla flares in only being useful for the player?

By the way, I'm really enjoying the mod, great work. I find that the PTO/CBI seems to fit well with the Arma 2 engine. Night fighting in the jungle is pretty intense!

Edited by Snafu