Waxbutter

Hell in the Pacific 0.5 beta release

finaly have some one make WW II Pacific mod & Marines

:) Hope can see M1903A1 Sniper Rifle with high-powerd J-Unertl Scope in the future

USMC did not use M1903A4

Thank you guys for making this awesome mod. can't wait for following update

Edited by Jackson1127

I wish too, because the M1903A1 had ironsights, so it'd match all the Arisaka's abilities.

Looks like you need to have the planes start in hangar or deck of the carrier to get the actions properly. :P Seems on the LCM also, you just have to practically hug the shore, ramp down, anchored with the tank. Still, plane doesn't show up on hangar though trying to use elevator.

And two last questions regarding content: will there be Devastators with torpedoes and submarines? The Gato class was indeed frequently used for attacks on shipping and fleets/convoys, as I'm sure you're well aware, just curious if it'll ever get in with the transports and carriers. Also, it'd be nice to drop torpedoes in general, really.

Edited by Kilroy the Nerd

A bit of shit went on Hell in the Pacific recently, but as Mr pedersen sed we are working for a great update.

Yes, I can't exclude that in a future we will make a M1903A1, also because I will personally rework a bit most of the weapons we have, and if I'll have time I'll try to make an A1 out of that A4. However sadly I can't say when that will happen.

Dimitri made an awesome Torpedo script (and also the model) that will be featured in the next update (hopefully) of the mod. So in the future a torpedo bomber will probably fly in arma 2, don't know if a Devastators or a TBF. About the submarines ,well, I wish we could make them but it's not really in our mind. If someone of the community want to make one, however, it's more then welcome!

Now let's show something cool.

First, we would like to present you our new 3d/2d artist with magnificent skill that decided to help us. his name is Hawk, Hawk_Silk (J.Bond style). We all hope we will be able to have a long collaboration with him!

Check his awesome skill :

USMC_Medevac_WMB_Wire_zpscfd01458.jpg

Now, let's show a bit the weapon which are going to be reworked for this first update:

M1919A4 With early carry handle ( top ) and late carry handle (down)

just-finished-details.jpg

M1/M1A1 Thompson

screenshot5.jpg

And a small bonus to show that the F4F Wildcat it's still alive, but very slowwwww progress

wildcat-render2.jpg

Anyway , in the next update you will also see our new USMC infantry models made by our Skill character modeler LODU. In a few days maybe we will be able to show you some work in progress on them.

Would it be at all possible to use the Bren gun model from this mod?

Looks like you need to have the planes start in hangar or deck of the carrier to get the actions properly.
Yes atm if you want to use aircraft with the carrier then you need to add them to the carrier in the first place. The carrier is still very early WIP and currently there are no default aircraft added. To add aircraft to the carrier use the following code - note: the carrier must be named for any carrier based scripts to work, i've called mine USN_carrier for this example. This will add 20 wildcats to the carrier, if you want more than just add them to the array. Don't forget to use the rear elevator ;)

:

//Run this serverside in the init.sqf or another script

USN_carrier setVariable ["DIH_log_lPlanes",[

"WX_US_Hellcat_f",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f_death",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f_kick",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f_sweet",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f_death",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f_kick",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f_sweet",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f_death",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f_kick",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f_sweet",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f_death",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f_kick",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f_sweet",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f_death",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f_kick",

"WX_US_Hellcat_f_sweet"

],true];

And two last questions regarding content: will there be Devastators with torpedoes and submarines? The Gato class was indeed frequently used for attacks on shipping and fleets/convoys, as I'm sure you're well aware, just curious if it'll ever get in with the transports and carriers. Also, it'd be nice to drop torpedoes in general, really.

As Babylon says Dimitri is already working on a torpedo system. Long term I wouldn't rule anything out as we would also like to see expansion of the naval assets for both sides.

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

Would it be at all possible to use the Bren gun model from this mod?
Thats one for Waxbutter/Dimitri. I will let them know you have requested to use it. What do you want it for out of curiosity? Edited by Foxy

Thats one for Waxbutter/Dimitri. I will let them know you have requested to use it. What do you want it for out of curiosity?

I'm putting together a small faction mod and am looking to use it as part of the infantry as well as on one vehicle. I havn't made anything public yet in case you're wondering why I left out the name ;)

I'm putting together a small faction mod and am looking to use it as part of the infantry as well as on one vehicle. I havn't made anything public yet in case you're wondering why I left out the name ;)
Understood. I will pass this on to Wax/Dimitri.

Good to know Babylon, didn't realise we were that close to torpedoes either. Sounds fun.

Also thanks for the code Foxy. So far been messing around with Zeros in the hangar, pretty good stuff.

Models looks fantastic, by the way. Don't work too hard though! ;)

One large question again though... would you be able to port this to ArmA 3, once released? I'd rather not see the mod left on ArmA 2 once everyone's up and about and having moved on to the next game, especially as ArmA 3 should come about this year and HIP is only in beta.

Good news, Will there be any updates for Kohima?

Yes there will be updates on kohima and the other islands too.

We will post more info soon.

---------- Post added at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

Good to know Babylon, didn't realise we were that close to torpedoes either. Sounds fun.

Also thanks for the code Foxy. So far been messing around with Zeros in the hangar, pretty good stuff.

Models looks fantastic, by the way. Don't work too hard though! ;)

One large question again though... would you be able to port this to ArmA 3, once released? I'd rather not see the mod left on ArmA 2 once everyone's up and about and having moved on to the next game, especially as ArmA 3 should come about this year and HIP is only in beta.

We just have to wait for ARMA 3 and see what tools they give us.

;)

But for now we want to give you a very nice update of our mod, new version is what we are working on. More information will follow soon.

Edited by Mr Pedersen

Hi. I can't be bothered to read this entire thread, to possibly find an answer. Is there any plan for a non-beta (stable/official) release anytime soon? Keeping us updated with the betas and all is great, but if one's basing any given scenario around the mod, using an stable/official release is more reassuring :). Sorry if I missed the answer somewhere.

Yeh I wouldn't read too much into the version number and use of the word beta. Each version will have more content/improvements than the last.

Edited by Foxy

Would it be possible to add some key figures into the mod? IE; Douglas MacArthur, Chester Nimitz, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, Kunio Nakagawa etc etc. I wanted to portray a meeting (that happened irl) between Franklin, Douglas & Chester. It would be cool, if said units looked the part too :)

Unless these characters are already available. If so I couldn't find them.

Hey Iceman, to lower the LCVP/LCM3 ramp use:

[color="#FF0000"]"VEHICLENAME" animate ["ramp",1];[/color] - Lower.
[color="#FF0000"]"VEHICLENAME" animate ["ramp",0];[/color] - Raise.

As for doing famous people, I'm not sure we would do "real people" for want of a better term, perhaps one of the other guys will be able to answer that one better.

Regards Hawk.

ninja'd :). Thank you! Regarding the real persons, it sure would be cool. But I'm sure I can make do. This mod is outstanding so far!

Are there any plans to add in any of the P-51 variants? (the infamous P-51D mainly :))

Are there any plans to add in any of the P-51 variants? (the infamous P-51D mainly :))

Not at the moment. But sure we have that plane on our wish list as well as many other planes on our list.

when we get close to release our new update we will give more detail information about what the update will bring you.

Cool. P51D definitely a must have. Even though it was late coming into the pacific theatre. Most technologically advanced & most lethal single prop plane of it's time. :)

Edited by Iceman77

Feedback: Flys / Fly noises come instantly when killing a unit. I would suggest maybe a random 2-5min delay before the flys come :)

Edited by Iceman77