Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E Release v1.3

Version v1.2 Release.. Check 1st post for details & Download link :o

What's different about the hardcore model? Doesn't everyone get put in the back anyways?

What's different about the hardcore model? Doesn't everyone get put in the back anyways?

Nope, on the "Hardcore" version the crew disembark from inside the MH47 like it was in its original release.

So people can do roof top extractions :p Without pressing get out and being dropped outside the front of the chopper next to the cockpit.

Great work as always Konyo. BUT...I have one other request or suggestion...if you will? Is there a way to implement ,from your point as the author, IR strobes to act as navigation lights (visible in NVGs)?

Here is a similar project, but it's in script form, PLUS, I don't believe this gentleman has implemented IR Navigation strobes/ Anti-collision lights.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15565&highlight=NAVIGATION%2BLIGHTS

If not, no worries. I just figured it would be one more awesome feature built into your helo, instead of someone having to script it into a mission.

Cheers

Raptor 6

I figure it's worth mentioning that NZX Shadow's M1151 Humvee pack's had humvee's with an IR strobe attached to the antenna on it. As far as I can remember, it was linked with turning your normal lights on..so somewhat counter intuitive but still possible!

I can't download from your Link? The Yellow bar appears at the bottem of my screen with the "Save File" but when I click on it nothing ever happens? It will not let me save the file?

I can't download from your Link? The Yellow bar appears at the bottem of my screen with the "Save File" but when I click on it nothing ever happens? It will not let me save the file?

Try using another browser like Google Chrome, instead of Internet Explorer :)

Regards astast

Try using another browser like Google Chrome, instead of Internet Explorer :)

Regards astast

Yes, try another browser :D It works fine for me on IE.

Or if thats too much hassle then if you have Skype PM me your Username and I'll send the file through Skype?

Great work as always Konyo. BUT...I have one other request or suggestion...if you will? Is there a way to implement ,from your point as the author, IR strobes to act as navigation lights (visible in NVGs)?

Here is a similar project, but it's in script form, PLUS, I don't believe this gentleman has implemented IR Navigation strobes/ Anti-collision lights.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15565&highlight=NAVIGATION%2BLIGHTS

If not, no worries. I just figured it would be one more awesome feature built into your helo, instead of someone having to script it into a mission.

Cheers

Raptor 6

Something ive requested too, this would really complete the chopper in many ways :)

Ps: whats so different about the hardcore version? thanks

Edited by DarkXess

Something ive requested too, this would really complete the chopper in many ways :)

Ps: whats so different about the hardcore version? thanks

I'll see what I can do about the lights ;) Although you can just turn the collision lights off though? Or do you mean the lights that flash as seen in the video a page or 2 before?

& on the "Hardcore" version the crew disembark from inside the MH47 like it was in its original release.

So people can do roof top extractions Without pressing get out and being dropped outside the front of the chopper next to the cockpit.

Yeah you can see on these videos from the mod which I and Raptor 6 Actual mentioned, the script worked great in the 1.59 version of the game but no longer works :(

It also requires the "WarFX Blastcore" mod and he also had a video of his version showing the Anti-Collision Lights. And yeah it had a "strobes on/off" option, it was a shame that

not many people knew of the mod that worked before as it was awesome, you can only see by the videos.

Thanks for the details about the hardcore version :)

Edit: I remember it being a created thing by Opticalsnare (warfx blastcore mod) first, though his was also a scripted version which also hasnt been updated as of yet. You could always contact him or Soul_Assassin.

Hi Konyo!

I must say this is quite an impressive mod you have made. I have one slight problem, being very very new to the Full version on CO but when my bird takes off, I get a fast rope deploy hint appear for a sec on take off, then it disappears. I can't seem to figure out the system to get it working. If I press "enter" as soon as I get the fast rope hint about 5-10 secs later my team decides to jump on the rope. Then once it disappears I can't seem to find the hint again.

Edited by SpookyGnu

Just tried the new version...the guys in back still tend to suicide jump out of the back when I hover and I'm not on the ground, right around the altitude where it gives me the "deploy fast ropes" action. Does it in the Fixed Ramp and Moving Ramp version. I'm assuming its linked to the altimeter somehow. Once your aircraft gets slow enough the altimeter reads 0. It only happens when I have a transport unload waypoint linked with a get out waypoint. I can fly around at random and deploy fast ropes with no waypoints and the guys won't jump out of the rear at 50 feet so I guess I can do that for now.

Also, which shipping containers is the aircraft slinging in the pictures in the first post? Trying to figure that out. I tried the cargo containers under Objects (Military)...didn't work. Although I think it would be pretty cool to be able to sling those. That and other aircraft...anything smaller than another chinook

Edited by islesfan186

Hi Konyo!

I must say this is quite an impressive mod you have made. I have one slight problem, being very very new to the Full version on CO but when my bird takes off, I get a fast rope deploy hint appear for a sec on take off, then it disappears. I can't seem to figure out the system to get it working. If I press "enter" as soon as I get the fast rope hint about 5-10 secs later my team decides to jump on the rope. Then once it disappears I can't seem to find the hint again.

Its doing that because it will only work at such hight, you should hover to the correct hight to get it working right - it wont work either being too high or too low. :)

Also, which shipping containers is the aircraft slinging in the pictures in the first post? Trying to figure that out. I tried the cargo containers under Objects (Military)...didn't work. Although I think it would be pretty cool to be able to sling those. That and other aircraft...anything smaller than another chinook

Just put an vehicle ammo box on the floor, hover above it and lift it - the mod automatically changes the cargo then to look like in the picture :)

Hi Konyo!

Its doing that because it will only work at such hight, you should hover to the correct hight to get it working right - it wont work either being too high or too low. :)

Just tried the new version...the guys in back still tend to suicide jump out of the back when I hover and I'm not on the ground, right around the altitude where it gives me the "deploy fast ropes" action. Does it in the Fixed Ramp and Moving Ramp version. I'm assuming its linked to the altimeter somehow. Once your aircraft gets slow enough the altimeter reads 0. It only happens when I have a transport unload waypoint linked with a get out waypoint. I can fly around at random and deploy fast ropes with no waypoints and the guys won't jump out of the rear at 50 feet so I guess I can do that for now.

Just put an vehicle ammo box on the floor, hover above it and lift it - the mod automatically changes the cargo then to look like in the picture :)

DarkXess posted the correct answers :D

Follow what he said & it will work! :)

Thanks I was able to download using Google Chrome. And Konyo, I will have them Demo Missions we talked about soon...got them all working good just need to tweak a few things like the Briefing.sqf file and a few other small things. I can send what I got over now for you to test though just PM me.

p.s. "Hardcore" Version is a blessing to have back thanks much!

Dave,

Thanks for the tip DarkXess!

Oh and hello to you Arma guys btw! loving this game.

I've been applying a waypoint to get the helo to move and fire the code that I saw on an earlier page of this thread.

null = [air1,50] execVM "\norrn_dbo_MH47E_fastrope\scripts\deploy_fastropes_AI.sqf";

Where it says, [air1, 50] am I right in saying that the value is the height at which the helo will deploy the ropes at. Can you tell me what the min and max heights are please. Also does this code go in the action field or the script field.

Sorry for the editing Q's in this thread albeit apparent to the mod anyway, I'm just a little vague on the workings of things at the minute. Like I said earlier I'm very new to the game and I'm trying as best I can to get my head around the editing stuff.

Thanks again.

Seems that you can't have any of the 'softcore' type helo's on the map if you want to use the 'hardcore' get out. Once I just had 'hardcore' birds on the map only everything worked fine.

Thanks guys for the help!

Edited by 7th_Serf
figured out the problem with some help

Hey Konyo, any chance to have the Minigun on the "Light" Damage Wreck model be usable? Also alot of E/F Models in RL have if I am not mistaken M240B's Mounted in the back rear Windows. Can we possibly get them for this Aircraft?

Dave,

Thanks I was able to download using Google Chrome. And Konyo, I will have them Demo Missions we talked about soon...got them all working good just need to tweak a few things like the Briefing.sqf file and a few other small things. I can send what I got over now for you to test though just PM me.

p.s. "Hardcore" Version is a blessing to have back thanks much!

Dave,

Cool, thanks mate :D Sounds exciting, PM sent!

Oh and hello to you Arma guys btw! loving this game.

I've been applying a waypoint to get the helo to move and fire the code that I saw on an earlier page of this thread.

null = [air1,50] execVM "\norrn_dbo_MH47E_fastrope\scripts\deploy_fastropes_AI.sqf";

Where it says, [air1, 50] am I right in saying that the value is the height at which the helo will deploy the ropes at. Can you tell me what the min and max heights are please. Also does this code go in the action field or the script field.

Sorry for the editing Q's in this thread albeit apparent to the mod anyway, I'm just a little vague on the workings of things at the minute. Like I said earlier I'm very new to the game and I'm trying as best I can to get my head around the editing stuff.

Thanks again.

The fastroping on the MH47 works the same way as norrin's fastroping system.

All the detailed instruction's on how to use it can be found on his thread link below :D

MP fast rope script addon.

Still have the guys exiting out the front right side of the aircraft when they hit their 'Get Out' key even with the latest update. Tried all the variants of the 47E (hardcore, blank, fixed ramp, SRO) and they all do that. The original version you put out gave the player the ability to 'get out' inside of the Chinook - now no matter the version - you can't.

Can you just revert back to the old version? We don't use scripts or AI to fly or be passengers in our aircraft so a lot of the features your working on aren't required for those of us who use humans for stuff.

Thanks!

What 'Get Out' key do you mean? Are you pressing 'Get Out' via the action Menu?

That works fine if you press it via the selection menu on the 'Hardcore' version. Myself & other on this thread have confirmed it works?

Hey Konyo, any chance to have the Minigun on the "Light" Damage Wreck model be usable? Also alot of E/F Models in RL have if I am not mistaken M240B's Mounted in the back rear Windows. Can we possibly get them for this Aircraft?

Dave,

I hadn't thought about that before, but I could possible look into it :D

Ahem... I believe it was discussed... :P

I ment i'll look into the 'Light Damage' wreck having a useable Mini Gun :P

Hasn't the MH47 got enough firepower already without the Guns on the back? lol.