Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E Release v1.3

i tried one of the demo missions and i noticed that the helicopters terrain following was pretty weird...like if it goes over a hill, it won't decrease altitude maintain whatever it was at or maintain whatever flyinheight you have it set to. in fact it seems to just keep climbing. in the demo by the time you reach the giant airfield on chernarus you're like 900 meters in the air. i wasnt sure if thats how the missions was supposed to be, so i just went into the editor and gave it some random waypoints, and i get the same result. the aircraft wont maintain altitude, it just wants to keep climbing. it pretty much makes it impossible to have AI pilots do low level flying. once an AI pilot goes over a mountain or a big hill, hes staying at whatever altitude he had to reach to get over that hill, and then keep climbing. thats pretty much a giant beacon to any ADA unit saying "hey, please shoot me down". any ideas as to why this is happening?

i tried one of the demo missions and i noticed that the helicopters terrain following was pretty weird...like if it goes over a hill, it won't decrease altitude maintain whatever it was at or maintain whatever flyinheight you have it set to. in fact it seems to just keep climbing. in the demo by the time you reach the giant airfield on chernarus you're like 900 meters in the air. i wasnt sure if thats how the missions was supposed to be, so i just went into the editor and gave it some random waypoints, and i get the same result. the aircraft wont maintain altitude, it just wants to keep climbing. it pretty much makes it impossible to have AI pilots do low level flying. once an AI pilot goes over a mountain or a big hill, hes staying at whatever altitude he had to reach to get over that hill, and then keep climbing. thats pretty much a giant beacon to any ADA unit saying "hey, please shoot me down". any ideas as to why this is happening?

It's because of the Roadway LOD error. The alt meter reads '0' when its flying flat so the helicopter keeps climbing to 'try' & gain height. Only way to remove that error is by removing its Roadway LOD, which then mean it wont be a walkable interior..

I have a couple of questions right now;

Is this mod compatible with other addons (namely ADukes Helo pack)? I'm asking because I'm running into issues with the Cargo Rope and I'm trying to pinpoint where that issue comes from. (I can't use the cargo rope in my current mission, but in a fresh mission without other units inside except a US Humvee it works)

Also, is it possible to tell the AI to pick up an ammo crate / make it spawn mid-air with an ammo crate in tow? This would seem like a neat idea for supply drops in my mission, but I'm unsure if it is possible / how to accomplish this.

I have a couple of questions right now;

Is this mod compatible with other addons (namely ADukes Helo pack)? I'm asking because I'm running into issues with the Cargo Rope and I'm trying to pinpoint where that issue comes from. (I can't use the cargo rope in my current mission, but in a fresh mission without other units inside except a US Humvee it works)

Also, is it possible to tell the AI to pick up an ammo crate / make it spawn mid-air with an ammo crate in tow? This would seem like a neat idea for supply drops in my mission, but I'm unsure if it is possible / how to accomplish this.

Not sure if it's compatible with ADukes pack, I havn't tryed them both together yet. However I do know that there's a problem where if you try to run a different script at the same time the cargo ropes won't work. I found that out while trying to take some release pictures using the camera.sqs script.

Also, as for spawning the MH47 with an object sling loaded. No there is no current way to do that. Sorry.

I noticed it does not work when I set myself as Pilot with a manned MH47E (spawned via BLUFOR -> US -> SOAR), but it does work with empty MH47E's I've placed in the mission. Odd.

Anyhow, thanks for your help. Is there a way to tell the AI to use the cargo ropes? I'm talking about spawned units here (in editor).

Hello konyo!

Very cool addon!

Just to give you some ideas (maybe for the next release??:p)... You can put an ATV inside the cargo of your Chinook... That will be great for Spec Ops missions...

You should edit your thread title :p It says: "Boeing/SOAR MH-47E v1.1 Release" instead of "Boeing/SOAR MH-47E v1.2 Release"

I noticed it does not work when I set myself as Pilot with a manned MH47E (spawned via BLUFOR -> US -> SOAR), but it does work with empty MH47E's I've placed in the mission. Odd.

Anyhow, thanks for your help. Is there a way to tell the AI to use the cargo ropes? I'm talking about spawned units here (in editor).

Ah brilliant, I didn't know that neither. Thanks for reporting it back to me :D

I can take some new pictures now with it spawned as Empty then :)

Hello konyo!

Very cool addon!

Just to give you some ideas (maybe for the next release??:p)... You can put an ATV inside the cargo of your Chinook... That will be great for Spec Ops missions...

I believe this has been discussed before :p

It would be good indeed, but that requires scripting skills.. Which unfortunaly I don't have :(

You should edit your thread title :p It says: "Boeing/SOAR MH-47E v1.1 Release" instead of "Boeing/SOAR MH-47E v1.2 Release"

I've reported it to be changed twice since release, but no one has responded lol.

Someone else can try reporting it to be changed? Maybe they missed my reports or just havn't seen them yet. I don't know :confused:

I've reported it to be changed twice since release, but no one has responded lol.

Someone else can try reporting it to be changed? Maybe they missed my reports or just havn't seen them yet. I don't know :confused:

I have not seen any report asking for it but I was pretty much inactive between christmas/new year. I have changed the title now I saw this post :)

I believe this has been discussed before :p

It would be good indeed, but that requires scripting skills.. Which unfortunaly I don't have :(

I've looked into that and it does seem to work but I'm still trying to figure out the perfect setting for the attachTo coordinates, especially when ejecting the ATV. Looks pretty weird now when the ATV just shoots away out of the Chinook. I'll work on it a bit more and I can pass it onto you if you want (and when I get this right)

I have not seen any report asking for it but I was pretty much inactive between christmas/new year. I have changed the title now I saw this post :)

Thanks foxhound :) & Thanks for the mirror too, I need to update the first post now :)

I've looked into that and it does seem to work but I'm still trying to figure out the perfect setting for the attachTo coordinates, especially when ejecting the ATV. Looks pretty weird now when the ATV just shoots away out of the Chinook. I'll work on it a bit more and I can pass it onto you if you want (and when I get this right)

Ah that sounds good, do you happen to have a video of it? :p

Would be great if you could send it over, I could include it in the next release :D

I could certainly try making a video, but it'll be really crappy because I'd have to use Windows Movie Maker (unless you have a good, free, video editing software you could recommend). I'll see what I can do. It's not really final yet though because I still have some velocity issues & the vehicle won't show up inside the vehicle.

Also I noticed that the AI can't even fly the MH-47E for some reason. Is this intended? They simply don't take off.

I could certainly try making a video, but it'll be really crappy because I'd have to use Windows Movie Maker (unless you have a good, free, video editing software you could recommend). I'll see what I can do. It's not really final yet though because I still have some velocity issues & the vehicle won't show up inside the vehicle.

Also I noticed that the AI can't even fly the MH-47E for some reason. Is this intended? They simply don't take off.

Not to worry about the video now buddy as you sent me that PM :D

The AI should be able to fly it, what version are you using? Does it have any waypoints? & Is it when using the ATV script?

Well, I tried to get the AI to take off with a simple this engineon true and this flyinheight 400. Doesn't work.

What I also noticed is that the Altitude does not display correctly when the MH-47's speed is 0 or if it points straightforward (heading of 000).

Well, I tried to get the AI to take off with a simple this engineon true and this flyinheight 400. Doesn't work.

What I also noticed is that the Altitude does not display correctly when the MH-47's speed is 0 or if it points straightforward (heading of 000).

Never tried the is engineon command, I will try it and see what happens. Although I don't know that wouldn't work..

& Yeah regarding the alt meter reading 0 is because of its Roadway LOD. A known error already :D

Hey konyo,

First off, fantastic helicopter, had to download it the moment I saw it.

I'm having some issues getting it to pick up vehicles though, I'm using ACE and trying to sling-rope it the usual way. I noticed before in an older version you were able to hover over an ammo box and use the scroll action to pick it up with the cargo nets, but I haven't be able to do anything like that in the new version.

I'm probably missing something simple, any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Hey konyo,

First off, fantastic helicopter, had to download it the moment I saw it.

I'm having some issues getting it to pick up vehicles though, I'm using ACE and trying to sling-rope it the usual way. I noticed before in an older version you were able to hover over an ammo box and use the scroll action to pick it up with the cargo nets, but I haven't be able to do anything like that in the new version.

I'm probably missing something simple, any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Are you using the ACE Sling System, or the one that comes with the MH47?

Sounds like your using the system that's included, It should work the same way as before as nothing has changed. Try with a M119 then an Ammo box? Also have you included in all the new pbo's? Slingropes and Fast Ropes etc? Not just copied the new kyo_mh47e.pbo & left the others? :D

What happens if you disable ACE? Do the Slingropes work then?

Included sling system works for me, but on the other hand ACE system does not work at all... I'm doing the usual stuff, just like with all other helos - in the end I get no option to attach rope and cargo to MH-47... I've been trying to fix this somehow in config, but nothing worked. Seems like something model related.

Same thing with ACE Fastropes. Due to (I think) Roadway LOD, when you try to fastrope on back ropes you just get stuck on ramp and it teleports you back to the helo, except for other players you're showing half stuck in side fuel tank. You still got the option to get out, but it looks weird... I'll post a screenshot when I'll find it.

Also - not yet checked in release 1.2, but in 1.1 on some circumstances I did get multiple *whatever the action to drop fastropes was called* entries in action menu...

I'll post the "evidence" (xD) soon...

Are you using the ACE Sling System, or the one that comes with the MH47?

Sounds like your using the system that's included, It should work the same way as before as nothing has changed. Try with a M119 then an Ammo box? Also have you included in all the new pbo's? Slingropes and Fast Ropes etc? Not just copied the new kyo_mh47e.pbo & left the others? :D

What happens if you disable ACE? Do the Slingropes work then?

I have indeed made sure all of the PBOs were uploaded by deleting the old ones and adding all of the new ones.

I just got done doing a lot of different tests with a friend on our dedicated server and interdependently on a listen server. From what I can tell in order for the included rope system to work, the helicopter has to spawn empty with nobody inside of it, including AI. Anytime I would spawn it with either myself already in the pilot seat or an AI, the "extend cargo ropes" feature never appeared for me (pilot). Once I spawned it in empty and THEN got in, it worked right away and I was able to lift either an ammo box or a vehicle using the included system. At no point could I get the ace sling rope to work, the "hook" option always stayed blacked out. I tested trying to ace sling rope a box/vehicle with both the MH-47E and the vanilla chinook and was only able to successfully hook with the vanilla chinook.

Also trying to spawn the helicopter with either MCC or the RTE ended with a helicopter that could not use the included system or the ace sling rope.

I can confirm Ajax's part about the regular "Extend Cargo Rope" bug. Doesn't work with a spawned MH-47E but does indeed work with an empty MH-47E.

I've also noticed with the sling load, once you release the cargo it just disappears without a trace?

Is that just me or is this a known bug?

I've also noticed with the sling load, once you release the cargo it just disappears without a trace?

That also happened once or twice during my testing, you have to be pretty close to the ground when you release, should work fine then.

;2273442']Included sling system works for me' date=' but on the other hand ACE system does not work at all... I'm doing the usual stuff, just like with all other helos - in the end I get no option to attach rope and cargo to MH-47... I've been trying to fix this somehow in config, but nothing worked. Seems like something model related.

Same thing with ACE Fastropes. Due to (I think) Roadway LOD, when you try to fastrope on back ropes you just get stuck on ramp and it teleports you back to the helo, except for other players you're showing half stuck in side fuel tank. You still got the option to get out, but it looks weird... I'll post a screenshot when I'll find it.

Also - not yet checked in release 1.2, but in 1.1 on some circumstances I did get multiple *whatever the action to drop fastropes was called* entries in action menu...

I'll post the "evidence" (xD) soon...[/quote']

Think ACE will be fixed in next update. I've been informed there was an error with the ACE config values, so I'm guessing that's why there not working. I could be wrong though. Fingers crossed! & The multiple Extend Cargo Ropes options had been fixed in v1.1. When did you get the multiple actions?

Also trying to spawn the helicopter with either MCC or the RTE ended with a helicopter that could not use the included system or the ace sling rope.

Sorry, what is MCC or RTE?

Not heard/noticed of this bug before. Thanks for reporting it! :D